Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Not even counting all the other issues with it that have already been pointed out, zenyatta's charge attack preventing you from slinging harmony/discords the entire time it's going is what frustrates me most. I guess they do that so you can't charge nearly to full, discord someone, and immediately shotgun their face though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Blizzard please remove Mei from the game. I'm sick of 5v7 games.

dont do this actually blizzard

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Mei should be blizzard's mascot

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

PSA: you can use defense matrix at the same time you use D.Vas boosters

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Help Im Alive posted:

Mei should be blizzard's mascot

her ult is called blizzard so

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I've spam added enough goons that I can just about pull a full game whenever I login and it is quite amazing

But also shows you the other really good pre-made teams. Better than playing with nothing but tracers/windowmakers/mccrees/reapers tho

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Me and a few friends ran into a 5 genji/1 Lucio party last night, got annoyed, and switched in some Winstons. I was pleasantly surprised when the enemy team stuck to their genji tactics, not because they were winning, but because they were dedicated to the bit. Next map they ran all hanzo.

On short, it was a troll team, but one that just ran with it to the end without being dicks, and so I applaud them, whoever they are.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
As cool a concept Zenyatta is, I wonder what brainiacs down at Blizzard thought it would be good design to make a hero that needs constant LoS to be effective and is also the squishiest and least mobile character in the game.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
D.Va not being so great is a real tragedy since I love the idea of being a Korean super nerd with an over-the-top accent. Winky face!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dear Team: I should not be getting the gold medal for Objective Time as Zenyatta. Thank you.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

gandlethorpe posted:

As cool a concept Zenyatta is, I wonder what brainiacs down at Blizzard thought it would be good design to make a hero that needs constant LoS to be effective and is also the squishiest and least mobile character in the game.

he didn't always require LoS to keep harmony or discord orbs on his targets but this was actually overpowered (this was when every team was like 2 genji 2 zenyatta as cores). they knew they would be making him underpowered in this state, but did not have a more elegant fix. Also this was when Symmetra's shield still gave 50 shields which meant once that was stuck on a zenyatta he could play like he was a real character

personally i think it's dumb blizzard never normalized zenyatta's hp after removing his ability to do anything without exposing himself to danger. if they thought his damage was out of line for having 200 hp they could, y'know, reduce his damage or something, like they did with Lucio.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jun 7, 2016

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
a healer who can cast a thing that turns damage you would take into healing (up to a cap) would make sense. Second skill could be a protection aura that gives a % chance for attacks to miss the target. Main weapon is something where if you shoot people your skills work better with a higher cap on the damage, higher % chance for dodge, or longer durations. It would be more fun to play because it'd be like Zarya where you need situational awareness to do it well. Ult could be no cooldown on main skills or something, I dunno.

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric
Sweet I got the epic or legendary or whatever gun twirling McCree emote. Guess I'll have to start playing him a bit now.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Man I'm glad they don't balance this game around the ideas itt.

Healing should be easy because it let's more experienced players utilize more complex characters. Quit turning healing into a goddamn game of chess

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!

Jimbot posted:

Zarya is the best hero. My favorite is running into Dva and Junkrat Ultimates, putting shield on and a nearby ally and getting full beam strength instantly. It's very easy to get cocky with her as you can lose track of your health very fast (something I wish you could put on the crosshair along with ability cooldowns) but boy a good Zarya turns the tide of battle really well. As another hero I love it when a shield covers me, giving me invulnerability for a little bit.

I saw a junkrat tyre come at my zarya last night while I was on the point and usually junkrat's blow their load as soon as they see anyone but this one went "NOPE" and jumped over the top of me and kept going haha

Would anyone even use junkrat if they had to deal with splash damage from his own grenades like every other character with AOEs

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

vyst posted:

Man I'm glad they don't balance this game around the ideas itt.

Healing should be easy because it let's more experienced players utilize more complex characters. Quit turning healing into a goddamn game of chess

Which is why when more experienced players get stuck as healers they're bored to loving tears

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

Would anyone even use junkrat if they had to deal with splash damage from his own grenades like every other character with AOEs

They do splash damage to him, it's reduced I think. He doesn't take damage from the concussion mine though.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

I saw a junkrat tyre come at my zarya last night while I was on the point and usually junkrat's blow their load as soon as they see anyone but this one went "NOPE" and jumped over the top of me and kept going haha

he does get hurt by his regular grenades, just not the mine. they don't do too much damage, but i have killed myself on stairs a couple times.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

Which is why when more experienced players get stuck as healers they're bored to loving tears

*except Lucio

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

ImpAtom posted:

Yes, Genji is much better at dealing with turrets and Bastions than Tracer is short of Tracer using her ult.

Torb turret doesn't full kill itself in a full deflect and M1ing it down from peeking take a long rear end time where you can get scouted out. Tracer can point blank shoot a turret for all it's HP in 1 clip and sometimes doesn't have to use a major cooldown to live while doing it.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

The only time it isn't painful to play Zenyatta against decent players is if you have a Torbjorn on your team. I love that his shields take damage before armor, so the buffer lasts quite a while. Unfortunately, it's pretty rare to get a Torbjorn who knows what he's doing.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Seriously tho. My post about finding Lúcio boring because you don't get to jerk off watching your POTG was only kinda tongue-in-cheek. You have some of the best mobility in the game, you're always doing something, at midrange you can pick off hurt players with consistency...

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Lucio has the coolest mobility skill in the game and almost no reason to ever use it.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
if you are finding lucio boring it is likely that your team is exceptionally bad and/or you are not doing everything possible in his tool kit

or it's your 10th lucio game in a row and you'd like to play another hero for once (this is me). but honestly lucio is pretty fun overall.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lant posted:

Torb turret doesn't full kill itself in a full deflect and M1ing it down from peeking take a long rear end time where you can get scouted out. Tracer can point blank shoot a turret for all it's HP in 1 clip and sometimes doesn't have to use a major cooldown to live while doing it.

I'm pretty sure a Tracer can't do 300 damage in a single clip and if a Tracer gets to your turret and unloads her full clip into it without getting killed or having to blow a cooldown to escape then you've done something drastically wrong.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Zoness posted:

or it's your 10th lucio game in a row and you'd like to play another hero for once (this is me). but honestly lucio is pretty fun overall.

This is my problem. There's 21 characters and two or three of those are basically mandatory picks in a competitive match.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Even your crappy friends don't want to be your pocket medic or a weakling with a heal aura. I'd rather play without a support than switch to one besides on king of the hill maps where Lucio can boop people off the cliff.

Zenyatta is fun to play when there is no widow or a bad one though which is unfortunately getting rarer.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

flashman posted:

Even your crappy friends don't want to be your pocket medic or a weakling with a heal aura. I'd rather play without a support than switch to one besides on king of the hill maps where Lucio can boop people off the cliff.

Zenyatta is fun to play when there is no widow or a bad one though which is unfortunately getting rarer.

Haha oh my friend there are plenty of terrible widows, you are just too good at the game to see any. You should lose a few matches on purpose while watching some Netflix so that you can play with we overwatch plebs

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Zoness posted:

if you are finding lucio boring it is likely that your team is exceptionally bad and/or you are not doing everything possible in his tool kit

No he's just really really boring. His toolkit is mostly passive.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

there are people that like playing the support role and lucio's cool and interesting, thank you for your time

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Internet Kraken posted:

if you think this you are probably not good at playing lucio and could probably use some more time learning how to play lucio

as for why you should wall ride a lot - wall riding mixed with normal movement and weaving crossfade auras increases your survivability drastically

Zoness fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jun 7, 2016

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I think I might be done witrh this game for a while, if i hadn't played so much I'd ask for a refund. Mcree and non mouthbreathing widows, basically.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

The problem with Lucio is that his gameplay is less engaging than other characters while being much more valuable. People give 76 a lot of poo poo for being a CoD ripoff, but Lucio literally does nothing but fire his lovely gun and skate around in circles. on KotH you can try and doot people off, but for payload your whole game is basically just to skate around your team, fire shots off, and mash your Boosted Healing once very 15 seconds. Oh and then you can throw a big shield on people. It just sucks that he's so drat useful you basically need one on your team always.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I've gotten maybe three M2 Zenyatta kills in all my time, and one of those was on a Widowmaker in the first few seconds of a match. I like to think they uninstalled and never played again after that.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I like playing Support and have done so in many games for a long time, and I find lucio pretty boring half the time because a thing which is ostensibly part of his toolkit - a gun which you have basically zero reason to not be firing often - is boring and impotent. Mercy's gun being mediocre is fine because it's a secondary and blizzard has signaled that using it is a last resort. Meanwhile lucio's sound whatever is always out and feels crummy to use most of the time. even when i hit 4 headshots at a chokepoint all I've done is feed the enemy team healer ult because it's still like 130 damage. it's basically a tool for spamming but it does no damage.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Like mercy is really fun as a Support Dude because flying around is great and damage amping feels good. Every tool the game expects me to use regularly is effective and strong. the same cannot be said for lucio and that will likely never change because he's still super powerful

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
You're either way higher on the MMR than I am (probably) or you're trying to solo people with Lúcio. 90% of matches I end up with gold objective kills because I do clean-up work with him, or whittle people down from the entrances.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

The problem with Lucio is that trying to do cool poo poo with your wall ride or knockback is probably worse for your team than just staying in a safe spot within aura range.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

Why I have fun with Lucio: the game is positioning, keeping that # below my crosshairs as close to 5 as possible, using my speed boosts and mobility to stay alive, and contributing a little damage while being an annoying little gnat and building my ult, and then using my ult at just the right times, and keeping my eye out for doot opportunities. His gun may not do high DPS, but it's super easy to get lots of hits by just firing it at head level at likely corners, and lots of characters ignore him until I peck them to death. I've killed lots of Reinhardts who ignored me while I skated around behind them. I definitely don't feel "passive" when I'm playing him. I feel much more "passive" with Mercy actually.

It's like cooking a perfect hamburger -- it seems simple, but that just means it's even more important to do everything right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

I dunno I'm coming around to liking lucio way better again now that I'm learning the maps. It probably wouldn't work in top tier mmr but he's actually not that bad sitting on the front line, dancing overtop of the payload, being a dodgy rear end in a top hat, and pinging people in the head with his glob shots.