Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

I think I can just rip that dumb collar thing off iceman, cut his "hair" off, and smooth it with acetone! All the good subtle ice effects would be left. There might be a good Iceman in there after all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I think I can just rip that dumb collar thing off iceman, cut his "hair" off, and smooth it with acetone! All the good subtle ice effects would be left. There might be a good Iceman in there after all!

It almost looks like the ice shoulder piece can come off but I haven't seen pictures that suggest that yet.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

It most likely does. It's clearly not attached to the figure. It looks similar to the tendrils/spikes piece that plug into the back of the recent symbiote figures.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Louisgod posted:

It almost looks like the ice shoulder piece can come off but I haven't seen pictures that suggest that yet.

The shot from the back makes it seem like it is a soft good connected to a peg hole in the back. Even if it is glued on it does seem trivial to remove.

That head though. Man it is so close to being perfect.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
EDIT

Weird Double Post.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.
That X-Men wave will be the first complete wave I've ever bought, and from what I've seen that's been the case for everyone. The demand for the wave has been so crazy, I hope it gives Hasbro incentive to keep them coming. I know there's a rumored X-Men wave 2 circulating, but its lineup just doesn't excite me as much.

We've been starved of X-Men figures for a while now, in the meantime Hasbro has been digging deep and grabbing some C and D-listers from other areas of the Marvel universe.

Now loving reprint that TRU exclusive Storm that all of ten people got a chance to buy.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Ultron is loving huge.

Also; the real villain of Infinity War has been revealed.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
idgi what's wrong with that Legends Iceman? He looks fine to me.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I just got my Venom Snake Nendoroid, and man I cannot fathom how anyone on a dollars to dollars basis consider these things that much better than your random Funko Pop or what have you.

The Kirby one was great because it used magnets and had customizable limbs that were very large. Venom Snake on the other hand is what I imagine most Nendoroid's to be like: Some of the loosest joints I've ever seen on a figure, limbs that fall off at a blink of an eye, nearly impossible to put in a base. If it were maybe 1-3" larger it'd be much easier to handle, but at the current size it's unusable. Charging $40 for something like this is horrible.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Reinanigans posted:

idgi what's wrong with that Legends Iceman? He looks fine to me.

People want the classic rounded head Iceman without the icicles all over him. Which I don't understand, this is a much better look that doesn't just read as "Silver Surfer, but in clear plastic" like pretty much every other Iceman does when translated to an action figure.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Travis343 posted:

People want the classic rounded head Iceman without the icicles all over him. Which I don't understand, this is a much better look that doesn't just read as "Silver Surfer, but in clear plastic" like pretty much every other Iceman does when translated to an action figure.

Didn't they literally do this a few times in the old Toy Biz era, just make Silver Surfer and Iceman be the exact same mold?

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

Rirse posted:

Didn't they literally do this a few times in the old Toy Biz era, just make Silver Surfer and Iceman be the exact same mold?

I would have thought so, but surprisingly no.

Surfer was on the Daredevil/Deadpool body that was so popular.
http://thefwoosh.com/2016/06/toybiz-marvel-legends-series-5-silver-surfer

Iceman not so much
http://thefwoosh.com/2005/07/marvel-legends-archives-series-8/toy-biz-marvel-legends-series-8-iceman-2

They may share some parts, but overall, pretty different.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Personally I'd like to have a Iceman that is the squarish head of X-Factor/92 X-Men with a alternate AoA head and the back thingie. The head they are giving now doesn't really make anyone happy from what I have been seeing elsewhere and with this being cast out of clear colored plastic it will be hard to cast a matching replacement.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Back in the pre-Legends 5 inch Toy Biz line they were definitely the same figure.

This one reminds me of that cover where Mystique is holding him up as he's melting, which I know isn't the 'Iconic' Iceman look, but honestly the 'Iconic' Iceman look is a pretty dumb design. I guess if I gave two shits about Iceman I might have a stronger opinion but this is better to me.

e: jesus christ Legends Iceman looks loving awful

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I would love a Marvel Select Iceman that's the classic Amazing Friends '80s/early '90s version with the vaguely squarish head, and also a Firestar, to go with that great new Spectacular Spider-Man.

I always thought the first Marvel Legends Iceman had a creepy, Gollum-like face.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
First hit for "Iconic Iceman."

It could be worse.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Travis343 posted:

If they had ever, ever done what you are describing correctly I would not be complaining. But look at the existing Iceman options if you're a ML collector; they are all utter buttholes. It's either boulder shoulder toy biz nightmares or that giant set of trapezoids with a dude attached from the TRU X-men 5-pack. Hero Mashers Iceman is by far the best 6" Iceman so far, which is pretty sad.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

You guys are weirdly anal about Iceman. I have all of the Icemen and think they are all pretty decent capture of varying looks he had over the years. Many other characters have suffered far far worse tragedies. The worst Iceman is probably All-New X-Men, but only because it's done on such an out-dated buck with poor articulation. But X-Men Classics Iceman is still one of my favorites.

Rhyno posted:

All I see is a clear cast Groot.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Rhyno posted:

It could be worse.

Yeah people might see a toy of that and think Iceman was an interesting character

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I like the new icicle Iceman we're getting, it reminds of the Iceman 2 5" toy from way back when, with the lever on his back that raised and lowered his icicle hood.

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart
Didn't that figure come in a 2-pack with Human Torch?

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Plot point or no, it looks like we're getting the lego set everyone asked for, Shuma Gorath.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Great! Now I know he has a bookshelf!

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

If you can find a place that isn't pre-sold out of the X-Men wave you may want to lock in now because Hasbro just started allocating retailer orders.

This won't be like the Jubilee wave, but I expect most people won't see them til late Fall.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I thought that was a hosed up looking bank...

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Rhyno posted:

It could be worse.

Iceman should be a cool jerk who rides ice slides. I just don't understand any other Icemen. :colbert:

Also:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

therealjon_ posted:

If you can find a place that isn't pre-sold out of the X-Men wave you may want to lock in now because Hasbro just started allocating retailer orders.

This won't be like the Jubilee wave, but I expect most people won't see them til late Fall.

I was reading that case pre-orders for online retailers are insane, with second batch orders (if sites are taking them) are being kicked to August/September. To nobody's surprise, big box retail isn't bought in, likely due to the peg warmers of these past few waves, which means production is lower. They'll likely go up for a brief moment on Amazon but if they were to be restocked, it'll be months from now.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Looks like Entertainment Earth still has cases for $159.99 with free shipping, and it still says July. Rest of the shops seem to be sold through the initial stock.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Vintersorg posted:

Great! Now I know he has a bookshelf!

With a skull on it!

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

therealjon_ posted:

Looks like Entertainment Earth still has cases for $159.99 with free shipping, and it still says July. Rest of the shops seem to be sold through the initial stock.

Thanks, I'd slacked off on buying a box and was worried I was out of luck. Just snagged that. This is the first time I've ever bought a full box for a series, I feel like I just ascended through some kind of Rite of Passage. Next up: Hot Toys.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

RevKrule posted:

Plot point or no, it looks like we're getting the lego set everyone asked for, Shuma Gorath.

David Aurini Lego Set!!!!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I am not much interested in wrestling figures, but I want this figure so bad. Shame it a SDCC and Mattey exclusive.

http://thefwoosh.com/2016/06/mattel-sdcc-16-exclusive-wwe-shockmaster-revealed

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Rirse posted:

I am not much interested in wrestling figures, but I want this figure so bad. Shame it a SDCC and Mattey exclusive.

This owns, though I wish the packaging wasn't so stupid because this is a figure I would actually leave in the package.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Fish Of Doom posted:

This owns, though I wish the packaging wasn't so stupid because this is a figure I would actually leave in the package.

Yeah. I watched the video after posting, and he only fell forward, not completely upside down.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh man, sometimes dealing with Diamond is awesome. A while we got some stuff off a clearance sale and some arrived badly crushed, the toys were intact but the boxes were wrecked. Well they told us to destroy the damaged items so I just scored me a Real Action Heroes Superman for FREE!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rirse posted:

Yeah. I watched the video after posting, and he only fell forward, not completely upside down.

The package is probably supposed to be him flat on his face.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

Rirse posted:

I love this so much. I mean, I'm not going to buy it, but it is hilarious.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

ShimSham posted:

I love this so much. I mean, I'm not going to buy it, but it is hilarious.

I saw that whoever runs the NECA twitter feed was already making GBS threads on it.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

RevKrule posted:

Jefferson Twilight, The Alchemist, they're all there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Mezco's SDCC stuff went up on their website this morning. Ordered the 1:12 classic Captain America, they'll be 3 of the drat things they're selling me.