Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I hated his match against big show. It was a lot of lumbering around and some table spots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Yeah the only good parts of that match were Big Show selling his balls and the convoluted finishing sequence

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Roman won his first championship against Ambrose 1 on 1

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Roman won his first championship against Ambrose 1 on 1

didnt he win in like 5 minutes

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
It wasn't good and it was really confusing cuz there was half an hour left and it was the main

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Tournament PPVs stink

I don't know what it says that the only tournament WWF PPV I ever liked was a Vince Russo production

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

RacistGuidingLight posted:

It wasn't good and it was really confusing cuz there was half an hour left and it was the main

thankfully we had fifteen minutes of a weeping, confetti covered Roman for filler

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
That was good.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

God knows I enjoyed it thoroughly

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Oddly enough, for that short period where Sheamus had the belt. Roman was actually over... or at least as close to over as he's been in the last year and a half.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

He was over for about three hours when VKM came back and ref'd the match against Sheamus

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

That storyline with Shamus was actually quite excellent in-and-of-itself. Nobody was happy with that Cash In and were dreading Shaemus as Champion, but with Vince's help it actually felt like for once EVER the odds were ACTUALLY against Roman and it made it easy to get behind him. Throw in an Authority Figure actually getting his comeuppance so Roman could look cool and Shaemo making all their matches awesome brutal hoss-offs culminating in a TLC MATCH so there was actually some god drat proper escalation to the feud, and its no surprise that everyone was actually cheering for Roman. They played to his strengths, hid his weaknesses, told a good story, gave the badguys a thumping and everyone went home happy.

But then they decided that they had to gently caress EVERYTHING UP AT ROYAL RUMBLE because even when they do everything perfectly they can't leave well-enough alone. They could have done Triple H vs Roman at the Rumble and let everyone actually go home happy with Dean or AJ or Brock winning, but then I guess we couldn't have had "The Mania Where We Will Make Everyone So Miserable They Will Somehow Cheer For Roman." A brilliant master plan there Vince.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

That storyline will honestly always be tainted by the fact that they stooped to some pretty lovely racism just to make absolutely sure you sided with Roman.

It also didn't last and by the time the TLC match rolled around Roman was already floundering again. That match was loving dead in the water and no one cared.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Roman is a far better wrestler than Cena was when his monster push started, but his biggest drawback is that they need MAXIMUM BELLS AND WHISTLES to advance his storylines because he has zero ability to carry it himself. The obvious choice would be to let him find himself as a heel and bask in the boos, but we know how Vince is about the square peg in the round hole godddamnit.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Oh Snapple! posted:

It also didn't last and by the time the TLC match rolled around Roman was already floundering again. That match was loving dead in the water and no one cared.

Really? I remember that match starting dead but being red hot once the second half really got going, and people being on their feet cheering when Roman won on a level that was reminiscent of his Royal Rumble battle with Batista

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Sanguinia posted:

Really? I remember that match starting dead but being red hot once the second half really got going, and people being on their feet cheering when Roman won on a level that was reminiscent of his Royal Rumble battle with Batista

All I remember the crowd being dead for most of the match because of the flood of stupid "why would you pay to go to the PPV just to be silent???" posts that followed it.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

wentto my car windows are smashed and somebody left a roman reigns tshirt on the drivers seat

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

smell this posted:

wentto my car windows are smashed and somebody left a roman reigns tshirt on the drivers seat

this is it guys, this week's raw is the raw where Roman turns heel

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
No, Roman is not good.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

I completely forgot that The Rock actually helped Roman win The Royal Rumble.

only temporary
Sep 3, 2006

Corzaa posted:

I completely forgot that The Rock actually helped Roman win The Royal Rumble.

The Rock 'n' (fist)Cock Connection

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
I like that the WWE unwillingly made fans boo the Royal Rumble in 3 consecutive times.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

he's got a 92% win ratio, thats pretty good for a fake sport wrestlerman.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

How is this still a question, Roman Reigns is very very good!

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
That doesn't sound very sincere

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Its no joke! Roman Reigns is good!

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

meh

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

For four years, you have been asking: Who is Roman Reigns?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I'm serious! Roman is the best

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Roman should keep his blue contacts but only during major events and when he needs to "hulk" up at the end of the match. he rolls under the ring, slips on a super saiyan god wig and trademark blue contacts, and wins the match.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

I didn't watch wrestling yesterday, can I get a status report on Roman Reigns being good or not?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

How is this thread 7 pages long? Of course he's not good, he ain't bad neither! He just is? But no he's terrible and needs some time in NXT.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Roman makes me pine for a time when the WWE would actually back down on a push when it became obvious that the worker in question was unsuited for it.
See: Gunn, Billy and Henry, Mark (respective to his debut in the WWE/F).

VanV
May 13, 2004

Not this year.
he's okay

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I checked and I'm pretty sure that Roman Reigns is a somewhat better worker than Mark Henry in the 90s

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Ostentatious posted:

I didn't watch wrestling yesterday, can I get a status report on Roman Reigns being good or not?

Nope.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Alain Post posted:

I checked and I'm pretty sure that Roman Reigns is a somewhat better worker than Mark Henry in the 90s

Roman can't even lift dudes for his one-arm powerbomb!

GB888
Jan 28, 2004

The GB stands for "Great Boobs".
Roman seems like the kind of guy you would build a local indy promotion around, not the WWE.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
Hes a 7 pushed as a 10 so everyone thinks hes a 6.

Hes okay. Could, with humility and a work ethic, become really excellent. Currently, not so hot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Lmao Roman has been absolutely putting in the effort in main events for like a year now despite everyone in the building booing him, something which virtually any babyface in the 80s would face by scowling, putting on a lovely match, and storming off, and yet he needs a "work ethic". More racism imo.

• Locked thread