Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Excelsiortothemax posted:

The answer to why Roger can live all those lives and change instantly is that he can move really, really fast.

It was explained when he was Snots' girlfriend.

Roger gets me every time with violence. I think when he panics and murders Millionaire Matt Davis is one of his greatest.

for me it's the episode where he turns into gollum and bites Stan's finger off purely because it happened in Lord of the Rings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

TurboFlamingChicken posted:

Well here's an unpopular opinion...

Rustled your jimmies did i?

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

MariusLecter posted:

Rustled your jimmies did i?

If you mean I have an erection then yes.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

max4me posted:

To be fair the venture bros really skewes our expectation of how long this stuff takes

This post made me go back and rewatch the latest season of Venture Brothers, and now I miss it more than ever.

How dare you.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

I'm not a crazy fan art guy, but this is fun and certainly good enough to share. I'd honestly be super delighted if we got an "alternate reality drawn in different styles" episode.

DECEMBER.... That squanchin' blows, man

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Rama of Ra posted:

In others posts, what's people's opinion on Evil Morty being our Rick's first Morty? I feel like that was being telegraphed a bit.

Whoa, what?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bust Rodd posted:

I'm not a crazy fan art guy, but this is fun and certainly good enough to share. I'd honestly be super delighted if we got an "alternate reality drawn in different styles" episode.

this is great

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I would do anything for King of the Hill Rick and Morty to be a thing

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Rama of Ra posted:

In others posts, what's people's opinion on Evil Morty being our Rick's first Morty? I feel like that was being telegraphed a bit.

How was that being telegraphed? Literally nothing in any episode ever implied this to be the case.

Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008

rydiafan posted:

Demo wasn't there, sadly, so I didn't get to try it. Cryptozoic sadly has a history of buying great IPs and making garbage games out of them, but they've been getting better.

Have they been? I was going to point out the first part:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1200731/firstlast-impression

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

The_Doctor posted:

Yeah, very much so. Once it stopped trying to be Family Guy Mk.2 it became its own thing, and is far better for it. It's less random, more character based comedy. It doesn't hinge on stupid cutaways, and has a nice line in the surreal. It moved to TBS a couple oif years ago, and so far this season, it's had maybe 1-2 slightly off episodes. Everything else has been gold.

I watched a bunch of American Dad this weekend, and it's weird to have the title character be the villain in most of the episodes. The daughter and the fish are pretty cool, though.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I could honestly stand for their to be a little more of Steve Smith's cantankerous attitude in Morty. I get that he's supposed to be a basic milquetoast suburban kid, but he can be kind of a blank slate sometimes. The purge Episode and the evil cloud episode have good writing for this kinda thing, but a lot of episodes have him just loudly explain the plot up until the current point and blame Rick.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The whole second season was pretty much Morty growing a backbone while also dealing with taking a lot of poo poo. His arc was fairly complete during the Purge episode.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Feels good

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Bust Rodd posted:

I love when animated tv shows have an episode with a nonstandard animation style. If Rick and Morty did an episode like that it would probably be one of my favorites, I don't even care what the plot is about.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Is.. is that a JoJo in the bottom left? :goku:

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

FilthyImp posted:

Is.. is that a JoJo in the bottom left? :goku:

the overshading and hand pose no doubt. Rick's spot fuckin on, but morty and the dog look weird

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
It's a Jojo dog, of course it looks weird.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Bust Rodd posted:

it was missing one style

XyZeR
Apr 22, 2006
Polygon Tamer
A couple in the Belgian city of Ghent covered their building facade with REAL FAKE DOORS.

They don't even lead to nowhere, don't even worry about it.

Translated (from Dutch) newsarticle about it

XyZeR fucked around with this message at 10:25 on May 31, 2016

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

What are the styles? Clockwise I assume: Simpsons, King of the kill, spaghetti people, weird manga style (fist of the north star?), Bobs burgers, another style?

\/ Oh right adventure time, I've seen that! I like that lemonman!

Baronjutter fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Jun 1, 2016

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Adventure Time, Jojo, Gravity Falls

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Baronjutter posted:

What are the styles? Clockwise I assume: Simpsons, King of the kill, spaghetti people, weird manga style (fist of the north star?), Bobs burgers, another style?

\/ Oh right adventure time, I've seen that! I like that lemonman!

Fun Fact: Lemonman (Lemongrab) is voice by Roiland, he also does a voice or two on Gravity Falls iirc.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Brightman posted:

Fun Fact: Lemonman (Lemongrab) is voice by Roiland, he also does a voice or two on Gravity Falls iirc.

He did a bunch of the wacky commercials that Stan and others watch on TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB6MJf63-TI

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Brightman posted:

Yeah that's why I watched a bit of it. I only watched the eps he did voice work in. And boy oh boy did his voice work those episodes.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Watch the rest. Gravity Falls is two seasons of quality.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mokinokaro posted:

Watch the rest. Gravity Falls is two seasons of quality.

Gravity Falls was really good. It airs on Disney so it's definitely sort of a gumdrop version of R&M but I was actually really surprised how dark and weird they let the series finale get. poo poo definitely got real.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

kalensc posted:

He did a bunch of the wacky commercials that Stan and others watch on TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB6MJf63-TI
That reminds me a lot of the old YOU WON A HOG!!!! ad that used to run here.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Now let's see Don Hertzfeldt Rick and Morty.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
lets see some bill plympton rick and morty

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe
A while back, I ordered one of those limited-run shirts that show up in my Facebook timeline. It's Rick Sanchez and Rusty Venture relaxing and shooting the poo poo. I just got an email from them, which experience told me means that it's finally being shipped.

Except it's not.

Demand was so high that they missed their deadline of May 23rd, and they will get it to me as soon as they can.

So... hooray?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I'm a longtime [as] fan but just discovered this show. Total Rickall was the first episode I saw and :aaa:. I've seen four episodes from Season 2 and Ricksy Business so far.

At first, I thought all the friends in Total Rickall were making it a callback episode (which would've been interesting because my first episode of Squidbillies way back when was Atone Deaf, which includes a montage from previous episodes), but that's apparently not the case.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
Watch them in order you loving Jerry

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

crazy cloud posted:

Watch them in order you loving Jerry

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

im very stoked for tomorrow

JD
Jan 11, 2003

CelticPredator posted:

im very stoked for tomorrow

I'm hype for the commentary

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Im going to get hopefully as baked/drunk as they were when they made it.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

CelticPredator posted:

Im going to get hopefully as baked/drunk as they were when they made it.

What? Dude, no. Don't try to drink as much as Dan Harmon. That's not something normal humans can do. You will literally die.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Then I will ride eternal to Valhalla. Shiny and chrome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quift
May 11, 2012
Wait. There is a character arc in Rick and morty?

I just assumed every single episode took place in a new dimension and that all of the events are disconnected from any causal event chain.

Albeit I can see that the audience would try to superimpose a coherent narrative.

But you can basically watch the show in any order. Or is there any continuity that I have missed except the wedding?

The irony of the wedding being the only causal event leading to the imprisonment of the show is a neat idea.

• Locked thread