Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I am tempted to download this tomarrow now.

he kinda looks like giant mentally impaired JFK

That is my unfortunate face, your Freq will be different. Face scan on 2k16 is hosed up though, the UFC version was much closer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iwobfml_Q-g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

NESguerilla posted:

The point is that a free flash game might be better than a 60 dollar AAA game, but expectations for both games are going to be completely different. People expect a certain amount of content/ production value for a game they pay that much for, so acting like it's irrelevant because a flash game was fun is a stupid comparison.

I mean the problem here is that I shouldn't have said flash or AAA as my point still stands that time!=value and you've said yourself there are other factors in the consideration.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
sometimes I wonder if people value their time or money different than me, or maybe if they even have different taste in games. It's pretty wild.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

I'd pay $60 for Frog Fractions 2

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I think it just comes down to what people are willing to pay. Totally depends on the game. Sometimes time can equal value sometimes it doesn't. It really just depends on the expectations people have from the game.

For example Journey was short and very good and the length wasn't very controversial because of the price point. Most people would not have paid 60 dollars for a 2 hour game though, so in that case time equaled value. If a 10 hour long rpg had been released alongside the witcher 3 and the content within that 10 hours was the same quality as TW3, witcher would have been better recieved for having more content.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Maybe you already have.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Fellatio del Toro posted:

The whole derail about spec ops getting crazy praise for being so 'clever'.

That again but about frog fractions.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Didn't people say good things about Dragon's Dogma combat

Yes.

Please localize DDO, Capcom. Fuckers.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Policenaut posted:

Yes.

No matter how much you think you want that you don't. It is a shitshow.

Unless it's fundamentally changed in almost every way from about six months ago anyway.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Policenaut posted:

Yes.

That always surprised me, because didn't Dragon's Dogma sell far and away more copies in the US and EU than in Japan?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I JUST WANT MORE DRAGON'S DOGMA PLEASE CAPCOM I ALREADY BOUGHT IT ON PC AND PS3

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That always surprised me, because didn't Dragon's Dogma sell far and away more copies in the US and EU than in Japan?

Not at all, at least not in the time after it originally came out. It sold much better in Japan. Maybe it's caught up over the years thanks to word of mouth from being on ps plus and getting ported to pc, I don't know.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Sakurazuka posted:

Actually it means that's the nearest date to when it's ready. You really think Sony has no faith in a game it's obviously pumped that much money in to?

The Order: 1886 released in February

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Policenaut posted:

Do you want DD where every giant enemy is beaten the same slow, plodding way? Do you think a high speed action RPG is served well by a strict DPS/tank/support division of labor? Do you like things that are bad? That's DDO.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ometeotl posted:

The Order: 1886 released in February

video game astrology

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Policenaut posted:

I want an actual dragon's dogma game, not a f2p mmo or w/e ddo is supposed to be

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I could seriously go on and on about how bad DDO is. It makes every aspect of PSO2 look like a loving masterpiece in comparison.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I feel like the last few years were the years of "take well-liked IP and make cynical cash cow from it" with stuff like the Fable moba, Heroes of the Storm, DA:I's multiplayer, the Dragon's Dogma mmo thing, the countless HD remakes of often dubious quality, GTA Online, and MGS5.

Hoping that is swinging back around since moba projects are crashing and burning left and right like mmo's did years ago and there have been a few recent high-profile success stories of less cynically-produced games doing well like Overwatch, UC4, Doom 4, and XCOM 2.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

So how's Star Ocean 5? I heard it's short which is fine but is it better than 4 at all?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Skeezy posted:

So how's Star Ocean 5? I heard it's short which is fine but is it better than 4 at all?
It's far less awkward character and story-wise and looks really beautiful but ultimately I think I liked 3 and 4 a lot more.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Damnit, The new GGxrd unlocked and now be if the characters that weren't in the demo are in it right now :v:

Like it's dumb in General that apparently their all free dlc rather than just in the game but :lol: at the fact they probably won't be up until tomorrow afternoon

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

bloodychill posted:

I feel like the last few years were the years of "take well-liked IP and make cynical cash cow from it" with stuff like the Fable moba, Heroes of the Storm, DA:I's multiplayer, the Dragon's Dogma mmo thing, the countless HD remakes of often dubious quality, GTA Online, and MGS5.

Hoping that is swinging back around since moba projects are crashing and burning left and right like mmo's did years ago and there have been a few recent high-profile success stories of less cynically-produced games doing well like Overwatch, UC4, Doom 4, and XCOM 2.

Gta online is doing exceedingly well and it is fun when you v don't worry about buying most of the overpriced poo poo they are releasing now. MGS5 is pretty much done. It's all FOB stuff now. But with the way things are going. Micro transactions must be pretty successful since many games are including it. I'll admit that I have bought my fair share of them.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Man I forgot about metal Gear Online already. What a disappointing piece of crap that was.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Does Witcher 3 require the new DLC to get the performance improvements, or is that just part of a version patch?

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
You do not need the DLC for the patch. You need them because they are phenomenal.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Fix posted:

Does Witcher 3 require the new DLC to get the performance improvements, or is that just part of a version patch?

The patches are for everyone, the DLC is entirely optional - I can't imagine their doing it any differently, though. Paid patches is just what we need for a new market invention

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Coughing Hobo posted:

You do not need the DLC for the patch. You need them because they are phenomenal.

Sure, I get that. Just curious because I tried to get in once and the framerate and combat were really bogging me down. Totally willing to give it another shot though.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

That is my unfortunate face, your Freq will be different. Face scan on 2k16 is hosed up though, the UFC version was much closer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iwobfml_Q-g

none of this is floor humping
couldn't be farther from reality

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I bought the Jake Gyllenhal movie tie-in game for like 3 bucks in a bargin bin and still haven't played it, but it's apparently not bad.

Prince of Persia 2008 version looks very pretty and has a great soundtrack, but...yeah.
This post is ages old now but I just wanted to chime in, the "movie tie-in" isn't really one so much as a separate Sands of Time trilogy entry that was part of the movie's marketing. And on top of that, each version of the game is radically different. Sadly not many know of this. The PS3 one was a lot more combat focused and more in line with Warrior Within; the PSP one played like a classic PoP title; and the Wii version of it is just an entire separate game was supposed to be a PoP 2008 sequel, with lots of freeform platforming and little combat, but had its assets and look changed to match up with the movie/main trilogy. And you can actually die this time around.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Fix posted:

Sure, I get that. Just curious because I tried to get in once and the framerate and combat were really bogging me down. Totally willing to give it another shot though.

Combat changed very little, but I just lower the difficulty and mash square with occasional Quen and charm sign, whatever the name of that is, and that's the best solution for that particular problem. Framerate and loading times are markedly improved with the latest patch - too bad we had to wait so long for that.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

HGH posted:

This post is ages old now but I just wanted to chime in, the "movie tie-in" isn't really one so much as a separate Sands of Time trilogy entry that was part of the movie's marketing. And on top of that, each version of the game is radically different. Sadly not many know of this. The PS3 one was a lot more combat focused and more in line with Warrior Within; the PSP one played like a classic PoP title; and the Wii version of it is just an entire separate game was supposed to be a PoP 2008 sequel, with lots of freeform platforming and little combat, but had its assets and look changed to match up with the movie/main trilogy. And you can actually die this time around.

PS360 Forgotten Sands is actually my 2nd favorite PoP after Sands of Time if only because you can completely ignore 90% of the combat in the game. The superfluous upgrade tree gives a bad impression, but aside from a few boss fights there are no stupid time barriers or anything that stop you from just running past all the monsters, it's cool.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
This is kinda how I feel about long games these days :) ..........................................................(I still put 70h into DS3)

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I spent over 123 hours with both expansion quests all things considered in Witcher 3. It was a good 123 hours. It didn't feel padded to me.

Seriously the thought of spending 123 hours in any one game is just :psyboom: to me.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

MZ posted:

Seriously the thought of spending 123 hours in any one game is just :psyboom: to me.
loving Xenoblade, man.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I am probably already over that combined in my two playthroughs of Witcher 3 and I haven't even started the DLC.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

'Distracts from life' is way more important at 36

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Huh, I could have sworn I already had NBA 2K16 but I guess it must have been 15...

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

That is very interesting.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

NESguerilla posted:

Man I forgot about metal Gear Online already. What a disappointing piece of crap that was.

I really don't understand why they keep thinking people want a competitive Metal Gear multiplayer experience. You know what would have been better? Putting in a system that let you play through the campaign co-op. Even a GTAO system where they just dump you into the map and let you do whatever would have been better.

In other news, apparently there's a rumor/report from an "insider" that Bethesda is going to release a new remaster of an older game. Which basically means Skyrim since that's the only one that makes sense.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

muscles like this? posted:

In other news, apparently there's a rumor/report from an "insider" that Bethesda is going to release a new remaster of an older game. Which basically means Skyrim since that's the only one that makes sense.

It'll be Fallout 3 on their janky rear end Fallout 4 engine :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
Watch Underscore Dogs 2.0 is due out on Nov 15th, here's hoping Ubisoft fixed the problems of the first one.

• Locked thread