Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Got my house, AND a cute new dress from Hullbreaker HM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ordinaire
Sep 1, 2008

Forks in the road we're not.
I got medium house in the Mist on Gilgamesh, which is akin to saying I got struck by lightning 14 times while making this post.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Hullbreaker HM boss info- kinda. Only done 'em once so far.

1st - Easy. Several waves of adds. Tank, kill, dodge lines/circles. One add will tether to the healer.

2nd - Moderately difficult. If marked, run to one of the two pools before the long cast completes - otherwise stay out, because it at least roots and might block actions (didn't test). Floor gets iced after a while. Ice marks are likely best to drop not too spread out so that they don't cover the whole floor, but not too close so that the initial damage is stacked. Stay away from the ice blocks - they'll explode for damage + vulnerability. You'll likely hate this fight if you have to maintain any kind of short buff.

3rd - Moderately difficult, potentially lots of spike damage, fair bit of group damage. Boss seems to cleave. Knock away barrels like 1st boss of Keeper of the Lake. Stacking poison debuff can be cured by standing next to a closed chest that contains a potion - pay attention to what drops into it before it closes, since some of them contain bombs. If marked, move away from other folks and get ready to use a movement ability (DRGs can save Elusive/Spineshatter/Dragonfire, for instance) since you'll be hit with Heavy and a small AoE that can't be escaped with regular movement. Might be able to be removed with Esuna/etc.? Not sure, wasn't playing healer.

Falcon24
Sep 9, 2004
My FC was upgrading from a small in the Goblet and we snagged plot 6, ward 11 in the Mist (Sarg). And I was lucky enough to grab plot 7 right behind them as a personal house. Really lucky it all worked out because we've basically been planning this for a long time. I feel really bad for the people who got screwed by server issues or high pop though (rip Balmung).

HelloPlatypus
Apr 2, 2010

GIRL
SHE'S A GIRL
OBVIOUSLY JUST LOOK AT HER
Weeping City of Mhach is going to be hell on earth with pubs, but is nonetheless glorious.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
My FC got a mansion! Hooray! Also I'm new to the game (as of about a month ago) and housing confuses me and what the hell are they thinking opening up housing once in a blue moon on a workday? Is there a reason they don't just open new wards as old ones fill?

I mean as a new player there's no way in hell I could afford personal housing anyway so I should be glad my FC got to upgrade but it still seems a bit daft?

isk
Oct 3, 2007

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

My FC got a mansion! Hooray! Also I'm new to the game (as of about a month ago) and housing confuses me and what the hell are they thinking opening up housing once in a blue moon on a workday? Is there a reason they don't just open new wards as old ones fill?

Server stability/resources/storage. Also, it does work out better for the folks who can log in. A weekend release would be full of crashing.

The whole system is discouraging as poo poo, don't get me wrong.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
Highlight of the patch so far (Mhach spoilers: Mega Death)

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Got as far as Ozma but then the alliance broke down and started fighting each other instead of the boss. They were really unable to handle the meteor mechanic.

The raid is really fun, though.

Saigyouji posted:

Highlight of the patch so far (Mhach spoilers: Mega Death)

I loved it. There's a lot of nice mechanics in this raid, but it's also no push over for a casual raid.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Ozma is some serious mechanics vomit that might be pushing it too far for the 24 man DF scene, but we'll see.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Glad I opted for the MSQ before work rather than trying to squeeze in a Mhach, the story dungeon is beautiful and has fun mechanics, the scenes leading up to the final battle are pretty cool too. Looking forward to the final battle hopefully this evening.

I got the tank helm and pants from my dungeon run, not sure if I'll like that set but I want to collect it anyways.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Yes!

Axle_Stukov posted:

Ozma is some serious mechanics vomit that might be pushing it too far for the 24 man DF scene, but we'll see.

I really did like the middle phase though. It was a fun little thing, and the transition is great.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Axle_Stukov posted:

Well I'll be damned, he's living up to his reputation from FFIX then. :v:

Meanwhile, I've yet to do content because I spent a few hours fiddling with this:

Lavender Ward 10, plot 59. Hell yeah. (I was literally racing another poor schmuck to get to it, and Tihsa beat me to 29 in the first place. :v: )

From the sound of things ingame though, I should do the MSQ first. All the content this time around sounds aces.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I'm gonna be playing The Sims for some days.

Also my ward is almost entirely made of stone houses. All except one.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

SpaceDrake posted:

From the sound of things ingame though, I should do the MSQ first. All the content this time around sounds aces.

They've really done a much better job with the MSQ in 3.X, it feels so much like a regular FF game sometimes and it's great.

I've always enjoyed the odd number patches since they're a bit more relaxed (no mad dash for new tomes) I always feel like I can take the first few days to really enjoy the content.

Edit: I really wish DGKK would move to the beach, but I'm poor and can't really help do that so I won't complain.

Irae
Nov 19, 2011
2 hours into the patch every single plot on Excalibur was already gone, even the 50M ones. Yes, it's a pretty good system.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Irae posted:

2 hours into the patch every single plot on Excalibur was already gone, even the 50M ones. Yes, it's a pretty good system.

My lavender beds subdivision was all occupied about 5 minutes after downtime ended. I manged to snag a house like 10m away from the MB, luckily, but holy poo poo there's not enough houses on excalibur.

Irae
Nov 19, 2011
In the end it's not the biggest deal, but I don't think it's a good idea locking any kind of gameplay, even if inconsequential like gardening and decorating, behind the requirement of me not having a job.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Irae posted:

In the end it's not the biggest deal, but I don't think it's a good idea locking any kind of gameplay, even if inconsequential like gardening and decorating, behind the requirement of me not having a job.

You can do that in your private chambers though.

Irae
Nov 19, 2011
Some results will be locked out due to crossbreeding not being available on flowerpots. Again, who cares in the end, but so far that's the only solo activity in the game with these requirements, and I'd like to try it eventually.

mallamp
Nov 25, 2009

unseenlibrarian posted:

TBF the 2.0 chapters for hildibrand were just 4 quests each patch, so they went pretty quickly then, too when you don't get them all at once and mainline hildy into your veins.

I don't mind the length so much since FFXIV's idea of additional length is usually teleport to other side of the world, then there, then come back, but the originals were just more fun... New one was yet another 30 minutes of meh. I'm not even doing next one until it's confirmed good

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Irae posted:

The 50m ones were gone instantaneously, long before the other tiers. They were gone in about 1 minute from the server start.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Is there a site that has photos of housing glamours? I have no idea how to decorate my house now.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Axle_Stukov posted:

We left this morning because everyone's gear broke, but the noises Ozma makes are so good I don't mind.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Here's your new Anima requirements:

http://m.imgur.com/a/k2rRz

Welcome to hell.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Liver Disaster posted:

We left this morning because everyone's gear broke, but the noises Ozma makes are so good I don't mind.

Everyone's gear broke? What kind of scrub doesn't take a stack of dark matter with them when they enter a new instance. :v:

Kaebora
Jul 12, 2006

Be careful of forgetfulness. Your lucky color is...blue?

seiferguy posted:

Welcome to hell.

That's not so bad. Nice mix of things to get, literally from just about everything in the game from levequests to desynth to crafting to poetics.Cut the numbers in those screenshots by six - for everything but the first one, the dude was wanting to buy six sands, not one. Each sand + eso material gets you at least 3 points for the relic as well. It's much better than the 2.x relic in the variety, I think.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

seiferguy posted:

Welcome to hell.
I literally have all the sand I need already??

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Kwyndig posted:

Everyone's gear broke? What kind of scrub doesn't take a stack of dark matter with them when they enter a new instance. :v:

I'm sure theres some sort of completely ridiculous legacy technical reason for it but its silly that you can't repair other people's equipment.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Yeah, I'm pretty happy with this anima step to be honest. I had 4 sands straight off the bat fron saved poe, vilekin are easy to get and you only need 1 per, and you can even use scrips.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Has anyone figured out where you get the Ink Long Dry scroll yet? I assumed it'd drop a faded scroll in Gubal Library, but apparently there isn't a crafting recipe for it, so either it drops a regular non-faded scroll, or you get it somewhere else.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Saigyouji posted:

Yeah, I'm pretty happy with this anima step to be honest. I had 4 sands straight off the bat fron saved poe, vilekin are easy to get and you only need 1 per, and you can even use scrips.

Whats the best way to farm the vilekin? Large scale or regular leves? And it has to be combat ones, right?

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

vilekins come from the treasure chests in levequests

so you launch the leve, look for the chest, open it or find nothing, abandon

repeat this 100 times

isk
Oct 3, 2007

General tips for Final Steps -

-Heal-intensive
-Some movement, but no new mechanics
-Akh Morn in the final phase, but it's not cast on the tank. Stack on the marker/heal through it
-Vital that Tanks know how to point mobs away from the raid

That last one is beyond basic, but if my run just now was an indication, it's not the most realistic expectation.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

hobbesmaster posted:

You can do that in your private chambers though.

You can garden in private chambers? Not just useless flowers, but actual items?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Maybe I'm crazy but it seems blue scrips crafting / gathering is the fastest way to get sand if you can realibly craft blue scrip stuff?

I'll probably mix everything up. I suppose they've given a reason to run leves again.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Verranicus posted:

You can garden in private chambers? Not just useless flowers, but actual items?

As of 3am PDT this morning, yes.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I have been playing Overwatch pretty much entirely since it launched but I will play this game today after work.

Also holy poo poo dem BRD buffs :getin:

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
yeah i mean you can literally just fish for the crystal sand, it's not bad at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

seiferguy posted:

Maybe I'm crazy but it seems blue scrips crafting / gathering is the fastest way to get sand if you can realibly craft blue scrip stuff?

I'll probably mix everything up. I suppose they've given a reason to run leves again.

Desynth is probably faster if you have it high enough.

Leves will get you about 15 sands if you have 100 allowances, but that's obviously less repeatable.

• Locked thread