Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Hahahaha, I literally quit playing LoL after 2 years because of "Dyanmic Queue". It sounds good in theory but it mostly means that if you go solo you'll just be with 5 other solo people against a 5 stack+1 rando.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

why does d.va even have a headshot hitbox in mech form, it doesn't make sense and removing it would be a simple buff they could do

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Hahahaha, I literally quit playing LoL after 2 years because of "Dyanmic Queue". It sounds good in theory but it mostly means that if you go solo you'll just be with 5 other solo people against a 5 stack+1 rando.

Depends on the company and their matchmaking algorithm, as I said before I played a lot of DOTA and rarely ran into anything higher than two or maybe three stacks.

Also League has no way of plainly showing that people are stacking so the perception is skewed.

Lady Naga fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Jun 7, 2016

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

wait 20% of overwatch's playerbase can't play the game on 60 tick? how does that even happen

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Minorkos posted:

wait 20% of overwatch's playerbase can't play the game on 60 tick? how does that even happen

yeah that entire quote is very, very strange

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
My favourite part is how he talks about only 0.08% of the playerbase is using custom 60hz servers like the custom server and quickplay experience are, in any way at all, comparable.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Dr. Capco posted:

It's quite funny when people 1 by 1 run into a tiny enclosed space that has 3 Symmetra turrets in it then you just put your lil' beam on them and they chain feed themselves to death.

I just got POTG for doing this

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

They actually think the stun-instakill gameplay of McCree is Good™ and they even go as far as to say they love it?

And they want him to be able to instakill every hero except the tanks once every 10 seconds? :smith:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Tales of Woe posted:

why does d.va even have a headshot hitbox in mech form, it doesn't make sense and removing it would be a simple buff they could do

Bullet holes on her face shield make it harder to see, reducing survivability.

Mr. Mojangles
Dec 15, 2005

^^ new ability, windshield wipers with 10 sec cooldown. ^^

Only 0.08% of games are custom games with 60hz? Why I'd never think most people would play quick play to get XP and cosmetics when there's a superior option :downs:

RE: dynamic queue, if anything, a game with this one's playerbase can really afford multiple queues for competitive matchmaking.
Don't be Counter Strike, Overwatch.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Your Computer posted:

They actually think the stun-instakill gameplay of McCree is Good™ and they even go as far as to say they love it?

And they want him to be able to instakill every hero except the tanks once every 10 seconds? :smith:

If McCree isn't able to delete Tracer, then Tracer becomes a problem and everyone complains about her and wants her nerfed, which means McCree becomes strong again and everyone wants him nerfed, So then Tracer becomes a problem and...

Mr. Mojangles posted:

Only 0.08% of games are custom games with 60hz? Why I'd never think most people would play quick play to get XP and cosmetics when there's a superior option :downs:

RE: dynamic queue, if anything, a game with this one's playerbase can really afford multiple queues for competitive matchmaking.
Splitting a playerbase is never a good idea. Theoretically if companies just use dynamic queue then they can tweak the matchmaking formula until it's almost indistinguishable from soloqueue for soloqueue players as well.

Lady Naga fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Jun 7, 2016

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Lady Naga posted:

If McCree isn't able to delete Tracer, then Tracer becomes a problem and everyone complains about her and wants her nerfed, which means McCree becomes strong again and everyone wants him nerfed, So then Tracer becomes a problem and...

Yeah, they designed themselves into a corner with that one.

Still, you could remove FTH altogether and he would still delete Tracers (and leave medium health heroes and tanks alone). It would just take a lined up headshot, much like Mei already does. They could also nerf his insane ability to hitscan large distances for huge damage, which is another reason why everyone's playing him. McCree is kinda dumb.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Your Computer posted:

Yeah, they designed themselves into a corner with that one.

Still, you could remove FTH altogether and he would still delete Tracers (and leave medium health heroes and tanks alone). It would just take a lined up headshot, much like Mei already does. They could also nerf his insane ability to hitscan large distances for huge damage, which is another reason why everyone's playing him. McCree is kinda dumb.

e: nvm, read the wrong number

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
The matchmaking in this game is pretty good, everyone I've talked to has around a 50% win rate. It's not like most games where rolling with Goons means you'll crush trash pubby teams forever.

Mr. Mojangles posted:

It literally doesn't work for most people and you'll just crash out.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Lady Naga posted:

e: nvm, read the wrong number

Since the Flashbang deals damage, a Flashbang+headshot would be a much more interesting way of dealing with Tracers and Genjis (STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM! *bang*). :sigh:
e: maybe not Genji but he can't disappear like Tracer anyway so he could still shoot him I guess

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The other issue is that it's both a console and PC game. A lot of the problems, besides McCree, aren't nearly as big on console and a lot of the fixes would make the characters terrible on console.

They should probably be balanced separately but I doubt that happens.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

The other issue is that it's both a console and PC game. A lot of the problems, besides McCree, aren't nearly as big on console and a lot of the fixes would make the characters terrible on console.

I'm pretty sure they've already said that they're balancing PC and console separately.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

If tanks have a chance to retaliate against McCree then he's not going to be as stupidly strong as he is now. The problem isn't that he deletes Tracers but that characters who you'd think would stack up favorably against him (Winston, Reinhardt) also get erased by fan. If he can't singlehandedly kill pushes like he does now then his role on teams will be more refined.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Edit: Oh, god damnit. How the hell do I get a quote isn't edit situation when there's 270 pages in between?

Onean fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Jun 7, 2016

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Your Computer posted:

Since the Flashbang deals damage, a Flashbang+headshot would be a much more interesting way of dealing with Tracers and Genjis (STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM! *bang*). :sigh:
e: maybe not Genji but he can't disappear like Tracer anyway so he could still shoot him I guess

you realize what Genji's E does right

like if McCree doesn't kill a Genji by the time the stun wears off he's hosed

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Tequila Sunrise posted:

I feel like in OW the built in voice chat will make a huge difference. In league there is a 0% chance of you hearing the voice comms from the 4stack, but here you will at least have the possibility of hearing voice comms and be able to interact more easily with the 5stack. If it's solos v 5+1, at least the 6 randos will be able to voice comm in game

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Please add my DPS/armour reduction chart to the OP so I can feel good about myself.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Mr. Mojangles posted:

I tried setting up a 60hz custom game but it didn't work, as in the server just didn't work rather than my connection to it failing. I heard that they literally didn't have the servers set up, and if so no loving wonder nobody's using it.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Orange Crush Rush posted:

you realize what Genji's E does right

like if McCree doesn't kill a Genji by the time the stun wears off he's hosed

reflect that flashbang and gently caress him up.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Tequila Sunrise posted:

This hasn't been a problem in Heroes of the Storm, a game with a much smaller playerbase. The majority of the matches are either 4+1, 3+2, 3+1+1 or full 5v5.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Replace the flashbang with an old timey stick of dynamite, problem solved

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Kashuno posted:

reflect that flashbang and gently caress him up.

That article specifially mentioned the Flash/Fan combo countering Genji, along Reaper and Tracer so let's assume the flashbang hit Genji.

The fact that he mentioned those three tells me they see McCree as kind of an Anti-Flanker, which is fine but the problem is right now he is Anti-Everything because he can shred tanks as well.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Help Im Alive posted:

Replace the flashbang with an old timey stick of dynamite, problem solved

McCree isn't a real cowboy so it has to be laser dynamite.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Yeah as long as Mccree doesn't decimate me as Winston anymore then I'll be happy. It'll still annoy me to get flashbanged + fan the hammer as Reaper or Genji but I get that he needs something to make up for the fact that he lacks any sort of teleport or wall-climb.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

A McCree who can no longer one-shot Winston pathetically getting aped to death because he has no mobility and blew his only roll to use fan will be among the most enjoyable things to see in all of Overwatch.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Lady Naga posted:

Please add my DPS/armour reduction chart to the OP so I can feel good about myself.

I hadn't seen that. It's there now under the health types question.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Orange Crush Rush posted:

That article specifially mentioned the Flash/Fan combo countering Genji, along Reaper and Tracer so let's assume the flashbang hit Genji.

The fact that he mentioned those three tells me they see McCree as kind of an Anti-Flanker, which is fine but the problem is right now he is Anti-Everything because he can shred tanks as well.

I think they've pretty explicitly stated that he's an anti-flanker, but like you say he's anti-everything right now including tanks. It sounds like they want to change him to no longer instant-kill tanks, but he'll still kill Tracer, Genji, Reaper, Junkrat, Pharah, Soldier: 76, Bastion, Hanzo, Mei, Torbjörn, Widowmaker, Lúcio, Mercy, Symmetra and Zenyatta (and let's face it, D.Va) guaranteed with no chance of retaliation if he gets the drop on them. Once every 10 seconds. I think that's dumb.

Of course, the changes haven't actually been done yet so who knows what'll actually happen.

TheBuckmister
Oct 18, 2008
Reflecting the flashbang is actually the Wrong Move most of the time because the stun doesn't last long enough for Genji to kill Mccree and then your e is down for the hail of bullets. It's best to dodge the flashbang and then e the fan if you can.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

TheBuckmister posted:

Reflecting the flashbang is actually the Wrong Move most of the time because the stun doesn't last long enough for Genji to kill Mccree and then your e is down for the hail of bullets. It's best to dodge the flashbang and then e the fan if you can.

Reflecting the flashbang is fine because if you're point blank against McCree as Genji then you've already hosed up. You should use the time when he's stunned to get the hell out of there. Throw stars at him from a distance until he's low enough to kill with a dash. No risk involved.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Your Computer posted:

I think they've pretty explicitly stated that he's an anti-flanker, but like you say he's anti-everything right now including tanks. It sounds like they want to change him to no longer instant-kill tanks, but he'll still kill Tracer, Genji, Reaper, Junkrat, Pharah, Soldier: 76, Bastion, Hanzo, Mei, Torbjörn, Widowmaker, Lúcio, Mercy, Symmetra and Zenyatta (and let's face it, D.Va) guaranteed with no chance of retaliation if he gets the drop on them. Once every 10 seconds. I think that's dumb.

Of course, the changes haven't actually been done yet so who knows what'll actually happen.

And Zarya. His fan hits for 420 damage if all hits connect, Zarya has 400 hp :(

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Edmond Dantes posted:

And Zarya. His fan hits for 420 damage

Nice.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Zenyatta Mercy Zarya combo was fun with my friends last night. Zenyatta discording an enemy, Mercy damage boosting a fully charged Zarya. Healing orb on Mercy. My friend was somehow perfect with shielding Zenyatta as a Widowmaker was trying to snipe him. Then again, we're bads playing against bads. I'm sure that our group could've been disrupted really easily, but the team was content to run at us one at a time, so we were shredding.

Also, having a Torbjorn and Symmetra on your team as Zenyatta is a godsend for that sweet sweet armor and extra shield.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
No mention of his fan roll fan either :doh:

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Aphrodite posted:

https://gfycat.com/QuerulousPlaintiveBlackfootedferret

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I know this is a controversial opinion itt right now, but I think that McCree should still be able to kill dudes after fan is nerfed.