Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
We'll decorate the whole house with mums!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Don't give me those Manson lamps!

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
gently caress YOU, SANTA!

So I'm watching Pine Barrens and in the beginning, Gloria gets on The Stugots and answers a ringing phone. How the gently caress do you have a landline on a boat?

TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax

Bonzo posted:

gently caress YOU, SANTA!

So I'm watching Pine Barrens and in the beginning, Gloria gets on The Stugots and answers a ringing phone. How the gently caress do you have a landline on a boat?

Some marine leased or rented dock space has a Hubbell cable that you can connect to the boat to provide power/telephone/cable.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Who was calling? Was it Irina drunk dialing? And Tony said it was his kid's principal? That's a hilarious excuse. As if the phone number the school would have on record would be the boat phone.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Kevyn posted:

Who was calling? Was it Irina drunk dialing? And Tony said it was his kid's principal?

Yes. And stop getting cunty.

edit: Why is Slava, a Russian, drinking Grey Goose (French) vodka?

Bonzo fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jun 3, 2016

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Bonzo posted:

Because she can afford it. Most Russian vodka is mildly poisonous.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Ugh, I'm running through season 3 and Mrs. Bompensero working at the supermarket giving out samples will never not be heartbreaking. :smith:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Chromatic posted:

Ugh, I'm running through season 3 and Mrs. Bompensero working at the supermarket giving out samples will never not be heartbreaking. :smith:

Yeah but once she gets in Tony's good graces again she ends up fine.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Chromatic posted:

I dont wanna hear about him ever again. Or his ungrateful oval office wife.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

zVxTeflon posted:

I loved that whole sequence. Smash car, threaten Angie, pet dog, smash car, leave.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

I'm reasonably sure that the 2 best "ohhh!"s on the show are a tie between Silvio getting called a cocksucker by Paulie and Paulie's reaction to Pussy throwing the ashtray at Christopher.

https://youtu.be/QCQnWFg5s6g?t=60

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

bobkatt013 posted:

Yeah but once she gets in Tony's good graces again she ends up fine.

I love that little exchange between Rosalie and Carmela once Angie gets her life together and basically becomes another part of the family making money from shylocking in addition to the garage. I don't remember which episode it came from, can anyone throw an assist here?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

hi liter posted:

I love that little exchange between Rosalie and Carmela once Angie gets her life together and basically becomes another part of the family making money from shylocking in addition to the garage. I don't remember which episode it came from, can anyone throw an assist here?

Think it's Moe n Joe

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

zVxTeflon posted:

His what wife?

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

Bonzo posted:

We all know Armagnac is the next vodka anyway.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

hi liter posted:

It's "Members Only" the first episode of the sixth season. Carmela spends a good amount of the episode showing off the new Porsche that Tony bought her, even rubbing it in Ginny Sack's face while Johnny was in prison. She tries to do the same with Angie only to find out that Angie had bought a Corvette by herself in cash.

kippa
Aug 10, 2005

Fry, it's been three days. You can't keep boogie-ing like this. You'll come down with a fever of some sort.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

It's "Members Only" the first episode of the sixth season. Carmela spends a good amount of the episode showing off the new Porsche that Tony bought her, even rubbing it in Ginny Sack's face while Johnny was in prison. She tries to do the same with Angie only to find out that Angie had bought a Corvette by herself in cash.

Cayenne, like the pepper!

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

I don't understand. When i was a kid, you two were old ladies. Now I'm old and you two are still old.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
What's different about you?

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Hasidim but I don't believe 'em!

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

What's different about you?

Poppers and weird sex!

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

I thought we were Nobboly-Dobboly something.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Wait...who's Doctor Faggo?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

That church is still standing..you know why?

....the bricks?

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Wait...who's Doctor Faggo?

He's a faaaaaaag

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Jenny Sac had a 95 pound mole surgically taken off her rear end

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Bonzo posted:

Jenny Sac had a 95 pound mole surgically taken off her rear end

"What's next a million dollars he can gently caress her!?"

"He wants to gently caress her?"

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

She's so fat, when she goes camping, the bears hide THEIR food.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

So let's say Tony did die at the end. Who would take over? The survivors are Paulie, Little Paulie, Patsy, his son, and Benny. Since Junior and Tony are out would New York just absorb the remaining capos and soldiers?

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live

Bonzo posted:

So let's say Tony did die at the end. Who would take over? The survivors are Paulie, Little Paulie, Patsy, his son, and Benny. Since Junior and Tony are out would New York just absorb the remaining capos and soldiers?

There's no way in hell Paulie would let anyone step over him.

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010
Sil wasn't dead yet right?

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live

kenny powerzzz posted:

Sil wasn't dead yet right?

Sil wasn't dead, but he was in a coma that he might never recover from. Not that I could imagine Paulie taking his say so with Tony dead even if Sil were healthy. Paulie as an underboss and Sil as a consigliere were functionally of even rank.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

Suxpool posted:

There's no way in hell Paulie would let anyone step over him.

The fundamental question is, will Paulie be as effective as a boss like Tony was? And he will be, even more so? But until he is, it's going to be hard to verify that I think Paulie will be more effective.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Chromatic posted:

The fundamental question is, will Paulie be as effective as a boss like Tony was? And he will be, even more so? But until he is, it's going to be hard to verify that I think Paulie will be more effective.

:golfclap:

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

Chromatic posted:

But until he is, it's going to be hard to verify that I think Paulie will be more effective.
I'll be prostate with grief if Paulie doesn't get the big chair.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
I had something like 400 posts to read since I last popped into TV/IV after 20 minutes of reading quotes and whatnot, here I am on my 4th rewatch. Just started "From Where to Eternity." Someone had mentioned how slapstick season 1 is but it's something that runs through out. Matt and Sean are the obvious choices in season 2. But think about Tony B getting his foot run over or Paulie and Chris killing that waiter. It goes along w AJ's intro to philosophy in season 2 about the absurdity of life. Carm and Tony yell at him but there's instance after instance where it's true. To malaprop like the best of them, "life is stranger than fiction."

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Matthew Bevilacqua Drinkwater?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Don't you listen to the President? We're gonna mop the floor with the whole fuckin' world, the whole world's gonna be under our control, so what are you worried about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kippa
Aug 10, 2005

Fry, it's been three days. You can't keep boogie-ing like this. You'll come down with a fever of some sort.

She's got diarrhea.

• Locked thread