Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Erik trying to do interviews in a dog park and getting chased by a dog is hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

The Senator Giroux posted:

You're gonna have to be more specific when it comes to Gemberling defending beastiality.

On the latest High and Mighty, he attacks Real Doll sex toy makers who refuse to make child versions because it would help people attracted with children take out their urges.

I see his point and don't necessarily disagree with him, but Gemberling definitely has waaaaay more than one gross opinion.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOJzoWRINNQ&t=2749s

Here is the beastiality debate on youtube for anyone curious. What a great cast! Wish they still recorded their shows :'(

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Its amazing that they got lucky with two of their best episodes, that and the rainbow party one, got videos of tho

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

PBS Newshour posted:

Its amazing that they got lucky with two of their best episodes, that and the rainbow party one, got videos of tho

Agreed! I found the ep if anyone is interested. It's also the first time the trumpet guy is discussed on the show! I timestamped it right between the two segments of trumpet guy and Eric the Intern. If no one has seen these before, you really should. All the vpn i4h's are pretty kewl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe-V-ztn_5s&t=2356s

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Pot Of Shoe posted:

It's not that I think it's assured, it's just a fact that it is all but assured, my personal opinion on the matter doesn't really affect anything. And the debate topic was decided by the forums guy anyway, he chose his position so take it up with him I guess. Also, the debate wasn't about if he will concede but when he will concede which is tedious at best and boring at worst.

Anyway, ready for a really unpopular opinion? I love the music eps and I think they spark the best improv on the show.

That's not what happened at all, the topic wasn't decided by the guy calling him out. Presumably Besser chose the topic of debate: "should Bernie now unite to fight with Hillary against Trump".
http://forum.earwolf.com/topic/34144-matt-besser-i-am-calling-you-out/

I too enjoy the music episodes, though I don't know if they produce the best improv. I can say with certainty that youtube videos produce the worst improv bits though.

Not Operator posted:

It was back during the video podcast network days, and my only clear memory of it is an uncomfortable Lauren Lapkus side-staring at the camera like she's doing a guest spot on The Office.

The latest High and Mighty had John Gemberling discussing the concept of child gently caress dolls for pedophiles... topic of the episode? video games!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

ElCondemn posted:

The latest High and Mighty had John Gemberling discussing the concept of child gently caress dolls for pedophiles... topic of the episode? video games!

Gemberling then went on to say he's bored with canned death animations and he wants developers to focus on "musculature and circulatory systems and stuff" for characters so in a future GTA he could shoot someone in the gut and watch them slowly bleed out.

I dunno about this guy.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Alright, well, you've convinced me. I'm going to listen to an episode of High and Mighty. Gemberling genuinely fascinates me with how hosed up he can be sometimes.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

On the latest High and Mighty, he attacks Real Doll sex toy makers who refuse to make child versions because it would help people attracted with children take out their urges.
"Attacks" is a pretty strong word for something that came out in a discussion between two stoned jerks sipping on soylent who were discussing how the combined smells of poo poo and weed are a huge part of Gabrus' life five minutes earlier.

JethroMcB posted:

Gemberling then went on to say he's bored with canned death animations and he wants developers to focus on "musculature and circulatory systems and stuff" for characters so in a future GTA he could shoot someone in the gut and watch them slowly bleed out.
Also this was less about wanting to shoot a person in the dick realistically and more about "what's a thing you'd love to see in video games?" and Gemberling saying he'd like to see Rockstar put the same amount of detail and attention into character animations as they do into the other physics parts of the game.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

ElCondemn posted:

That's not what happened at all, the topic wasn't decided by the guy calling him out. Presumably Besser chose the topic of debate: "should Bernie now unite to fight with Hillary against Trump".
http://forum.earwolf.com/topic/34144-matt-besser-i-am-calling-you-out/

Yeah, upon listening to the episode it seems like a topic they agreed on ahead of time. In that thread there is a post made by an intern(?) giving details on how to join in the debate with the topic already determined as "should Bernie now unite to fight with Hillary against Trump". It seems to be like there was some behind the scenes discussion with the OP about what would be a clear subject to debate rather than "SAnders rules and Clinton drools". In his original post it seems a very general mad Bernbro calling out our lord and saviour Besser with no true focus on what ought to be debated. The Bernie supporter agreed to his starting position at the beginning of the debate which, I agree, is a weak position. I was just trying to clear up the topic of the debate, but in all honestly I don't really care about this boring segment of a pretty boring ep. Please let us just be friends and maybe talk about Hollywood Playbook instead?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Pot Of Shoe posted:

Please let us just be friends and maybe talk about Hollywood Playbook instead?

I'm still thinking about Bread Chriswick + George Bush's barbed penis

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Illinois Smith posted:

"Attacks" is a pretty strong word for something that came out in a discussion between two stoned jerks sipping on soylent who were discussing how the combined smells of poo poo and weed are a huge part of Gabrus' life five minutes earlier.

Fine. He DESTROYED them.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
My favorite bit of Gemberling's bestiality defense was the "rich history" argument where he pointed at old japanese paintings of a woman shoving eels in her snatch as a justification for loving your dog.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Drunkboxer posted:

My favorite bit of Gemberling's bestiality defense was the "rich history" argument where he pointed at old japanese paintings of a woman shoving eels in her snatch as a justification for loving your dog.

he never defended anally raping dogs. his whole thing is if a dog wants to gently caress you and youre fine with it, then by all means

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
but thats how debates are supposed to work. you have to pick a side and argue for it, never mind your personal opinion. the problem with case closed is that one side is always afraid of saying something that will make them look stupid and carefully tiptoes around good but controversial arguments

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I love how even when he is at his most passionate Gemberling still has the tiniest of tinge of not sounding committed to any of this.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

PBS Newshour posted:

even when he is at his most passionate
When is that? I never got the impression that he gives much of a poo poo about any of this stuff, more like he says 90% of it because he likes to laugh at outraged message board posts.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Illinois Smith posted:

When is that? I never got the impression that he gives much of a poo poo about any of this stuff, more like he says 90% of it because he likes to laugh at outraged message board posts.

how dare you, gembrling is one of the most passionate men in comedy

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

this loving show

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Well? Are they? (kinda)

Is that Tim Meadows daughter? I'll just bing Google.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
I mean they were inducted in the rock n roll hall of fame recently so I guess its a relevant question

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

Yo is this rock n roll?

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

Yo is Subterranean Homesick Blues rap?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Booom booomm baaaah booom baaaah booom

Yo yo yo it's me Andrew T and the Beatles invented rap music in the walrus song.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
It's really surprising that Brett isn't an official HH cast member by this point. It would be a totally different show without him.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
Brett's already getting that sweet sweet lead engineer skrilla. You seriously want the boys to have to split their casper mattress doseph?

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

He's integral to both HH and Who Charted that it's weird to think of those shows without him.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
We all joke about Yo Is this racist but the real loving question is who is listening to Question of the Day? Like, I forget that its even on the earwolf network except when I see it on the frontpage on the day it comes out and there are literally zero comments ever on any episode. I would love to know the listen count through all channels on that show.

E: Just looked at soundcloud and I guess they do get a poo poo ton of listens.... weird.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

I hope sean and hayes will one day create a podcast as great as question of the day.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I am guessing that Question of the Day's listenership is comprised entirely of people who post earnestly about #innovation and #startupculture on social media.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Freakonomics sold a ton of copies, enough for the question of the day guys to have audience drawing power.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

piratepilates posted:

Freakonomics sold a ton of copies, enough for the question of the day guys to have audience drawing power.

At the same time NPR's Freakonomics radio is way way better than question of the day.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I've had Howl for a week now and love it (whoever says there's not enough content is loving nuts) but the interface is confusing. Is there a way to subscribe to podcasts and have them download automatically like the basic iphone app? Like for The Layman, I just favorited the show so I know exactly where to go to manually download a new episode.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

I've had Howl for a week now and love it (whoever says there's not enough content is loving nuts) but the interface is confusing. Is there a way to subscribe to podcasts and have them download automatically like the basic iphone app? Like for The Layman, I just favorited the show so I know exactly where to go to manually download a new episode.

I just assumed that Howl was an online interface only and there was no downloading. Besides looking at the code and finding the mp3 and downloading that.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

https://howl-rss.128.io/
here's a good tool some guy made, it gives you RSS feeds you can put into your usual podcast app and download them all like any other podcast.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Nope, it's garbage. They wrote the app as if it's job were to advertise shows and list them. They should have written the app as though it's job were to listen to podcasts.

I'm only using the android version so I can't speak to the ios version, but here are the main problems I have.

1) No way to create a playlist
2) no way to subscribe, so you can never tell when new episodes appear
3) no way to reorder the list, everything is bottom up as if they expect you to listen to everything in reverse order
4) no way to use a third party player
5) random crashes
6) not a super important feature for most, but for me I would like it to keep track of what I'm listening to between devices. I should be able to listen on the website and switch to my phone and it should keep track of what I've listened to and how much I've listened to.

Greggy posted:

https://howl-rss.128.io/
here's a good tool some guy made, it gives you RSS feeds you can put into your usual podcast app and download them all like any other podcast.

This doesn't seem to work with feedly, which is what I use to sync with beyondpod.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

ElCondemn posted:

Nope, it's garbage. They wrote the app as if it's job were to advertise shows and list them. They should have written the app as though it's job were to listen to podcasts.

I'm only using the android version so I can't speak to the ios version, but here are the main problems I have.

1) No way to create a playlist
2) no way to subscribe, so you can never tell when new episodes appear
3) no way to reorder the list, everything is bottom up as if they expect you to listen to everything in reverse order
4) no way to use a third party player
5) random crashes
6) not a super important feature for most, but for me I would like it to keep track of what I'm listening to between devices. I should be able to listen on the website and switch to my phone and it should keep track of what I've listened to and how much I've listened to.

This doesn't seem to work with feedly, which is what I use to sync with beyondpod.

iPhone version has playlists and let's you rearrange by newest, oldest, unplayed, played, and downloaded.

kidsam
Aug 12, 2007

YES
Heads up for anyone who used a one month trial code to burn through the live cbb eps or whatever.
My credit card was just charged for another months subscription despite obsessively going through the process on the app and the desktop howl website to make sure that all boxes were unticked and it wouldn't renew.

years ago I realized I was making monthly xbox live renewals after the console red ringed so I've always been autistically careful with this stuff since but I guess I should've emailed scripps personally too

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Just email customer service. They'll give you your $4 back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidsam
Aug 12, 2007

YES
will do, I know $5 is hardly a huge hit to take but it's just cool that it's been close to a year now and howl is still very much a work in progress.