Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LazyDivey
Jun 18, 2004

Orange crush momma is a laugh laugh laugh.

This post is a work of art. It should be framed and hung on a wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I love this DS9 episode where a Jem Hadar warship crashes into this planet where, by a lucky coincidence, there's an away mission happening involving O'Brien, Dax, Worf, Sisko, and Ensign Ricky. I wonder what's going to happen, hmmm.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Okay, fine, there were two redshirts on the planet and a whole runabout full of redshirts. Everyone except for this one fellow got killed by like the 8 minute mark and none of the main characters batted an eye.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

I like that episode because the Vorta backstabs the Jem Hadar to save himself.

Bonus points for the sequel to this episode that featured Iggy Pop as a Vorta.

Automatic Slim fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Apr 22, 2022

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Is that the one where O'Brien has to watch the redshirt slowly die for hours and he's the only one who gives a poo poo?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Is that the one where O'Brien has to watch the redshirt slowly die for hours and he's the only one who gives a poo poo?

I'm not familiar with this episode, but, halfway in, it definitely seems like it. Sisko seems to at least give a little bit of a poo poo.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

The Jem Hadar are bombing the area around the ship to gently caress with everybody and the dying guy is stroking out and thinking his hallucinations plus the exploding sounds are fireworks from his childhood and only O'Brien was trying to comfort him. Worf's been angling to euthanize the guy for quite a while now.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Lol this episode essentially ends with "Many Bothans died to bring us this starship."

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

then they use the ship to blow up the ketrecel white facility

so great

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Hector Beerlioz posted:

The official marshmallow of the starship USS ENTERPRISE

Fat Shat wouldn't do the movie without the tie in.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Y'know before I started watching Voyager I thought I'd not like Neelix because WHOOAOAAAA WAAACKY COMIC RELIEF but it turns out I don't like him because he's in a relationship with a 2-year-old being that looks like a teenager and it's real creepy doubly so because he looks like a gross space hobbit

I kinda hope Kes dies soon or something because it's real weird

WTF Voyager why did you choose to do this

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Sorry but Kes never looked anything other than the cusp of 30 with a bad wig itself pushing 50.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

shadow puppet of a posted:

Sorry but Kes never looked anything other than the cusp of 30 with a bad wig itself pushing 50.

Both of Kes' wigs are real bad, but at least they kind of made an effort to show she was aging towards the end

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I just made it to the episode where she almost cooks Tuvok alive with her brain powers

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

holy poo poo I want this

I 've been wanting to get one for my dad's way too large Trek collection for years. Those things are insanely rare

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.
Ugh how are you guys pushing through this awful show? I am so goddamned lucky that Netflix Canada doesn't have it up, otherwise I'd probably follow along. I am unwilling to download 60gb+ of :filez: just to watch Voyager.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

treiz01 posted:

Ugh how are you guys pushing through this awful show? I am so goddamned lucky that Netflix Canada doesn't have it up, otherwise I'd probably follow along. I am unwilling to download 60gb+ of :filez: just to watch Voyager.

I'm not sure most have, which is why DS9 has been the topic of more posts than Voyager

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

treiz01 posted:

I'm watching it most of the time while I'm doing something else like preparing food or cleaning or playing Picross 3D or something and occasionally looking at it

most star trek shows would allllmost work as an audio drama with like no changes

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I tried to go back and finish up the episodes of Voyager I hadn't seen yet on Netflix, but it turns out it's the one Trek series I've removed from my queue and Netflix doesn't keep track of what you watched once you remove it and gently caress if i'm gonna watch all that poo poo again.

So now I'm watching DS9 again.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

There was one thing excellent about VOY, the theme song. Jerry Goldsmith was the best composer for Star Trek Universe after the TOS composer.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I'm probably going to skip a lot of Voyager eventually

when does the show hit its horrible debilitated shambling stride again, when all the Borg stuff starts happening?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Monkey Fracas posted:

when does the show hit its horrible debilitated shambling stride again

AHahahah. This is genuinely funny that you think it doesn't collapse into crawling and then lying in a reeking mound.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

Cthulu Carl posted:

I tried to go back and finish up the episodes of Voyager I hadn't seen yet on Netflix, but it turns out it's the one Trek series I've removed from my queue and Netflix doesn't keep track of what you watched once you remove it and gently caress if i'm gonna watch all that poo poo again.

So now I'm watching DS9 again.

I too am feeling the DS9 vibe, so I am currently "obtaining" it.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

Monkey Fracas posted:

I'm probably going to skip a lot of Voyager eventually

when does the show hit its horrible debilitated shambling stride again, when all the Borg stuff starts happening?

New thread title!

STAR TREK: VOYAGER - When does the show hit its horrible debilitated shambling stride again?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

shadow puppet of a posted:

AHahahah. This is genuinely funny that you think it doesn't collapse into crawling and then lying in a reeking mound.

Like I'm disappointed that it isn't worse actually if that makes sense

it's just kinda... there

heeeyyy folks time to check in on your pals on the starship Voyager

in this episode the gang gets... *yawwn* stuck inside some kinda... space... organism and can't just shoot their way out because of Starfleet Protocol or something so they play around with the *insert 15 straight minutes of :techno: here* until they find a solution that somehow changes nothing and works... for everyone

I am OK with this conclusion says Janeway as she files away her logs for this week's nonserialized syndication-friendly adventure in a beige folder in a beige holocabinet by the old holowatercooler

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Ok but imagine that level of maudlin gunk taking place inside a fully-populated Irish village, week after week.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
this thread should just watch TOS instead because I just watched Spock and McCoy fight gladiators to the death in a televised Roman match and it was :krad:

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
Tried to get elite force working on win 10. No luck. .. was looking forward to shooting neelix in the mess hall.

tank is raid leader O.K.
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck you say about the Emperor?

Monkey Fracas posted:

most star trek shows would allllmost work as an audio drama with like no changes

I had an audiobook of "Caretaker" on cassette tape, read entirely by Robert Picardo. He loving nails all the voices and characterizations in it. Dude is really loving talented.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

treiz01 posted:

Did they just remove TNG from netflix Canada? I was reading this thread and decided to watch "Drumhead" and it was gone. Netflix suggested I watch "Farscape" instead. . .

Holy poo poo is that a bad show. I FF>> through about 3 episodes, then skipped ahead 2 seasons and goddamn it's bad in ever possible way.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Blistex posted:

Did they just remove TNG from netflix Canada? I was reading this thread and decided to watch "Drumhead" and it was gone. Netflix suggested I watch "Farscape" instead. . .

Holy poo poo is that a bad show. I FF>> through about 3 episodes, then skipped ahead 2 seasons and goddamn it's bad in ever possible way.

Farscape has a shaky first season, one gets good, hoo boy, is it good.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

Blistex posted:

All the Treks are gone from Netflix Canada :(

But we can still watch Generations!

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
i still cant get in to ds9 all the characters are boring and that cardassian dude is just hammy and dumb

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
It takes a season to hit its stride imo.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

DS9 is great because its the only time characters actively dislike each other.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

whoflungpoop posted:

i still cant get in to ds9 all the characters are boring and that cardassian dude is just hammy and dumb

Cardassians are hams though. That is their natural state. They are a hammy race who love the sound of their own voice.

You don't understand anything.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
Worf eventually shows up too, and he has more depth than he did on TNG.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Big Mean Jerk posted:

this thread should just watch TOS instead because I just watched Spock and McCoy fight gladiators to the death in a televised Roman match and it was :krad:

I like the one where the find the planet full of Nazis.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

TNG Worf and DS9 Worf are almost two different characters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Roylicious posted:

Worf eventually shows up too, and he has more depth than he did on TNG.

TNG Worf might as well have been a cardboard cut-out that the alien of the week knocks over with little effort and all the crew ignores.

Edit: This was the only guy Worf ever beat up in TNG.

Blistex fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jun 7, 2016