Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Tim Raines IRL posted:

I think I need to just delete Facebook until December. The meme of the day seems to be "a vote for a third party is a vote for Trump!" Yes I understand basic math and how counting works, you idiots, I'm still not going to vote for your idiot lizard-fascist-in-a-pantsuit.

Your poo poo opinion has been noted, thank you for your contribution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

A Bag of Milk posted:

Great article. I might go to Kurdistan if I didn't have people who would worry endlessly about me. Also if I weren't such a chickenshit fuckboy.

You don't need to use memes to say "I'm not interested in going to an active war zone" let alone apologize for it because there's nothing wrong with that.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Combed Thunderclap posted:

You don't need to use memes to say "I'm not interested in going to an active war zone" let alone apologize for it because there's nothing wrong with that.

I think we don't need more goons following in Caro's footsteps either.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

Tim Raines IRL posted:

I think I need to just delete Facebook until December. The meme of the day seems to be "a vote for a third party is a vote for Trump!" Yes I understand basic math and how counting works, you idiots, I'm still not going to vote for your idiot lizard-fascist-in-a-pantsuit.

You're right. Jill Stein and John McAfee are candidates the United States deserves.

hail satan

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

More dumb government poo poo -- compiling a lot of work:

Woohoo, my job's secure until I retire!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Tim Raines IRL posted:

I'm not even running this year :confused:

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

zoux posted:

Its ok Zoux, its in our hearts.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Rollofthedice posted:

You're right. Jill Stein and John McAfee are candidates the United States deserves.

hail satan

Polio for all!!

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx
Trump just farted out a bunch of words about Trump U/Curiel. Good job stringing this story along without recanting any of the racism or making any new points, doofus. Hilariously, he says this at the end:

quote:

I do not intend to comment on this matter any further.

Over/under on time to next public Trump comment on this matter?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Tim Raines IRL posted:

Lol "people are making fun of me for being a moron, waaaahhhhh, waaaaahhhhhh!!!!"

Jackson Taus
Oct 19, 2011

Joementum posted:

Sure, but all it takes is pushback from the national parties. The RNC and DNC were successful after a couple cycles to stop Florida, Michigan, and Arizona from trying to push into the carve out state territory by denying them delegates at the national convention. They'll likely drop Nevada from its carve out position after this cycle because the caucuses there have been bungled on both sides every single time and its impossible for the campaigns to canvas or poll the state. There's been talk of pushing back against Iowa and the campaigns were successful this year in killing the Ames straw poll.

I don't expect it to happen in 2020, but Bill Gardner is finally retiring after this year and both parties are going to be in a mood to enact some reforms for the next cycle. Those states shouldn't get too comfy in their positions.

It's worse than that - you've got to get both national parties, the relevant local parties, and frequently the state legislatures on board with any changes. In my state, if you want to change the primary calendar you'd have to either get a law through the state legislature (which would also involve moving some dates around for local town council races), or switch to a caucus system (which our local parties are not capable of handling in many jurisdictions). And in many states, the Presidential primary is the same day as state legislature or Congressional primaries. Moving those around every four years would really screw with people.

Jackson Taus fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Jun 7, 2016

Bates
Jun 15, 2006
Tonight Clinton will finally assume her true form and it will be glorious and slightly unsettling.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Want to hear some bold, exciting, fresh new ideas on how to help the poor from Paul Ryan???

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2016/06/07/ways-and-means-chairman-brady-our-plan-to-reduce-poverty-and-expand-opportunity/

quote:

• Providing states more flexibility to help the unemployed get back to work sooner

• Establishing pay-for-results funding models that reward innovation while protecting taxpayer dollars

• Setting clear expectations, across programs, for work and training in exchange for benefits

• Making sure families are always better off when someone goes to work

Looks pretty good but I really think we need to further promote opportunity and prosperity by lessening the oppressive tax burden on the rich, I'll be sure to inform Paul about my bold new idea!!

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Bunleigh posted:

Trump just farted out a bunch of words about Trump U/Curiel. Good job stringing this story along without recanting any of the racism or making any new points, doofus. Hilariously, he says this at the end:

I can't see Trump keeping his mouth shut for 20 minutes, he'll be screaming about how it's the media who wants to talk about this for everyone not just listening to him when he tries to call a time out for dunking on himself constantly.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Anos posted:

Tonight Clinton will finally assume her true form and it will be glorious and slightly unsettling.

actually no, i think you'll find that the nomination isn't decided until july 25th

Jackson Taus
Oct 19, 2011

Bunleigh posted:

Is there anybody inside the Trump campaign who is not a sycophant and can actually tell that this poo poo is going off the rails? I want there to be someone to write the definitive postmortem tell-all but knowing Trump it'll probably end up being Trump himself who writes a big tirade about all the people who hosed him over who he's probably going to sue.

It doesn't actually require a non-sycophant. Anyone attached to the collapse of the Trump campaign is going to want to use postmortem blaming to push the failures onto other people if they want to get a job again. Like do you think being a senior staffer in a campaign which lost by 10 points and nearly sundered the Party is going to look good on your resume when you go looking for a Congressional/Senatorial campaign job in 2018?

But if/when this happens, Trump will launch lawsuit after lawsuit against anyone quoted in the book saying mean poo poo about him, because he doesn't understand how libel law works.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Bunleigh posted:

He has a press conference scheduled for tonight.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Anos posted:

or

?

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

MaxxBot posted:

Want to hear some bold, exciting, fresh new ideas on how to help the poor from Paul Ryan???

quote:

Establishing pay-for-results funding models that reward innovation while protecting taxpayer dollars

What in the actual gently caress does this even mean? That has got to be one of the most meaningless phrases I've ever read.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Bunleigh posted:

As someone seems to have taken his Twitter keys away from him, who knows.

Like, he probably has people literally yelling at him like a child right now.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Anos posted:

GLAD0S from Portal?
Who am I kidding, she's SHODAN.

Talmonis fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jun 7, 2016

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

What in the actual gently caress does this even mean?
[/quote]

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

zoux posted:

you've got my vote

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

ReidRansom posted:

They got the training wheels on for tonight.
https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/740280080795107329

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Doctor Butts posted:

What in the actual gently caress does this even mean?

It means that were going to do to state welfare and unemployment programs what NCLB did to schools. People not getting off welfare fast enough, that's a funding cut. Overall number of people not falling year over year, that's a funding cut. Your poor people allowed to buy small occasional luxuries, that's a funding cut.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Honestly, this thread proves why Reptilian-Americans still need to be in the closet to have a chance at national success. If Hiliary molted today, none of you would be praising her bravery but instead blaming her for the blatant discrimination that made her hide who she is.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Doctor Butts posted:

What in the actual gently caress does this even mean? That has got to be one of the most meaningless phrases I've ever read.

Whoever can grind up the poor the cheapest get's the Soylent contract.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

zoux posted:

Ahahaha

odds he goes off-script? I mean, you know some reporter is going to try to get a rise out of him.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

zoux posted:

God what I wouldn't give to have someone heckle him over the teleprompters.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

ReidRansom posted:

There is literally 0 chance that Trump is reciving one bit of backlash from within his camp. We literally have proof that his campaign is one giant echo chamber of sycophants who don't dare criticize him about anything. No one has taken his Twitter away from him and no one is yelling at him. In fact he's probably being told how well he's doing.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

zoux posted:

Probably for his warm up acts. Once Trump's up there it just reads [Racist Ad-lib]

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

There is literally 0 chance that Trump is reciving one bit of backlash from within his camp. We literally have proof that his campaign is one giant echo chamber of sycophants who don't dare criticize him about anything. No one has taken his Twitter away from him and no one is yelling at him. In fact he's probably being told how well he's doing.

Also because likely voter models are entirely voodoo, it is easy to go full Romney with internal poll data even if his campaign forces him to buy some.

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I can't wait to see the public narrative of Trump supporters transform from "oh he's not a violent racist shut up" to "yeah hes a violent racist, shut up"

That was fast.

Paul Ryan, today posted:

Claiming a person can’t do their job because of their race is sort of like the textbook definition of a racist comment. I think that should be absolutely disavowed. It’s absolutely unacceptable. ... I believe that we have more common ground on the policy issues of the day and we have more likelihood of getting our policies enacted with him than with her.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Oh, not from inside his camp. I mean by party leaders and donors and lobbyists who have an interest in not tanking their races all the way down to the bottom and handing control of all their state legislatures over in addition to congress.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Talking points Memo is reporting that Trump has released a statement:

quote:

It is unfortunate that my comments have been misconstrued as a categorical attack against people of Mexican heritage. I am friends with and employ thousands of people of Mexican and Hispanic descent. The American justice system relies on fair and impartial judges. All judges should be held to that standard. I do not feel that one’s heritage makes them incapable of being impartial, but, based on the rulings that I have received in the Trump University civil case, I feel justified in questioning whether I am receiving a fair trial.
Over the past few weeks, I have watched as the media has reported one inaccuracy after another concerning the ongoing litigation involving Trump University. There are several important facts the public should know and that the media has failed to report.

Throughout the litigation my attorneys have continually demonstrated that students who participated in Trump University were provided a substantive, valuable education based upon a curriculum developed by professors from Northwestern University, Columbia Business School, Stanford University and other respected institutions. And, the response from students was overwhelming. Over a five year period, more than 10,000 paying students filled out surveys giving the courses high marks and expressing their overwhelming satisfaction with Trump University’s programs. For example:

quote:

Former student Tarla Makaeff, the original plaintiff in the litigation, not only completed multiple surveys rating Trump University’s three-day seminar “excellent” in every category, but also praised Trump University’s mentorship program in a glowing 5 plus minute video testimonial. When asked “how could Trump University help to meet [her] goals”, she simply stated “[c]ontinue to offer great classes.” Once the plaintiffs’ lawyers realized how disastrous a witness she was, they asked to have her removed from the case. Over my lawyers’ objections, the judge granted the plaintiffs’ motion, but allowed the case to continue.

Art Cohen, a lead plaintiffs in the litigation, completed a survey in which he not only rated Trump University’s three-day seminar “excellent” in virtually every category, but went so far as to indicate that he would “attend another Trump University seminar” and even “recommend Trump University seminars to a friend.” When asked how Trump University could improve the seminar, Mr. Cohen’s only suggestion was to “[h]ave lunch sandwiches brought in” and make the lunch break 45 minutes.

Former student Bob Giullo, who has been critical of Trump University in numerous interviews and negative advertisements from my political opponents, also expressed his satisfaction, rating Trump University’s programs “excellent” in every category. When asked how Trump University could improve its programs, Mr. Giullo simply asked that students be provided “more comfortable chairs.”
Indeed, these are just a few of literally thousands of positive surveys, all of which can be viewed online at https://www.98percentapproval.com.

For those students who decided that Trump University’s programs were not for them, the company had a generous refund policy, offering a full refund to any student who asked for their money back within 3 days of signing up for a program or by the end of the first day of any multi-day program, whichever came later.

Normally, legal issues in a civil case would be heard in a neutral environment. However, given my unique circumstances as nominee of the Republican Party and the core issues of my campaign that focus on illegal immigration, jobs and unfair trade, I have concerns as to my ability to receive a fair trial.

I am fighting hard to bring jobs back to the United States. Many companies – like Ford, General Motors, Nabisco, Carrier – are moving production to Mexico. Drugs and illegal immigrants are also pouring across our border. This is bad for all Americans, regardless of their heritage.

Due to what I believe are unfair and mistaken rulings in this case and the Judge’s reported associations with certain professional organizations, questions were raised regarding the Obama appointed Judge’s impartiality. It is a fair question. I hope it is not the case.

While this lawsuit should have been dismissed, it is now scheduled for trial in November. I do not intend to comment on this matter any further. With all of the thousands of people who have given the courses such high marks and accolades, we will win this case!

Donald J. Trump

98percentapprovaldotcom

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

ReidRansom posted:

Oh, not from inside his camp. I mean by party leaders and donors and lobbyists who have an interest in not tanking their races all the way down to the bottom and handing control of all their state legislatures over in addition to congress.

I think "the lesser of two evils" line is going to be their mantra from here on. Heavy negative anti-Clinton ads will certainly help.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

ReidRansom posted:

Trump's never struck me as a guy who allows people to get shouty with him.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

ReidRansom posted:

I 100% buy into the idea that he truly believes his own hype and is telling lobbyists/Party Leaders to go gently caress themselves and to fall in line.

I really doubt even the hands that hold the money can tell him what to do. Not because he's actually good business leader/whatever it was that he said during the primary, but because he's a petulant child who cannot abide having anyone try to stand up to him.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

I am fighting hard to bring jobs back to the United States. Many companies – like Ford, General Motors, Nabisco, Carrier – are moving production to Mexico. Drugs and illegal immigrants are also pouring across our border. This is bad for all Americans, regardless of their heritage.

Due to what I believe are unfair and mistaken rulings in this case and the Judge’s reported associations with certain professional organizations, questions were raised regarding the Obama appointed Judge’s impartiality. It is a fair question. I hope it is not the case.

While this lawsuit should have been dismissed, it is now scheduled for trial in November. I do not intend to comment on this matter any further. With all of the thousands of people who have given the courses such high marks and accolades, we will win this case!

Donald J. Trump

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

I can't wait for this trial. He couldn't even resist doubling down on his 'Mexico only sends up its worst' bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx

quote:

98percentapprovaldotcom

The site is really something else. Busted links, titled "Home Page", super basic template, kinda seems like some poor lackey had to whip this up in 10 minutes while Trump stood behind him shouting spittle into his ear.

• Locked thread