Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Dirk Pitt posted:

Same. 6s on 9.3
Same wth the crashes and pull to refresh on a 6S with 9.3.2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Everything's a-ok on my 4S, just for comparison's sake.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Every time I click a quote link to go to the post being quoted it just ends up on the top of the page. This is very annoying and makes it very hard to read large threads.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

I'm on 3.13 5S and not crashing at all. it's one of the TestFlight versions but I don't believe it's the latest one.

Is there a way to see the specific beta version we're using? I know in TestFlight it has a 5 string identifier when you go to update.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Things are fine on my 6+, latest OS and release version.

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?

Ogmius815 posted:

Every time I click a quote link to go to the post being quoted it just ends up on the top of the page. This is very annoying and makes it very hard to read large threads.

This is also happening for me

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Is there a way to cntrl-f style search a thread/page?

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
I'm also getting the crashes when I lose service or go into airplane mode. Using the latest version of Awful from the App Store on the latest version of iOS on an iPhone 6.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

OldSenileGuy posted:

I'm also getting the crashes when I lose service or go into airplane mode. Using the latest version of Awful from the App Store on the latest version of iOS on an iPhone 6.

I've gotten some crashes on the subway but usually too fast for a timeout or anything - I rarely fully lose service.

Also seeing some crashes when I tab a youtube out to safari and then switch back from the contextual back button - may be related.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

I *think* I can reproduce it reliably, just have to wait until I can get home and hook up a debugger.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

spanky the dolphin posted:

Here's a link to the throbber, I've made it in @1x, @2x and @3x. Let me know if it works!

This is great!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Yo. Ever since the latest update, the app CTDs any time you go back to it from the home screen or the app switcher after leaving it . iPhone 6s+ , newest OS

Sorry about that. It's either some stuff that changed recently, or a longstanding issue that hits worse on upgrade. Unfortunately the best chance of working around it is to delete and reinstall.

The Kins posted:

Yeah, the latest update seems to have some trouble with the cached forums list from the previous version, it seems. When I checked the forums list this morning, the only forums that were visible were ones that I had visited threads from via Bookmarks. I logged out to clear the cache, logged back in, got an instant crash, logged back in again and everything's fine now.

There's definitely some cache/cache cleaning weirdness between updates that I need to track down.

Al! posted:

Hey firsttime longtime thank you for dealing with goons for free holy poo poo this thing is amazing. If there isn't an option to embed images from my phone's library not as timg automatically but img instead already, can their be one? I'll take my answer off the air thank you again

I can add it to the list! And there isn't yet an option, so you aren't missing anything.

Fedule posted:

Glitch I'm seeing.

Behold, my bookmarks.

Yeah that ain't right.

Let's click on that top thread:

Yeah that ain't right either.

I used to get this a lot in forums view, and I could fix it by backing out to the forums list and refreshing. Now it's happening in bookmarks too and I could only fix it by rebooting the app.

I got nothing. But I'll make a note and try to figure it out!

particle9 posted:

Not sure why but starting yesterday every time I open the app all my bookmarks are erased.

Sounds like a caching fuckup. If so, logging out and then back in should fix it, possibly with a force quit mixed in.

Doctor w-rw-rw- posted:

Welp, I'm an rear end.

But you're our rear end!

Caithness posted:

3.13 sure is crashing a lot when it's the active app while my phone is unlocked.

5S on latest iOS

Yep, my bad. I've fixed a couple issues already in a beta, I'll investigate a couple more and get a release out the door.

baram. posted:

I'm on 3.13 5S and not crashing at all. it's one of the TestFlight versions but I don't believe it's the latest one.

Is there a way to see the specific beta version we're using? I know in TestFlight it has a 5 string identifier when you go to update.

I should probably add that in there, good call.

drunken officeparty posted:

Is there a way to cntrl-f style search a thread/page?

No, but it's a common request and is technically feasible.

carry on then posted:

I *think* I can reproduce it reliably, just have to wait until I can get home and hook up a debugger.

Is it still a thing on the latest beta/tip of master branch? I fixed a bad one a day or two ago.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Previous to the last update if I returned to the app and it had to refresh, once it loaded it would return me to the last-read post on the page. Since the last update it doesn't seem to be doing that anymore.

iPhone 6+, latest OS and released app version.

Doctor w-rw-rw-
Jun 24, 2008
Throbber looks great but for the fact that it is puny on a 6+.

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Doctor w-rw-rw- posted:

Throbber looks great but for the fact that it is puny on a 6+.

It's puny on my 5s too. I'm thinking of making it as large as the page refresh circle, you reckon that would look better? Would we also be able to raise it up a tad to visually center it more, pokey?

Doctor w-rw-rw-
Jun 24, 2008
Maybe that'll work. Maybe a bit bigger? The refresh symbol has no detail (none needed, really), but since this is a more complex animation a little more size might be welcome?

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?
Was getting warnings about my cookie about to expire. I guess it expired then today, as I started getting cryptic error messages when trying to load any thread. No problem, I'll just log out and then log back in. When I logged back in, there was a crash to springboard. Then when I opened Awful, all my settings were reverted to default.

5S, 9.3.2, latest App Store version.

I don't want just sound like I'm complaining though — it wasn't a big deal at all, I just thought I'd mention it. Appreciate the great work you guys have done! This is the number one app on my phone!

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

pokeyman posted:

Is it still a thing on the latest beta/tip of master branch? I fixed a bad one a day or two ago.

Nah you fixed the one I found, I just hadn't pulled master in a day or so. Nice.

e: Ooh, and I have a feature request of my own since I've got other things going and no idea how to go about this: When multitasking with split view, our scroll views and bottom bars don't adjust when the keyboard comes up for the other app. I think it would be nice to get them to do that.

Safari does shift its bottom bar when the keyboard comes up for Awful:

e: ignore the different color for Awful, it's part of an experiment, not a definite change.

carry on then fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Jun 9, 2016

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I'm crashing sometimes when viewing rap sheets. Maybe when they're short again? I'll try to test.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

stuffed crust punk fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jun 9, 2016

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

OldSenileGuy posted:

Now that you mention it, the crashing only seems to happen when I'm on the subway and the signal is intermittent.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

zen death robot posted:

I get rap sheet crashes sometimes if they're short or empty. If there's anything I can do to help server side just let me know.
First thing that comes to mind is making sure they're not short or empty. Just spitballing here.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Mr. Apollo posted:

Now that you mention it, the crashing only seems to happen when I'm on the subway and the signal is intermittent.

Pokeyman fixed this for the next release.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

carry on then posted:

Pokeyman fixed this for the next release.
:woop:

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

zen death robot posted:

I get rap sheet crashes sometimes if they're short or empty. If there's anything I can do to help server side just let me know.

Unmod and repeatedly probate boosted_c5 to generate test data

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Regular Nintendo posted:

Unmod and repeatedly probate boosted_c5 to generate test data

:agreed:, it's the only way to make sure.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
What's the reason that img upload fails? Sometimes clearing the drafted post will work, but it's almost always a crap shoot if uploading a picture from my library will fail or not

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

IllegallySober posted:

Previous to the last update if I returned to the app and it had to refresh, once it loaded it would return me to the last-read post on the page. Since the last update it doesn't seem to be doing that anymore.

iPhone 6+, latest OS and released app version.

I hate web views. And scroll views. I'll take a look!

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

Was getting warnings about my cookie about to expire. I guess it expired then today, as I started getting cryptic error messages when trying to load any thread. No problem, I'll just log out and then log back in. When I logged back in, there was a crash to springboard. Then when I opened Awful, all my settings were reverted to default.

5S, 9.3.2, latest App Store version.

I don't want just sound like I'm complaining though — it wasn't a big deal at all, I just thought I'd mention it. Appreciate the great work you guys have done! This is the number one app on my phone!

That is rather unfriendly! I appreciate the report, doesn't sound complainy at all, and I'll put it on the list.

carry on then posted:

e: Ooh, and I have a feature request of my own since I've got other things going and no idea how to go about this: When multitasking with split view, our scroll views and bottom bars don't adjust when the keyboard comes up for the other app. I think it would be nice to get them to do that.

I'm kinda surprised we don't do that properly actually, as it's the same notifications that come in. I'll take a look.

Subjunctive posted:

I'm crashing sometimes when viewing rap sheets. Maybe when they're short again? I'll try to test.

This was a stupidity twofer on my part. Fixed in next beta.

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

What's the reason that img upload fails? Sometimes clearing the drafted post will work, but it's almost always a crap shoot if uploading a picture from my library will fail or not

I don't really know, sorry to say. I've looked briefly into it a few times over the past while and have yet to uncover anything, and I think others have looked at it too.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.
Is there a way to turn off landscape mode in the app without disabling it device-wide?

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Nickoten posted:

Is there a way to turn off landscape mode in the app without disabling it device-wide?

No.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Nickoten posted:

No. I just use the orientation lock from command center, and it's proven livable.

mikul
Feb 8, 2004
So I'm abroad at the minute and whenever I was trying to use Awful, I would get this.

Turns out, when I try via the browser, I get this

VPN solves both issues. Is there a better way of Awful handling this?

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

mikul posted:

So I'm abroad at the minute and whenever I was trying to use Awful, I would get this.

Turns out, when I try via the browser, I get this

VPN solves both issues. Is there a better way of Awful handling this?

There probably is a better way to handle that, though I'm guessing it'll be a bit annoying to test. I'll certainly add it to the list! Sorry for the annoyance.

mikul
Feb 8, 2004

pokeyman posted:

There probably is a better way to handle that, though I'm guessing it'll be a bit annoying to test. I'll certainly add it to the list! Sorry for the annoyance.

No worries. Thanks for all you do!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Not a regular in this thread at all and it took me a second to find it but I just wanted to say the new loading animation in the latest TestFlight version is sick. Makes me wish loading times were longer. Thanks for the work you all do with the app

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
That throbber looks magnificent and I can't wait for it to be on every SA app ever.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem
Enjoying the throbbing. Thank you for your throbber.

Did you make that word up.

I'm assuming the throbber is the spinny :v:

If so keep throbbing. This is a monumental update in usability. Where is your patroen.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem
I think I'm going to turn off wifi and LTE to spend more time throbbing.

Mechanical Fiend
Sep 5, 2011

How'd that asshole get a white robe?!

The pull-to-refresh spinner should be replaced with the throbber as well.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Mechanical Fiend posted:

The pull-to-refresh spinner should be replaced with the throbber as well.

also the contents of all posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor w-rw-rw-
Jun 24, 2008
You can almost feel all the throbbing in here

• Locked thread