Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Just save September for Cold Steel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

I just have to learn Japanese by September

It'll be daijoubu

Just make sure it's not Daisoujou. That dude is broken as poo poo.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

Just save September for Cold Steel

Could you imagine a Kiseki game with persona 5s budget instead of the five dollars falcom can find between the couch cushions...

Would be insanely epic

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Baal posted:

I'm preordering from Japan, idgaf about your babby spoilers american waiters

dang, guess I'll have to baal on the thread after the japanese launch

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Cake Attack posted:

Could you imagine a Kiseki game with persona 5s budget instead of the five dollars falcom can find between the couch cushions...

Would be insanely epic

the calvard games will be this and they will be the last games falcom ever releases as they finally achieve their purpose and then vanish into the annals of video game legend

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Saw a trailer trailer for PersonaXFE at the gamestop when I was picking up my Odin Sphere pre order.

I just could not give a single gently caress about it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's going to own actually

And is also a WiiU game

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it'll be solid but not particularly noteworthy and most people will forget about it within a year imo

the most notable thing about it is how mad it made lame people

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Summon Night 6 picked up for release by Gaijinworks.

http://gematsu.com/2016/06/summon-night-6-coming-west-early-2017

I did laugh at the early 2017 from Gaijinworks though, I don't think they've actually released anything on time yet.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Sakurazuka posted:

It's going to own actually

And is also a WiiU game

:yeah:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Stanos posted:

I did laugh at the early 2017 from Gaijinworks though, I don't think they've actually released anything on time yet.

Huh, Europe too? Why can't we get Summon Night 5 then so I can see if that series is actually any good

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
It was...okay? Nothing special and pretty pricey for what it is and you have to be able to tolerate Vic Ireland's pretty liberal translation style. It's not nearly as loose as it was in the Working Designs days but there's a line between punching up a script and taking large leaps and he's one to cross over to the latter frequently to a detriment.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I dunno if it's one of those things where everyone already played it on PC years ago or something but I got Downwell + it's really good

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

The Odin sphere remake is epic as hell!!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

dang, trails of cold steel comes with a nice case and an art book? that's neat

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
What size memory card do most of you consider to be a comfortable amount of space? About to get a Vita and wondering if I should spring for 64gb. fwiw, I've been "banking" the free Vita games since they started offering them on PS Plus, and don't plan on using physical media at all.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Minidust posted:

What size memory card do most of you consider to be a comfortable amount of space? About to get a Vita and wondering if I should spring for 64gb. fwiw, I've been "banking" the free Vita games since they started offering them on PS Plus, and don't plan on using physical media at all.

Unless you need to have 10 billion games a 16gb is fine. I have a 32gb card and it's mostly filled with poo poo I never touch.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

Minidust posted:

16GB is about the minimum I'd recommend. 8GB is fine starting out but I (and probably most people) felt cramped with it. I have a 32 and it allows me to have a decent amount of games at a time.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

What's the best dungeon crawl rpg for a new player? I tried Soul Hackers on 3DS but it was a bit obtuse and difficult.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

etrian odyssey 4

ArmadilloConspiracy
Jan 15, 2010

Stanos posted:

16GB is about the minimum I'd recommend. 8GB is fine starting out but I (and probably most people) felt cramped with it. I have a 32 and it allows me to have a decent amount of games at a time.

This. If you're looking at all-digital, unless all you want is indie stuff, you're going to want some space. I had the 8gig, bought as many things physical as possible, but ran out of space fast anyway. I was planning to get a 32 before receiving a 64 as a gift.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

zenintrude posted:

What's the best dungeon crawl rpg for a new player? I tried Soul Hackers on 3DS but it was a bit obtuse and difficult.

Dungeon Travelers 2 if you can handle the fanservice if we're limiting ourselves to the Vita. Either that or Demon Gaze. I also like Stranger of Sword City but it can pull some really mean poo poo on you and has permadeath so that might fall under difficult.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

zenintrude posted:

Ray Gigant is babby's first dungeon crawler but you might want to start with something good like uh

voltcatfish posted:

etrian odyssey 4

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

voltcatfish posted:

etrian odyssey 4

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Minidust posted:

64GB since there's tons of games that only have a digital release and since you don't plan on buying physical games you're going to run out of space sooner or later.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

Alder posted:

64GB since there's tons of games that only have a digital release and since you don't plan on buying physical games you're going to run out of space sooner or later.

Yeah honestly I've managed to fill a 64GB fairly easily. It depends on what kind of games you want to play, but if you're looking at RPGs (like Atelier), especially ones without physical releases, it can fill up pretty fast. Even old PSX RPGs can take up a fair bit of space.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Cake Attack posted:

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i'm on a 32GB, and play a reasonable amount of RPGs. i feel like it's basically fine for that. you mentioned having PS plus, which is really the key, since otherwise keeping your saves for uninstalled games would suck. 64 would still be nice, but it feels like every time someone mentions a 64GB vita card it's to talk about how unreliable they are.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

voltcatfish posted:

etrian odyssey 4

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I have a 4GB and do just fine, or so I tell myself

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

it feels like every time someone mentions a 64GB vita card it's to talk about how unreliable they are.

I've had mine for over 2 years with zero problems but I did buy it while I was in Japan so presumably there could be knockoffs floating around for sale.

It all really just comes down to your habits. If you're avoiding physical media for storage then a smaller card is fine. If deleting and redownloading/storing elsewhere & transferring constantly is annoying and you just want all your games available all the time, get a bigger card. 64 for my vita, 32 for my 3ds, 8 for my wii u. It's all fine

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I went full retard and bought a 64GB despite hearing a bunch of stuff in the old thread about how they break down, got it in March and it has yet to explode and kill me as I play anime games. Having a 64 gig means any space concerns go out the window and you can have anything you want. Am I ever going to play Toukiden Kiwami? Probably not, but I'm gonna keep all 3 gigs of it on my card because someday I might. Riiiight next to Soul Sacrifice Delta, Freedom Wars, and I've got spaces open for both God Eaters!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Yakiniku Teishoku posted:

I've had mine for over 2 years with zero problems but I did buy it while I was in Japan so presumably there could be knockoffs floating around for sale.

I doubt anybody will bother to knock them off; they aren't used in anything else and the Vita market is so small that there's more money to be made in faking SanDisk microSD cards.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Stanos posted:

The best thing about this game is the fact that it's going to be voice acted, and Vic Ireland will be directing that voice acting.

If this game is nothing less than the dubbing quality of Growlanser Generations or Popful Mail, I'm going to be so disappointed.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

Midjack posted:

I doubt anybody will bother to knock them off; they aren't used in anything else and the Vita market is so small that there's more money to be made in faking SanDisk microSD cards.

I mean, this is true but people also manage to make knockoffs of $2 plastic figures and Obama Sonic backpacks

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Thanks for the memory card feedback! If I did end up buying more than one, is it much of a hassle (on a mechanical or software level) to swap between different cards?

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Minidust posted:

Thanks for the memory card feedback! If I did end up buying more than one, is it much of a hassle (on a mechanical or software level) to swap between different cards?

It might be a bit of a hassle if you played physical games, since they still save to the memory card so you'd have to make sure to have the right one in there, but since you're not planning on doing that you should be fine.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Getting consistent s ranks in Odin sphere feels awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Minidust posted:

As long as you stay on the same account (since MCs are tied to PSN accounts) you should be fine - just remember that the savefiles are tied to bubbles, on on the physical games, which are "installed" on your Vita, so if you change the card (or, God forbid, delete the bubble, in which case it deletes the save) your save stays behind.