Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

and combee and magneton and mega-girafarig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

switch into a fire move and you're gonna get it off at least twice

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

3 times if you're scarfed and wild

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Switch into a not-fire move and you don't get it off at all.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Cool Birds:

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

My hawlucha is named Hawkamania, see? I told you I'm the coolest dude here.

That is super good and cool. Gonna steal it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

tangela is my favorite bird

psyduck's alright too I guess

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Sky Attack (Japanese: ゴッドバード God Bird)

MTV Crib Death
Jun 21, 2012
I told my fat girlfriend I wanted to bang skinny chicks and now I'm wondering why my relationship is garbage.
Johto Classic results are up on the Global Link. Get yer Miltanks!

e: Here are the most used friends:

MTV Crib Death fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jun 7, 2016

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Psyduck is a mammal

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Countblanc posted:

Brave Bird (Japanese: グッドバード; Good Bird)

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

MTV Crib Death posted:

e: Here are the most used friends weapons:

The only surprise is Heracross

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

MTV Crib Death posted:

Johto Classic results are up on the Global Link. Get yer Miltanks!

e: Here are the most used friends:

I used a Scizor and an Azumarill along with Houndoom as my main team. Crobat, Bellossom and Politoed made occasional appearances.

I lost more battles than I won, but the ones I did win were primarily because my opponent had no way to stop the Azumarill train. Oh, you brought out a Blastoise? Here, I'll just use Belly Drum and become unstoppable.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Everybody loves Dragonite

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
The actual Johto dragon (Kingdra) probably hates its guts

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

less laughter posted:

The only surprise is Heracross

Choice scarfed heracross is a monster. It has a big enough defense to take a single hit of most anything not fire/flying.

MTV Crib Death
Jun 21, 2012
I told my fat girlfriend I wanted to bang skinny chicks and now I'm wondering why my relationship is garbage.

Nessa posted:

I lost more battles than I won, but the ones I did win were primarily because my opponent had no way to stop the Azumarill train. Oh, you brought out a Blastoise? Here, I'll just use Belly Drum and become unstoppable.

I actually didn't see a single Belly Drum Azu. All the ones I saw (including mine) were Choice Banded.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

mabels big day posted:

Hawlucha is over-rated.

Just sent a printed copy of this post to every Poke-Affilate, you'll never work in this sector again. Such a huge lapse of judgment Mabel. Wow. Shameful.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

oddium posted:

consider this:

• pokemon spirit fusion is extremely good
  • it's happening

i'm ready

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
What happens when you spirit fuse with a Pangoro while you are wearing the Pangoro hat

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you become a jojo's bizarre adventure character irl

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

re: anime chat

ive been watching pokemon xy while i work on catching every pokemon and its been enjoyable enough so far. its not amazing but the battles are usually fun and theres been some good gags.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

speaking of catching every pokemon, why is glameow the hardest pokemon to get for some reason? its only really available in pearl. they finally made it catchable again in oras but only in a specific mirage forest. what the hell

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
is there any particular app or website any of ya'll use to keep track of what pokemon you need and where to find them? I was gonna just count on the in-game dex and bulbapedia but if there's some interactive checklist and compendium I can use that'd be swell.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

is there any particular app or website any of ya'll use to keep track of what pokemon you need and where to find them? I was gonna just count on the in-game dex and bulbapedia but if there's some interactive checklist and compendium I can use that'd be swell.

I used a spreadsheet

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

http://www.pokechecklist.com/ ive been using this. its not the greatest but w/e, its working for what i need it to

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

sharrrk posted:

http://www.pokechecklist.com/ ive been using this. its not the greatest but w/e, its working for what i need it to

Certainly better than nothing! thanks

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

whoa i just found out about how to make spiritomb show up in oras. that's crazy

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Kikas posted:

I like the ending to the RSE part of the manga the most, but when it comes to actual content in the arc itself, RSE has got NOTHING on D/P/Pt.

the ending where ruby secretly had a celebi all along and it takes him to an alternate timeline where marge and wallace and his dad aren't dead because uh

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

oddium posted:

the ending where ruby secretly had a celebi all along and it takes him to an alternate timeline where marge and wallace and his dad aren't dead because uh

happened to me once

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.

Countblanc posted:

Is that supposed to be a G Gundam reference? They shine with awesome power before attacking, after all.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

oddium posted:

It's just foreshadowing for ORAS.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

oddium posted:

I've basically forgotten how every special arc ends because it's always dumb

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

except for the first arc ending

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

oddium posted:

I can't remember where I stopped reading, but I loved this manga so much. I might pick it back up someday. Is there a good place to read it?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

oddium posted:

I think he meant Emerald particularly. Anyway, Ruby teleporting to a timeline where the like 8 needless deaths that occurred in the arcs final chapters didn't actually happen was one of the better parts about the ending. Because a lot of people just randomly died in that arc and it was kinda weird.

Ruggington posted:

I've basically forgotten how every special arc ends because it's always dumb

GSC and Diamond and Pearl had good endings. :colbert:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I always get amused by how in Special, Archie and Maxie who are the most sympathetic (if incredibly stupid) of the villain teams in the game get turned into completely irredeemable monsters whereas Cyrus is the one who gets a redemption plotline.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

GSC and Diamond and Pearl had good endings. :colbert:

Dia commanding gods was v. good

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Pureauthor posted:

I always get amused by how in Special, Archie and Maxie who are the most sympathetic (if incredibly stupid) of the villain teams in the game get turned into completely irredeemable monsters whereas Cyrus is the one who gets a redemption plotline.
Except in the ORAS arc, where they get kinda-redeemed through the stupidest possible means. They come back to help stop the meteor from destroying the world, but in their ORAS design and personalities. Which confuses everyone, because they were last seen becoming good-as-dead. Eventually it's revealed that they were hanging out in the Distortion World for a while, at some point their minds merged and un-merged and somehow explained the personality flips, and then they heard the call from Groudon and Kyogre after a brief dimensional hole opened back to the real world.

You get the feeling the writer was really stumped on how to explain ORAS Archie and Maxie being the opposite of the Archie and Maxie they'd already written(and killed off).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

The sheer lengths the manga goes to show off all the Pokemon and moves and characters and still keep it in a progressive, linear story is absolutely amazing and I love it so much. Because it's loving Pokemon, so there's all kinds of batshit explanations as to how things happen and it's wonderful.

• Locked thread