Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Will Jeb ever not be a mess, legitimate question

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
GOP is doing that looney tunes thing where they dump an anchor overboard and then look down and realize the rope is wrapped around their leg

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

STAC Goat posted:

Its seems appropriate to have a clunky word for such a clunky thing. If you went and endorsed a guy for president and now have to take it back because it turns out he's the racist rear end in a top hat he always was then you should be forced to do it using awkward language that just doesn't sound quite right.

i'll grant you the awkwardness is appropriate for the act, but doesn't mean we all have to use it :v:

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Rasczak posted:

Will Jeb ever not be a mess, legitimate question

he's oftentimes not a mess, but at those times he is, however, a waste

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

Karl Sharks posted:

un-endorse is such a clunky word, can we say undorse instead?
Didorce?

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

Deteriorata posted:

Hmmm. Googling "Bob Guillo Trump University" got an interesting result:

Trump University Customer: 'Gold Elite' Program Nothing But Fool's Gold

From that link:

quote:

"You have this guy, Bob Guillo," Trump said during his May 27 speech. "He appeared in TV attack ads, even though he rated the programs a five — meaning excellent, the top mark, across the board."

Guillo acknowledges that he gave the program high marks in comment cards submitted when it was nearly over, but says he and the other attendees were pressured to do so by instructors.

"They would say, 'OK, if you don't rate me a five, I'm not going to come back here, and I've got a wife and kids,' and most of the people who were there said, 'It doesn't cost me anything,' " he says.

But Guillo says none of the attendees knew the cards would later be used by Trump as a defense against lawsuits.

gregday
May 23, 2003

paranoid randroid posted:

GOP is doing that looney tunes thing where they dump an anchor overboard and then look down and realize the rope is wrapped around their leg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2DqAFeoqdk

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Deteriorata posted:

Hmmm. Googling "Bob Guillo Trump University" got an interesting result:

Trump University Customer: 'Gold Elite' Program Nothing But Fool's Gold

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

shiksa posted:

Real, totally not coerced trump u review:

I weep for the souls of the dead who did not have an opportunity to partake in the majesty of trump university. Truly a fate worse than the vilest circle of hell.

"Here power failed my high imagining;
but, like a smoothly moving wheel, that TRUMP
was now revolving my desire and will,
which moves the sun and all the other stars."

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

Nah, that was Grey Davis, who got recalled mostly over how he handled the CA energy crisis, Enron, etc. Arnold replaced him.

RACHET posted:

Gray Davis was a massive piece of poo poo too

radical meme posted:

I think your memory of this history is seriously flawed. Arnold became Governor because California had sold out to the idea of Enron style free market, privatized utilities long before. It was the Enron deliberate rolling grey outs that got Gray Davis recalled and Arnold installed as Governor.

Oh really? Then why did ARNOLD MEET WITH KEN LAY IMMEDIATELY BEFORE THE RECALL.... DUNN DUN DUNN!!!

My source on that is Gibney's "Enron: The Smartest Men in the Room" doc, but this article from the era addresses it:
http://www.utne.com/community/arnolds-enron-connection.aspx

Davis was actually trying to reign in Enron, begging Bush (who had his own Ernon ties iirc) to enforce price caps on power companies to try and stop the rolling blackouts (which we now know they intentionally caused to drive up prices).

So the truth is exactly 100% opposite from "common knowledge": Enron moves behind the scenes to get Davis recalled, Schwartzenegger takes a meeting with them and then runs against Davis based on those very energy issues. Life is bananas.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I'm not the biggest fan of how Arnold handled some stuff while in office, but I admire the man like hell and his willingness to side with LGBT and generally progressive stuff as he saw his party become more and more lunatic is what I wish more Republicans did. Sadly, any willing to do that got primaried out, and Arnie would've been too

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Man these are great 5 star reviews! Haha why release this? This is awful and points to obvious scam.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hannity is freakin out!
https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedAndrew/status/740297216062066689

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
The logic that Trump U can't be a scam because some people enjoyed it is great, half the job of running a scam is convincing your rubes that it isn't one.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

evilweasel posted:

no

the republican party can revolt and nominate whoever they want, the electors can elect whoever they want, and the president cannot fire the vp

hell, john adams got saddled with his opponent who spent his entire term plotting against him

The republican party nominates a conservative all-star as the VP and then promises to impeach Trump the second he does anything unconstitutional.

lol, trying to repeal obamacare like seven hundred god drat times apparently wasn't fighting obama hard enough

RACHET
Dec 29, 2014

by exmarx

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Oh really? Then why did ARNOLD MEET WITH KEN LAY IMMEDIATELY BEFORE THE RECALL.... DUNN DUN DUNN!!!

My source on that is Gibney's "Enron: The Smartest Men in the Room" doc, but this article from the era addresses it:
http://www.utne.com/community/arnolds-enron-connection.aspx

Davis was actually trying to reign in Enron, begging Bush (who had his own Ernon ties iirc) to enforce price caps on power companies to try and stop the rolling blackouts (which we now know they intentionally caused to drive up prices).

So the truth is exactly 100% opposite from "common knowledge": Enron moves behind the scenes to get Davis recalled, Schwartzenegger takes a meeting with them and then runs against Davis based on those very energy issues. Life is bananas.

Gray Davis appointed Aaron Persky, the Stanford rape judge.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Paul Ryan wasnt in office when anyone gave a poo poo about Rev Wright, Hannity, you dipshit

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
Nigerian prince emailers look at the demand for 35k in a snap decision or be branded a loser and failure and think "jeez man, you gotta work on it a bit."

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Homework Explainer posted:

folks, i am beginning to have buyer's remorse for my toxx

you didnt even get a trump tower out of the deal. sad!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
uhhhhhhhhhh i dont see Mark Kirk condemning the Black Panthers

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

:stare:

that's a pretty solid fuckup there

also, sucks to be anyone with a cabin near that chain locker

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Jose posted:

it was funny when someone in the alt-right thread called you out for trying the same tactics on them in gbs and you vanished for a few days

I got probated.

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

Lum_ posted:

From that link:

My guess had been that they forced extreme positivity during the courses such that if you weren't being overwhelmingly positive about everything then you weren't getting the most out of the course and were effectively refusing to learn. And when they hand out the questionnaire , everyone feels obliged to be extremely positive about it because that's what they've supposed to take away from the course. But this fits too.

edit: Actually, it fits Trump better because it's clunky and actively coercive rather than just straight up manipulative.

Perfectly Safe fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jun 7, 2016

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Three Olives posted:

The logic that Trump U can't be a scam because some people enjoyed it is great, half the job of running a scam is convincing your rubes that it isn't one.

I just enjoy that the entire defense of Trump U is basically "Hey, they loved it when it was happening. They only started hating it once it was over and realized it didn't teach them anything or yield any results." Like, even without the "they filled out the reviews early in the process and were coerced to give good grades even though the actual reviews are filled with criticism" stuff it still comes off as sleazy as hell.

The best defense I've heard a Trumper come up with was "well, all college produces people who learned nothing." Yeah, but don't you guys think liberal arts colleges are a scam?

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

RACHET posted:

Gray Davis appointed Aaron Persky, the Stanford rape judge.

Eh, gently caress him too then. gently caress all of them. The only good California politician is that guy running for their Senate who is campaigning on the platform that we're all going to die.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

shiksa posted:

Man these are great 5 star reviews! Haha why release this? This is awful and points to obvious scam.

It just goes to show how nice people are

Still gave a five star review even though they tried to push her to spend 35k and told her she'd fail if she didn't

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I paid a bunch of money to be told that I'm going to fail if I don't pay some more.

5/5

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Paul Ryan wasnt in office when anyone gave a poo poo about Rev Wright, Hannity, you dipshit

I assume Hannity believes Ryan and everyone else should be screaming about all these things all the time because its what he's made his life about. The fact that Hannity hasn't actually accomplished anything through this except maybe getting Trump nominated is really just evidence that if only Ryan and McConnell had been doing it than they would have impeached Obama and saved this country!

I can never tell if Hannity is unwell or just simply a total moron. I lean towards the latter.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Eh, gently caress him too then. gently caress all of them. The only good California politician is that guy running for their Senate who is campaigning on the platform that we're all going to die.

Jerry Brown's awesome and I won't hear otherwise.:colbert:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
they took my thumbs, 5/5

gregday
May 23, 2003

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I paid a bunch of money to be told that I'm going to fail if I don't pay some more.

5/5

Trump U / Scientology link establishd

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
The Trump presser tonight should be really loving good

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

they took my thumbs, 5/5

I can't wait for "Review, Season 3."

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Starting to feel less proud of my eBay seller rating here guys.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
hey remember when "God drat America" totally torpedoed Obama and we elected McCain and Obama got sent to jail for gay sex and cocaine, because everyone gave just such a tremendous crap about the whole thing?

Sean Hannity remembers

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

hey remember when "God drat America" totally torpedoed Obama and we elected McCain and Obama got sent to jail for gay sex and cocaine, because everyone gave just such a tremendous crap about the whole thing?

Sean Hannity remembers

Reverend Wright wasn't even Muslim.

The_Raven
Jul 2, 2004

Upon this a question arises: whether it be better to be loved than feared or feared than loved?

Princess Di posted:

I wonder what your tears taste like nml2, white rage? It would probably be mistaken for Everclear from a few feet away. Don't let the summer dehydrate you because it's bottoms up come Nov 8th.

I'ma say vodka

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
Raping was very gentle 5/5 if have to be raped again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
*pounds desk* why the gently caress isnt Paul Ryan pushing for the release of the "whitey" tape?!?

• Locked thread