Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
In King of the Hill there's certain heros that just dominate.

Reaper, Zarya, Lucio and Winston are all solid picks and if you have one of each then your chances of winning have substantially increased.

Basically any hero that can take on large groups of enemies.

Zenyatta also owns if you get him too since he loving wrecks people who try to get near the point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I really hate KOTH because the meta is fairly different from every other map type (with some otherwise strong picks becoming near useless) and that meta is intensely boring. I rarely see snipers on KOTH though so at least there's that.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

So what did today's patch do? Cursory googling is bringing up stuff from weeks ago.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
the same thing as the other three patches from today

seemingly nothing

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Lady Naga posted:

I really hate KOTH because the meta is fairly different from every other map type (with some otherwise strong picks becoming near useless) and that meta is intensely boring. I rarely see snipers on KOTH though so at least there's that.

On Ilios in particular, the team comp seems to come together on autopilot in pub matches. Both teams will always have a Lucio, a Mei, a Pharah, and a Junkrat.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
Snipers are cancer. If they're bad they're useless and if they're good...

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
A Bastion PotG where he was set up as a turret on the side of point B defend in King's Row, firing at the payload as it moves to the victory line

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

We had a hilarious PotG today on a round where we won defense on Anubis. Enemy team never even got past the first gate, we had a Bastion and Widow mowing people down, I had a 19 streak with Symmetra... The PotG was our Junkrat letting his Riptire go, it getting destroyed like 5 feet away, and then a Genji reflecting two of his grenades. He literally didn't kill a single person in the clip.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
I really hate the arrow spamming gently caress in this game. I've had so many killcams where it's just some guy shooting arrows down the map at no one in particular and getting pinged by one of them.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

I really hate the arrow spamming gently caress in this game. I've had so many killcams where it's just some guy shooting arrows down the map at no one in particular and getting pinged by one of them.

Since one team picking hanzo is always followed by someone on the other team slam picking him, just think of the arrows as indiana jones style booby traps that randomly kill members of both teams.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Triple kill defending the cart with seconds left and then I leap out and intercept Junkrat midair to prevent him from touching the cart for a new timer.

But Reaper pressed Q so that's potg

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
it dumps you out after games so often, it seems like the best idea is to immediately quit the instant the match ends. you'll probably save like two minutes?

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
It seems like potg would be improved by removing the bonus it gives for using ultimates

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I got a POTG today as Reinhardt cleaving three dudes to death in the final seconds of payload defense and charging two others. I didn't use my ultimate either so it was one of the first times the POTG truly matched the play of the game.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Zombie Samurai posted:

We had a hilarious PotG today on a round where we won defense on Anubis. Enemy team never even got past the first gate, we had a Bastion and Widow mowing people down, I had a 19 streak with Symmetra... The PotG was our Junkrat letting his Riptire go, it getting destroyed like 5 feet away, and then a Genji reflecting two of his grenades. He literally didn't kill a single person in the clip.

I had a potg as symmetra yesterday where I was dead during the potg and I think one of my turrets got a kill.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

does zenyatta's orb of discord affect reinhardt's shield

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I've seen and felt like I've experienced Reinhardt taking small amounts of damage through his shield. Does that happen when it cracks? I'm talking bullet attacks, not beam weapons.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Mortimer posted:

does zenyatta's orb of discord affect reinhardt's shield
no

Xenaero posted:

I've seen and felt like I've experienced Reinhardt taking small amounts of damage through his shield. Does that happen when it cracks? I'm talking bullet attacks, not beam weapons.
no

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Xenaero posted:

symmetra orbs, reinhardt flamestrike, winston tesla go through rein's shield.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Zorodius posted:

it dumps you out after games so often, it seems like the best idea is to immediately quit the instant the match ends. you'll probably save like two minutes?

The reason it dumps you out of games is because everyone ragequits when they lose. So it's a self-fulfilling prophecy!

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Triple kill defending the cart with seconds left and then I leap out and intercept Junkrat midair to prevent him from touching the cart for a new timer.

But Reaper pressed Q so that's potg

I high nooned the last 2 people pushing the cart, which was a few meters from winning, interrupting a Hanzo Ult before it went off. I then spun around a fanned a rampaging Wilson to death, clearing the cart and ending overtime. Reaper got POTG because he held down left click spent the whole replay slowly killing two people before popping his ult and killing Mercy in the last frame earlier in the match.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
My reaper qs are always potg even if the game doesn't think so

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Well holy gently caress. I've been the worst McCree since launch. I'd pick him occasionally and would just be a detriment to my team. I sucked. Turns out because I was aiming for the head with Fan the Hammer and that poo poo can't even land headshots apparently.

Started aiming for the meat and pulling down like an AK in counterstrike and killed 26 people in a round.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

ToastyPotato posted:

I high nooned the last 2 people pushing the cart, which was a few meters from winning, interrupting a Hanzo Ult before it went off. I then spun around a fanned a rampaging Wilson to death, clearing the cart and ending overtime. Reaper got POTG because he held down left click spent the whole replay slowly killing two people before popping his ult and killing Mercy in the last frame earlier in the match.

Yikes. At least our Reaper was really good (I silvered elims at 29, he golded at 40). He just had a boring-as-poo poo POTG.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Today I saw something bizarre on my endgame score report - I had 12 points of healing as Junkrat (my career best!). I have absolutely no idea how I pulled that off. It must be something really unusual since Junkrat is by far my most played character and this is the first time it's happened. Anyone know what I did??

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
Had a couple of hilarious matches last night. One where our entire team just went "gently caress it" and chose Soldier 76. We steamrolled the enemy team - utterly dominated. The following game, on defence, we went 3 Bastions and 3 Reins so each deathcannon got a personal shield. Hilariously, the enemy team after their crushing previous defeat decided to play along and went 100% Pharahs and got decimated by our shredding anti-air capabilities. With 30 seconds on the clock one of them switched to Genji and he caused enough fuckery that they captured the point, which led them to changing things up a bit and eventually forming a proper team. We stuck with our Rein/Bastion squad and lost the game in overtime, it was a real nailbiter.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Regy Rusty posted:

Today I saw something bizarre on my endgame score report - I had 12 points of healing as Junkrat (my career best!). I have absolutely no idea how I pulled that off. It must be something really unusual since Junkrat is by far my most played character and this is the first time it's happened. Anyone know what I did??

maybe it was like a harmony orb that didn't quite disappear when you swapped off to junkrat? idk

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

maybe it was like a harmony orb that didn't quite disappear when you swapped off to junkrat? idk

Not possible since I don't play as Zenyatta

I'm 90% sure it was a match in which I didn't play anyone but Junkrat, but I guess it's possible it was some sort of glitch where I switched off of Lucio or something.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

ToastyPotato posted:

Reaper's ultimate getting PoTG is your team's punishment for not paying attention, because he is loud as gently caress and super easy to force into wraith form.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Which D.Va skin do you guys think is best? I'll probably buy one of the 1000 coin ones since I have nothing for her, but good skins for all the other characters I like.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Slowpoke! posted:

Which D.Va skin do you guys think is best? I'll probably buy one of the 1000 coin ones since I have nothing for her, but good skins for all the other characters I like.

All of her 1000 blizzbux ones are good, though I prefer Junebug and Scavenger. The 250 coin black mech one is also a fine option.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Reaper's ultimate getting PoTG is your team's punishment for not paying attention, because he is loud as gently caress and super easy to force into wraith form.

He was our Reaper :negative:

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

ToastyPotato posted:

He was our Reaper :negative:

Everyone suffers when someone locks in Reaper.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

I just got a sweet as gently caress quintuple Reaper kill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbZC0bH-Rnk

I don't know how to make that into a smooth GIF otherwise I would

Edit: Apparently it recorded the audio of FRIENDS episode playing in the background too...

Edit: Made the GIF

https://gfycat.com/RawAgonizingHare

Atheist Sunglasses fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jun 8, 2016

fortocero
Jul 23, 2007

I could feel his muscle tissues collapse under my force. It's ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm.

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

I just got a sweet as gently caress quintuple Reaper kill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbZC0bH-Rnk

I don't know how to make that into a smooth GIF otherwise I would

Edit: Apparently it recorded the audio of FRIENDS episode playing in the background too...

I feel like when it says Play of the Game McCree, it should give you a clue as to what hero you're playing. Hint: it's not reaper.

Here's my reaper POTG in which I don't use Q at all, solo killing 5 dudes on the last point in overtime with nothing but M1 and a bad attitude.

https://streamable.com/dm86

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

fortocero posted:

I feel like when it says Play of the Game McCree, it should give you a clue as to what hero you're playing. Hint: it's not reaper.

Here's my reaper POTG in which I don't use Q at all, solo killing 5 dudes on the last point in overtime with nothing but M1 and a bad attitude.

I am leaving my egregious error because I deserve public shaming

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

chumbler posted:

All of her 1000 blizzbux ones are good, though I prefer Junebug and Scavenger. The 250 coin black mech one is also a fine option.

I'm still sad my second box in the open beta had her Scavenger skin. The only cool thing I've gotten since release is Junkrat's I CAN FLY intro.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

fortocero posted:

when there is a reaper in my backline, I like to shoot at him

I may miss, but I like to at least try

good to see there are other philosophies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Slowpoke! posted:

I couldn't choose between the 4 legendaries because they are all so sweet so I rolled a die for it

Scavenger won and I realized in my heart that's the one I had hoped would win because it is the sweetest

both epics are also excellent