Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

"Do a hype video for the match we just did on this show. Because I'm Vince McMahon, drat it!"

Tonight's opening undercard bout at the Royal Rumble Pay Per View, the Royal Rumble match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

"Do a hype video for the match we just did on this show. Because I'm Vince McMahon, drat it!"

2016 actually runs the shows from the bottom up, so Sheamus won the world title and then won the royal rumble for shits and giggles.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Testekill posted:

2016 actually runs the shows from the bottom up, so Sheamus won the world title and then won the royal rumble for shits and giggles.

This is even better.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
He's been the champion for 11 months now as well. And HHH and Stephanie just got divorced. This WWE is going to be a fun one

edit: Their current storylines are Roman Reigns vs Adam Cole, John Cena vs The Miz, Seth Rollins vs Sheamus, and Moose vs Randy Orton

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I feel like they have done a similar thing? I remember some shows would end with a highlight reel of the show set to the show's theme song, like you'd get on Raw. Was that an Attitude Era thing?

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Testekill posted:

The Hulk Hogan Special.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

remusclaw posted:

It's worse than that, the only Japanese wrestling games they made in that period during their ownership were the two Wrestle Kingdom games.

I mean, that sounds a little less weird to me, the Japanese wrestling game scene seems to be pretty much Fire Pro territory. I'm just genuinely shocked they never tried to get a WWE vs. NJPW theme for one of the games while they pretty much owned NJPW.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Firepro is all we got in the States but there was a relatively sizable amount of Wrestling games being made at one point. Yukes were making the Toukon Retsuden games simultaneously with the early Smackdown games, and while they apparently played pretty differently, these games were the reason why there were so many Puro moves in the early Smackdowns. Other than the PlayStation classic release of Firepro R, the only Japanese wrestling game to make it to the last gen was the first Wrestle Kingdom on the X Box 360, as 2 was strangely released only on the PS2. 2007 is the last year any company made a Japanese Wrestling game.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Playing a real world mod. Vince McMahon dies in 2018 and Stephanie replaces him as owner. Stephanie wants me to push Dash Wilder and Aiden English.

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014

rovert posted:

Playing a real world mod. Vince McMahon dies in 2018 and Stephanie replaces him as owner. Stephanie wants me to push Dash Wilder and Aiden English.

Push Dash Wilder?

SAY YEA!

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

rovert posted:

Hmm...maybe Shane wasn't the one with the terrible ideas afterall

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

rovert posted:

I see nothing wrong with this.

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
Is there somewhere I can just go to see modern roster TEW 2016 stuff? Preferably one consistent playthrough. Everything I've seen posted here so far is gold.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Clockwork Rocktapus posted:

Is there somewhere I can just go to see modern roster TEW 2016 stuff? Preferably one consistent playthrough. Everything I've seen posted here so far is gold.

Playing a real world game is great just to see the insane stuff that happens in the AI controlled companies. TNA just tried really hard to sign Dean Ambrose, but he stuck with WWE, where he's unfortunately an opening card act left behind by his brothers Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns who have reformed The Shield to feud with the unholy alliance of Sheamus, Kevin Owens, and Adam Cole.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

rovert posted:

Part of me always wants to play as booker just to see who the owner wants me to push. Then when I do it they give me some stupid goal like.
*Do not sign any worker with psychology 53 or below.

To which I'm just like 'Or I can start a new game as owner and not get my ability to sign young workers to developmental contracts completely hamstrung'.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

ChrisBTY posted:

Part of me always wants to play as booker just to see who the owner wants me to push. Then when I do it they give me some stupid goal like.
*Do not sign any worker with psychology 53 or below.

To which I'm just like 'Or I can start a new game as owner and not get my ability to sign young workers to developmental contracts completely hamstrung'.

Heaven forbid you what to sign a Psychopath Luchadore over the age of 38 and who has had trouble with the law.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

rovert posted:

What do the raisins tell you?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Marquis de Pyro posted:

In my game TNA tried to sign The Miz from WWE but lost the bidding war. I did manage to outbid WWE for Neville and William Regal so the game might still have some issues with wrestlers valuing short term money over working for WWE rather than a regional sized indy

Eh I dunno, wrestlers being dumb about money and thinking in the short term sounds about right to me

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Howling Man posted:

Push Dash Wilder?

SAY YEA!

Wait... is he the better one? I love the Revival, but good god is it nearly impossible to remember who's who.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Gaz-L posted:

Wait... is he the better one? I love the Revival, but good god is it nearly impossible to remember who's who.

I like OSW's mnemonic: Scott Dawson looks like the son of Arn Anderson, he's the bald one with the chops. Dash is... the other one.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Just to let my psp posting pals know the Xbox 1 version of fallout 4 deluxe bundle is 0.00. Not sure if it's gonna get taken away but it's dkwnloading right now

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Sheamus hits the 1 year mark as WWE Champion by putting on an A* match

edit: The reign of Sheamus is ended by Chris Jericho at the 2018 Rumble. John Cena then wins the Rumble match to theoretically set up Cena/Jericho as the Wrestlemania main event.

Marquis de Pyro fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Jun 10, 2016

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

hosed Up

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

If this had happened in my game I'd have put my world title on him, but instead WWE re-signed him for a ton of money

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I love the mid year awards in TEW. Lash Leroux won the indy wrestler of the year award.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

triplexpac posted:

I love the mid year awards in TEW. Lash Leroux won the indy wrestler of the year award.

That's cool. I'd love it if the Universe mode in 2K16 did something like this.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

So, I've generally been a pretty nice guy boss - I'm cheating like a bastard, so I'm giving out bonuses like they were candy. I assume the reason I'm moving towards loyalty but not much for velvet is cause I gave Brian Kendrick poo poo a couple of times when he showed up too stoned to work instead of letting it slide. Will I still unlock motivational speeches if I keep moving that meter down but not left?

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

If it's anything like 13 you have to be in the velvet glove and respect quad to get those.
Which sucks, because I'm probably not getting those in this version. One of the subtler changes from '16 is making the 'nice guy' options make you feel less 'nice' and more 'like a total pushover'.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

This is the cheat to set your user image to use motivational speeches if you don't give enough of a gently caress

Just type in uwillrespectme on the remote assistance page

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

The newfound intensity / fragility of handling backstage drama does sort of break the system in place - whoever's meanest rules the roost, and if it's not you then it's the Tripses of the world. Unless you're actively keeping troublemakers off your roster you're bound to come down hard (by the game's standards) or else find your locker room spiraling into pandemonium.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Basic Chunnel posted:

The newfound intensity / fragility of handling backstage drama does sort of break the system in place - whoever's meanest rules the roost, and if it's not you then it's the Tripses of the world. Unless you're actively keeping troublemakers off your roster you're bound to come down hard (by the game's standards) or else find your locker room spiraling into pandemonium.

I had someone pull a tasteless prank on another worker, and as it was their 5th offense or so, I fired them. The victim then got angry at my 'overreaction' so I fired them too. Seems the best way to deal with stuff in this version

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...
If you were on the fence for 2k16 it is going to have a free three day trial starting tomorrow for xbox gold members http://www.ubergizmo.com/2016/06/wwe-2k16-goes-free-for-xbox-live-members-starting-june-16th/

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

If you were on the fence, stay on the side where you don't waste your money.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
Thanks for the answers re: motivational speeches in TEW 2016. I'll probably end up putting that code in at some point to check it out since I probably won't be enough of a push over to unlock it.

Anybody do their own custom merch settings? I've been doing them for a couple of months now and I'm increased my gross income a decent bit, but I've increased my costs a whole lot more. I'm working on the assumption that since there's the same number of them that the level of merch push should match how well their doing sales wise, is that right?

Fantastic - Very High
Good - High
Average - Medium
Weak - Low
Awful - Very Low

Gooses and Geeses
Jan 1, 2005

OH GOD WHY DIDN'T I LISTEN?
Neat TEW feature:

1) Start a new game or copy your save. You don't want to do this to your real save or a game you're invested in.
2) Open up remote assistance and type "Parachute"
3) Advance a day
4) Enjoy

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Perry Normal posted:

Thanks for the answers re: motivational speeches in TEW 2016. I'll probably end up putting that code in at some point to check it out since I probably won't be enough of a push over to unlock it.

Anybody do their own custom merch settings? I've been doing them for a couple of months now and I'm increased my gross income a decent bit, but I've increased my costs a whole lot more. I'm working on the assumption that since there's the same number of them that the level of merch push should match how well their doing sales wise, is that right?

Fantastic - Very High
Good - High
Average - Medium
Weak - Low
Awful - Very Low

I don't bother making merch for any worker whose return is categorized at 'weak' or 'awful'.
Also keep in mind faces move more merch than heels.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Gooses and Geeses posted:

Neat TEW feature:

1) Start a new game or copy your save. You don't want to do this to your real save or a game you're invested in.
2) Open up remote assistance and type "Parachute"
3) Advance a day
4) Enjoy

When I try this, it returns a message about that code not being valid in TEW2016.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Rodney the Piper posted:

When I try this, it returns a message about that code not being valid in TEW2016.

Do you have the updated files?

Gooses and Geeses
Jan 1, 2005

OH GOD WHY DIDN'T I LISTEN?
Well, it definitely used to work when the game was just released.

Let me investigate. Sorry for the useless posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Gooses and Geeses posted:

Well, it definitely used to work when the game was just released.

Let me investigate. Sorry for the useless posts.

Yeah, I tried it and got nothing. What did the code do?