Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Ooh. Just saw this. Remember those unused Travel Foreman Stargirl and Animal Man designs?
He just released a bunch more of them https://issuu.com/zuerst/docs/jlu.sketchbook.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Jun 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Is that from twenty years ago, or did someone actually sit down recently and decide that the headsock needed to make a comeback?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Honestly, I quite like the Silver motif rather than the old Red/Yellow

The Silver/white Lightning is going to be indistinguishable and dumb thing to design into a character but I think that costume looks sharp.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

It's so monochrome. With his red hair and two slightly different shades of red on the costume and the white lightning, it's just all red. I don't know what I'd put on there to break it up but I just don't like it as it is.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The easiest way to break it up is to make his costume have armpit piping.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ghostlight posted:

The easiest way to break it up is to make his costume have armpit piping.

No, the easiest way to break it up is more silver lightning.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.
Guys, guys, guys...Lightning-shaped piping.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Chaos Hippy posted:

Guys, guys, guys...Lightning-shaped piping.

Where've you been?

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.
Studiously avoiding the majority of DC comics.

E: Besides, it's not in his armpits.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Chaos Hippy posted:

E: Besides, it's not in his armpits.

Aside from the bits around his armpits.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Skwirl posted:

Aside from the bits around his armpits.

Those are his costume's armpits.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I like it, the exposed hair smacks of early 90s Image designs.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

The phrase "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" must be to DC creatives like garlic is to vampires

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I think a lot of DC's problems in the past 30 years are due to not being able to accept Marvel making slightly more money than them. Our thing is doing fine but not quite as well as the competitor's thing? TIME TO CHANGE EVERYTHING!

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
It's not like that's a pure creative or fanboy decision though, DC apparently keeps getting fix-it or else ultimatums from the parent company. Warner keeps seeing the meager profit margins and asking "Why are we wasting money on this when we can't even brag about beating Marvel?"

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

All of DC's current editorial/corporate problems really makes it look like it's still the 60's, where Marvel is just having fun making comics, and the Distinguished Competition is a clumsy corporate machine.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

It what I still think is Chris Sim's best essay, he goes into the 'DC constantly trying to be more like Marvel' over the years here: http://comicsalliance.com/dc-comics-marvel-golden-age-silver-age-comics-history/

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Lurdiak posted:

I think a lot of DC's problems in the past 30 years are due to not being able to accept Marvel making slightly more money than them. Our thing is doing fine but not quite as well as the competitor's thing? TIME TO CHANGE EVERYTHING!
:capitalism:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Superstring posted:

It what I still think is Chris Sim's best essay, he goes into the 'DC constantly trying to be more like Marvel' over the years here: http://comicsalliance.com/dc-comics-marvel-golden-age-silver-age-comics-history/

There's so much good stuff in there.

"...so DC sends a space cop with a magic wishing ring and a Robin Hood cosplayer on a trip across the country because one of them didn’t know racism existed and the other didn’t know drugs existed...

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

HEY COSTUMES!
from the Injustice 2 trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOZqQtFw5E8

Superman

Supergirl

Aquaman

Atrocitus + Dex-Starr :)

Grodd

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
There's a ton about that Superman costume that's terrible, but that... demi-headsock(?) is so awful that I'm actually delighted by its badness.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Atrocitus just looks like a red guy and not monstrous, that's kind of lame.

I hate that thing on supes head

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Acne Rain posted:

Atrocitus just looks like a red guy and not monstrous, that's kind of lame.

There's some demon transformation in the trailer (that's even more like Doom than anything resembling the comic.)
On the other hand they gave him Dex-Starr floating around the whole time, so I'll forgive anything.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Claymation is a bold direction to take

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

You're not just getting one Injustice Costume! Everyones supposeldy getting whole sets of Super Armor! I for one cannot wait to play as Cyborg

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

That is the single ugliest thing I've seen all year

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You should be reading Squirrel Girl man, it's pretty good.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Total Injustice! Every body gets Fractal Armor!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Did they let Jim Lee design their video game characters?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Aphrodite posted:

You should be reading Squirrel Girl man, it's pretty good.

:boom:

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Why would you armor your entire body but then leave the dick and balls in spandex. DC is really pushing the bulge physics this season

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Did they let Jim Lee design their video game characters?

Actually, yes. At least a few of them for the first game.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

There's definitely a cup in there.
If you look at the profile, the armor's all separate pieces on top of material. Don't stab his tummy :ohdear:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

How do you gently caress up so badly you end up with Superman wearing gloves and a headsock

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Teenage Fansub posted:

There's definitely a cup in there.
If you look at the profile, the armor's all separate pieces on top of material. Don't stab his tummy :ohdear:

The thing about this game is that you're supposed to mix and match armor pieces that you get as random drops from battles.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Holy poo poo, every single one of those is abysmal.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

I wonder if Dex Starr is a random drop piece of equipment or part of the default atrocitus

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

The thing about this game is that you're supposed to mix and match armor pieces that you get as random drops from battles.

Ooh. Now I'm excited about making them look as stupid as possible :)

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Mover posted:

I wonder if Dex Starr is a random drop piece of equipment or part of the default atrocitus

I hope Dex Starr is a slot we get to customize, so we can put him in little cat armor :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

There's really no way to spin those costumes in a positive way. I can only hope that every character has a classic alt. I know I'm glad that in the first game I was able to play as this Bane:

and not this one:

• Locked thread