Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Recoome posted:

Mm yessss this dumb racist person must be mentall ill. OF COURSE it's mental illness I mean what else could it be

I can't tell whether you're upset that I unfairly characterised mental illness or racism but: what everyone else said. I don't even think that little police office is a proper station, they're probably working it on a rotation from the station down Flinders Lane, and they recognised him. Nobody needs to be there that often to be recognised (unless they work there), much less recognised as a serial racist pest. Even the goths/emos/subculture of choice don't really hang out at Flinders St Station anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

SynthOrange you may have mentioned it but what was the cause of the filming/full body contact?

stirlo
Aug 12, 2007

SynthOrange posted:

Thinking back on it now it was probably pretty funny to people watching because I jumped on the train, he jumped on, I jumped off, he followed. Its like the stupid hall of doors gag on scooby doo with an asian and a fat piece of poo poo.

IANALALA but as far as I know, if you're on private property someone can't just shoot photos of you especially when you're refusing or not giving explicit permission. Haven't a few people been jailed or at least fined for Creep Shots on public transport, shopping malls etc? If it was on the open street they can take a photo, but you might want to speak to a lawyer and flip it back on them, not have to pay any damages and possibly get some yourself?

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

I met him the other day, nice dude, would be a really good mp, I think. But he's aware it's Windsors contest to win, his entire speech was "preference me then your preferred independent!"

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

stirlo posted:

IANALALA but as far as I know, if you're on private property someone can't just shoot photos of you especially when you're refusing or not giving explicit permission. Haven't a few people been jailed or at least fined for Creep Shots on public transport, shopping malls etc? If it was on the open street they can take a photo, but you might want to speak to a lawyer and flip it back on them, not have to pay any damages and possibly get some yourself?

I think they can. Creep shots are illegal for other reasons. http://www.artslaw.com.au/info-sheets/info-sheet/street-photographers-rights/

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

:toot:

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe

Starshark posted:

If he keeps doing it after being arrested over and over then surely something must be up in the head department.
Incorrect. If they keep doing it then they are just shitheads who hate people more than they care about the consequences.

Seriously, this kind of "X does something I don't like/agree with and gets in trouble over and over again, therefore they are mentally ill/unstable" thing is a good part of the reason there is such a strong stigma against mental illness, and part of the reason it took me ten years to finally get diagnosed with clinical depression and start getting treatment, by which time I was almost suicidal.

You cannot label someone as mentally ill or deficient just because you do not understand why they are motivated to do things.

Pickled Tink fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Jun 8, 2016

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Kat Delacour posted:

I can't tell whether you're upset that I unfairly characterised mental illness or racism

Being racist or being a criminal doesn't mean you have a mental illness, and having a mental illness doesn't make you racist/a criminal.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

No sorry hang on, everyone who disagrees with me has schizophrenia/homosexuality is a mental illness.

yeah thats it

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Actually it's about ethics in racist poo poo heel journalism.

Quasimango
Mar 10, 2011

God damn you.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Recoome posted:

No sorry hang on, everyone who disagrees with me has schizophrenia/homosexuality is a mental illness.

I don't think it's his ideology that is symptomatic of something not being quite right but rather the fact he hangs around a train station trying to starts fights over it.

Pickled Tink posted:

You cannot label someone as mentally ill or deficient just because you do not understand why they are motivated to do things.

This is the response to what I'm actually trying to say, so w/e. I wasn't trying to suggest that everyone with clinical depression is a secret racist or something, just that it's a loving weird choice of hobby.

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
First Dog:

Kittens:

Several kittens are missing because they are very sick.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

He's consistent, I'll give him that.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Kat Delacour posted:

I don't think it's his ideology that is symptomatic of something not being quite right but rather the fact he hangs around a train station trying to starts fights over it.

This is the response to what I'm actually trying to say, so w/e. I wasn't trying to suggest that everyone with clinical depression is a secret racist or something, just that it's a loving weird choice of hobby.

it's a pretty pro diagnosis over the internet from a victim account

LibertyCat
Mar 5, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois
I am pissed at Turnbull because David Leyonhjelm is my favorite senator (Mitch Fifield is #2) and the DD means we lose a great man. Thanks to the Senate changes the era of fun microparties is dead.

On another note whose the hottest pollie this time round? Is it still the delightful Mrs Waters, or is there a new contender for the title?

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
:thumbsup:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Bill Shortens wont remove the tampon tax :shrug:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Anidav posted:

Bill Shortens wont remove the tampon tax :shrug:

Yeah, that was disappointing. He's been pretty good otherwise I think, although I guess that's not too difficult when he's up there by himself and can take more time

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Isn't Malcolm not showing up kinda damaging to Malcolm or does no one care about Sky News?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Regional resettlement
There's that word again
Does the region involve Australia?
Why is that question never asked?

loving coward.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Turnbull was on 7.30 and I thought it was a trainwreck. Not for Turnbull though, for Sales. loving 10 minutes spent asking questions about polls. Who gives a poo poo? Ask about climate change, the great barrier reef, loving anything else that a voter might actually want to hear about.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Anidav posted:

Isn't Malcolm not showing up kinda damaging to Malcolm or does no one care about Sky News?

It's a terrible idea for Malcolm because no one cares about Sky News, but other media outlets are probably going to run stories on how much of a loser he is for not showing up.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Anidav posted:

It does seem like it would be a little damaging, plus it sounds like his 7:30 thing didn't go great for him either but I bet no one cares

I'm pretty curious about what this facebook debate is going to look like and how it's going to be different than if he just went on qanda next week with Shorten and they did a bunch of video questions

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

The facebook debate is a terrible idea because the LNP will use its astroturfing army to make facebook robots ask favourable questions.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Pickled Tink posted:

Several kittens are missing because they are very sick.

They're probably sick of you posting first dog on the moon all the loving time.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

gay picnic defence posted:

They're probably sick of you posting first dog on the moon all the loving time.

:eyepop:

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Shoutout to the guy who spent the entire first episode of The Chaser's Election Desk sitting sideways for the sake of a visual gag :australia:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Ettin posted:

Shoutout to the guy who spent the entire first episode of The Chaser's Election Desk sitting sideways for the sake of a visual gag :australia:

Yeah, that was well done

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

It's a terrible idea for Malcolm because no one cares about Sky News, but other media outlets are probably going to run stories on how much of a loser he is for not showing up.

Sad!

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I didn't laugh once at the Chaser.

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008
Anidav watched the UK the chaser lol

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

sick of Applebees fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Jun 8, 2016

Granite Octopus
Jun 24, 2008

It was ok, mad as hell is still better. Also the weird background noise to make it seem like a room full of activity (even when they cut away to other footage) was distracting.

Brayds2006
Aug 21, 2011

Anidav posted:

I didn't laugh once at the Chaser.

I laughed like four times. It was OK, but they're really past their peak now.

Granite Octopus posted:

Also the weird background noise to make it seem like a room full of activity (even when they cut away to other footage) was distracting.

This too. Also that the Chaser seems to be made up of around 15 people now. Which is hard to keep up with, especially when every second line is said by a different person.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

The jokes felt old, and maybe that's because i follow politics.

Brayds2006
Aug 21, 2011
I think a lot of the humour was very obvious, as in I could see the set-up from a mile away. I can't work out if that's because their standards have slipped or I've simply gotten older and I just notice these flaws more.

It's the latter isn't it?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Nah, I think because everyone is so loving boring these days that Howard's eyebrows cannot hold them up anymore.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Even for a Dav post that makes zero sense.

Brayds2006
Aug 21, 2011
I don't know, I think Mad as Hell does a great job with what they've been given, even if it is approached with a more surreal slant than the Chaser. It might be that Social Media has ruined our expectations. Jokes about politics are a dime a dozen on Twitter. Waiting up to a week for one of these shows to air in this current landscape takes away from that experience I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ora Tzo
Feb 26, 2016

HEEEERES TONYYYY
If only that meant they would up their stunts.

• Locked thread