Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Vlad is really not doing so hot in Korea so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

They aren't (or weren't, i haven't actually watched much lck lately) building protobelt on him either

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
He's a short-range mage with limited cc and an awful laning phase, he's always been pretty easy to counter-pick

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

rabidsquid posted:

They aren't (or weren't, i haven't actually watched much lck lately) building protobelt on him either

Last game they did. And even had a better laning phase (keeping up in CS anyway). But iirc that's also where faker got a solo tower dive kill with annivia and only a tear on the Vlad.

ROX gave Bang Sivir and Bengi wasn't Beongi (even on Graves) so that was pretty much the end of it right there.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Vlad still has all the same problems where all he can actually do is slowly walk towards you and do some aoe damage if you aren't a mile ahead or if you didn't draft a really heavy engage team to force them to actually fight you with his ult on.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
It's cool to watch vlad do half an adc's hp with protobelt and visage

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
If you can't punish a Vlad pick you got a lovely comp

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Libertine posted:

If you can't punish a Vlad pick you got a lovely comp
Incidentally I can see Darshan winning a lot of games with Vlad this season.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

RealFoxy posted:

Incidentally I can see Darshan Huhi winning losing a lot of games with Vlad this season.

Fixed this to better reflect reality

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Meteos says the reason for the pause in the Echo Fox/Cloud9 game was a loud obnoxious beeping in their headsets. Echo Fox called for the pause and they took their headsets off until it was fixed, while Meteos says that officials instructed Cloud9 not to remove their headsets. It's possible that Riot didn't know it was affecting Cloud9 too, but without Hai's Shotcalling to tell the referee there was an obnoxious loud beeping noise that was giving them all headaches, they just sat there in silence the entire pause duration subjected to torture.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

hosed up of Riot to target them in such a way

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I'm pretty sure they were allowed to talk during the pause, Jatt or whoever was casting even pointed it out and clarified that since the pause was taking so long the referees allowed the teams to continue to talk

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

henkman posted:

I'm pretty sure they were allowed to talk during the pause, Jatt or whoever was casting even pointed it out and clarified that since the pause was taking so long the referees allowed the teams to continue to talk
He said the referee instructed Cloud9 not to talk and that the "Issue was being handled" which is where the confusion from Cloud9 came from (Assuming that the referee's knew about the beeping issue)

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
You think meteos would be more comfortable with loud obnoxious noise in his head sets, on account of being a player on cloud 9.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
"Ref I need a pause, this headset is way too dank"

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

That's so troll, dude

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I just can't believe they put up with loud beeping in their headsets for ten minutes and never bothered to complain to a referee. They really are hopeless without Hai

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

The rule is dumb. I wouldn't even want to talk about the game necessarily, just to talk at some point during the 5 minute span. I don't think the teams would benefit that much from talking in the first place.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

One time Azubu Frost cheated the greatest team in the world TSM out of their deserving win at Season 2 World's by looking at the giant minimap behind them while in a long pause so you see,

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
It's what they deserved for stabbing Dignitas in the back smdh

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Killed By Death posted:

Also, holy loving poo poo, the new lolesports website is complete garbage.

Good news, you can still access the old, sane layout at http://www.lolesports.com/en_US/eu-lcs/eu_2016_summer/schedule/default

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

Yeah I mean it was obvious to everyone that a team with SoaZ probably wasn't a good fit with Forgiven but holy poo poo did that go really badly really fast

As someone who's not very versed in pro League (i.e. my level of knowledge is "Doublelift probably has an ego the size of a planet" and not much else), what's the beef between SoaZ and Forgiven?

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Cheap Trick posted:

As someone who's not very versed in pro League (i.e. my level of knowledge is "Doublelift probably has an ego the size of a planet" and not much else), what's the beef between SoaZ and Forgiven?

soaz doesn't play league at all outside of scrims (if he ever does play solo queue he just used to play adc or top lane blitzcrank), whereas forgiven has always practiced far too much and usually expects the same from his team mates

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Soaz and Forgiven are also two players very prone to their emotions so I'm sure that would have caused issues too.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
*watches skt bang interview* my god this guy has no emotions at all... the perfect player...

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Lovechop posted:

*watches skt bang interview* my god this guy has no emotions at all... the perfect player...

The perfeck player is Bung

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

gently caress 'em up cogcog!!!!

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

drat...Roki rekt cogcog

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

rabidsquid posted:

The perfeck player is Bung

bung has been nigh unstoppable since the frog baseball patch of worlds 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

What's funny is that Samsung is undefeated, largely due to BUNG. He loves that one song by MC 9000 ft Dyrus

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

This skit about Cho Eun Jung is cute

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

what a gank, only koreans can play at a level this high. kt rolster!!!

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Gorilla on Taric :)

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Reddit is suggesting that teams be shown the first 6 dragons to spawn so they can draft around them. I say maybe only 3 dragons because 6 is pretty much all of them but it's still a good idea imo

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Sexpansion posted:

Gorilla on Taric :)

Not a very good showing so far

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

Cheap Trick posted:

To be clear, there isn't any kind of long-standing beef between Soaz and Forgiven, they just have well-known tendencies that would inevitably make tgem clash in a team environment (as above posters have pointed out).

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

rabidsquid posted:

what a gank, only koreans can play at a level this high. kt rolster!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWZJomQ73KA

stump collector
May 28, 2007
pro click

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Someone made an interesting post with elo calculations on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/4n2yai/global_professional_elo_20112016/

interesting to find out that sheep is the worst player of all time

here is the full list

http://pastebin.com/ZinLBCUi

xpecial is 27 and bjergsen is 181, so maybe this somehow rates early losses incredibly hard. For example, darshan is ranked super high but should have logged a bunch of "bad losses" on GGU. Maybe he didn't account for the namechange

stump collector fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jun 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Wolf higher than Bang. Interesting

• Locked thread