Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

well apparently i'm getting a beta and I didn't even expect that

hooray

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
If you really want that demo and you haven't backed you can still get it by backing on the website before June 13.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Nate RFB posted:

I don't like how the chests look against the backgrounds but otherwise that looks cool as heck.

I thought this at first too but it actually does a lot to highlight that those are probably things you interact with and get poo poo from. It's a good thing, even if it doesn't look so great.

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.
I'm just assuming those aren't quite finished or are placeholders. Now that I know this is how you get to the castle I hope they're tech fancy enough to "sell" the ship getting closer and closer, maybe getting the damage it has in the preview video from attacking monsters as you move from room to room.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

timeandtide posted:

I'm just assuming those aren't quite finished or are placeholders. Now that I know this is how you get to the castle I hope they're tech fancy enough to "sell" the ship getting closer and closer, maybe getting the damage it has in the preview video from attacking monsters as you move from room to room.

That sounds like a level of work beyond what a demo typically gets. Wouldn't be surprised if the majority of the level just used the shaky cam to give the feeling of motion, then perhaps the boss room will have a special trick like crashing into a rocky shore or something.

timeandtide posted:

Honestly, I'm shocked to hear they already have a demo going or are ready to show anything at all. I was expecting a delay in the next few months and then a slow trickle of test footage; maybe putting that money to your game instead of trying to find another game and/or anime franchise empire is what does it.

It shouldn't be that shocking, it's already been a year since the kickstarter was funded, and it's not like Iga isn't known for doing games in fairly tight deadlines. (the six GBA/DS Castlevanias were released over eight years)

But yeah, keeping on task instead of preplanning a franchise that doesn't exist would lead to a game that's more polished looking and on schedule to boot.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
That Dev update video looks great. I kinda want to go from 28 bucks backer to 60 for the demo.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

voltcatfish posted:

3 is worth playing just to see skytown

still thought it was breathtaking even in 2011 when I played it

Wii was my first console of that gen, back before I had an HDTV, and Mario Galaxy 1 and Prime 3 honestly blew me away. They looked so good, until you upgrade to an HDTV and all Wii games look like garbage all of a sudden.

Prime 3 also controlled great, it was imo the only good use of the Wiimote. I guess now you can control all 3 games with it because of MP Trilogy.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here's some off-screen footage of the upcoming demo:
http://plainstar.info/footage1.mp4

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
Would love to have a demo on PS4, but I imagine that would be difficult to do in the current phase. It's probably most optimized for PCs at this point, and it's probably more difficult to release a demo for a game that won't be out for another year outside Steam. Final Fantasy XV is the only game I've heard of doing that in the past few years, and that was more of a bonus for buying Type-0 HD.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
God, that looks great- I sincerely hope the movement stays that slow and deliberate.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Discendo Vox posted:

God, that looks great- I sincerely hope the movement stays that slow and deliberate.

It's paced exactly like a Castlevania game, deliberately, so I can't see them changing it.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Just thinking aloud, it'd be kinda cool to see a metroidvania that used Zelda 2 style combat.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
The game looks great, but after the camera panned over to Iga it completely stole my attention away.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
https://twitter.com/SwordOrWhip/status/742951891412357120

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Anonymous Robot posted:

Just thinking aloud, it'd be kinda cool to see a metroidvania that used Zelda 2 style combat.

Try the (rather stupidly named) Chronicles of Teddy, it's very Zelda 2 inspired.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Guess we know what food is gonna end up stuffed in the castle walls.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Anonymous Robot posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC72oTLQoic

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I have to admit that dish looks disturbing. When I hear Mac n Cheese I don't think of something that looks like a lasagna dish.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I played Bloodstained at E3 and goddamn that poo poo is absurdly loving Castlevania. They nailed it dead on. It feels exactly like a Iga Castlevania.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

ImpAtom posted:

I played Bloodstained at E3 and goddamn that poo poo is absurdly loving Castlevania. They nailed it dead on. It feels exactly like a Iga Castlevania.

It's not like there were any real indications to the contrary, but still great news.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pureauthor posted:

It's not like there were any real indications to the contrary, but still great news.

Yeah, but I figured I'd mention it. Basically from start to finish it is super goddamn Castlevania.

Someone on the development team has a thing for giant boobs though. The boss of the demo is a giant scylla made of stained glass who is a horrifying zombie creature but with big ol' titties.

My favorite tiny quirk: You can find Kung-Fu Shoes that let you do kicking attacks and if you equip them it actually changes Miriam's character model.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

HGH posted:

I have to admit that dish looks disturbing. When I hear Mac n Cheese I don't think of something that looks like a lasagna dish.

u r white trash

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Bloodstained devs have obviously been hanging out with the Shanta devs.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

HGH posted:

Wait, that's the Mac n Cheese? Who the hell prepares it like that?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, but I figured I'd mention it. Basically from start to finish it is super goddamn Castlevania.

Someone on the development team has a thing for giant boobs though. The boss of the demo is a giant scylla made of stained glass who is a horrifying zombie creature but with big ol' titties.

My favorite tiny quirk: You can find Kung-Fu Shoes that let you do kicking attacks and if you equip them it actually changes Miriam's character model.
That design is crazy. I'm kinda reminded of a clown though.
https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/742835853152555008

Kawasaki Nun posted:

u r white trash
It's not what it looks like in the middle east so...
Then again we use farfalle instead of macaroni here.

Alabaster White posted:

Wait, that's the Mac n Cheese? Who the hell prepares it like that?
It's either a fancy restaurant or a cheap diner doing a spin on it I guess.

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

its baked mac and cheese its like none of you are from the south

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
There's a layer of toasted cheese on top of that mac & cheese. Unfortunately I'm gonna have to start doubting IGA's judgment from here on out. It was a fun ride while it lasted.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Pneub posted:

There's a layer of toasted cheese on top of that mac & cheese. Unfortunately I'm gonna have to start doubting IGA's judgment from here on out. It was a fun ride while it lasted.

https://twitter.com/SwordOrWhip/status/742952037546098689
the next tweet on the account says he loved it.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Three Cookies posted:

its baked mac and cheese its like none of you are from the south

Where I come from (Canada), Mac n Cheese is... macaroni noodles with cheese sauce poured over it :geno:

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Well sometimes we bake macaroni in a casserole dish and pour breadcrumbs on it

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Mac and cheese is cool and good

Big ol tiddies are also cool and good

Therefore IGA is double cool and double good, for a total of quad greatness

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Baked Mac & Cheese is the bomb, I think everyone should try it once. Here, make Alton Brown's version: http://altonbrown.com/baked-macaroni-and-cheese-recipe/

I really liked that demo. I'm glad the game is shaping up the way I imagined from the original pitch. Anything can happen I guess, but I'm going to remain cautiously optimistic.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

ImpAtom posted:

This is honestly shaping up to be the best Castlevania in years. I'm so excited that Castlevania will succeed more than Mega Man ever did, mostly because I was way more into Castlevania as a kid than Mega Man.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

You know, I have to say that Iga is a really charming guy. The whole macaroni thing made me smile... and feel hungry.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Alabaster White posted:

Where I come from (Canada), Mac n Cheese is... macaroni noodles with cheese sauce poured over it :geno:

How have you people never had baked mac 'n' cheese, what restaurants are you going to??

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
I personally could do with fewer egregious breasts in my Castlevania.

FanaticalMilk posted:

How have you people never had baked mac 'n' cheese, what restaurants are you going to??

Baking mac and cheese is, I believe, at least partially a regional difference, and partially a price factor difference.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Jun 15, 2016

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

I personally could do with fewer egregious breasts in my Castlevania.

Baking mac and cheese is, I believe, at least partially a regional difference, and partially a price factor difference.

I get regional, I just always wrongfully assume people on the forum are in the U.S. But price, nah man, this isn't foie gras, any grown rear end man should be able to afford some baked mac 'n' cheese.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Now I'm expecting the final game to come out and baked mac & cheese to show up as a healing food item.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

DizzyBum posted:

Now I'm expecting the final game to come out and baked mac & cheese to show up as a healing food item.

Clearly the good word needs to be spread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Game looks good so far. Boobs are also good. Mac & cheese, not so much.

I'm getting the impression iga spent a lot of time drinking like a fish.