Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the truth
Dec 16, 2007

It's always on point. The person behind it is a comedic genius.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

So did the PS store do a stealth change? When on product pages through PS4 it takes you to a new splash page where videos autoplay in the background of whatever item you're looking at

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I was just starting to sort of get used to all the PS4 store eccentricities so it makes sense they went and made it more unwieldy for no good reason.

Seriously, why do all the console makers do this? Do people really like a choppy yet visually more complex interface more than something quick easy and straightforward? Is it just marketers that convince everyone to do this?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

axleblaze posted:

it makes sense they went and made it more unwieldy for no good reason.

The Sony Experience™.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I still don't know who convinced every game menu designer on the planet that the Metro style or whatever it's called, of just big squares all over the screen was more readable than a list with words.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I also want to know who convinced both Sony and MS that selecting letters from a single line that resets to the beginning after you pick one was better than a basic virtual keyboard. Like yes you can narrow down the list easier after each selection to reflect what's there but that still saves like no time at all compared to just using a loving virtual keyboard.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

axleblaze posted:

I also want to know who convinced both Sony and MS that selecting letters from a single line that resets to the beginning after you pick one was better than a basic virtual keyboard. Like yes you can narrow down the list easier after each selection to reflect what's there but that still saves like no time at all compared to just using a loving virtual keyboard.

You can't even type with a bluetooth keyboard like you can in every other text box. It's really dumb.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

the best option is still to use the web store, nothing has changed in that regard.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
It still amazes me how long the OE3 store has been downright broken. Like you'd think that getting that working would be some sort of priority for the seeing as it's a way people give them money. Like I bought Dustforce today and the store crashed 4 loving times in the process

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Harlock posted:

So did the PS store do a stealth change? When on product pages through PS4 it takes you to a new splash page where videos autoplay in the background of whatever item you're looking at

Yeah, they did that on the EU a while ago and then changed it back for a bit, for which I was glad because it's awful, now it's back to the new one and ugh.
The most amusing thing is how the audio still plays for the video while you're at the checkout buying something.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

axleblaze posted:

Seriously, why do all the console makers do this? Do people really like a choppy yet visually more complex interface more than something quick easy and straightforward? Is it just marketers that convince everyone to do this?

Don't forget Steam. It's a huge pile of garbage for display for no good reason now as well.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Oh yeah, did anyone mention? There's a Capcom sale going on in the US.

PS3
Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 $1.99
Breath of Fire IV $3.89
Capcom Arcade Cabinet $7.49
Capcom Combo Pack $5.99
Capcom Super Pack $9.99
Cyperbots: Fullmetal Madness (PSOne Classic) $2.99
Devil May Cry HD Collection $4.99
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen $7.49
DuckTales: Remastered $4.49
Mega Man 9 $3.99
Mega Man 10 $3.99
Mega Man Legends 2 (PSOne Classic) $2.49
Okami HD $5.59
Remember Me $5.99
Resident Evil $9.99
Resident Evil 0 $15.99
Resident Evil 4 $9.99
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition $14.99
Resident Evil 6 Ultimate Edition $9.79
Resident Evil Chronicles HD Collection $7.01
Resident Evil: Deluxe Origins Bundle $27.99
Resident Evil HD Bundle $11.99
Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City $4.99
Resident Evil Revelations $4.99
Resident Evil Revelations 2 $16.49
Resident Evil: Code Veronica X $4.99

PS4
Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition $17.49
DMC Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition $13.99
Mega Man Legacy Collection $ 10.04
Resident Evil $11.99
Resident Evil 0 $15.99
Resident Evil 6 $15.99
Resident Evil: Deluxe Origins Bundle $27.99
Resident Evil Revelations 2 $18.89
Street Fighter V $40.19
Strider $3.74

PS Vita
Capcom Classics Collection Reloaded (PSP) $1.99
Capcom Classics Collection Remixed (PSP) $4.99
Capcom Puzzle World (PSP) $4.99
Street Fighter X Tekken $5.99

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

Saoshyant posted:

Oh yeah, did anyone mention? There's a Capcom sale going on in the US.

Oh hey, thanks!

Been meaning to play DMC.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Are there any differences between Siren and Siren: Blood Curse?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Yeah the latter is a remake of the former that attempted to have more Western appeal. It's like an American remake of a j-horror film (except the remake is also being made by Japanese people)

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

Let me fix your avisynth scripts! It'll only take me a couple horus.

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Yes. They're not the same game. The former is the PS2 original starring a completely Japanese cast of characters, the latter is a kind of 'retelling' of the original with most of the main cast being English speaking, though they're kind of in the same situation and settlement (i.e.- the setting's Japan, all the Shibito are still Japanese). Think the difference between Ringu or Ju-On and The Ring or The Grudge, respectively.

e;fb

More content: Siren Blood Curse has the honor of, as far as I know, being the second largest episodic game distributed at 13 episodes. The largest being Grimm, that quirky Katamari-like game distributed way back when GameTap was a new thing in... I think 40+ episodes?

ElTipejoLoco fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jun 8, 2016

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I only got to download 12 episodes, unless there's some secret episode 13. And I guess that's cool, but doesn't the game lose something on changing the cast like that?

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

Let me fix your avisynth scripts! It'll only take me a couple horus.

Nomadic Scholar posted:

I only got to download 12 episodes, unless there's some secret episode 13. And I guess that's cool, but doesn't the game lose something on changing the cast like that?
Well, it's not the same game. It doesn't have the exact same layout or characters, though it does have a lot of callbacks and does share a lot of elements. It's a reboot, pretty much, so... yes and no?

Anyway, I must've miscounted or maybe included the demo as a 13th because I'm a dope, you're right and it's probably just 12. It's been a while since I looked at the store.

Aren't the originals available as PS2 classics? Or is only Siren 2 available for NA territories? I can't recall if maybe it's only the EU/JP PSN stores that got both of the PS2 Sirens as downloadables.

Here's a link to the first PS2 Siren for the PS3, it looks like I had them mixed up and 2's the one that isn't on NA stores. Whoops!

ElTipejoLoco fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jun 8, 2016

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Has anyone trid the Paragon beta? Is it any good?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Has anyone trid the Paragon beta? Is it any good?

It's a moba. With bad/boring character designs which is usually the one thing mobes are good at.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

dunno if it was mentioned yet but psychonauts is available on ps4 as of today for 9.99

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

ElTipejoLoco posted:

Yes. They're not the same game. The former is the PS2 original starring a completely Japanese cast of characters, the latter is a kind of 'retelling' of the original with most of the main cast being English speaking, though they're kind of in the same situation and settlement (i.e.- the setting's Japan, all the Shibito are still Japanese). Think the difference between Ringu or Ju-On and The Ring or The Grudge, respectively.

e;fb

More content: Siren Blood Curse has the honor of, as far as I know, being the second largest episodic game distributed at 13 episodes. The largest being Grimm, that quirky Katamari-like game distributed way back when GameTap was a new thing in... I think 40+ episodes?

It's kind of not really an episodic game in the sense we know it now though, all the episodes were available on the same day and was done that way more because downloading 12GB worth of game in one go was crazy talk in 2008. I think it was the first 'retail game' sized download ever? At least on PSN.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

SIREN: Blood Curse, to my knowledge, actually went through with the Episodic release strategy in Japan but the West saw that and said "hahaha no" then put out all 12 at once.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
EU Store. Grand kingdom shows up as free. Both Vita and PS4 version
Just grabbed them. Not sure if they will work but i'm at work now, can't test it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Sefal posted:

EU Store. Grand kingdom shows up as free. Both Vita and PS4 version
Just grabbed them. Not sure if they will work but i'm at work now, can't test it.

Shows up in the receipt as "Full Game Trial".

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

kirbysuperstar posted:

Shows up in the receipt as "Full Game Trial".

Oh, that's a shame. Sry guys false alarm.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah, it's exactly the same as the closed 'beta' they did a while ago, the PS4 one even still shows up as 'purchased' for me.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Store page says "in-game purchases required" so presumably that means you download the full game for free as a demo and then buy access to the rest of the game from inside it, or something.

Also please post to let me know how good it is, I'm definitely interested.

mallamp
Nov 25, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah sure that's great *lives in Europe*
Wait, is Persona 5 really going to have different digital release date in Europe?
Uploading a file is hard -Sony 2017

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

mallamp posted:

Wait, is Persona 5 really going to have different digital release date in Europe?

Traditionally, Persona games have released quite a bit later in Europe despite no changes (games are still English-only). Distribution is very weird.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

univbee posted:

Traditionally, Persona games have released quite a bit later in Europe despite no changes (games are still English-only). Distribution is very weird.

Or MegaTen games in general. SMT4 and the 3DS Devil Survivor ports were good examples.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
I think I'll just import a hard copy from Amazon or something. Persona games, P4:DAN excepted, usually don't get a whole lot of DLC anyway.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Is it still a PAL/NTSC thing, or something else? Because that's sort of weird.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

SpacePig posted:

Nope, that's no longer a thing for games. There are complications with packaging laws for certain countries, and probably some other legal oddities which Atlus is slow to deal with.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
The Crown Prince of Europe must inspect the shipments and that takes extra time.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

mallamp posted:

SpacePig posted:

There's zero technical reason for it and it's purely Atlus being idiots, especially since they recently shitcanned their publishing partnership with NISA. (Yes, Nippon Ichi Software America was responsible for publishing Atlus games in Europe until recently. :v:)

There's the slimmest of slim hopes that now that Sega own Atlus, they'll take over EU publishing duties and we'll get STM4 Final and Persona 5 at the same time as the US but :lol: I wouldn't hold your breath considering neither have announced EU release dates.

mallamp
Nov 25, 2009

univbee posted:

poo poo. I'm not up to date to physical games, are region locks still a thing? If I order a physical copy to Europe will it work without extra effort?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

mallamp posted:

poo poo. I'm not up to date to physical games, are region locks still a thing? If I order a physical copy to Europe will it work without extra effort?

Region locking for games is basically no longer a thing for non-Nintendo consoles. It mostly wasn't last gen either, although Persona 4 Arena was region-locked (and the only PS3 game to do so).

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

univbee posted:

Region locking for games is basically no longer a thing for non-Nintendo consoles. It mostly wasn't last gen either, although Persona 4 Arena was region-locked (and the only PS3 game to do so).

I still don't get what they were doing with this.

It would have been a bit better if the game wasn't delayed for europe.
It seemed like a unnecessary block.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Lemon-Lime posted:

There's the slimmest of slim hopes that now that Sega own Atlus, they'll take over EU publishing duties and we'll get STM4 Final and Persona 5 at the same time as the US but :lol: I wouldn't hold your breath considering neither have announced EU release dates.

Sega recently said they're letting Atlus USA do all that themselves, so we're still hosed.

• Locked thread