Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

It is frustratingly-stuffy in my workplace atm

Tomorrow, I have to go to the courthouse for jury selection, and I know for a fact that it's nearly as stifling in the courtroom as it is here.

gently caress this heat (and skimping out on the AC usage, state institutions!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Funny enough, I bought a Mr. Coffee machine after using a French press for years. I used to be in it for the flavor but now I work weird hours and need a whole lot to get me through.

I'll still buy nice beans and grind them myself but I just want it to be ready the moment I wake up.

outerpeace
Jan 11, 2005
Let's play a little game I like to call "asking for it"
Speaking of lovely coffee, McDonalds put cream instead of milk into my iced coffee. Now the cold cream is coating my mouth in a weird way. :(

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
The people at the McDonald's simply refused to acknowledge the existence of milk until really recently, and it drove me insane. The situation has improved -- however the exchanges have gone from

Employee: What would you like?
Me: Number 9, medium coffee, 3 milks, 3 sugars.
Employee: *punches in 3 creams, 3 sugars*
Me: [internal screaming]

to

Employee: What would you like?
Me: Number 9, medium coffee, 3 milks, 3 sugars.
Employee: Do you want milk or cream?
Me: [internally "What the gently caress did I just say"-ing] Milk, please. Thanks.

"Cream" and "milk" aren't even similar words, so why the gently caress should there be any confusion whatsoever?

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

Inzombiac posted:

Funny enough, I bought a Mr. Coffee machine after using a French press for years. I used to be in it for the flavor but now I work weird hours and need a whole lot to get me through.

I'll still buy nice beans and grind them myself but I just want it to be ready the moment I wake up.

This is the same for me, I think good coffee would be lost on me when I'm trying to chug down as much of it as possible at 4:30 am. I do still have a French press for good coffee but it doesn't get used as much.

The screen protector on my phone is very slightly off center so there's a tiny bubble on the lower left hand side where it barely touches my case. It's just enough to annoy me, but not quite enough for me to take the drat thing off and try again. Also, it's a new phone so I have to re-teach it all the swear words :argh:

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

The WiFi in my hotel is awful. It's OK in the common breakfast room, but in my own room it can take 5 minutes to load a website.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I feel like every other website I visit has a recurring "Game of Thrones was on last night" feature. I don't care!

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Inzombiac posted:

Should've got a Keurig :v:

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
My parents drank probably at least a pot of black coffee each every single day when I was growing up. They bought a Keurig a few years ago, and since then my mom's down to one cup a day and my dad's quit altogether. I think it's like vaping to quit smoking; substitute the real thing with a vastly inferior imitation that makes you look like a dickhead, you'll just give it up entirely after a while.

I have to drink that stuff when I visit, so I guess this counts as a first world problem post.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

bradzilla posted:

Should've got a Keurig :v:

Get the gently caress out of here.

My mom bought me one many birthdays ago because she loves hers (despite me showing her how wasteful and terrible it was).

I tried my best to use it with the little filter and my own grounds but it still was hot garbage water.
Eventually I put it in the common area of my building with a FREE sign. It stayed there for over a month.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I won a Keurig 2.0 something in a raffle and I just gave it away before I left.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

The DuClaw brewery in the Southwest terminal at Logan airport seriously just hands you a Keurig pod if you ask for a coffee. They have a bagel and coffee breakfast special, and they call that a coffee. Why even offer it? If it was a flyover state it'd be one thing, but New England has no excuse. I was there last fall, and I'm still mad about it :saddowns:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

There are Michelin starred restaurants around Europe that just make you a Nespresso pod if you order espresso.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

At least they make it for you. The sadists at DuClaw expected my hungover rear end to figure it out myself.

outerpeace
Jan 11, 2005
Let's play a little game I like to call "asking for it"

Mu Zeta posted:

There are Michelin starred restaurants around Europe that just make you a Nespresso pod if you order espresso.

Shut up. I refuse to believe this.

(I believe it :()

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

ur jiri3-pax(PAD)-ra2 al-tukur2?-re
gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2
a-ra-/ab-gig-ga\-[(X)]-e-ce

- Wisdom of the ages.
the detergent i got smells like old lady perfumes and i dont like it but returning opened laundry detergent is too dumb to do.....

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I lost my anti static strap so I had to go to radio shack to get a new one.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My 2012 car is new enough to have Bluetooth, but old enough that it's only Bluetooth functionality is phone-call based. So I had to buy a small suction-cup Bluetooth speaker for my car if I want to listen to podcasts, as my phone's speaker isn't powerful enough to listen to while driving with the wind or AC making noise.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

MisterBibs posted:

My 2012 car is new enough to have Bluetooth, but old enough that it's only Bluetooth functionality is phone-call based. So I had to buy a small suction-cup Bluetooth speaker for my car if I want to listen to podcasts, as my phone's speaker isn't powerful enough to listen to while driving with the wind or AC making noise.

Does your car not have an aux jack?

My FWP is my rental car has the most annoying loving "feature" ever made; the aux input won't play until the car has driven over 55 kph. I can listen to Cds and the radio no matter what, but if I don't hit 55 I can't use my ipod.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The news is always on at work and almost exclusively on CNN.
About every 10 minutes I hear the chorus to "True Colors" by Cyndi Lauper.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Yeah, it does, but I've already got a charging cord from the cig port to the on-the-glass phone-holder, I don't want another cord (or is it chord?) from the aux port to my phone. Especially since the port is under a lid of the middle-part-thing and I prefer for that to be closed. Especiallyx2 when Aux sound sucks.

E: another FWP is that I'm intensely thirsty. I'm sure I'm somewhat dehydrated because I've drank a lot of water today and have barely peed.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
The internal fan on my 360 is hosed and won't spin up :saddowns: the rest of the console itself is fine, but after a few minutes of being on it shuts down to prevent overheat damage. At least it lasted long enough for me to get the disk out of the drive.

It's close enough to my birthday that I could justifiably ask for a replacement, but I could just as easily get it my drat self.
(I looked into talking to Microsoft about it but they want me to pay 80 bucks to ship it to them to replace it, I could get one off Amazon for 60.)

E: and before anyone says 'just take it to a computer repair place', I don't actually know where any are :downs: I don't know where jack poo poo is in this city, because the DMV doesn't want me getting a license (due to my seizure disorder) so I never bothered memorizing what is where on which street. I'm aware this is more an issue with me than anything else.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 03:58 on Jun 9, 2016

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

and before anyone says 'just take it to a computer repair place', I don't actually know where any are :downs: I don't know where jack poo poo is in this city, because the DMV doesn't want me getting a license (due to my seizure disorder) so I never bothered memorizing what is where on which street. I'm aware this is more an issue with me than anything else.

Go to Google maps and put in your address, then when you've got the map up showing your local area, search for "computers" (or whatever else you're looking for). Or look in the phone book.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Yeah I did that, I'm going to take it to a place first thing tomorrow. I didn't before because my town is such a goddamn backwoods piece of poo poo I just kind of assumed we didn't have any.

Zeth
Dec 28, 2006

Cluck you say?
Buglord
I did really well on a dark souls 3 bossfight I got summoned to help with but nobody I know who plays at all is around to regale with my tales of glory.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

My FWP is my rental car has the most annoying loving "feature" ever made; the aux input won't play until the car has driven over 55 kph. I can listen to Cds and the radio no matter what, but if I don't hit 55 I can't use my ipod.

:stare:

How is that possible. This isn't possible, it is so unbelievably stupid.

What car is this, so I make sure to never rent or get it.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Italy's postal service suuuuuuuuuuuucks.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Reverse-Speed Car

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

outerpeace posted:

Shut up. I refuse to believe this.

(I believe it :()

The idea is that if they use coffee pods there will always be consistency with the quality / presentation of the coffee without having to have a barista on staff at all times or without having to train their waiters or kitchen staff to reliably operate an espresso machine. They take a slight reduction in quality in order to have an overall better experience for the customer.

edit - further reading

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Thin Privilege posted:

:stare:

How is that possible. This isn't possible, it is so unbelievably stupid.

What car is this, so I make sure to never rent or get it.

2015 VW Jetta.

It also has the worst cruise control I've ever seen. If you press the + or -, it adjusts your cruise speed by 10 kph. If you press and hold the + it'll rev the engine all to hell and will start going up by 1kph/second or so.

The way to properly adjust the cruise control by a couple kph at a time is by pressing the RESUME and SET buttons, that have no indication that they'd do anything other than that.

There's also no tow hook on the back of the car, and you have to pop off a little cover on the front bumper (with a knife, can't do it by hand) and hand-screw (with reverse threading) the tow hook into the little hole.

Tl;dr don't buy a loving jetta. I've only been driving it for half a week and want to push it in front of a train.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I've been spoiled by my old phone's (S5) wireless charging system, compared to my new (S7) phone's.

My old one would had a magnetic phone back that would grip a magnetic base. The grip was strong enough that I could listen to music via wired headphones and not have to worry.

The S7 system? You just lay it there, hope it doesn't fall off, and the aux hole is on the bottom of the phone so using wired headphones prevents a rather secure connection. Oh, and the base has its own bright light that activates.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 08:45 on Jun 10, 2016

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

A city I thought I was familiar with has completely changed since my last visit and I'm getting lost as hell. :(

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Got some overtime yesterday and I got the option to work from home today due to that.

I worked all day from home yesterday as well.
The fwp is that on monday I am expected to actually show up at the office and I really do not feel like actually getting out of the pajamas for that. I am preemptively being lazy about commuting to work.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I have off today, so I took advantage of it to go to a bar and watch my favorite radio guys live.

My stool is hurting my rear end after 2 hours of sitting here.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

MisterBibs posted:

I have off today, so I took advantage of it to go to a bar and watch my favorite radio guys live.

My stool is hurting my rear end after 2 hours of sitting here.

Take a stool softener.
:rimshot:

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

The Jehovah's Witnesses in my area have been out in full force lately. I don't want to learn about Jesus, but it's really hard to firmly say no to the sweet little old black grandmas they've got working for them. There were like five Watchtowers in my recycle bin this week.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I have fake nails and it's hard to do all tasks and especially type on a smart phone. This is taking me like a minute to type when it should take 10 seconds.

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

ur jiri3-pax(PAD)-ra2 al-tukur2?-re
gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2
a-ra-/ab-gig-ga\-[(X)]-e-ce

- Wisdom of the ages.
i have all sorts of great leftover meats and fresh veggies and good stuff ready to eat but i cant stop thinking about the frozen french bread pizza in the freezer......

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

It's my birthday in two weeks and I both have to work the day of it and am having my annual 'oh god what have i accomplished with my life' pseudo-existential crisis :shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

After just two hours in the sun, I have come to the realization that the BB cream I've been using does not have the SPF it advertises. My face looks like a goddamn tomato.

#vampireproblems #justpastythings