Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I will buy two copies if I can play as girl Link.

I'll buy 3 if she can kiss Zelda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Polo-Rican posted:

If the female link sets off a Ghostbusters-level internet civil war i think i'm gonna quit computers and go back to good ol' paper and pencil

There's no solace to be had there either.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They're going to have one character model with a choice of pronoun and they're never going to provide a canon gender and Miyamoto is going to get stabbed at the Nintendo World Championships.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

when i move my gamepad like this, linkle responds at a 1:1 ratio

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Junpei Hyde posted:

they already said there isn't a girl link

and I don't think I could accept my uncle at nintendo lying to me

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

oddium posted:

when i move my gamepad like this, linkle responds at a 1:1 ratio

I better be able to hold up my gamepad and shout "Dedededeeeee".

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

voltcatfish posted:

they already said there isn't a girl link

Wait, when?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

reginald fils-aime what have you been doing for the past 6 months i wonder

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Junpei Hyde posted:

Wait, when?

aonuma said it like a year ago i think

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Junpei Hyde posted:

same

voltcatfish posted:

aonuma said it like a year ago i think

they said that the specific Link in the trailer wasn't a girl iirc

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

Polo-Rican posted:

Seeing as Link doesn't say a word in any zelda game, honestly, they should have had a male/female option a long time ago.

Yeah I'm on board with that.

I think the only thing that bugs me about the game is that it's no longer going to be a Wii U exclusive

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
All that stuff came about when someone said "whoa Link looks different this time huh" and Aonuma jokingly replied "well we didn't say that was Link" and then had to walk it back when the internet went nuts. He never confirmed anything about Link's gender, just that they wanted to provoke a response and were paying close attention to peoples' reactions. They've said/shown so little either way that they could have easily changed course if they felt it'd go over better, god knows it's been in development long enough.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

smell this posted:

reginald fils-aime what have you been doing for the past 6 months i wonder

reggie has been training his amiibo in the hokkaido peaks while puppet reggie runs the company. bill however... ah... we'll see soon enough i suppose

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

They're going to have one character model with a choice of pronoun and they're never going to provide a canon gender and Miyamoto is going to get stabbed at the Nintendo World Championships.

I can't wait for E3 either

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I'd be fine with this solution tbh

Though they probably wouldn't let you choose they/them. Sorry NB friends

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

nintendo won't make link a girl tho

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Or if you prefer proper left-handed Link(le)

Also the full-size transparent version, because it came out looking really good with a bit of careful cutting. Those goddamn white hooves.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

speaking of avatars what the heck is yours supposed to be

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
Link has always been a girl

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

voltcatfish posted:

You should play Phoenix Wright

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Jun 8, 2016

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

voltcatfish posted:

Horrifying.

Kramdar
Jun 21, 2005

Radmark says....Worship Kramdar

voltcatfish posted:

Looks like a goon half-rear end cosplaying Quailman

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Polo-Rican posted:

If the female link sets off a Ghostbusters-level internet civil war i think i'm gonna quit computers and go back to good ol' paper and pencil

It won't because unlike the new Ghostbusters the new Link looks like it will be good.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

less laughter posted:

From a dumb non-canon spinoff made by a third party. She's no more than a fanfic character at this point. If Nintendo ever chooses to canonize in the series proper her they can do so in any way they please, including just making her the umpteenth incarnation of Link.

the zelda canon

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I mean Waluigi was made by a third-party specifically to inhabit spinoff games and he's just biding his time until the day he stars in a proper platformer.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

This official art? When/where did they show it?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/740517889741033473

If you're not following every regional branch of Nintendo + jivjov on Twitter so you don't miss out on anything I don't know what to tell you

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Jun 8, 2016

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

i like link's redesign and i hope it sticks throughout the game and not just the intro or something

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

less laughter posted:

From a dumb non-canon spinoff made by a third party.

you're a dumb non-canon spinoff made by a third party

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
A key party. You're non Canon because your dad doesn't know you exist.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I gotta say that sure looks like a lady Link.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
I don't know where you guys are pulling the girl Link thing, he looks like a guy to me. An elvish guy, to be exact. Aren't they supposed to look like androgynous willowy types in western fantasy fiction?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rexroom posted:

I don't know where you guys are pulling the girl Link thing, he looks like a guy to me. An elvish guy, to be exact. Aren't they supposed to look like androgynous willowy types in western fantasy fiction?

The link in that picture appears to have longer hair (You can see it behind the hood.) The Link shown off previously had short hair except for the bangs. That's basically it. It's not a ~slam dunk~ and could just be weird artwork.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

That Link is also right-handed, so that's an impostor Link or an alternate dimension Link or maybe an ambidextrous Link?

!!!!!!!!!!

LINK CUSTOMIZATION CONFIRMED???

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ImpAtom posted:

The link in that picture appears to have longer hair (You can see it behind the hood.) The Link shown off previously had short hair except for the bangs. That's basically it. It's not a ~slam dunk~ and could just be weird artwork.

Linkle's outfit also has a hood as well.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
The Link in the original trailer had a pony tail.

This whole thing kicked off because he looked really drat girly anyway.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

ImpAtom posted:

Are we still evaluating the gender of people by the length of their hair? I sure hope not. If you look at the overall appearance, I get the impression of a male. This reminds me of the time someone mistook the inkling boys as girls because of the ponytails.

Well, one week to go for the reveal.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

The Hero or Heroine of Time of legend... the record keeping wasn't so hot back then...

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Right handed Link makes me 100% more upset than Girl Link.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Whole game everyone refers to Link by ambiguous terms ("That person," "The Chosen of the Triforce of Courage,") or just by the name the player entered. Gender is left entirely ambiguous. Is Link a girl or just a very pretty boy? No one in game or out knows for sure.

• Locked thread