Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Cugel the Clever posted:

It also serves as a choice spot to place essential individuals. Huma Abedin, for example, maintained a high-paying position at the Foundation at the same time as she served Clinton at the State Department. Chelsea Clinton stepped away from a position at NBC News with a salary of $600k+ to a similarly paying one at the Foundation that allows her complete flexibility in her contribution to her mother's campaign. None of this kind of machine politics is new, but she and her team have honed an exceptional machine that is perfectly tuned to the laws and regulations of the era in which we live.

I've seen Clinton Initiative folk work in Africa first-hand, and even though they are kinda known as being green and a little high-handed compared to orgs like VSO or Save the Children, they do a lot of good work and bring some real money to communities that need it.

So.....this is just bizaare to read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
https://twitter.com/frankthorp/status/740372721553440769

i'd support it

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Those children in Libya do not know the horrors we are about to unleash.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Just saw some Bernie supporter saying Hillary is going to invade Iran during her presidency?! Why would you invade a country that you just came to a nuclear agreement with, thats seems like an incredibly ridiculous assertion. Being Canadian, I'm not as clear on where this is coming from anyone know what this is about?

tezcat
Jan 1, 2005

What if. Now follow me here... What if she got the jacket from her charity organization?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

I hope so, because for some reason this GIF makes it look like she has her shirt on backwards, which is funny

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
People over exaggerate Hillary's aggressiveness, and warhawkishness

She's probably one of the more aggressive Dems but she's nowhere near as bad as people make her out to be.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

smg77 posted:

You can shut Goons with Spoons down for days just by mentioning you like beans in your chili.
I, too, enjoy chili without beans. I sometimes put the beanless chili on top of some spaghetti. I call my invention "spaghetti with meat sauce".

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Dexo posted:

People over exaggerate Hillary's aggressiveness, and warhawkishness

She's probably one of the more aggressive Dems but she's nowhere near as bad as people make her out to be.

Its either that or people understate Obama's hawkishness. I can't see her being much more hawkish on the world stage than he was.

Le Saboteur fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Jun 8, 2016

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Le Saboteur posted:

Just saw some Bernie supporter saying Hillary is going to invade Iran during her presidency?! Why would you invade a country that you just came to a nuclear agreement with, thats seems like an incredibly ridiculous assertion. Being Canadian, I'm not as clear on where this is coming from anyone know what this is about?

Hillary was a Senator in 2002 and voted in favor of invading Iraq. This has permanently labeled her as a hawk in the eyes of many. Stir in a bunch of Internet hyperbole and you find yourself believing she's champing at the bit to bomb whoever wherever whenever.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Le Saboteur posted:

Its either that or people under exaggerate Obama's hawkishness. I can't see her being much more hawkish on the world stage than he was.

This too.

Obama was real good about creating treaties, and alliances and repairing things the Bush coalition damaged.

But dear god did he Drone strike the everliving hell out of the middle east.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
we got "over exaggerate" and "under exaggerate" on the same page wow

just "exaggerate" and "understate" would be fine guys

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Inferior Third Season posted:

I, too, enjoy chili without beans. I sometimes put the beanless chili on top of some spaghetti. I call my invention "spaghetti with meat sauce".

"Beanless chili" is redundant, dear. Are you sure you don't mean "pepperless?"

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Le Saboteur posted:

She's more hawkish and pro-Israel than Obama, so that's where it's coming from, but I doubt she'd trash the deal altogether and bomb them at Israel's behest. And invading is right out dumb as gently caress not going to happen short of some crazy unlikely poo poo on their part.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

emdash posted:

Irregardless, I could care less.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Inferior Third Season posted:

How about spaghetti sauce with ketchup and sliced hotdogs

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

gradenko_2000 posted:

Nothing like some good sketti.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

is it just me or does this gif have crazy fyad vibes?

i dunno it looks like it'd be right at home at an fyad divider or flag

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Le Saboteur posted:

They've been convincing themselves for over half a year that Hillary is no different from the worst republicans and therefore is chomping at the bit to invade Iran just for the sake of forever war in the Middle East

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Necc0 posted:

is it just me or does this gif have crazy fyad vibes?

i dunno it looks like it'd be right at home at an fyad divider or flag

It looks like she's shouting "OHH YEAH!"

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

emdash posted:

Jesus dude, put some loving caps and periods in your sentences.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

theflyingorc posted:

I hope so, because for some reason this GIF makes it look like she has her shirt on backwards, which is funny
It looks like her entire upper body is in a cast, like she was in some horrible motocross accident.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Well except this is actually happening

gradenko_2000 posted:

:barf:

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

theflyingorc posted:

Amazed she won South Dakota. Sanders was a heavy favorite there.

Wasn't Obama a favorite in south Dakota in 2008? She won it in a shocker that year too.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Le Saboteur posted:

Its either that or people understate Obama's hawkishness. I can't see her being much more hawkish on the world stage than he was.

Supposedly she was against some of the concessions Obama gave to Iran. At the very least, that means she won't continue improving relations with Iran, and at worse will look for an opportunity to undo what he did.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Freakazoid_ posted:

Supposedly she was against some of the concessions Obama gave to Iran. At the very least, that means she won't continue improving relations with Iran, and at worse will look for an opportunity to undo what he did.

That's a huge leap of logic.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

zoux posted:

That's a huge leap of logic.

How huge is it?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Freakazoid_ posted:

She just thought as a negotiator that Iran was in a poor enough leverage position in the negotiations that Obama could have gotten more out of them. She wasn't against the deal or diplomacy, she just thought they could have gotten more restrictions put on them.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Freakazoid_ posted:

That's... not what that means at all?

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Freakazoid_ posted:

Supposedly she ______________. At the very least, that means ____________, and at worse _____________.

Lol.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Freakazoid_ posted:

How huge is it?

About as huge as it is ignorant.

Eschers Basement
Sep 13, 2007

by exmarx
Obama to Bernie: Pack it in

"White House Press Office posted:

Tonight, President Obama called both Secretary Clinton and Senator Sanders. The President congratulated both candidates for running inspiring campaigns that have energized Democrats, brought a new generation of Americans into the political process, and shined a spotlight on important policy ideas aimed at making sure our economy and our politics work for everybody, not just those with wealth and power.
The President congratulated Secretary Clinton for securing the delegates necessary to clinch the Democratic Nomination for President. Her historic campaign inspired millions and is an extension of her lifelong fight for middle-class families and children.

The President thanked Senator Sanders for energizing millions of Americans with his commitment to issues like fighting economic inequality and special interests' influence on our politics.

In addition, at Senator Sanders' request, the President and Senator Sanders will meet at the White House on Thursday to continue their conversation about the significant issues at stake in this election that matter most to America's working families. The President looks forward to continuing the conversation with Senator Sanders about how to build on the extraordinary work he has done to engage millions of Democratic voters, and to build on that enthusiasm in the weeks and months ahead.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Has there been a lift on the primary talk ban?

Also, asking as a foreigner, has there been any data on how the downticket races are shaping up?

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

FAUXTON posted:

Not to mention a decent domestic-facing leather jacket with a proper fleece lining is going to start at $1500. Granted, these are two different price-of-a-car classes we're talking about but at least they're both used cars.

It's worse than that. Apparently, female body armor does not fit well, which is why she wears the old lady coats - it's boxy, not form fitting at all.
https://twitter.com/mightygodking/status/740398118190108673

(MightyGodKing still awesome)

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

fishmech posted:

Wasn't Obama a favorite in south Dakota in 2008? She won it in a shocker that year too.

Yes, this is correct. Apparently something about South Dakota's demographics are harder to nail down than expected.

Silver noted that they have an unusually high Native American population (like 9%!), but that's unlikely to be enough to explain it unless nearly every Native American went Clinton. We'll have to see if the data junkies can nail down what's special.

Also, in contrast - North Dakota, a state with very similar demographics, was one of Sanders' best states. :iiam:

Raerlynn
Oct 28, 2007

Sorry I'm late, I'm afraid I got lost on the path of life.

Freakazoid_ posted:

How huge is it?

Yuuuuge.

No seriously that's a shaky slippery slope there. Just because she would not have been as generous in her negotiating does not mean there will be an automatic cessation of diplomatic activity. Especially since the direct result was to cause the price of oil, and by extension gasoline, to drop to almost pre recession levels. There is no basis to make that claim at this time.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Caucus state :ms:

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
So what's the chances of a Trump meltdown as the increased scrutiny of the GE ramps up. I don't mean quibbling mess, but unforced error after unforced error on various topics in a similar vein as the last couple of weeks but across the board.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Boon posted:

So what's the chances of a Trump meltdown as the increased scrutiny of the GE ramps up. I don't mean quibbling mess, but unforced error after unforced error on various topics in a similar vein as the last couple of weeks but across the board.

💯

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
We're going to get to watch Hillary Clinton debate Donald Trump. I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to this.

Donald's party pals couldn't really say poo poo about him and his disgusting behavior and statements because they themselves are dependent on the same neo-Confederate Lost-Causers to have any chance at the Presidency. Hillary isn't crippled by being beholden to the Sons of Jefferson Davis, and so she's going to rip his rear end apart on live television. We may even get something more beautiful than, "Please proceed, Governor."

I especially look forward to Trump defending his $950 BILLION a year tax cut against someone who understands basic mathematics and knows that here, in the three-dimensional physical universe we actually inhabit, you can't cut the federal budget by nearly a third by getting rid of "waste and fraud."

• Locked thread