Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

zenintrude posted:

What's the best dungeon crawl rpg for a new player? I tried Soul Hackers on 3DS but it was a bit obtuse and difficult.

Demon Gaze on the Vita. It has a lot of QoL features over other similar games and it's not ridiculously hard or obtuse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
One Way Heroics will be $15 for PS4/V in the US.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Cool guys. I think I'll go for the 64GB card after all. Seems like a decent way to make up for the loss of convenience I've incurred by getting the older Vita model. So I'll have to keep that charger around, but I'll never have to worry about space!

EDIT: are "Japan import" cards something I should avoid? There seem to be a lot of those.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

64 GB only exists in Japan. You'll need to import one from there or buy from a local seller who did so.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Minidust posted:

So I'll have to keep that charger around, but I'll never have to worry about space!
Nope, you can get other cables that work fine online, and as long as the usb port you use it with supplies enough amps, the vita doesn't care.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Mithaldu posted:

Nope, you can get other cables that work fine online, and as long as the usb port you use it with supplies enough amps, the vita doesn't care.

Doesn't the cable has to have that proprietary end for the OLED Vita, though - I imagine that's the problem, the USB chargers themselves are generally more plentiful.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

InfinityComplex posted:

Getting consistent s ranks in Odin sphere feels awesome.

When is that possible on Hard?

I did a stage or two just starting out on Hard and got B ranks after getting hit once, and taking too much time to kill things. Does it even out once you've gotten a few levels up?

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Szurumbur posted:

Doesn't the cable has to have that proprietary end for the OLED Vita, though - I imagine that's the problem, the USB chargers themselves are generally more plentiful.
Yes you have to make sure you get a vita specific cable.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
Shiren 5 is ultimately the best dungeon crawler I would recommend on the platform, but it's not really for newbies

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Still waiting for Darkest Dungeon on the Vita.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The Touhou roguelike is getting localized too.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yeah but... touhou.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Touhou is cool

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Cake Attack posted:

Touhou is cool

:yeah:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'm just saying that if you revealed to me that Hitler didn't die but in fact snuck off to Japan where he made his living creating marketable anime characters for a series of shooters I wouldn't be surprised.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

ImpAtom posted:

I'm just saying that if you revealed to me that Hitler didn't die but in fact snuck off to Japan where he made his living creating marketable anime characters for a series of shooters I wouldn't be surprised.

what the gently caress does that even mean

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

what

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
how the gently caress does hitler relate to touhou project, the shmup series created by a drunk japanese composer

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

lovely shooter with the shittiest fanbase ever has just been exposed to be Literally Hitler by Something Awful forums user ImpAtom. More as the situation develops.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

I would be very surprised at this bizarre insane sounding thing

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it's not the shittiest fanbase ever if it can produce a surprisingly alright edf clone

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I have literally met ZUN and taken a picture with him. He is the cutest Hitler ever.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Saoshyant posted:

lovely shooter with the shittiest fanbase ever has just been exposed to be Literally Hitler by Something Awful forums user ImpAtom. More as the situation develops.

wow man you sure don't know know poo poo f you think touhou has the shittiest fanbase ever

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

for two, sonic and homestuck still exist

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
lotta good artists in the touhoudom, too

hell the touhou fandom in general is pretty crazy in terms of high-quality fanworks. touhou doujins are how a few good manga artists got their start

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jun 8, 2016

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Touhou fanbase can't be lovely if they can make 1:1 adaptations of Tom & Jerry shorts using Touhou characters.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Guys... I think ImpAtom got us good. Touché, puppetmaster. :(

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

ImpAtom posted:

:godwin:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I am sorry my attempt at comical hyperbole made you think I believe the creator of tohou is literally Hitler. I must clarify that I am aware that Hitler is both dead and not a Japanese man.

Edit: IF Hitler was alive though he would be a touhou fan. This is unarguable truth.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You all got loving played by the most obvious bait in the world

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

As a dumb American still amazing to me that they can actually sell a thing like that and don't have to answer to anyone. Though I am guessing trying to escape lovely licensing laws is a big part of why Touhou ever took off in the first place.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Touhou is bad, also here's a new trailer for Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme VS Force.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyk_nXAb3c8

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Policenaut posted:

Touhou is bad, also here's a new trailer for Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme VS Force.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyk_nXAb3c8

Gundam Extreme Vs Force is also badly sadly.

I'm still going to buy it because I'm a terrible whore but please don't follow my example.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Touhou is better than that game

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Kind of a specific question but for those that have played both Dragon's Crown and the Odin Sphere remake:

If I were interested in playing both, is there a better one to play first (mostly with regards to QOL stuff)? Odin's Sphere is a PS2 game but the Amazon page mentions "The controls and mechanics refined in Dragon's Crown have been fine-tuned and carried over to Odin Sphere Leifthrasir" which makes me think playing Dragon's Crown first would be the better choice? Or are the mechanics basically the same?

I just don't want to play the "wrong" one first and have it end up diminishing my enjoyment of the game because it feels too clunky or inconvenient compared to the other one. I'm guessing it probably doesn't really matter, but I figured I'd ask first to make sure!

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

They are very different games. Have you played Muramasa Rebirth?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Dragon's Crown is a multiplayer game and Odin Sphere is not. Play DC if you have friends to play it with, otherwise ignore it and play Odin Sphere.

Tbh they are very different games, but I'm sure the more straightforward nature of Dragon's Crown would make you care for it less than OS.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Takoluka posted:

They are very different games. Have you played Muramasa Rebirth?

Yeah, I'm actually finishing Muramasa up right now. I wanted a new...brawler? to play after I finished the story and maybe one of the DLCs.

If Dragon's Crown is super multiplayer-focused, I might grab that on PS3 instead (assuming there's local multiplayer and not just online).

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm pretty sure DC does have local multiplayer but it's been a while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
DC isn't super MP-focused but it's short and designed for multiple playthroughs and the co-op makes it a lot more fun.

Just get Odin Sphere.