Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

prefect posted:

He hates to lose, so he'll find a way to quit.

It would be pretty hilarious if he quit on election day just so he couldn't lose :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Trump QUOTE of the day

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/377947866641485824

No Mans Land 2
May 2, 2016

by Shine

TheTatteredKing posted:

I'd just like to say that nml is human detritus. Thank you for listening

I've grown to appreciate posts like these. You're welcome

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

jet sanchEz posted:

Yeah, Ryan is super toast after the dust settles, I think Christie is going to be just as done too. Pretty amazing and still many months to go.

Even if he makes it he's still got a debt ceiling fight in October to preside over.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I'm genuinely curious about his Hillary dump on Monday. Is it just gonna be emailsemailsbenghazi or is he gonna pull some deep cut conspiracy theory bullshit and go real off his rocker?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

weekly font posted:

I'm genuinely curious about his Hillary dump on Monday. Is it just gonna be emailsemailsbenghazi or is he gonna pull some deep cut conspiracy theory bullshit and go real off his rocker?

There's a new anti-Hillary book out that he's going to quote from extensively, it looks like.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

OK this is by far the strangest tweet of the cycle
https://twitter.com/CitizenCohn/status/740560161404801024

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
they unearthed a long fossilized clutch of hillary's eggs, who was last observed hissing and scuttling away

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

https://twitter.com/GlennThrush/status/740525862781616128

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Deteriorata posted:

IMO they won't take it away from him directly, rather that Trump is more likely to just say "gently caress this poo poo" and walk away, if it happens at all.

Trump won't walk away, and the party won't take the nomination away.

Conducting himself in a dignified, and respectable manner is only going to get more difficult from here now that the Democrats are set to unleash their full assault on the Trump campaign. Obama and co. are going to bait him into making more outrageous comments, and he is not going to be able to help himself. A lot more Republicans seem ready to go down with the ship than I would have expected, but I think you will see 90% of the party ride the Trump train to whatever end. Trump could shoot an innocent disabled kid on live TV, and Paul Ryan will still say keep his position and say something like "I was appalled by what I saw, and would never condone that sort of behavior, but I will be supporting the nominee in November".

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Trump's lack of fundraising and organization is going to be loving disastrous for him on election day.

No Mans Land 2
May 2, 2016

by Shine

Slate Action posted:

Trump's lack of fundraising and organization is going to be loving disastrous for him on election day.

source?

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Is it possible that the convention will refuse to rubber stamp whatever bizarre choice Trump makes for VP?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Jack of Hearts posted:

Is it possible that the convention will refuse to rubber stamp whatever bizarre choice Trump makes for VP?

I'm thinking he'll pick some business crony of his. Maybe his daughter.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Deteriorata posted:

There's a new anti-Hillary book out that he's going to quote from extensively, it looks like.

This poo poo is so inexplicable to me. They realize that only people already on those Conservative book buy lists care about poo poo like this right? On any other politician a speech like this might matter but the Republicans have tried for so long and so futilely to bring down the Clintons that no one who plans to vote hasn't already made up their minds.

They are literally boys who cried wolf about this poo poo. Real actual crimes/malfeasance like her e-mail servers are lumped in with nonsense bullshit conspiracies like Benghazi and Vince Foster. Everyone who was going to be convinced by this has already been convinced. poo poo if anything all he's doing is opening the door to being personally attacked himself and Hillary has the added advantage of looking like a stronger leader everytime she does something the Republican field couldn't, namely, actually focus on his bullshit without the primary echo chamber moving on to a new news story.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I see no reason to close this thread and I'm not going to click the Close button.

This is basically the "laugh about stuff Donald Trump does" thread now and I think there's going to be plenty of opportunity to keep doing that.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
His best bet would be to do a special edition of The Apprentice where the winner is selected as his VP. Would make for some good summer-time TV.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

TyrantWD posted:

Trump won't walk away, and the party won't take the nomination away.

Conducting himself in a dignified, and respectable manner is only going to get more difficult from here now that the Democrats are set to unleash their full assault on the Trump campaign. Obama and co. are going to bait him into making more outrageous comments, and he is not going to be able to help himself. A lot more Republicans seem ready to go down with the ship than I would have expected, but I think you will see 90% of the party ride the Trump train to whatever end. Trump could shoot an innocent disabled kid on live TV, and Paul Ryan will still say keep his position and say something like "I was appalled by what I saw, and would never condone that sort of behavior, but I will be supporting the nominee in November".

That's why I added "if it happens at all."

The only way the GOP can get out of the Trump disaster is for him to walk away willingly before the convention, on good terms. That's the only way to avoid the RNC turning into a riot and them coming up with some sort of alternative reasonably amicably.

There's a non-zero chance of that happening, but it's not large nonetheless.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Slate Action posted:

Hopefully we won't all be "I don't understand how his lack of fundraising and organization didn't completely sink the now president of the usa Trump"

https://twitter.com/BenjySarlin/status/740565610762018816

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Final 2012 RCP average: O +1.5
2012 Actual: O +3.9

And Romney had a pretty decent organization, didn't he?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/740561563250262016

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

"It's just sad in America that we have such poor choices right now," Walker, who dropped his own White House bid last September, said in an interview with WKOW-TV in Madison, Wis., that was first reported by Politico.

:cawg:

H5N1
Mar 8, 2005

heil satan
I can't believe how excited I am about the Jeb campaign!

H5N1 fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Oct 18, 2016

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

prefect posted:

I'm thinking he'll pick some business crony of his. Maybe his daughter.

:pray::pray::pray:

No Mans Land 2
May 2, 2016

by Shine

Pook Good Mook posted:

This poo poo is so inexplicable to me. They realize that only people already on those Conservative book buy lists care about poo poo like this right? On any other politician a speech like this might matter but the Republicans have tried for so long and so futilely to bring down the Clintons that no one who plans to vote hasn't already made up their minds.

They are literally boys who cried wolf about this poo poo. Real actual crimes/malfeasance like her e-mail servers are lumped in with nonsense bullshit conspiracies like Benghazi and Vince Foster. Everyone who was going to be convinced by this has already been convinced. poo poo if anything all he's doing is opening the door to being personally attacked himself and Hillary has the added advantage of looking like a stronger leader everytime she does something the Republican field couldn't, namely, actually focus on his bullshit without the primary echo chamber moving on to a new news story.

It's a book by a former secret service agent who says she's a total disrespectful bitch behind closed doors.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

^^ I imagine that's one of the reasons Trump bowed so easily yesterday as well. He's not going to spend his money, but nobody is going to give money to him when he's in the middle of a tantrum. And since the Trump ego won't let him drop out, it's either pay for his run and continue going nuts or get money and shut up. Trump will shut up for money.

Seeing the Democrats press the advantage by going after Trump and Ryan isn't shocking: they want to grab both Houses this year and see a very definite path to both in some regards. But I get the really sneaky suspicion that a lot of people are seeing Trump's bowing to the GOP as a good way to push Paul Ryan out the door as well.

The GOP collapse is bringing out all the pettiness. It's amazing to behold. I'm curious at what point we'll see McConnell gutted. I want to think when he finally breaks on the Supreme Court nomination.

Two things:

1) There are not enough good democractic candidates in the House to change who will run it in 2017. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not seeing it. There wasn't even a concerted effort this year, really.

2) Trump has always had trouble raising money, mainly because no one believes him.

quote:

The major banks, for their part, say they are leery of lending to him after having lost millions of dollars on past deals. Lawyers and contractors he has hired in the past say he is slow to pay his bills, and often shortchanges them. Even the few Wall Street executives who say privately that he is a friend are loath to speak publicly about him.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/24/nyregion/donald-trump-nyc.html?_r=0

His credit (the traditional definition of it, trustworthiness in his community) is poo poo.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

No Mans Land 2 posted:

It's a book by a former secret service agent who says she's a total disrespectful bitch behind closed doors.

N-No!

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

God if this thing is him reading from a hack book like it's a kindergarten graduation with Oh The Places You Will Go, I will die laughing.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

No Mans Land 2 posted:

huh, rip i guess

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

A Trump speech filled with coded dogwhistles that women have been hearing for decades would be pretty dope.

"She's cold, calculating, distant, aloof, bossy, too ambitious, domineering"

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

No Mans Land 2 posted:

So the guy who already has a massive gender problem is going to stand up on national television and call her a shrill harpy. Bold move Cotton.

Also, unless the book indicates that Hillary thought a federal judge couldn't do his job because of his "heritage" (race), just lol that Trump is making an allegation that someone else is unfit for the job because they're disrespectful.

Finally, the book sounds EXACTLY like the shovelware crap that has been out about the Clinton's for decades. Again, no one that hasn't already made up their mind is going to care. For Christ's sake, Republicans already think Hillary and Bill killed a friend to prevent him from testifying about an extra-marital affair. And now this is supposed to tip the balance? Give me a break.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

No Mans Land 2 posted:

Ah, I can't wait to hear my job's resident MAGAs regurgitate some overinflated talking point 3rd hand from conservative talk radio :allears:

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

trump: lyin crooked hillary totally distrspvflllll

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

weekly font posted:

God if this thing is him reading from a hack book like it's a kindergarten graduation with Oh The Places You Will Go, I will die laughing.

Or like Bush reading My Pet Goat.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

weekly font posted:

I'd just be happy if we have a repeat of Zodiac's reading of Green Eggs and Ham :3:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Reminder that

https://twitter.com/ABCPolitics/status/740324633279356928

Go all in Donald!

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

No Mans Land 2 posted:

She should really remember to be kind and gentle. She should really know her place, as a woman.

:biotruths:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

No Mans Land 2 posted:

I'm sure she is. Who cares?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Holy poo poo :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Donald Trump calls all mexicans rapists, he's a hero, Hillary Clinton tells an intern to gently caress off one time and she's a feminazi ballbuster here to take stock and chop cocks

• Locked thread