Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Lampsacus posted:

Waiting for an open world video game to pick these guys are. Seriously. I feel it will happen eventually.

I would play as Seth in a GTA game, he's just the right amount of crazy for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

A DLCeth character for GTA5 would be wonderful. Driving down Melrose in The Dance. Voiced lines for whenever you pass a cold pressed juice bar. Genuine anger for whenever a payphone or a newspaper box gets damaged in-world. Stopping other pedestrians to congratulate them on their most obscure roles.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I would do nothing but walk down the street mashing the "greet other person" button just to see what came out of his mouth.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Nah UYD needs to be a radio station in those games. It would be right at home in a Saint's Row title.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Amazing to listen to Seth's vocal chords audibly deteriorate over the course of the podcast as he breathed in gulp after gulp of pathogen laden Jonathan-air

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I listen to it while playing post apocalyptic roguelikes like C:DDA its great.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I listen while warping around space in Elite Dangerous and vaping some :420:. Trying to make Jah proud.

McJuicy
May 9, 2008
Im going to the Toronto show Saturday. Whats the after party like?

Scut
Aug 26, 2008

Please remind me to draw more often.
Soiled Meat
It's walking distance from a lot of good places in the west end. Has an afterparty venue been selected by Jonathan yet?

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
I listen to it while walking through the chaotic ruin of the developing world and the absurdity of stepping around legless beggars while listening to Jonathan complain about burritos is sublime.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

8 track betamax posted:

I listen to it while walking through the chaotic ruin of the developing world and the absurdity of stepping around legless beggars while listening to Jonathan complain about burritos is sublime.

Same

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!

8 track betamax posted:

Whoa you ride BART too?

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

I hope Jonathan puts the show up soon and also that there were a bunch of chime in charlies

deepspace.io
Aug 5, 2015

egon_beeblebrox posted:

I can't wait til I'm 60 and listening to a 72 year old Seth rant about his dumb rear end grandkids not even knowing what "To Catch a Predator" was.

You mean his, black, adopted, great-grandson, Jeff?

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Matey posted:

I hope Jonathan puts the show up soon and also that there were a bunch of chime in charlies

lol the one guy who kept yelling out jokes was really bad

The Toronto show was good though

Scut
Aug 26, 2008

Please remind me to draw more often.
Soiled Meat
I had a great time at the Toronto show. It perfect summer afternoon for Toronto so I'm happy Seth got to see the city at its best. The show was walking distance from my apartment too, felt like a perfect day.

The Royal had a handful of free seats but it was still a full house. Every row right up to the back was occupied.
I was a bit bummed that for a set they only had a folding table and chairs. Not saying they should have provided it themselves but I think the fanbase is strong enough that the fans would have brought a real coffee table and lounger if they had made a request on twitter. Not that it harmed the show.

Seth was doing some hilarious pandering to the crowd by namedropping a list of Canadian/Toronto things.
One of the best jokes of the evening was when they talked about Honest Ed's closing and Jonathan hadn't been in there. He thought it looked like the world's largest titty bar.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honest_Ed's

I spoke briefly with them after the show. They seemed really happy and said they'd do another TO show in the future.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Yes but did you name your first born son after them?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Sethjah Jacobs is going to live a very long and healthy life, thank you for asking

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
I personally would have gone with Romathan but that's cool too.

iSimian
Jan 19, 2008

Well, there's your problem!
Sick Jah sounded like Patton Oswalt in the latest episode. Like, at 47-48 mins in, I'm not sure it really is Jah anymore.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

iSimian posted:

Sick Jah

Weed, Horse or Mind's Eye?

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

shadow puppet of a posted:

Sick Jah

Sethro Matelli

gently caress Man

What was the first one again?

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

Feel like UYD's been getting a lot of exposure lately. iTunes editor's pick (dunno what that means tho) and this Vice interview now http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/we-talked-to-podcasters-uhh-yeah-dude-about-why-its-better-to-be-happy-than-rich

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Now that I'm back to living in a metropolitan area I'm committed to seeing the show live.

I've been listening for like 8 years and I owe it to them to spend some money on the show, or send them a care package or something.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Send Seth one of those apocalypse preparedness bug-out bags.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

shadow puppet of a posted:

Was doing bar trivia last night and one of the rounds was "Craft Beer or Indie Band", managed to channel my Horse Weed Mind's Eye practice to go 8/8. Seth would have been proud.

Also, does anyone know the name of the end song in Episode 71?

E: 506 is up ladies and germs.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Jun 9, 2016

RainbowCake
Apr 1, 2010

Refurbished cats may have scratches, dents or other forms of cosmetic damage which do not affect the performance of the unit.
I love the choice of opening song for that one.
The show was good too.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
I swear those were the best South Korean English student postcards ever.
"You should not whistle at night because snakes will emerge."
"I am a student of Rodney's. He always gives crazy jokes for us so you should punish him."
:lol:

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.

zenguitarman posted:

Feel like UYD's been getting a lot of exposure lately. iTunes editor's pick (dunno what that means tho) and this Vice interview now http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/we-talked-to-podcasters-uhh-yeah-dude-about-why-its-better-to-be-happy-than-rich

Yeah:

http://www.laweekly.com/arts/how-the-dudes-of-the-uhh-yeah-dude-podcast-made-it-past-500-episodes-7006569

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

:aaa:

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

This is it. This is the Singularity.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

quote:

(he likes to joke that his biggest role to date was a bit part in the 2002 Britney Spears movie Crossroads)

Joke?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I saw those pics and all I could think of was

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
So getting a competent agent has paid off

e: actually wtf

Still, the actor hasn’t quite given up on his lifelong dream of becoming a T.V. star just yet. He and Laroquette are meeting with networks in the hopes of parlaying their UYD antics and built-in fan base into a variety show tailored to the small screen. But for now, like every Thursday and the Thursday before that and the Thursday to come, they’ve got a podcast to record.

CortezFantastic fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jun 9, 2016

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Caper posted:

I swear those were the best South Korean English student postcards ever.
"You should not whistle at night because snakes will emerge."
"I am a student of Rodney's. He always gives crazy jokes for us so you should punish him."
:lol:

The snakes thing is all over east asia. If you whistle snakes come..is a way of saying "PLEASE loving STOP WHISTLING IT IS ANNOYING"

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I would see them live if they came to Boston

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Just got done with ep 424 as part of my series review, where Jah talks about getting conscripted into a Filipino bowling team. Turn on 506 right after and he talks about the exact same team :stare:

VV The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Rapidly Going Deaf > UYD: Tens of thousands of people know I hosed a honeydew melon

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jun 9, 2016

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference

LA Weekly posted:

Larroquette says. “I’m like, gently caress, if I thought that there was going to be tens of thousands of people knowing that I hosed a honeydew melon when I was 13 years old or whatever, that it was just like, gently caress, you know ...” His voice trails off. He goes to smoke a joint near the window.

I'm dying.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

tumor looking batty posted:

I would see them live if they came to Boston

They did and i went to it. It was good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

automatic gun for fast, continuous firing

bigperm posted:

I'm dying.

gently caress man I wanted to quote that. It's so good.