Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Xolve posted:

I use mostly Strong/Improved drugs, all the time, with Neurotoxin Recovery/Nanite Whatever 5/5 and I can count on one hand how many times I've had a side effect in 8 years.

2. I've had 2 whole bad side effects, one to armorrep amount (lol) and another to max velocity (also lol).

So get right the gently caress out with this 'boosters aren't worth it' bullshit.

Do you use all the drugs? Would you mind coming back and trying again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Xolve posted:

:shrug: depends what you call 'ridiculously expensive'. The side-effect free bonuses are well worth the investment, and are cheaper than capital books anyway.

It's worth it, one of the books is found in Serp sites, and was a little on the rare side once upon a time. Mindflood was almost required for us in a pre-phoebe New Eden (and still is for triage).

Mindflood is that good it's worth it without the additional skills anyway.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
and would you lay off them irl Xolve, that salvo was uncalled for

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Olpainless posted:

Well, in part it's good because its drawbacks are meaningless on most ships you'd use it on. Oh dear, my logi/neuting ship has had its turret optimal and missile explosion radius reduced, whatever will I do? Even among the ones with potentially significant drawbacks, blue pill, exile, crash, and drop are all easily good enough for their benefits to outweigh their drawbacks. The rest are more niche - X-instinct is actually useful for improving your ability to tank fighters in this wonderful day and age, although you have to be in an overpropped ship to begin with for it to be worthwhile, and I've known people to get good use out of Frentix. The only one I've never known anyone to use (other than myself when mocking up the effects of changing barrage's 40% falloff bonus to 80%, which is totally a thing that should happen to make medium autocannons great again) is sooth sayer.

LemonDrizzle fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jun 8, 2016

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Zephyrine posted:

A good start. Now if they could only balance boosters so a majority of them weren't completely undermined by crippling side effects.

E: thanks phone posting Laaaaate as gently caress.

Uh, train the booster side effect suppression/reduction skills and you literally can run standard boosters with no side effects.

Also boosters own and if you can't see the benefit of increasing the effectiveness of your ship/weapons/defense by 20% or more then I don't know what to tell you.

dialhforhero fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jun 8, 2016

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
boosters are really cheap and really good and you should definitely use them. the drawbacks mean that people dont just pop boosters for literally everything you have to balance their effectiveness.

you should use synth for everything because its dirt cheap and less than a million for a few percent bonus. its definitely worth it

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Olpainless posted:

Drop was invaluable for blap dreads before HAW weapons, X-instinct for AHACs, and Blue Pill/Exile is excellent for ~elite solo pvp~

I hear you can do interesting things with Crash and Phoenixes, but "Caldari is the enemy" or so I'm told.

frozenpussy posted:

and would you lay off them irl Xolve, that salvo was uncalled for

You're doing that thing again.

Xolve fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jun 8, 2016

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
guess I better start huffing gas

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Boosters used to be a requirement in armor hac fleets way back when

Beaten by bitchboy Xolve

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Xolve posted:

I use mostly Strong/Improved drugs, all the time, with Neurotoxin Recovery/Nanite Whatever 5/5 and I can count on one hand how many times I've had a side effect in 8 years.

2. I've had 2 whole bad side effects, one to armorrep amount (lol) and another to max velocity (also lol).

So get right the gently caress out with this 'boosters aren't worth it' bullshit.

I said most boosters as in the types. Not all boosters. But a lot of the existing ones see little to no use.

You can probably count on one hand how many booster types you use on a regular basis and still have three fingers to spare.

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jun 8, 2016

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Xolve posted:

Drop was invaluable for blap dreads before HAW weapons, X-instinct for AHACs, and Blue Pill/Exile is excellent for ~elite solo pvp~

I hear you can do interesting things with Crash and Phoenixes, but "Caldari is the enemy" or so I'm told.

Strong Crash used to be amazing with blap Phoenixes, pre-Citadel. Not so much now. There's basically only two uses for Phoenixes now:

* gimmicky 300km cruise fits for killing an undefended Astrahus
* gimmicky armor-tanked RTL lordsservant fits for solo pvp

For general purpose dread work -- both anti structure and anti capital -- sell it and get a Naglfar. There's no point in using XL torps when a carrier can sigtank them.

:ccp:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

ullerrm posted:

Strong Crash used to be amazing with blap Phoenixes, pre-Citadel. Not so much now. There's basically only two uses for Phoenixes now:

* gimmicky 300km cruise fits for killing an undefended Astrahus
* gimmicky armor-tanked RTL lordsservant fits for solo pvp

For general purpose dread work -- both anti structure and anti capital -- sell it and get a Naglfar. There's no point in using XL torps when a carrier can sigtank them.

Not to mention that while the capital sized missiles are pretty resilient to smartbombs. The HAW launchers for the phoenix fires regular subcap torpedoes and so are very vulnerable to smartbombing.

Why is smartbombing missiles even a thing in the first place?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Zephyrine posted:

Not to mention that while the capital sized missiles are pretty resilient to smartbombs. The HAW launchers for the phoenix fires regular subcap torpedoes and so are very vulnerable to smartbombing.

Why is smartbombing missiles even a thing in the first place?

if it wasn't i'd be making a ton of money smartbombing rockhavens with ravens

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Zephyrine posted:

I said most boosters as in the types. Not all boosters. But a lot of the existing ones see little to no use.

I use all of those, for one fleet comp or another.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

Xolve posted:

Sure, but how many fingers do you have on one hand? I feel like your silence on this matter is speaking volumes.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
drugs are for degenerates

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Dr. Pangloss posted:

Sure, but how many fingers do you have on one hand? I feel like your silence on this matter is speaking volumes.

I'd like to remind you that google image searching 'the six fingered man' is not recommended.

Excuse me, I'm going to :barf:

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb
so a t2 fit nanomach is now cheap enough that it's a reasonable complement to nanocruisers

what an age we live in

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Landsknecht posted:

so a t2 fit nanomach is now cheap enough that it's a reasonable complement to nanocruisers

what an age we live in

450m.

drat.

you feelin fucky
May 23, 2009

Landsknecht posted:

what an age we live in

The cool thing is that when you have someone flying around in a mach, the targets will come to you.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Let us never forget when CO2 the heroes of WWB self-destructed an entire mach fleet.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Xolve posted:

No dude, what I'm saying is you jumped down zeph's throat. Zeph's opinion about drugs was arguably inaccurate and what you do in that situation is discuss how that might be, not immediately tell them to

Xolve posted:

get right the gently caress out with this 'boosters aren't worth it' bullshit.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

frozenpussy posted:

No dude, what I'm saying is you jumped down zeph's throat. Zeph's opinion about drugs was arguably inaccurate and what you do in that situation is discuss how that might be, not immediately tell them to

I stand by my original statement.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Xolve posted:

I stand by my original statement.

and you know what, I prefer that you act this way.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Xolve posted:

Quafe Zero is the silliest drug. How does a capsuleer even use Quafe? Does he inject space cola directly into his vein from his capsule, or is he enjoying a fresh beverage inside, literally holding a can of Quafe Zero in his hand? I mean the picture looks a little bit like those sports bottles for drinking when running/biking. I could imagine a pilot grabbing a bottle of space cola and then carefully putting the nozzle-thing inside his mouth, so he can drink refreshing Quafe Zero, without accidentally swallowing his ectoplasm.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Libluini posted:

Quafe Zero is the silliest drug. How does a capsuleer even use Quafe? Does he inject space cola directly into his vein from his capsule, or is he enjoying a fresh beverage inside, literally holding a can of Quafe Zero in his hand? I mean the picture looks a little bit like those sports bottles for drinking when running/biking. I could imagine a pilot grabbing a bottle of space cola and then carefully putting the nozzle-thing inside his mouth, so he can drink refreshing Quafe Zero, without accidentally swallowing his ectoplasm.

5% Velocity and 5% Scan Res is particularly useful when flying fat, triple plated, no prop abaddons that take 18 seconds to lock anything sub-capital.

Because that's a thing now.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Xolve posted:

5% Velocity and 5% Scan Res is particularly useful when flying fat, triple plated, no prop abaddons that take 18 seconds to lock anything sub-capital.

hurricanes are pretty scary :ohdear:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Xolve posted:

its good of you to read the first sentence of his post and full :spergin: it without reading the rest

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

To be fair I didn't read it until that post either. But lol now that I did.

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014
Just resubbed. Hoping they let me into GW. If not, someone else recruit me and hold my little baby hand and teach me how to win at internet spaceships.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Also resubbed and got myself un-vacationed, just waiting for the application to pop.

Good thing I got CCP to move my Anathema to Saranen, I was thankful for my covops cloak when I saw all the reds on the undock :catstare:

Sold my Gnosis because no way in hell am I getting that out YA0.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
Did we get hosed on zydrine and megacyte?

e: Yep, both under 2k. Thanks

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

its good of you to read the first sentence of his post and full :spergin: it without reading the rest

Sorry- bad posting between Jay and DBRB headshots.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Libluini posted:

I think its more like a can of Dew: you pop the top, pound it in one gulp, scream "arrrrrgggghhhh rrrraaaaawwwwwwrrrrrr" while you crush the can against your forehead, then toss it in a random direction while tearing off your shirt.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Let's face it, the average GSF pilot's capsule goo is probably 50% cheeto dust by volume already. A little space soda isn't going to do any more harm.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Criticizing the lore-friendliness of some aspect or another is silly, because the EVE Online lore is inherently retarded in every way.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Also X-instinct, crash, and blue pill with some implants literally make Tengus essentially bait tanked Drakes in Assault Frigate signature sized hulls with Cerberus DPS. They are on point as gently caress.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

More overview tabs, multiship fitting, legalizing drugs? I'm surprised CCP is deciding not to be totally incompetent this week.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Man. Fleet fights are good and all, but really I just want to fart around in my little cloaky ship and find things for other goons to kill.

Maybe tackle a jump freighter and scream for someone to shoot at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Bloody Pom posted:

Man. Fleet fights are good and all, but really I just want to fart around in my little cloaky ship and find things for other goons to kill.

Maybe tackle a jump freighter and scream for someone to shoot at it.

Join Groon

• Locked thread