Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

Mango Polo posted:

The new ones have sick backpacks yeah. Either way it'll look good.

That's a whole lot of tiny parts you have there, good luck. A tip for things like upgrades, wash them while they are still on the sprue to save yourself some frustration.

Good call! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

BULBASAUR posted:

Last weekend I played using my Iron warriors for the first time. Was good and fun. Hixson even clapped his Hands

BULBASAUR posted:

Never again. I don't like having fun when I play warhammer
Oh. :negative:

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Yeast posted:

Good call! :)

IMO the cleaning and fixing part of FW stuff is what kills most of my enthusiasm, so little things like that which make life easier is so nice. And I always end up forgetting about it, like this rapier I'm working on has six absolutely tiny nubs that were stupid to deal with and I almost lost a bunch of times.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

is that the dumb op superheavy killer?

It shoots little blackholes.

But it's not a double turbo-laser warhound, which I expect to face off sooner rather than later since someone at my gaming store is building one for Heresy battles.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Holy poo poo

New exclusive mdoel for FW Open Day, a Librarian.

Krushgroove, i need you.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
loving hell that's rad.

Y'know, despite being another loving Terminator character.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Librarian? Check. Moritat? Check. Guess it's a matter of time before we get siege breakers and primus medicaes

e: When is the open day?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I might need to get in on the goonpile for that sick librarian model.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Wrong loving time to start a word bearers army, my wallet, my wallet!

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Too bad he's very obviously a Night Lord, but he'd fit into most traitor legions easily. Sucks for Thousand Sons though!

BULBASAUR posted:

e: When is the open day?

July 17.

Mango Polo fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Jun 6, 2016

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

How exactly do you transport that thing?

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

panascope posted:

How exactly do you transport that thing?

In a special GW carrying case, limited edition, 500$

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
If you can magnetise the demonarm it would be a doddle... But I do agree it's a bit counter intuitive

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
in foam, the same way you transport literally everything else

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe
I would say I want one, but terminator armor and power axe just doesn't say Emperor's Children to me.

Now, one of those on a jet bike with manifesting slaaneshi riders behind him is totally doable. :getin:

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

koreban posted:

I would say I want one, but terminator armor and power axe just doesn't say Emperor's Children to me.

Now, one of those on a jet bike with manifesting slaaneshi riders behind him is totally doable. :getin:

Seems ridiculously easy to swap the axe for anything at least. Though I'd also prefer a PA librarian that doesn't involve paying for his whole honour guard too.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again

Mango Polo posted:

Seems ridiculously easy to swap the axe for anything at least. Though I'd also prefer a PA librarian that doesn't involve paying for his whole honour guard too.

If you're happy to use variants of MkVI armour (I am for my DG, because it did at least exist at the time of the Heresy even if it wasn't in general circulation) there's always this guy: https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Space-Marine-Librarian-with-Force-Axe-Plasma-Pistol . Maybe the chest eagle (not, at least, a true aquila) is a step too far for some purists.

Should I ever get my whole force painted and ready for actual games, I will brace myself for someone flipping the table.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

Galaspar posted:

If you're happy to use variants of MkVI armour (I am for my DG, because it did at least exist at the time of the Heresy even if it wasn't in general circulation) there's always this guy: https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Space-Marine-Librarian-with-Force-Axe-Plasma-Pistol . Maybe the chest eagle (not, at least, a true aquila) is a step too far for some purists.

Should I ever get my whole force painted and ready for actual games, I will brace myself for someone flipping the table.

I have him, painted in Crimson Fists colors. Not a bad idea. I may look for another in pewter and swap the axe for a Phoenix spear.

The Aquila works well for me since EC got exclusive rights to use it pre-heresy.

Good idea.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Galaspar posted:

The way I look at it, just about anything can be justified for characters (sergeants on up) because so many of them sport artificer armor which may or may not be unique suit or a prototype or some poo poo.

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord
That open day Libby is pretty cool except I would have to do a head swap because it looks like a giant constipated baby.......

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
poo poo's happening after years of sitting on my rear end.

My spraying booth also doubles as an awful lightbox, that's nice. Next time I'll try adding a second light.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Nice to see your stuff coming together Mango! Heresy train chugs forwards.

Also these aren't mine, but I thought this was a cool 1K sons conversion:

e: Custodes (AKA super super marines) rumors:

quote:

• the custodes are part of the ‘talons of the emperor’ army list which will include the sisters of silence and other non-astartes or mechanicum agents that the emperor sends to prospero, this list is purely themed to what was at prospero, but will be more than usable in regular gaming. each of the factions in the list will ‘probably’ be span off into seperate full size lists over the rest of the books.
  • the custodes element will be fully sized enough to be able to play a regular game without being restrictive. this will include vehicles (can’t wait for the ‘gift of the emperor’).
  • valdor is coming as their named character and is being considered alongside the primarchs in importence, (so probably being held for simon egan to do)
  • expect to see the full selection of units seen in the artwork. jetbikes, terminators, dreads and breachers alongside the basic spear guys.
  • they have ALL THE BLING

Really love getting our rumors for 12 year olds

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
how far away is prospero? i just got these drat bikes!!!!

edit: didn't realize outriders were also just plastic bike upgrades. fart.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

how far away is prospero? i just got these drat bikes!!!

It ain't coming man

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

BULBASAUR posted:

Oh yeah, I'm following the guy's project, he's doing an amazing job. Though I didn't notice until now how nicely the TK blades mix the the Mk4 power axes.

e. Is there a good ranged loadout for tactical vets? Are sniper heavy bolters/flamers any good?

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Before I finalize this set of Outrider bikes I have for some reason, I don't think I super want to run them with anything but twin-linked plas but should I magnetize to be safe? Melta has some small promise and maybe there's some synergy I haven't found with a cheapo bolter squad.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Rulebook Heavily posted:

Before I finalize this set of Outrider bikes I have for some reason, I don't think I super want to run them with anything but twin-linked plas but should I magnetize to be safe? Melta has some small promise and maybe there's some synergy I haven't found with a cheapo bolter squad.

Always magnetise if its easy.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
It's not easy, so answer found. :v:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Mango Polo posted:

Oh yeah, I'm following the guy's project, he's doing an amazing job. Though I didn't notice until now how nicely the TK blades mix the the Mk4 power axes.

e. Is there a good ranged loadout for tactical vets? Are sniper heavy bolters/flamers any good?

Unless you're sallies or blood angles you're looking at three ranged builds: sniper + heavy bolters, snipers + plasma, tank hunters + melta

The melta vets are probably the least effective out of the 3, but if it's a troops choice it's better than a tac squad. Heavy bolters and sniper is great against things like admech and rapiers. Plasma and sniper even more so.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

BULBASAUR posted:

Unless you're sallies or blood angles you're looking at three ranged builds: sniper + heavy bolters, snipers + plasma, tank hunters + melta

The melta vets are probably the least effective out of the 3, but if it's a troops choice it's better than a tac squad. Heavy bolters and sniper is great against things like admech and rapiers. Plasma and sniper even more so.

I like two missile tank hunter squads since they get assault. Though I usually throw a combi-melta in just cause.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

How would you guys go about making Anacharis? I'm thinking of using the tech priest dominus from 40k as a base, probably with the torso of the new enginseer. Any ideas on a weapon?

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

BULBASAUR posted:

Oh good, I was hoping to use the heavy bolters since I like the new ones. Plus one of my opponents really loves his terminators, so random AP2 is nice.

DJ Dizzy posted:

How would you guys go about making Anacharis? I'm thinking of using the tech priest dominus from 40k as a base, probably with the torso of the new enginseer. Any ideas on a weapon?

Super easy. Take Draykavac and mount him on the tail of a Brass Scorpion :v:
I honestly think it'd be cool

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

BULBASAUR posted:

Where is this dude posting his work at?

nvm, found it http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/314986-shattered-legions-assemble/page-9

DrPop fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Jun 8, 2016

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

DJ Dizzy posted:

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Oh god i need that in my life

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord
I am working on a Anacharis Scoria very slowly myself

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
This is a good page.

To add to that, while work has been keeping me insanely busy I did manage to almost finish my first 20 tacticals.

Vexilla bearers. Now I see that I forgot to clean up one of the vexillas.

Tacticals who stole some High Elf gear.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Finally finished the second half of my first tactical squad:

And here's the whole mob of 20:

It was my first time in a long time doing a blend on the power sword and I'm not exactly thrilled with how it came out. Looks good from tabletop distance though. I went with the red helmet on the sergeant as they're post-Calth, and it's no longer a sign of censure. I also just really, really like red helmets with the racing stripe! I also cut a skull off a scroll case bit and used that to give the sergeant's shoulderpad the trademark red skull in the ultima to make the sergeant iconography.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Wtfffffffffffff

Stop making me want to play Smurfs. Goddrat those are loving pretty.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

SRM posted:

Finally finished the second half of my first tactical squad:
Nice! It's really cool to see you do a more "traditional" Ultramarines scheme as a comparison to your old school 2nd edition dudes. Out of curiosity, where'd the sergeant's sword come from?

DJ Dizzy posted:

Wtfffffffffffff

Stop making me want to play Smurfs. Goddrat those are loving pretty.
Stay strong. The Prospero book will come out some day.

Seeing all the WIP and completed models on this page make me want to get back to work on mine. I've been traveling for a long time, but I've only got... 16 days until I'm home. Then I can nerd out for like a week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
That blue and gold go together perfectly. Those are fantastic models.