Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

hahahaha that's great

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
https://twitter.com/omarkelly/status/739941005630287872

God bless you and your service to the community, Omar.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Omar was going on and on about how Tunsil sucked during OTA's and literally every other beat writer was saying the opposite and now this was posted:

http://www.mypalmbeachpost.com/news...remium-referral

quote:

“He’s been really, really impressive,” offensive coordinator Clyde Christensen said. “He just has one of those demeanors that he doesn’t get out of whack easily. He’s kind of steady, slow and steady, and it’s been really good.”

“He’s every bit what we thought he was, which has a chance to be exceptional,” Christensen said. “He works. He pays attention. He doesn’t make the same mistake over and over again, which you look for in a rookie.”

lol

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
James Walker said he's never seen a tackle so large move so well

Omar trying to be contradictory well I never

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I love how he tries to make this sound like a bad thing

http://www.cleveland.com/opinion/index.ssf/2016/06/ali_ushered_in_the_era_of_pree.html posted:

The first is his creation of the preening, prancing, unapologetically boastful demeanor that has become such a familiar plague on the world of sports. Every batter who hits a home run and stands at the plate for long moments admiring it, every basketball player who taunts the other team after sinking a three-pointer, every football player who breaks into a foolish dance after making a tackle – all of them are Ali's progeny.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Quality dog whistling by homeboy with that paragraph.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

He hates shameless, boasting, preeners who haven't accomplished anything of worth, but you know he's going to vote for Trump.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
is that my boy Phil Mushnick

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
James Walker has the easiest job

He breaks absolutely nothing and simply repeats stories from beat writers or pff or other sites. It's insane how lazy he is.

Omar of course called out for being the only guy to say Tunsil looked bad. Calls other writers sheep lol.

It's seriously like this every year. Naanee is the best example

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

look at this guy's headlines:

Gorilla incident proves that we've become a nation of busybodies

So tired of hearing people whine about Cleveland sports miseries :stare:

Bureaucrats and lawyers trying to regulate Uber into submission -- and out of commission

Let Chief Wahoo opponents be offended on their own time, and leave the rest of us alone

Non-union teachers had almost won their freedom - and then Antonin Scalia died

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

NC-17 posted:

look at this guy's headlines:

Gorilla incident proves that we've become a nation of busybodies

So tired of hearing people whine about Cleveland sports miseries :stare:

Bureaucrats and lawyers trying to regulate Uber into submission -- and out of commission

Let Chief Wahoo opponents be offended on their own time, and leave the rest of us alone

Non-union teachers had almost won their freedom - and then Antonin Scalia died

lol that guy is like the volcanic vent in the bottom of the ocean of takes and that last one was perfectly timed

Nov 6, 2002

Holy moly, reading the rest of that article.

quote:

He is praised for taking a principled stand, and there's little doubt about that. He was opposing the war, not trying to avoid going to battle: What he avoided was a cushy two-year hitch of publicity appearances and exhibition matches; no way was Muhammad Ali ever going to be handed an M-16 and sent into the Vietnam jungle.

But I'll let others applaud him for sacrificing those years of his career in an antiwar protest.

I'll save my admiration for people like baseball great Ted Williams, who lost almost five full seasons as a fighter pilot in World War II and Korea, and Cleveland's Bob Feller, who enlisted in the Navy right after Pearl Harbor and spent three of his prime years on the battleship USS Alabama in both oceans. And of course Pat Tillman, who lost his life in Afghanistan after walking away from a pro football career and enlisting in the Army after 9/11.

"I ain't got nothing against them Vietcong," Ali famously said at the time.

"Them Vietcong" killed 58,000 of his fellow Americans -- black and white, young and old, rich and poor -- while Ali was helping give them a reason to fight on.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yes because the Vietcong knew and gave a poo poo about Ali.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

WW2 and Vietnam were basically the same war

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Ehud posted:

True, both wars had a super power committing atrocities against civilian populace.

uh oh pancho!
Sep 3, 2004

THE MARATHON WAS COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY

CLEAR TIME SGDQ18

NC-17 posted:

Holy moly, reading the rest of that article.

always fun when people use pat tillman as a jingoistic talking point

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

yeah Ali is such a jerk for not participating in the perpetuation of a futile war against an ideology!!!!

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Ostentatious posted:

yeah Ali is such a jerk for not participating in the perpetuation of a futile war against an ideology!!!!

Clearly the way he failed us was by not fighting Nixon

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

swickles posted:

True, both wars had a super power committing atrocities against civilian populace.

Same one too!

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Ehud posted:

Every war since 1871 is the Franco-Prussian War.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Omar went on recorded screaming that Jones was going to sit out actual games and we need to pay him now.

He's shown up for mini camp

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
He basically deserves his own forums smilie at this point.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Just an aside, but: why did Reshad Jones drop to the 5th round?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

pangstrom posted:

Just an aside, but: why did Reshad Jones drop to the 5th round?

Raw. Coverage skills concerns. I remember Ireland wanted to trade up in the 3rd when he feel but he was overruled.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/reshad-jones?id=496739

He's improved pretty heavily on all of those. Rare case I suppose.

It's weird to say but as far as pure talent evaluation, Ireland was good.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

:ohdear:

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Please Omar just a seventh or eighth game please! We'll get better we promise!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
FRONT OFFICES ANSWER TO ME
I KEEP THEM ACCOUNTABLE

Nov 6, 2002

record settling

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Such a fuvkimg weak take though.

I SAID HELL PROBABLY IMPROVE

PROBABLY

loving hack

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
"No QB talk."

* Talks about Tannehill rest of the day.*

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Not seeing a problem there :smugbird:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Jason Whitlock serving up his hot takes with a nice glass of OJ: http://theundefeated.com/features/o-j-was-the-lesser-of-two-evils/

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

GobiasIndustries posted:

Jason Whitlock serving up his hot takes with a nice glass of OJ: http://theundefeated.com/features/o-j-was-the-lesser-of-two-evils/

Go tell the Brown and Goldman families you knowingly supported their murderer in order to make a point.

wait why am I reading and reacting to a Whitlock article

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Omar Kelly broke you is why

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Jason Whitlock holds a huge grudge against Ta-Nehisi Coates because Coates didn't leave the Atlantic for The Undefeated and that is hilarious to me

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Derp, that was a Wilbon column. The link just said The Undefeated and I still associate everything with that site with Whitlock. Same horrible premise, though.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Jason Whitlock holds a huge grudge against Ta-Nehisi Coates because Coates didn't leave the Atlantic for The Undefeated and that is hilarious to me

Lmao why would Coates leave the Atlantic for the undefeated

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

I thought Jason Whitlock didn't write for the Undefeated anymore because he was a big ol idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

florio messed with the wrong guy

https://twitter.com/JJWatt/status/745430050837782528

• Locked thread