Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Zoness posted:

this is actually fitting because there is no such thing as a friendly junkrat

excuse me junkrat is the friendliest guy in the roster

does anybody else remember your birthday? yeah i didn't think so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Oh yeah, I got randomed as Zarya during a Route 66 and finally understood how to play her, at least when it's 2 teams clusterfucking on the payload.

Kept dropping shields, kept getting 100 energy, kept bombing the loving poo poo out of the enemy team. Got a teamwipe with the ult. If only I could figure out how to play her like that every time I'd play her more.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

Sometimes gimmick teams just don't work out that well. I got a :potg: as Symmetra and I'm proud of it. :3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow9F-TVVG4Y

objects in mirror
Apr 9, 2016

by Shine
a gimmick team is about the journey, not the destination

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I didn't realize until tonight that each character info page shows how challenging they are in a rating of 3 stars.
e: in the upper-right corner

Video Nasty fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jun 9, 2016

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I am absolutely the worst at McCree holy drat. I make my flanks really obvious I think.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Blizzard please make a WInston Raiden Skin. Take away his gun and just make him pump lightning out of his hands, and make his jump turn him into a lightning bolt like Raiden's torpedo move.

Good Idea Guy Here take note

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

He's not really a flanker. He's just OP in blind corridors. Most of the time he should be with the core group because he can shut down flankers so easily.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

McCree and Widow are both the worst characters in the game because they are goddamn worthless in the hands of a bad player and anti-fun in the hands of a good player.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

resistentialism posted:

He's not really a flanker. He's just OP in blind corridors. Most of the time he should be with the core group because he can shut down flankers so easily.

Yeah I've learned a strong Mcree either sits behind the rein shield and waits for idiots to get too close or he hides in a corridor and erases whoever passes him w/o noticing where he is.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Bitching in this thread is so bad I heard it across the forum in byob. Maybe head over to the bitching thread for that.

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric
So I get a loss on my record if I enter a game that's about to end and my team is losing? Yeah that makes loving sense.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The only thing I don't like in Overwatch is the AFK script. It understandable if your playing solo, but when in a group match, it sucks if you get interrupted and get kicked out of the match and have to spectate a match. And the added lovely bonus of afk kicks I imagine count toward the leaver punishment.

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric

Fabricated posted:

Oh yeah, I got randomed as Zarya during a Route 66 and finally understood how to play her, at least when it's 2 teams clusterfucking on the payload.

Kept dropping shields, kept getting 100 energy, kept bombing the loving poo poo out of the enemy team. Got a teamwipe with the ult. If only I could figure out how to play her like that every time I'd play her more.

A good Zarya can be a nightmare to kill.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

My game seems to be bugged, people can still pick Widowmaker in my matches.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I saw a pretty good noob-stomping strategy defending r66. Mercy, Lucio, Winston, Soldier, Zarya, and one other. Probably Tracer. The idea is just always have someone on the loving cart so they can't push it at all while your team ineffectually sprays fire everywhere except the guy on the cart and the attacking Lucio (i.e. me) has to kill goddamn everything with his sound gun. It works because 1) pubbies can't aim and 2) half your pubbies will be a mile from the objective with poorly chosen characters. You have resurrections, barriers, sound barriers, Winston ults, rewinds, blinks, etc. just in case the enemy team ever accidentally sprays fire in the direction of the cart, and Soldier ults to finally kill the bastards.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Rirse posted:

The only thing I don't like in Overwatch is the AFK script. It understandable if your playing solo, but when in a group match, it sucks if you get interrupted and get kicked out of the match and have to spectate a match. And the added lovely bonus of afk kicks I imagine count toward the leaver punishment.

don't go afk

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
DO brawls give the same exp as regular matches?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Grammaton posted:

So I get a loss on my record if I enter a game that's about to end and my team is losing? Yeah that makes loving sense.

n... not a loss...

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Mortimer posted:

don't go afk

Sometimes humans have biological needs for nourishment or waste disposal that could easily be taken care of during the setup/character select phase, since it takes 2 minutes for some reason

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I saw a pretty good noob-stomping strategy defending r66. Mercy, Lucio, Winston, Soldier, Zarya, and one other. Probably Tracer. The idea is just always have someone on the loving cart so they can't push it at all while your team ineffectually sprays fire everywhere except the guy on the cart and the attacking Lucio (i.e. me) has to kill goddamn everything with his sound gun. It works because 1) pubbies can't aim and 2) half your pubbies will be a mile from the objective with poorly chosen characters. You have resurrections, barriers, sound barriers, Winston ults, rewinds, blinks, etc. just in case the enemy team ever accidentally sprays fire in the direction of the cart, and Soldier ults to finally kill the bastards.

Also I had 5:33 of loving objective time to give you an idea of what a long hellish slog this was

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Mortimer posted:

don't go afk

The first time my computer loads a map it takes so long that I sometimes get AFK kicked before I even load.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

So, uh, this happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7KfdUc7kYg

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Macaluso posted:

I'm 5 gold away from a legendary skin. And I'm torn on getting the Hayseed one for Junkrat or Abominable for Mei. I really wish I could preview the skins on things like highlights and victory poses and emote and stuff so I can see how they'd look. Because a friend made the point that the Hayseed mask would hide all of Junkrat's expressions and I have the best Junkrat highlight intro equipped right now (shooting himself in the balls), and it'd hide his face in that intro. Then again I'd also love the gold lion armor for Reinhardt, or either the El Blanco or Plague Doctor for Reaper. Gaaahhh

D.Va is like the only one where I like her default skin the most. It has the best color already (pink). If one of her junker skins came in pink I'd be more interested in those.

For what it's worth, in your exact same situation, I bought Hayseed and now highly regret not getting the fire Mei skin

iroguebot
Feb 15, 2001

Nerf this!

Soothing Vapors posted:

all it took was one game with a goon who wouldn't stop burping and chewing wetly into the microphone to put me on PTT or bust forever

Was it me, was I the goon? :(

I have a horrible habit of laughing loudly at silly poo poo that happens during matches.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I dunno why people don't use PTT by default.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I've got a group of friends who insist on open mic.
I've done it a couple of times.. after years of PTT it just feels wrong.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
the hayseed skin is poo poo, i got it in a random box but it just doesnt feel right so I switched back to regular junkrat

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
That was a close match I had with my friend that I was sure we were going to lose. I was pretty lovely as Pharah the whole match, but pulled a crazy move at the end that wiped the other team out and got the win.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuwpOl25vc0

And my reward after the match was a loot crate with the Safari Winston skin. :toot:

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

*oops

Night Blade fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Jun 9, 2016

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
Noticed today: The game will tell you that having three Torbjorns on your team is too many Torbjorns. This is clearly a bug.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Soothing Vapors posted:

n... not a loss...

Does getting a loss even... do anything? Especially if you come into the end of a match that's a defeat you get little or no XP anyway right? I dunno why people care if you still get counted at a loss, you aren't punished for it

Rocketlex posted:

Noticed today: The game will tell you that having three Torbjorns on your team is too many Torbjorns. This is clearly a bug.

Went against a defense team that went 6 Torbs. We couldn't move the car more than a few inches. We couldn't destroy the turrets faster than they could go back up + the ults. I don't have any idea what to do or suggest to the group to do in that situation, even with the counters for them like Phara or Junkrat or Winston. And the range on the turrets is insane. It's the one "all X" composition that a group I've been in has never been able to beat.

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Jun 9, 2016

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Macaluso posted:

Does getting a loss even... do anything? Especially if you come into the end of a match that's a defeat you get little or no XP anyway right? I dunno why people care if you still get counted at a loss, you aren't punished for it

Some people actually care about their win/loss ration. I do not.

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Low morale causes the golems to dance in panic.
I tried using PTT in this game tonight, and god drat is it impossible to use with the default ` binding. I simply don't have time to press a button mid-game to inform everyone about key stuff like the tracer/reaper flanking us or the widowmaker ult or any of that crap. Dunno what it is; TF2's V seems more natural? But I so rarely used voice in that game I really don't know if that's the case, and I'm pretty sure that key has some other function in Overwatch I don't want to unbind.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Bluhman posted:

I tried using PTT in this game tonight, and god drat is it impossible to use with the default ` binding. I simply don't have time to press a button mid-game to inform everyone about key stuff like the tracer/reaper flanking us or the widowmaker ult or any of that crap. Dunno what it is; TF2's V seems more natural? But I so rarely used voice in that game I really don't know if that's the case, and I'm pretty sure that key has some other function in Overwatch I don't want to unbind.

I can't really talk, I rebound my PTT to something people would no doubt find ridiculous due to a combination of lovely keyboard + too many other hotkeys but after years my muscle memory goes nuts if I ever try to change it to something more sensible

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Verranicus posted:

Some people actually care about their win/loss ration. I do not.

Yeah but why. Does it do anything? Do you get punished for it? Does it change the MMR thing? I doubt getting a loss from that particular circumstance would matter all that much since it doesn't happen that often. You'll get way more losses from just... losing normally.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Even at 1/4 speed I still can't figure out what happened here :psyduck:

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Macaluso posted:

Does getting a loss even... do anything?

what profit has a man from all his labor, in which he toils under the sun?

all is vanity

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Icedude posted:

Even at 1/4 speed I still can't figure out what happened here :psyduck:

My teammates thought it was for a denial, but... I dunno, seems like Pharah got it off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Macaluso posted:

Went against a defense team that went 6 Torbs. We couldn't move the car more than a few inches. We couldn't destroy the turrets faster than they could go back up + the ults. I don't have any idea what to do or suggest to the group to do in that situation, even with the counters for them like Phara or Junkrat or Winston. And the range on the turrets is insane. It's the one "all X" composition that a group I've been in has never been able to beat.

In my experience, the turret's worst enemy is teamwork. In addition to counters like Junkrat or Phara for turret destruction, silo up with a Reinhardt or two for protection, along with a Lucio healing. Also, killing the Torbs is as important as killing the turrets if not moreso.