Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Sure.

I thought old trek and NüTrek are both canon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Automatic Slim posted:

There was also that episode where they summoned Satan onto the bridge. Kind of seems like a security risk. They should've done that in the brig or shuttle bay.

Which Satan?

naem
May 29, 2011

JediTalentAgent posted:

Why don't they just beam intruders into space? Seal all decks and release knockout gas through atmospheric controls.

Of if you want to be inhumane, route intruders through to the holodeck and trap them in the hell that is an endless Voyager corridors.

edit: The holodecks seem to run fine with their power supply, so turn this into real-life "Sims" entertainment for the crew with the safeties off.

Releasing waves of flesh-eating bugs, failing life support, etc.

Why not combine the transporter and replicator into a terror weapon that transmutes enemy ship's atmosphere to a writhing mass of screaming sentient flesh and drown them

Why not just have your own dilithium crystal powered holodeck and bury it on an ocean floor, crawl in, and nail the door shut

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

criscodisco posted:

Which Satan?

The 70s Heavy metal kind not the 80s hair metal kind.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

criscodisco posted:

Which Satan?

Ardra was fine with her stripper-figure skater-dress pattern model look, but as soon as she turned into that matronly governess of Picard's deepest fantasies I completely soured on her. Much more so than when she became Fek'lhr.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
Keiko finally comes back after like an entire season and she immediately calls O'Brien fat and nags him about his diet. Then his daughter disappears into a spatial anomaly.

All is as it should be. The O'Brien must suffer.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

It's a wonder O'Brien didn't turn to Satan worship.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Keiko finally comes back after like an entire season and she immediately calls O'Brien fat and nags him about his diet. Then his daughter disappears into a spatial anomaly.

All is as it should be. The O'Brien must suffer.

She likes to keep fit.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
In an ideal world Data would have role played as Columbo in the holodeck and the computer would have created a sentient Johnny Cash who tried to take over the ship.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Blistex posted:

She likes to keep fit.

hachi machi

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

naem posted:

Why not combine the transporter and replicator into a terror weapon that transmutes enemy ship's atmosphere to a writhing mass of screaming sentient flesh and drown them

Why not just have your own dilithium crystal powered holodeck and bury it on an ocean floor, crawl in, and nail the door shut

I think something pretty close to that happened in Insurrection and with the big hunter aliens on Voyager

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Hector Beerlioz posted:

In an ideal world Data would have role played as Columbo in the holodeck and the computer would have created a sentient Johnny Cash who tried to take over the ship.

And Kate Mulgrew starred as "Mrs. Columbo". The circle is complete.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Automatic Slim posted:

And Kate Mulgrew starred as "Mrs. Columbo". The circle is complete.

"Computer, delete the wife"

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Blistex posted:

She likes to keep fit.

:flashfap:

naem
May 29, 2011

criscodisco posted:

I think something pretty close to that happened in Insurrection and with the big hunter aliens on Voyager

You could just teleport over lots and lots of cheese

"Omg stop, with the cheese" (romulans)

"Seriously stop, it's not even funny guys it really stinks in here GAAAAH" (buried in cheese, flounders)

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Blistex posted:

She likes to keep fit.

hmm

well

maybe o'brien did something right for once

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I've taken the time to highlight some areas where she could stand to get some lipo.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

criscodisco posted:

I've taken the time to highlight some areas where she could stand to get some lipo.

Miles O'Brien account spotted.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
didn't Gene say the cartoon isn't canon

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Watched the episode where Tuvok mind melds with a murderer and goes kinda crazy

I actually kinda liked it

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Monkey Fracas posted:

Watched the episode where Tuvok mind melds with a murderer and goes kinda crazy

I actually kinda liked it

Should you ever find your stamina flagging, the first three minutes of season six's fourth episode is the single greatest thing ever made in Voyager, possibly Trek itself, and contains only a small spoiler.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Ein cooler Typ posted:

didn't Gene say the cartoon isn't canon

Gene also said all females desire ferengi dick so :shrug:

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
What what that other show rod and berries made, Andromeda something? Was it any good?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

shadow puppet of a posted:

Should you ever find your stamina flagging, the first three minutes of season six's fourth episode is the single greatest thing ever made in Voyager, possibly Trek itself, and contains only a small spoiler.

This is the only Voyager anyone ever needs to watch. fuckin :laffo:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Hector Beerlioz posted:

What what that other show rod and berries made, Andromeda something? Was it any good?

Is that the one with Hercules that got weirdly religious at the end?

He also made Earth: Final Conflict, a series so bad even SyFy doesn't show it anymore.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Big Mean Jerk posted:

This is the only Voyager anyone ever needs to watch. fuckin :laffo:

Doctor daydream song?

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Hector Beerlioz posted:

He was dead before it was made, it was like that "Earth Final Conflict" show or whatever where they just pulled some old scripts of his out of the garbage or something and tried to capitalize on his name.

Andromeda started out legit interesting. Hercules is the commander of this huge warship in a vast empire, gets stuck on the event horizon of a black hole for 1,000 years and when he gets pulled out he has the strongest warship left because the galaxy is a huge poo poo pile suffering from 1,000 years of mad max beyond thunderdome.

By the fifth season they let Hercules write for the show and he was "The One" and they traveled to the past (which was the future?!) and he was the most important person in the galaxy who was destined to do something for some reason (The past was actually the present?)

I mean I sperg out about space shows, I watched every episode and I still have no idea what the gently caress.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Blistex posted:

Doctor daydream song?

Yessir. I'd never seen it before

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Janeway has had a private dining room large enough to be a galley. Goddamn.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I should just stop watching now and assume they abandon neelix and call it a day.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.
Holy poo poo you guys, I hang out with a girl for one evening and I come back to over 110 new posts in this thread? drat you nerds love Treks.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I hate trek. Or at least my favourite part of trek is making GBS threads on it.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Over in the TVIV Trek thread, it was pretty much agreed that all of us posting there hated it but couldn't stop watching.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Not true. I loved Trek since watching it daily since the age of two. I'd seen every episode of every Trek show but I stopped watching VOY around the sixth season. Life is too short to be stuck with something so empty and bland. I can't even hate it. That would've meant it would've been interesting.

Velisarius
Nov 1, 2009
So Janeway just told some Matrix Demon to go to hell after it tried to convince her she was dead.

Was this ever followed up? Her father said she was going to nourish him.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Velisarius posted:

Was this ever followed up?

Any time you ask this question of Voyager, I assure you the answer is going to be "No".

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Blistex posted:

Doctor daydream song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBW7XkXFZSU

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

This is missing Neelix's spot-on human exclamation of "Bravo!" Needs the full three minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIjOifRG-u8

This version, this version belongs in the thread OP.

I can't be alone in wishing that dropped hypospray landed with a soft fleshy thud and an extra grunt from Tuvok.

shadow puppet of a fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Jun 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
In the ep where Tuvok goes murderey he creates a holodeck simulation of Neelix being extremely annoying and he cannot stop himself from brutally killing him lol

hmmm what can I use to see if I can handle being about in the general population

what is the most annoying thing I can think of