Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tunicate
May 15, 2012

When will then be now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Tunicate posted:

When will then be now?

Soon.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set plans ahead.

Working Daze knows hacking is magic.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix is totes adorbs.

Halibut Barn
May 30, 2005

help

Wanamingo posted:

Inspector Danger

Dammit Inspector, one of the top GIS hits for 'podiatrist':

A lot of the other results with stethoscopes look like staged stock photos, but this one seems legit.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
That's a decently non-offensive joke from Working Daze. I'll let it slide. I'm sure they'll be back in horrible lane in no time!

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

SomeMathGuy posted:

It's pretty straightforward: Crankshaft takes place now, ten years before Funky Winkerbean, which takes place now. Back in now they had social media, but over a decade later in now, Fallen Star came out in 1997. But as now is now, now can't be 1997, so now Fallen Star came out back in now.

Can you explain the timeline when Les Moore gets the Triforce?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That sounds like too much of an achievement for him.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

You folks really need to invest in a copy of the Cancerbean Chronologia.

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost

Oh dear god. That woman is going to murder the children and feed them to the local wildlife.

Worst Comic in the Thread, or, Gasoline Alley

Pearls Before Swine

Middle School Action Comics!, or, Big Nate

Descent into Madness, or, Ziggy

Ye Olde Fox Trot

Best Comic in the Thread, or, Cul de Sac

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

We need to get luannfan1212 an account.
They're going to go underwater, aren't they? This comic should have a warning "If in a cave, don't do any of this stuff."

BigglesSWE posted:

That's a decently non-offensive joke from Working Daze. I'll let it slide. I'm sure they'll be back in horrible lane in no time!
Remember: His mother-in-law doesn't like him because he's not geeky enough. The next week or so should be unbearable.

F Minus

I don't get it.

Mary Worth

"On Sundays I feel like I'm a well-defined individual, but every other day I feel like some kind of generic 'person.' It's weird."

Rex Morgan MD

"Well, I guess we can put it in the garage with the other millions."

Secret Agent X-9

Apartment 3-G

"Because I...shut up!"

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010

Johnny Walker posted:

F Minus

I don't get it.

Modern cars don't use keys for the ignition or locks, instead you get a fob that detects when you are in range to unlock and start the car with a push of a button.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
500 grand, for a bunch of comics that have been mouldering in an attic for 25 years? gently caress off.

Unless Nic Cage is buying them.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

dirksteadfast posted:

Modern cars don't use keys for the ignition or locks, instead you get a fob that detects when you are in range to unlock and start the car with a push of a button.
Oh! You know what my problem was? I was thinking of the saying "The secret to my success" not "the key to my success." Thanks! Now it makes some sense.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

goatface posted:

500 grand, for a bunch of comics that have been mouldering in an attic for 25 years? gently caress off.

And they're not even Starbuck Jones, who would even want them?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

goatface posted:

If they're like, the only extant copies and signed by the original author, and it's a well-beloved series, maybe.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Isn't this like the second time Mark Trail has decided "water has to go somewhere, so let's just hope it's not into hundreds of kilometres of underground river tunnels as any reasonable person would expect this far under the earth"? Did Jam Esellan just get really upset that we kept making fun of how sweaty the characters were and decided they needed a cool dip? Will we ever see another animal in this comic ostensibly about nature?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

The underwater caves will be lit by phosphorescent fish that fart out basketball-sized bubbles of fresh air.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Heathcliff

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

Tomorrow's strip has Hugh wearing a raccoon coat and playing the ukulele while riding around in a Stutz Bearcat.

Pibgorn Wahoo Terminal

Aardmania fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jun 9, 2016

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Pogo (June 7, 9 and 10, 1958)

Peanuts: Year Five (December 30, 1954-January 2, 1955)

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

EasyEW posted:

Thimble Theater (December 26, 1929)

Her face is that crone / maiden optical illusion.
Phone posting or I'd post a copy of it.

Stuccojeff
May 2, 2009

Aardmania posted:

9 Chickweed Lane

Ugh, Look at that third panel. Brooke wanted to slip a dick into the comics and it looks like he finally did.

:dong:

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Moomin

Classic Dilbert

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Wanamingo posted:

Arlo and Janis
No they aren't.

Wanamingo posted:

Inspector Danger
That nurse looks more like a mechanic.

Johnny Walker posted:

Apartment 3-G
I wonder if Tommie actually thinks this is a good plan or if she's just trying to get rid of her?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Well, they are, sort of; frogs and toads are in the same order, but are in fact different species. There are multiple species of frogs, some of which are toads. So, technically both you and Arlo are wrong actually.

But yeah, toads are just dry, lumpy frogs basically.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

1. Clearly she's too dense to get it, so quit piss-making GBS threads around and just tell her directly, "You. I'm pursuing you. Jesus."

2. She should say the same to Piro.

3. Mmmmm. Charcoal ice cream.

The Amazing Spider-Man

He just remembered he has a non-lethal attack.

Sally Forth

The person who noted that she's got some great crazy eyes was spot on.

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Roland Jones posted:

Well, they are, sort of; frogs and toads are in the same order, but are in fact different species. There are multiple species of frogs, some of which are toads. So, technically both you and Arlo are wrong actually.

But yeah, toads are just dry, lumpy frogs basically.

If toads are frogs then toads and frogs are not "two different species". Some species of frogs are commonly known as toads, but they are still frogs.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tiggum posted:

If toads are frogs then toads and frogs are not "two different species". Some species of frogs are commonly known as toads, but they are still frogs.

Point, I see what you were getting at. Sorry; I have a fever or something that's making my head very uncomfortable so I'm a bit out of it.

Also today's Luann is amazing. Gunther sucks so much. Stop Nice Guy-ing around and just say something. And then get rejected because you suck.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

EasyEW posted:

Peanuts: Year Five (December 30, 1954-January 2, 1955)

nooooooo

:smith:

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Mark Trail Meets a Valid Point for Once in This loving Arc

Pearls Before Swine

The Phantom

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Aardmania posted:

Piranha Club

Yeah pretty sure you don't get to use the editor joke, buddy, considering what he does go for on a regular basis, although I think it's more likely that when your strips come in he just sighs, shoves them in the Approved bin without looking and reaches for the bottom drawer.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Julet Esqu posted:

3. Mmmmm. Charcoal ice cream.

Salty licorice ice cream is the best.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
ignorant americans! raaa!

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Personally, I prefer eating poo.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
wow there's mämmi ice cream nowadays?

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Horse going for the underserved "adult innumerate" market.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

These dumb loving crush games that they play in Luann would sorta work in middle school or high school settings, but gently caress for me if one of the best things about not being in high school or middle school is that people grow up. They shouldn't have bothered setting the strip forward in college if they aren't going to mature the characters at all.

Of course that insane man in the comments section certainly shows there's a market for it. That'd be a pretty good topic for the FPlus maybe, newspaper comic superfans.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Nenonen posted:

Personally, I prefer eating poo.

Is that the new Al Jolson brand ice cream?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIaj7FNHnjQ

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Also, does this imply that Cancerwife is still alive in 1997/now/ten years in the future?

• Locked thread