Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Didn't watch the replay yet but I'm on the T37 and working towards it. I love my Ru 251 though.

However, whenever a tank pisses me off so much in this game, I figure I should get it myself. The T49 fits that criteria.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Apparently the enemy Lowe in that replay got real loving upset.

imgur url thataway, pics might be out of order or whatever, but gently caress it I'm not rereading that, poor guy got so loving upset I actually feel a bit bad about it

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

WitchFetish posted:

gently caress it I'm not rereading that[/url]

Put :effort: in, you get :effort: out.

But seriously, is 33k euros a year a lot?

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jun 6, 2016

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Congratulations on earning 4th place for the Stand-To 06.03.16.
Your account has been credited with your one crew experience booster and 75,000 credits.

Looking for more Stand-To action? This week focuses on one of the most popular tiers - tier VI!! Check out the Forums to find all the information.

-Wargaming America eSports

We came in 4th place. :smith:

Oh well, we all had a lot of fun. I having fun is supposed to be half the battle!

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Lol if you have fun in tanks

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
It's really only the platooning. More specifically the goon chat I think. Takes me away from the "game" that is going on a couple of feet from my face. The guys I platoon with are mostly Pansies and we don't really tolerate spergs. We try to cheer them up instead so they don't drag everyone down to their terrible level of hate/rage/blaming the world for some stupid game. :haw:

We try. It's difficult though.

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

Pennywise the Frown posted:

The guys I platoon with are mostly Pansies

quote:

we don't really tolerate spergs

ummmmm.....

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Salean posted:

ummmmm.....

heh, just the guys that I platoon with which is a very small handful. And not necessarily spergs, I guess just the people that everything has to go right or else they get pissed and blow up and quit. We're just like. Eh, gently caress it. Next game. :shrug:

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

MariusLecter posted:

Put :effort: in, you get :effort: out.

But seriously, is 33k euros a year a lot?

I'm not reading that either, but did he really mention an annual salary? By default, when you talk about salary anywhere in Europe I've been, the figure is monthly.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
I'd like to read the LTP, Stuart, or Polish tank articles, if convenient.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Ensign Expendable posted:

I'm not reading that either, but did he really mention an annual salary? By default, when you talk about salary anywhere in Europe I've been, the figure is monthly.

"I make 33K euros a year" some googling tells me that's a little over 37K USD. So he's doing fine, not corperate headquarters Germany money though.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

hey help Slava and SerB unfuck the mess they've come back to

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/17/sandbox-announce/

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Prav posted:

hey help Slava and SerB unfuck the mess they've come back to

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/17/sandbox-announce/

Reminder that Rampage mode was actually pretty fun for a short period of time, and then they hosed it up so badly that it will never come back. My fear with this is that they have an iteration that gets widespread good reviews and is as fun as the game has ever been, and they gently caress it up somehow for some dumb reason.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i'm more worried about good changes not making it through than i am about bad ones going all the way to live

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Prav posted:

i'm more worried about good changes not making it through than i am about bad ones going all the way to live

Same.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
I love hearing pubbies trying to explain the secret of fast-capping via the beach on Overlord: "it's the fastest route and no one goes there, you'll always win!"

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I called out some shitters going beach at the start of a round, some idiot is like thats how you win this map. 5 minutes later we are winning and hes like "See thats how you win you retard" 100% had to do with useless tanks driving on the beach and not me and a few other tanks actually shooting tanks the whole game.

tl:dr game bad

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

BadLlama posted:

I called out some shitters going beach at the start of a round, some idiot is like thats how you win this map. 5 minutes later we are winning and hes like "See thats how you win you retard" 100% had to do with useless tanks driving on the beach and not me and a few other tanks actually shooting tanks the whole game.

tl:dr game bad

You have to call people who go beach out during the countdown in allchat. Not only will you have enemy players chiming in to also mock the morons dumb enough to take their tank permanently out of the fight, you'll also encourage the worst kind of player on the enemy team to go beach, thereby reducing the number of enemies actually facing you. Plus, after the fight is over and whichever team won is murdering the shitheads frantically trying to climb up out of the beach, you can have a good laugh at their expense. Also maybe sometimes they'll learn from their mistakes.

localloop
Jan 2, 2007
I got TD-15 on the Stug and T-28 missions thanks to Overlord beach, so I can't complain about it.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

that's my boy

Yeonik
Aug 23, 2010
I don't think I even know what the beach looks like on overlord.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Yeonik posted:

I don't think I even know what the beach looks like on overlord.

I know well what the beach looks like, I've seen it from midair many a time.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Hellsau posted:

I know well what the beach looks like, I've seen it from midair many a time.

Qft

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

so i've noticed I never see the clan icon on any of my tanks and pretty sure nobody in battle has them either, has some xvm mod I'm cheating with ruin them or did WG poo poo bed?

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
its wg they somehow managed to remove the clan icons in the last patch

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Ensign Expendable posted:

In the US, I've only ever heard salary discussed as the annual value. Someone might then interpolate that to "5k a month" but you'd always be talking about a "60k salary." I guess it's a regional distinction. :shrug:

Blindeye posted:

I love hearing pubbies trying to explain the secret of fast-capping via the beach on Overlord: "it's the fastest route and no one goes there, you'll always win!"

Let me tell you about Lakeville Valley....
:goonsay:

Fat Jesus posted:

so i've noticed I never see the clan icon on any of my tanks and pretty sure nobody in battle has them either, has some xvm mod I'm cheating with ruin them or did WG poo poo bed?

Kek, I thought it was just me! So Wargaming hosed up again? What a surprise! And were clan icons supposed to have been modified (per the patch notes) or is this yet another thing that they secretly "tweaked"? :jerkbag:

Mr.48
May 1, 2007

Steelion posted:

Yeah I'm looking at the 4503 and it doesn't look terribly impressive.

I tried it yesterday, and its like a slow FCM 50t. Therefore as an FCM 50t owner I figured I dont need a slower version of the same tank. Bullying tier 5 tanks in tier 7 games was pretty fun though.

Scapegoat posted:

Any premiums get a buff in 9.15 that makes them actually decent now?

The 10% penetration buff for the Skoda T40 and the premium Japanese tier 6 Tiger probably helped a lot, given that it even made the Jagdpanzer 4 tolerable.

Mr.48 fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Jun 9, 2016

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

These Sandbox leaks are hilarious.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

they look like someone merged in all the different what-if branches in at once

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Played a round since I woke up way before I needed to. Already got hate for using the E-75 like a German heavy when top tier. Not my fault your team couldn't spot or come after me. I agree, though, it is my fault that I didn't rush the enemy front line to get all guns trained on me. God drat, having 10% snap shot on this tanks make a legitimately noticeable difference. (Combined with full situational awareness, full recon, and coated optics of course.)

WoT posted:

Serbian1 (6:44:54 AM) of course u have 47% of wins ....play well noob
Captain_Blaargh (6:45:06 AM) Noob? lol
Captain_Blaargh (6:45:27 AM) 49% in this tank!
Serbian1 (6:45:33 AM) hahaha ...u r not ace ...dont you ?
Serbian1 (6:45:41 AM) still on monkey level
Captain_Blaargh (6:45:44 AM) But yeah, your team needed to come after me.
Captain_Blaargh (6:45:48 AM) Ook ook!
Serbian1 (6:45:59 AM) bye
Captain_Blaargh (6:46:05 AM) Later!

Also I have ace tanker on it... so, yeah. Gonna be a good day.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Infected posted:

I like how the only change to the cgc is a major buff to its aim time. But otherwise left alone (being more blind isn't an issue for arty, other people are supposed to be doing that anyway).

On the other hand, all the other tanks looks like they took a nerf to their traverse speeds. Turrets got nearly halved it seems which will be amazing.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

JuffoWup posted:

On the other hand, all the other tanks looks like they took a nerf to their traverse speeds. Turrets got nearly halved it seems which will be amazing.

Wouldn't that drastically reduce the aim bloom as a function of that?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Rorac posted:

Wouldn't that drastically reduce the aim bloom as a function of that?

just imagine you had a yellow-damaged turret

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

Prav posted:

just imagine you had a yellow-damaged turret

That would be crushing for a lot of gameplay and strategies. Especially if you want to switch targets or circle-strafe.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

uh, it would greatly benefit circling since the enemy turret wouldn't actually keep up for once. and making it harder for one tank to shut down its entire fov sounds like a good thing to me

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
It should be noted though that the stats I was looking at on rita is apparently sandbox rough sketch and isn't what even the first iteration will be on it. Also, there are a lot fo tier 8 tanks in the stats while the devs have said they want to work tier 10s only at the start, then work down tier by tier. Not only balancing between tanks in a tier, but vertically to the tanks above it in tier. Perhaps we'll get that balance warships experienced in first impression back in beta. Where being the low level cruiser in a +2 tiered game didn't feel like you were floating around being useless.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Don't forget that the T10 soviet mediums now have 4k+ DPM, because those tanks really needed anything.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Infected posted:

Wait, which leaks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

Prav posted:

uh, it would greatly benefit circling since the enemy turret wouldn't actually keep up for once. and making it harder for one tank to shut down its entire fov sounds like a good thing to me

From my time in the Luchs I've had some trouble with circle strafing in the initial approach or if the area isn't open enough to go in complete circles. Plus if you get tracked in a fast tank now you get spun around so re-engaging a tank after that is tough. It will definitely cause a lot of frustration because it will have a steep learning curve.

From the heavy's perspective it's all or nothing I guess, lock down the light tank before he can turn his turret around to strafe or die horribly because let's be honest, pub games are 1v29 and no one will come to your aid.