Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥

open24hours posted:

Yeah this is another thing. When you take out insurance on your house you should be insured against everything. None of this 'well you weren't insured against meteor strike so too bad'.

congratulations, you just made insurance unaffordable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

open24hours posted:

It shouldn't really be legal to buy and sell property, or at least residential property, that can't be insured. Either the government should become an insurer of last resort, or they should be zoned so people can't live there. It's in no one's interest to have people losing their houses.

This would be a whole lot easier if councils and state governments were empowered to not cave in to the whims of property developers.

There was a similar case out of Melbourne where a bunch of houses were built in unsuitable areas on reactive clay and all the houses started crack. You can discuss insurance until the cows come home but ultimately there are experts and scientists who know about the risks associated with building in certain areas, the system just doesn't allow them to make the final decision.
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/thousands-of-suburban-home-owners-facing-financial-ruin-20140607-39q4z.html

Recoome posted:

What? TONY ABBOT is evolving!

Congratulations! Your TONY ABBOT evolved into a MALCOLM TURNBULL!

Someone could add the next few Prime Ministers to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxVHSDz1y0s

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Recoome posted:

What? TONY ABBOT is evolving!

Congratulations! Your TONY ABBOT evolved into a MALCOLM TURNBULL!

He's super DEFECTIVE!

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

Anidav posted:

So we should expect an announcement tomorrow?

ballot order and stuff are all decided tomorrow so yeah, think so

Quantum Mechanic
Apr 25, 2010

Just another fuckwit who thrives on fake moral outrage.
:derp:Waaaah the Christians are out to get me:derp:

lol abbottsgonnawin

LibertyCat posted:

RE David L: He has been active dealing with minorities who are likely to be pissed off at the nanny state.

lol, and where does this fit into his virulent racism against Muslims

Face it, mate, he's spent three years holding his dick and he's going to pay the price for being a glib, lazy piece of poo poo. And to think I was concerned your party might actually have established a beachhead in Parliament

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

As hilarious as it is to see global warming denying rich asshats get their comeuppance, this thread is being a bit ridiculous with all the "OBVIOUSLY THAT WOULD HAPPEN! WHY DID THEY CHOOSE TO LIVE THERE? DIDN'T THEY READ THEIR HOUSING DOCUMENTS???" as if every (or even a moderate sized minority of) beachfront property ends up getting destroyed by erosion (hint: doesn't happen).

You can be a poo poo person but still be correct that you weren't properly made aware of the risks, and the real problem is the insurance agents who'll insure for certain types of damages but not other? Cause really "oh we only pay out for water damage from the sky, not water damage from the ground" is some serious bullshit.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Shakugan posted:

As hilarious as it is to see global warming denying rich asshats get their comeuppance, this thread is being a bit ridiculous with all the "OBVIOUSLY THAT WOULD HAPPEN! WHY DID THEY CHOOSE TO LIVE THERE? DIDN'T THEY READ THEIR HOUSING DOCUMENTS???" as if every (or even a moderate sized minority of) beachfront property ends up getting destroyed by erosion (hint: doesn't happen).

You can be a poo poo person but still be correct that you weren't properly made aware of the risks, and the real problem is the insurance agents who'll insure for certain types of damages but not other? Cause really "oh we only pay out for water damage from the sky, not water damage from the ground" is some serious bullshit.

Sorry about your house dude

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥

Shakugan posted:

youre obviously new here

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Shakugan posted:

Goondolences for the loss of your sand dune house.

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
Moonsplaining time:

Kittens:

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥

DancingShade posted:

Goondolences for the loss of your sand dune house.

hey hey guys ive got something really funny to say

gay picnic defence posted:

Sorry about your house dude

awww

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
just build palm shacks like the one soag lives in, if it gets washed away build a new one tomorrow afternoon

asio
Nov 29, 2008

"Also Sprach Arnold Jacobs: A Developmental Guide for Brass Wind Musicians" refers to the mullet as an important tool for professional cornet playing and box smashing black and blood

Shakugan posted:

The problem actually is capitalism. Sorry about your class blindness

LibertyCat
Mar 5, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois

Quantum Mechanic posted:

lol, and where does this fit into his virulent racism against Muslims

Face it, mate, he's spent three years holding his dick and he's going to pay the price for being a glib, lazy piece of poo poo. And to think I was concerned your party might actually have established a beachhead in Parliament

Muslim isn't a race, and I'd happily stop them coming into the country - at least from parts of the world where "beheading those who insult the Prophet" etc is a common belief.

He's going to lose because the average Australian grew up in a nanny state & hates personal responsibility, loves banning things, and your poo poo party was complicit in killing democracy with the senate changes.

e: You've also stopped good people like Ricky ever being elected ever again so congratulations there.

LibertyCat fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Jun 9, 2016

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

LibertyCat posted:

Muslim isn't a race,

You need to update your troll sheets, no-one seriously thinks the hatred against Muslims isn't steeped in race. This phrase doesn't work any more.

AgentF
May 11, 2009

LibertyCat posted:

Muslim isn't a race, and I'd happily stop them coming into the country - at least from parts of the world where "beheading those who insult the Prophet" etc is a common belief.

He's going to lose because the average Australian grew up in a nanny state & hates personal responsibility, loves banning things, and your poo poo party was complicit in killing democracy with the senate changes.

e: You've also stopped good people like Ricky ever being elected ever again so congratulations there.

He's going to lose because the average Australian grew up with decent social services & hates underprivelege being treated like a personal failing, loves functioning government regulation, and your poo poo party was complicit in voters having control over where their votes actually end up.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

LibertyCat posted:

your poo poo party was complicit in killing democracy with the senate changes.

I don't quite understand this logic. How has it "killed democracy"? If people are numbering boxes for the people they want to elect it is way more democratic than the obscure GVTs it has eliminated.
If you are going to say it's the optional thing then what is your opinion of the USA? They don't even have preferences, is it a democracy?

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

LibertyCat posted:

Muslim isn't a race,

it also isn't a noun

LibertyCat
Mar 5, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois

Starshark posted:

You need to update your troll sheets, no-one seriously thinks the hatred against Muslims isn't steeped in race. This phrase doesn't work any more.

Someone having brown skin doesn't scare me. Someone who genuinely believes that unbelievers deserve to die (or at least won't fight to stop such deaths) does. We can respect the rights of Australians without bringing more people into the country who will help change our core beliefs for the worse.

I bet most of your "racists" would be ok with <insert ethnic group> Christian Refugees. Is it really that difficult to believe it's possible to not like a group for their beliefs, instead of their DNA?

AgentF posted:

He's going to lose because the average Australian grew up with decent social services & hates underprivelege being treated like a personal failing, loves functioning government regulation, and your poo poo party was complicit in voters having control over where their votes actually end up.

The Average Australian is like a bird that was raised in a cage, and when you open the door it doesn't know what to do so stays put.

How any Australian could go overseas and not be shocked at the casual civic freedoms other countries enjoy without major problem, that we don't get, is beyond me.

RC Bandit
Sep 7, 2012

Hanson: It's Time

Grimey Drawer
I want to open the floodgates of refugees into Australia and let all refugees into the country who wish to seek asylum.

Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

lol the country is fed up with your safe spaces and trigger warnings you useless special snowflakes, send the sjws to mexico

LibertyCat posted:

Someone having brown skin doesn't scare me. Someone who genuinely believes that unbelievers deserve to die (or at least won't fight to stop such deaths) does. We can respect the rights of Australians without bringing more people into the country who will help change our core beliefs for the worse.

I bet most of your "racists" would be ok with <insert ethnic group> Christian Refugees. Is it really that difficult to believe it's possible to not like a group for their beliefs, instead of their DNA?

The Average Australian is like a bird that was raised in a cage, and when you open the door it doesn't know what to do so stays put.

How any Australian could go overseas and not be shocked at the casual civic freedoms other countries enjoy without major problem, that we don't get, is beyond me.

I had a van reverse into the front of my motorbike today while I was on it, and on the way to an exam, the van punctured my front tire.

I would rather go through that again than read your loving posts.

AgentF
May 11, 2009
loving hell. This isn't even the first MLP avatar I've been cursed with. I don't even like the show!

Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

lol the country is fed up with your safe spaces and trigger warnings you useless special snowflakes, send the sjws to mexico

AgentF posted:

loving hell. This isn't even the first MLP avatar I've been cursed with. I don't even like the show!

Hahah I have my first ever av, I think it's save to say a nerve was touched, most possibly libertyshat's nerves.

Ah well, I've had a good run but now I'm stuck with a loving pony looking like some sort of dickhead.

My work here is done.

Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Money well spent you sack of poo poo, that $30+ could have fed a family for a week through various charities.

You are a real piece of work LibertyCat, I hope your life is as poo poo as your posting because I think you actually deserve a sad, poo poo life.

The self entitlement that so many cloak themselves in makes me loving weep, and you LibertyCat just straight up make me sad for humanity, people like you...

AgentF
May 11, 2009
:smug: excuse me but if you notice the wings you'll realise that it's actually a pegasus looking like some sort of dickhead

Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

AgentF posted:

:smug: excuse me but if you notice the wings you'll realise that it's actually a pegasus looking like some sort of dickhead

Ha there is too, I barely glanced at it before realising the poster above me (you) had the same lovely Av.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

LibertyCat posted:

I have a bird that was raised in a cage. When you open the door, he flies out and just chills and does what he wants, and is pretty happy.

Get a better analogy.

LibertyCat
Mar 5, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois
hah tbh I've bought my share of Auspol avatars but this wasn't me.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Yeah pretty sure it was the dude who pissed off Poseidon.

LibertyCat
Mar 5, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois

GoldStandardConure posted:

I have a bird that was raised in a cage. When you open the door, he flies out and just chills and does what he wants, and is pretty happy.

Get a better analogy.

Bird bird bird bird bird bird shitpost bird bird bird shitpost shitpost bird sleep wake eat bird bird. this an accurate representation of your day.

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥
i like this libertycat person shes pretty clever

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

LibertyCat posted:

Bird bird bird bird bird bird shitpost bird bird bird shitpost shitpost bird sleep wake eat bird bird. this an accurate representation of your day.

this >>>>>>>> ur poasts

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

LibertyCat posted:

Yeah that about sums it up. Sometimes I skate. I used to shoot! :aaa:

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

If libertycat is giving ponytars, then I guess he is raptorfag, not IWC.

Edit: nice meltdown

LibertyCat
Mar 5, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois

GoldStandardConure posted:

Yeah that about sums it up. Sometimes I skate. I used to shoot! :aaa:

Speaking of which I have a treat for you guys, as soon as my scanner finishes!

LibertyCat
Mar 5, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois
Greens and the ALP!

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥

Xerxes17 posted:

If libertycat is giving ponytars, then I guess he is raptorfag, not IWC.

Edit: nice meltdown

you guys have really low bars for meltdowns

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥

LibertyCat posted:

Greens and the ALP!

looks like some of those pages are stuck together

LibertyCat
Mar 5, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois
yep these 2