Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

ChickenWing posted:

this is bad and not good

I guess that's a matter of perspective. I'd rather be outed as someone with gender identity issues than someone who stole from goons.

But I guess I'm weird like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Nazareth posted:

I am trying to construct a skill plan where I train up my stealth bomber skills and then transition to black ops skills. Anyone have any advice or good skills I should know?

Deofuta posted:

Its a bit of a wonky trip unfortunately. The skills for a black ops battleship have more in common with piloting a dreadnaught than they do a stealth bomber. I'd even go to say they are nearly entirely mutually exclusive, beyond being used in tandem for things.

Beyond that, are you planning on using it in combat or mainly as a bridging tool? Do you have multiple characters training? Is one dedicated for this sort of thing or are you trying to hit a couple ships along the way?

The worst part of the Black Ops skill train is Battleship V and the Jump Drive skills (in Navigation). Black Ops (Blops) skills have more in common with carriers than anything else, but train for a Blops while sitting in your bomber. It's common to sit in one ship while looking forward to flying the next.

Blops is about to be buffed, according to Sisi. Right now you lose tether on a citadel for opening a jump bridge, but if Sisi changes are to be believed, you'll remain tethered while bridging after the patch at the end of this month.

Considering that we're moving to a Citadel-centric infrastructure and Jump Bridge Networks require SOV, and Blops gives a reduction to Jump Fatigue and have more range... Blops is about to be in fashion.

Naz al-Ghul
Mar 23, 2014

Honorarily Japanese

Deofuta posted:

Its a bit of a wonky trip unfortunately. The skills for a black ops battleship have more in common with piloting a dreadnaught than they do a stealth bomber. I'd even go to say they are nearly entirely mutually exclusive, beyond being used in tandem for things.

Beyond that, are you planning on using it in combat or mainly as a bridging tool? Do you have multiple characters training? Is one dedicated for this sort of thing or are you trying to hit a couple ships along the way?

I only play on one character. I plan on being combat oriented, but I hope to do bridging too if my team needs it. I don't have any ships in mind to do along the way.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Baculus posted:

Sorry you didn't get to be more historically significant.

Someone in Siren Swarm made sure to air their unanswered questions about you being trans-gender whatever or some poo poo. So there's that silver lining.

:iamafag:

You sure that wasn't me (not in sirenswarm) simply asking if anyone had ever heard Zeph on comms (because over nearly 2 years I never caught zeph on comms with a working mic).

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Baculus posted:

I guess that's a matter of perspective. I'd rather be outed as someone with gender identity issues than someone who stole from goons.

But I guess I'm weird like that.

wow dude.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
you should probably take a time out and think about what you said because that was bigoted.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
What? He's saying it's preferable to being a thief? Or are you mad about the use of the word "issue"? Idk maybe take a minute to htfu a little

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Also don't tripple post

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

who cares if someone is trans?

not using a mic on mumble is an unforgivable sin though, it makes you an elusif - the worst thing of all

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
Discussion of Angelique gets pretty weird every time people.

Nazareth posted:

I only play on one character. I plan on being combat oriented, but I hope to do bridging too if my team needs it. I don't have any ships in mind to do along the way.

Do you have any particular preferences towards a certain faction or weapon system? I like the panther quite a bit but I've seen people argue for every black ops ship available. Keep in mind that the skill Jump Portal Generation is not required for a Blops, but if you want to use the jump portal you will need it(duh)! And it requires Astrometrics V, so add another two weeks to your skill plan.

Deofuta fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jun 9, 2016

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

frozenpussy posted:

You sure that wasn't me (not in sirenswarm) simply asking if anyone had ever heard Zeph on comms (because over nearly 2 years I never caught zeph on comms with a working mic).

Someone made some comment about Angelique not having a mic on jabber, but then I distinctly remember someone talking about him being a member of Siren Swarm.

Maybe I'm wrong? IDK.

Also please explain to me how preferring gender identity issues being public knowledge rather than lovely personal character is a bigoted remark. I can totally play trigger bait, but it won't have anything to do with sexuality. :(

Edit: I don't understand the difference between "do" and "due" apparently.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Hi nobody should care about the specifics of Zeph's gender identity can we stop talking about it now ok thanks

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Baculus posted:

Someone made some comment about Angelique not having a mic on jabber, but then I distinctly remember someone talking about him being a member of Siren Swarm.

Maybe I'm wrong? IDK.

Also please explain to me how preferring gender identity issues being public knowledge rather than lovely personal character is a bigoted remark. I can totally play trigger bait, but it won't have anything to do with sexuality. :(

because you're the one loving who brought it up at all, and then comparing the two after that is just loving smarmy

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Helicon One posted:

Hi nobody should care about the specifics of Zeph's gender identity can we stop talking about it now ok thanks

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Baculus posted:

Maybe I'm wrong? IDK.

stop, drop (it), shut it down (your posting about this), (dont) open up shop

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Baculus posted:

Maybe I'm wrong? IDK.

You're obviously fishing for someone to post something so you can repost it somewhere else, since you're the person who brought up both points, gently caress off nerd.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Helicon One posted:

Also she wasn't the thief it was Rhea Bloodspike so the whole argument is terminally dumb and should be taken out back and shot.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Bloody Pom posted:

Hah, no way I'd touch missile skills. I'm training into Amarr inties right now.

lights and rockets are the two best weapon systems in the game hth

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Morris posted:

Also she wasn't the thief it was Rhea Bloodspike so the whole argument is terminally dumb and should be taken out back and shot.

So you think it belongs in this thread, then?

Edit: it refers to the argument.

Maneck fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Jun 9, 2016

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Baculus join Tishu you'll fit right in

MysteriousThing
Jul 21, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!

frozenpussy posted:

mmmmm I was under the impression the any-skin-any-ship rollback was motivated by wanting to sell the various combinations one by one.

You would be correct.

No point in marketing skins and families of them individually over time if some bug allows anybody to apply any skin to any ship.
It's my understanding that CCP makes decent money from people buying skins with aurum.

Naz al-Ghul
Mar 23, 2014

Honorarily Japanese

Deofuta posted:

Discussion of Angelique gets pretty weird every time people.

Do you have any particular preferences towards a certain faction or weapon system? I like the panther quite a bit but I've seen people argue for every black ops ship available. Keep in mind that the skill Jump Portal Generation is not required for a Blops, but if you want to use the jump portal you will need it(duh)! And it requires Astrometrics V, so add another two weeks to your skill plan.

I don't know a thing about ewar so not the Widow... I guess it's a tie between a Sin and a Panther. I think I'll go with Panther since training it can easily branch off into flying Hurricanes if the spirit moves me.

MysteriousThing posted:

You would be correct.

No point in marketing skins and families of them individually over time if some bug allows anybody to apply any skin to any ship.
It's my understanding that CCP makes decent money from people buying skins with aurum.

They better create a Quafe Titan skin. I'd buy a hundred PLEX and crash the market just to skill inject myself into a Quake Leviathan.

Naz al-Ghul fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jun 9, 2016

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Helicon One posted:

I think this is a very sage post and want the thread to follow it.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

MysteriousThing posted:

You would be correct.

Did you not read your probation reason?

MysteriousThing
Jul 21, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!

ChickenWing posted:

Did you not read your probation reason?

I try not to pay attention to try hards who flame and derail threads.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

You're obviously fishing for someone to post something so you can repost it somewhere else, since you're the person who brought up both points, gently caress off nerd.

Where the gently caress would I re-post anything from this thread that wouldn't result in embarrassment?

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb
wow this game gets boring after a while it's just shooting at red boxes/crosses

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Baculus posted:

Where the gently caress would I re-post anything from this thread that wouldn't result in embarrassment?

The only really embarrassing thing in this thread right now are your posts champ

Naz al-Ghul
Mar 23, 2014

Honorarily Japanese

VideoGames posted:

I think this is a very sage post and want the thread to follow it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz-qL1KfC-0

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

MysteriousThing posted:

okay neat but that doesn't answer the question

#noxenurias

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
preemptive swoon over vg post

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
This is all just terrible. God I don't even know what to say.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

vyst posted:

The only really embarrassing thing in this thread right now are your posts champ

I have become the low-hanging fruit. I need to reflect on the quality of my work...

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

MysteriousThing posted:

Oh thank GOD Xenuria is here to set the thread straight...until best mod VG arrives that is :swoon:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Zephyrine posted:

This is all just terrible. God I don't even know what to say.

You are right, it is poo poo, I would like to apologize to you for having to read what people have said its so :yikes:

But the whole thread has been poo poo for days now so par for the course.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Baculus posted:

I have become the low-hanging fruit. I need to reflect on the quality of my work...

Are you climbing on your cross now

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

probation reason posted:

Please 'try hard' to read your previous probation reason. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours.

:vince:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

:yikes:

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

frozenpussy posted:

Are you climbing on your cross now

Or just contemplating meaningful ways to contribute to the discussion without acting on my impulses to shitpost.

You should try it. We could start a support group.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Baculus posted:

Or just contemplating meaningful ways to contribute to the discussion without acting on my impulses to shitpost.

You should try it. We could start a support group.

you're certified dumb now, so don't bother. You'll probably never recover either.

• Locked thread