Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Amergin posted:

Not to mention from week 13 on, James White seemed to be a pretty serviceable pass-catching back for them.

White was targeted 16 times in the AFC championship and only caught five of them.

Lewis is not only a far better runner, but is probably the better passing threat too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Forever_Peace posted:

Other folks to look at in ppr that seem low: Danny Woodhead (5th/6th), Breshad Perriman (11th/12th), Matt Ryan (11th-13th), Kendall Wright (13th).

In the early and mid rounds I'll be scooping up Lewis/Cobb/Ingram/Rawls/Mathews/Tevin Coleman wherever I can.

Really like the mid-round RBs this year. If it stays this way, a ppr draft from the 4-6 of something like Nuke/Alshon/Rawls/Lewis/Woodhead/Brady/Abdullah/Moncrief seems within the realm of possibility.

You can't draft a Brady that will miss a quarter of the season in the sixth round, come on now. Also, without looking at ADP so I could be totally wrong, I'd be super surprised if you could get Moncrief that late.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Anyone who is down on Lewis, ask yourself, when was the last time Billy and the Pats signed a RB to a 3+ year contract extension?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Also I can't find the tweet but apparently the Pats have had more weekly RB1s in the last few years than any other team. So if they go Lewis all day everyday and do away with Belichicanery he's golden

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

I'm just saying bort should make a leap this year so the production could be sustainable

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Forever_Peace posted:

Other folks to look at in ppr that seem low: Danny Woodhead (5th/6th), Breshad Perriman (11th/12th), Matt Ryan (11th-13th), Kendall Wright (13th).

In the early and mid rounds I'll be scooping up Lewis/Cobb/Ingram/Rawls/Mathews/Tevin Coleman wherever I can.

Really like the mid-round RBs this year. If it stays this way, a ppr draft from the 4-6 of something like Nuke/Alshon/Rawls /Lewis/Woodhead/Brady/Abdullah/Moncrief seems within the realm of possibility.

Nuk is a 1st-2nd rounder, Alshon and Rawls are 2nd-3rd. I seriously doubt any of those 3 are available in the 4th, unless the other owners area bunch of potatoes.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

RVProfootballer posted:

You can't draft a Brady that will miss a quarter of the season in the sixth round, come on now. Also, without looking at ADP so I could be totally wrong, I'd be super surprised if you could get Moncrief that late.

Yeah you're right, poking around, it looks like Brady's chances of getting the suspension deferred is lower than I thought.

FFC has Moncrief at 7.09 with a SD of 10 spots in 12-team ppr. Mid-8th would be pretty lucky (like less than a quarter of the time) but is possible.

quote:

Nuk is a 1st-2nd rounder, Alshon and Rawls are 2nd-3rd. I seriously doubt any of those 3 are available in the 4th, unless the other owners area bunch of potatoes.

Sorry, I was proposing drafting from the 4-6 spot in a 12-team snake draft. Nuk would be the 1st, Alshon 2nd, Rawls 3rd.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Forever_Peace posted:

Sorry, I was proposing drafting from the 4-6 spot in a 12-team snake draft. Nuk would be the 1st, Alshon 2nd, Rawls 3rd.

Well now I feel silly.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Forever_Peace posted:

Yeah you're right, poking around, it looks like Brady's chances of getting the suspension deferred is lower than I thought.

FFC has Moncrief at 7.09 with a SD of 10 spots in 12-team ppr. Mid-8th would be pretty lucky (like less than a quarter of the time) but is possible.

The Moncrief hype is off the charts this year, and his ADP is likely only going to rise between now and the beginning of the season, barring a setback on his turf toe.

He's currently the 46th player off of the board in MFL redraft leagues; and 45 in MFL10s.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Cervixalot posted:

The Moncrief hype is off the charts this year, and his ADP is likely only going to rise between now and the beginning of the season, barring a setback on his turf toe.

He's currently the 46th player off of the board in MFL redraft leagues; and 45 in MFL10s.

Woah.

You're not wrong.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Is the moncrief hyped just based around the idea that the colts will be healthier this season? Some o line improvements hoping to keep luck on his feet?

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

Forever_Peace posted:

White was targeted 16 times in the AFC championship and only caught five of them.

Lewis is not only a far better runner, but is probably the better passing threat too.

Sure, I'm not saying White is better or as good as Lewis. Lewis is by far the most talented RB in their set.

I guess what I'm saying is if Lewis isn't the same post-injury, or if the team wants to go more by a committee to keep him healthy, they have serviceable options in both Blount and White to reduce Lewis' early down runs and 3rd down pass catching. It's not like they're the Texans for example, where you have Miller and... Blue and Grimes?

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

MacheteZombie posted:

Is the moncrief hyped just based around the idea that the colts will be healthier this season? Some o line improvements hoping to keep luck on his feet?

Here's one explanation:

https://twitter.com/4for4_John/status/740239045335252992

Quarterroys fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jun 7, 2016

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Am i missing something, because all 3 of those numbers are off from his stats on ESPN/NFL.com

73-802-11 from tweet
64-733-6 from ESPN/NFL.com

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I think that was him with Luck prorated over the season.

Edit: yeah it is. Bad tweet.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

MacheteZombie posted:

That, plus also Andre Johnson and Fleener are gone so there's a lot of targets up for grabs, plus Moncrief looked good in the few games with Luck last year. He's a totally legit breakout candidate as far as I can tell, just a matter of being sure to draft him closer to his expectation than his ceiling.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Metapod posted:

I'm just saying bort should make a leap this year so the production could be sustainable

There's a funny way in which Bort or the team overall improving will work to drop their fantasy scoring. There was a Reddit post about something like 20% of Bortles' yardage and 25% of his touchdowns, for the whole season, were in the (1) last 5 minutes of games, (2) in which the Jags were down 9+ points. Better Bort or better defense or better offense means less garbage time. Then there's the second point of the Jags running basically all their red zone looks as passes, which should change at least a bit with the addition of Ivory.

It's just, even if you like the Jags and Bortles and think they're going to get better in real life, which I agree with, it will be tough for the passing component of the offense to be so prolific in fantasy. It required the Jags being down a lot, having a higher than average amount of long completions, and almost exclusively passing in the red zone.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

RVProfootballer posted:

It required the Jags being down a lot, having a higher than average amount of long completions, and almost exclusively passing in the red zone.

Yep sounds like the Jags

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

draft_helium.png

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Spoeank posted:

draft_helium.png

LOL Rookies

Giodo!
Oct 29, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

The three year clock is super dumb and super exploitable since as you said, it resets with a trade, and the draft round is preserved. Keep your three best guys and then trade them for other top talent with late round pick numbers just before your league's trade deadline.The best players will never become draftable and as time goes bye, many of them will be permanently tied to late round picks.

Chen Kenichi posted:

Assuming by winning you will draft last in the first round (no confidence in your cornholing) I would go with your original thought of Julio, Cam, and Bell. You are getting three 1st round talents (roughly picks 1, 6, 8 IMO for 2QB) with your first draft position being 10. You do have a resetting keeper clock and Bell is in your last year of keeping - what are your trade window rules? Once the season is done you lose him immediately? Trading during the season? I would be thinking about a swap of some sort so you can keep that first round talent if you have another owner in a similar position with similar value with the intention to keep who you swap for. Also can you do trades for draft picks? Robinson and Palmer are keeper-quality in their draft rounds that you cannot keep. Maybe trades for better picks with the two of them? This is quite complicated for a true analysis on what is best because there are so many variables involved.

Belatedly wanted to thank you both for the responses. The three year clock is dumb, but I've made the argument in the past and it is what it is. Adrian Peterson has always been a 6th round pick and has constantly changed hands.

Really appreciate the thoughts. Will be working trades to try to get something out of some of my keeper candidates whom I likely won't be hanging onto.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

In RotoViz's most recent email, they said they were all in on Dion Lewis :getin:

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Dandy Kaiser posted:

In RotoViz's most recent email, they said they were all in on Dion Lewis :getin:

RotoViz needs to shhhhhh.

My guy needs to stay in the mid 4th until early August.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Pump the brakes on your ASJ hype train

quote:

Bucs coach Dirk Koetter removed Austin Seferian-Jenkins from practice on Thursday.
While practice was still going on, Seferian-Jenkins posted a tweet which read, "MOVING ON!!!!" That tweet has since been deleted, but a post saying he cannot "let the negative stuff get to" him remains. Koetter said afterward he sent ASJ off for not "knowing what he was doing," but cautioned not to make too much of the situation. A second-round pick in 2014, Seferian-Jenkins has played in just 16 games in two seasons. It is not out of the question he loses his job to Cameron Brate.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Benne posted:

Pump the brakes on your ASJ hype train

Just came here to post about this. Its still early but certainly not a good sign in the beginning of camp.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Yeeeeeeesh ASJ.

All aboard Eric Ebron Hype Train :toot:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
For any IDP people, Hau'oli Kikaha, 2nd round LB pick of the Saints last year that looked like he'd transition to DL this year and therefore probably be a nice pick up, tore his ACL.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

RVProfootballer posted:

For any IDP people, Hau'oli Kikaha, 2nd round LB pick of the Saints last year that looked like he'd transition to DL this year and therefore probably be a nice pick up, tore his ACL.

drat, he's had an ACL tear like 3 times in the last 5 years. Insane

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Spoeank posted:

Yeeeeeeesh ASJ.

All aboard Eric Ebron Hype Train :toot:

gonna catch so many TDs and do nothing else of note and then get drafted on reputation for the next half decade

See: Rudolph, Kyle

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Dandy Kaiser posted:

gonna catch so many TDs and do nothing else of note and then get drafted on reputation for the next half decade

See: Rudolph, Kyle

In Kyle's defense it's not like he's had a passing offense to work with at any point in his career

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

In Kyle's defense, football is really hard and not everyone can be good at it

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The sooner people accept that Kyle Rudolph is bad at football the much happier they'll be with their lives

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

RVProfootballer posted:

Last year taught me not to trust hyphenated IDP.

I'm looking at you, Uani' 'Unga.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Kerwynn Williams and Mike Gillislee keep popping up in various analyses I'm doing for ground control as possible "good runners". Both look to be pretty buried in depth charts, but are going to be free agents soon. What can folks tell me about them? Anybody watch them in college?

Also, I'm starting to not trust Matt Jones. Which is weird, because I liked his tape last year. Might be possible that his tape is better than his production. He goes down kicking and screaming, but still goes down nonetheless.

Forever_Peace fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Jun 10, 2016

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Forever_Peace posted:

Kerwynn Williams and Mike Gillislee keep popping up in various analyses I'm doing for ground control as possible "good runners". Both look to be pretty buried in depth charts, but are going to be free agents soon. What can folks tell me about them? Anybody watch them in college?

Also, I'm starting to not trust Matt Jones. Which is weird, because I liked his tape last year. Might be possible that his tape is better than his production. He's goes down kicking and screaming, but still goes down nonetheless.

Don't know much about Gillislee, but he didn't play at all in 2014 with the Dolphins and last year he did well in the few games where he got a few carries with the Bills. Though when he got a full workload in week 17, he only managed 28 yards on 24 carries against the Jets with a lost fumble to add. So not too sure how viable he would even be as anything other than a rotational/backup.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Forever_Peace posted:

He's goes down kicking and screaming, but still goes down nonetheless.

same

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Forever_Peace posted:

Mike Gillislee

This fucker right here cost me a championship as my opponent picked up the night before and slotted him week 16. gently caress THAT GUY

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Kerwynn Williams got a chance when the Cardinals had a billion RB injuries a couple years ago and did nothing of note. There's a reason Arizona drafted David Johnson and signed a 50-year-old Chris Johnson to play ahead of him.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Benne posted:

Kerwynn Williams got a chance when the Cardinals had a billion RB injuries a couple years ago and did nothing of note. There's a reason Arizona drafted David Johnson and signed a 50-year-old Chris Johnson to play ahead of him.

As far as I can see, he only has three games with more than ten carries, all in 2014: 19 for 100 (long of 16), 15 for 75 (long 19), and 17 for 67 (long 11). That's certainly not terrible! I like DJ better, of course, but a lot of my metrics seen to like the guy, so I figured I'd ask what folks know about him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Benne posted:

Well yeah why would play anyone ahead of cj2k?

• Locked thread