Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Everyone's lists suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Space T Rex posted:

I'm going to try to take the dragonfly pokemon picker all the way to the end.

Good taste, it is hella awesome

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Ask Me For Warez posted:

I like bears I guess

Sup gliscor bro. I'm gonna do this tonight I think

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I did each generation with the Dragonfly picker a while back.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Can't object to anyone on that list though an option to only use fully evolved pokes might give some variety to this I guess.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Die Laughing posted:

What website are you guys doing this test on?
There's also this one, which goes faster. (And has more options)

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Avalerion posted:

Can't object to anyone on that list though an option to only use fully evolved pokes might give some variety to this I guess.

That's an option for the Dragonfly Cave one!

http://www.dragonflycave.com/favorite.html

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

can i set the dragonfly to use sprites like God intended

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Avalerion posted:

Almost a good list. Almost.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Hammerite posted:

I was going to reprimand you for having Porygon-Z in there and not Porygon2 but then I noticed the superior porygon actually is there and higher up, good job

porygon-Z is really cool though, and I like it

but it is not as cool as rotom or Regigigas

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
What if from now on every even generation we got new Eeveelutions and every odd generation we got new Rotom possessions, that would be a dream come true

The Great Burrito
Jan 21, 2008

Is that freedom rock? Well turn it up!

Here's my list. Ampharos for life. Also mark me down for fusions being ok as like a mega evolution deal and not literally combining. This isn't Yugioh/Digimon/DBZ etc etc

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

less laughter posted:

What if from now on every even generation we got new Eeveelutions and every odd generation we got new Rotom possessions, that would be a dream come true

what if rotom possessed steeleon

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

I'm surprised that I have only one Gen 1 Pokemon, but I guess it makes sense. Seems accurate, even with some close calls. Kricketune owns and so does Raichu. Armaldo is so underrated. Such a cool design.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Armaldo was the original overdesigned Mega Evolution, avant la lettre.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I just found my copy of GBA Sapphire and it's box, is it worth selling now or should I wait a couple of years?

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Spacebump posted:

I just found my copy of GBA Sapphire and it's box, is it worth selling now or should I wait a couple of years?

The price has probably dropped drastically after ORAS.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Spacebump posted:

Never sell a game with Latias in it, imo.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Spacebump posted:

Sapphire is basically worth pennies as of right now. You'll be lucky to sell it for $20 on Amazon or eBay.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Spacebump posted:

Ya, your old gameboy games aren't going to be worth poo poo, until long after you have died, and they are considered relics.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

hmm same question but with my sealed hg + pokewalker. will people actually pay $150 like all the eBay listings say

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i'll pay $15

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

okay but i get to keep the ho oh figurine

Howards Bellend
Aug 25, 2007

So people cheat on Battle Spot right? My Scizor got flamethrowered by a Suicune which was unexpected to say the least.

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:

Howards Bellend posted:

So people cheat on Battle Spot right? My Scizor got flamethrowered by a Suicune which was unexpected to say the least.

Maybe it was a Zoroark?

bradybunch
Jun 14, 2006

I hope fusions don't require mega stones.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
I always thought battle spot caught stuff like that. Is it possible to, for example have more than typical Max IVs or Evs? Should I feel better about my roughly 50/50 W/L ratio?

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

oddium posted:

hmm same question but with my sealed hg + pokewalker. will people actually pay $150 like all the eBay listings say

Sealed HG with Pokewalker legitimately goes for $150+, yeah. Nintendo had strange supply issues with HGSS and it's really tough to find copies with the Pokewalker thing. Even a used copy without Pokewalker goes for like $40.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

aaaaaaa i just sold it to sharrrk ...

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Howards Bellend posted:

They do, but it's almost certainly a Zoroark in disguise.

Howards Bellend
Aug 25, 2007

That's what I thought, but then he switched out to his Zoroark which I knocked out, and then back to flamethrower Suicune :shrug:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

getting a suicune to use flamethrower. i admire that trainer's skill and dedication.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

My first Nuzlocke run is not going very well as my body count is currently four with Butterfree, Charmander, Regional Bird, and loving Pikachu all biting the dust by the time I got past the 2nd badge.

So what are some good Pokemon I should be looking for in the area between badge 2 and the next town over?

EDIT: Pokemon Y.

notthegoatseguy fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jun 10, 2016

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

notthegoatseguy posted:

My first Nuzlocke run is not going very well as my body count is currently four with Butterfree, Charmander, Regional Bird, and loving Pikachu all biting the dust by the time I got past the 2nd badge.

So what are some good Pokemon I should be looking for in the area between badge 2 and the next town over?

Is that RB or FRLG?

Either way, Bellsprout/Oddish is reasonable as insurance against Erika. Don't know if you have a Geodude, but Diglett will pretty much steamroll Surge anyway.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

ApplesandOranges posted:

Is that RB or FRLG?

Either way, Bellsprout/Oddish is reasonable as insurance against Erika. Don't know if you have a Geodude, but Diglett will pretty much steamroll Surge anyway.

poo poo, I meant to put that in there. Pokemon Y.

Team currently is as follows:

Water Starter guy
Pidgey
Steelix from that trade in the Pokemon Center
Tyrunt

with Leaf Monkey and Machop as HM slaves.

My plan was to do an Ash run of unevolved Pokemon but clearly that is wracking up a significant body count.

notthegoatseguy fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jun 10, 2016

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I ended up doing the thing with all gens

I'm not sure how Roserade got in over Ludicolo, but beyond that it's what I expected.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

I'd have swapped Golurk and Reuniculus, but not bad. I've got kind of a thing for Grass and Water types.

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jun 10, 2016

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

notthegoatseguy posted:

Please name your next Dinosaur Like/Fossil pokemon after me and report back when he inevitably dies. TIA

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

notthegoatseguy posted:

on my first x nuzlocke I spammed rock smash rocks in the glittering cave until I got old amber and had mega aerodactyl as my reliable nuke for the rest of the game

Ruggington fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Jun 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

btw, anyone with blaziken in their lists is a lame-o

• Locked thread