Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
64bitrobot
Apr 20, 2009

Likes to Lurk

Neddy Seagoon posted:

We've got one of those nice fun bugs this week that I just stumbled into; Welders won't build projections (:rant:)

Well, I guess I can wait another week before starting my new game... :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RabidGolfCart
Mar 19, 2010

Excellent!
Quick question regarding mods, anyone know what the largest and most powerful laser/cannon mod is?
I'm basically looking for a massive gently caress-off Yamato-style laser cannon for my capitol ship build.

Jigoku San
Feb 2, 2003

The Star Wars weapon pack has large and mini death star lasers and various fixed/turret turbolasers.

Most of the good mods focus on ballistic weapons, cuz of the way the weapon systems work. The biggest is probbly Rider's Battle Cannon and Turrets, which has a 7x7x40 "Big Bertha" cannon.

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

RabidGolfCart posted:

Quick question regarding mods, anyone know what the largest and most powerful laser/cannon mod is?
I'm basically looking for a massive gently caress-off Yamato-style laser cannon for my capitol ship build.

I think for destructive power and range the one you can make yourself with blocks, rotors, welders and a projector, which basically, autoassembles and launches a warhead. The projectiles/missiles are slow though, and for guidance you need to pilot it yourself, as I have never seen anyone do that with progammable blocks.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Zudgemud posted:

I think for destructive power and range the one you can make yourself with blocks, rotors, welders and a projector, which basically, autoassembles and launches a warhead. The projectiles/missiles are slow though, and for guidance you need to pilot it yourself, as I have never seen anyone do that with progammable blocks.

Or save yourself a major headache and embed them in the body of your ship instead as a high-speed dumbfire cannon* :v:.

Also redesigned the bow a little

These don't launch nukes, they launch nuke launchers. Loads the onboard launcher with a nuke, launch shell, sensor makes launcher fire when it's right in something's face :gibs:.

*Well, 104.4m/s anyway

I've also finished the manufacturing cell. The core piece doesn't have blueprints loaded into it's Projectors yet, but it's there at least. There's also a fair few more Projectors than in the old version. It had around fifteen, this has about 40 :v:.

And when you're done, you can feed equipment modules or entire ships into the Maintenance cell. Or weld new parts on if the manufacturing cell's in use. I may or may not have forgotten to check if the rear-most grinders will gib the poor bastard turning them on yet.

RabidGolfCart
Mar 19, 2010

Excellent!

Jigoku San posted:

The Star Wars weapon pack has large and mini death star lasers and various fixed/turret turbolasers.

Most of the good mods focus on ballistic weapons, cuz of the way the weapon systems work. The biggest is probbly Rider's Battle Cannon and Turrets, which has a 7x7x40 "Big Bertha" cannon.

Thanks, that Big Bertha cannon was just what I was looking for.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
The death star laser sucks, it barely penetrates 1 layer of heavy armor

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
If you play today, you may notice your character getting stuck on everything he touches. Apparently KSH's Havok license expired today :v:. Should make for a fun patch this week.

Jigoku San
Feb 2, 2003

I was just going to mention that.

Mercutio Martino
Feb 13, 2015

Knight of the Sovereign Military Order of Sealand

Neddy Seagoon posted:

If you play today, you may notice your character getting stuck on everything he touches. Apparently KSH's Havok license expired today :v:. Should make for a fun patch this week.

Zudgemud posted:

Steam user Alysius makes all kind of scripts, a few of which I am using in one ship. For example, his Target Selection Script enables fire-and-forget homing missiles with another program they wrote. With these two together, so far I have locked on to a ship 50km away purely by line of sight in empty space. The scripts for the missiles can fire at stationary or moving targets, update GPS data from the launching vehicle, themselves, remote controls, sensors, or even player camera fly-by-wire. I've spent nearly a week editing multiple scripts to condense the number of text panels, LCDs, and remote controls my atmospheric attack craft has to make it easy as possible to use for non programmers (like myself.)

Not too long ago people tore open the Remote Control Block's code and found out how it was able to detect and avoid objects during autopilot, with a theoretically unlimited range, so the floodgates opened on missile targeting and radar applications. Wrap your head around the labeling and you're a god amongst engineers.

Here's what I have been doing instead of trolling SA. I hate when people say "Survival Ready" and all that means is that is has conveyors 'n' poo poo. I've been testing it in survival to see how it actually handles the weight of empty/partially/and fully loaded reactors/cargo/weapons to see how it performs. Get tired of loading up a workshop item and it sits there because it can't handle its own cargo weight. It's being testing in Single and Multiplayer thus far and is performing quite well.

An atmospheric attack aircraft, working title X-31 (C1). She's designed to lock on at all manner of targets within its hilariously large area (record is 50km, working on 200km acquisition) of situational awareness and dispense justice from medium to long range. It is a VTOL aircraft, using electricity for normal flight and hydrogen for hover mode, which features a computer controlled flight and hover assist, line of sight targeting through the nose, and laser targeting of anything within 800m of itself for air defense. However it'll have an 'A' designation, not 'F'. She's not meant for dogfights. She is meant though, to fly without SE's HUD, and the players flying it will never have to go into its console unless something has gone terribly wrong. As cool as it would have been to have landing gear, rotors/pistons still suck in SE even with safety locks, so I axed them (that and they wouldn't stop loving bouncing).

The Flight Officer controls the normal and hover states, and its static weaponry (CSD Wakebomb Launcher, Azimuth Industries Gatling Gun, & Huge Rocket Launchers). I'm working on the right combination of programs to allow him to fire the anti-air missiles, which are being designed to intercept fighter craft without lock. She has 4 hard-points on each wing for the custom torpedoes still in development. He has easy sight of his shields, hydrogen fuel levels, and artificial horizon. To his left is a laser antenna used as a way-point finder when fed GPS directly from the System Officer so his screen isn't awash with GPS blips.

The Systems Officer launches the custom missiles and torpedoes after the pilot achieves lock, and can use a surveillance camera under the nose to verify the type of target and what to use against it. The lights t the left (which can be seen by the Flight Officer is 3rd person) show blue for idle, green for seeking, and red for target lock for up to 3 targets, and their real-time GPS data is fed to one of his screens. He is aware of his current location, time/power ratio for electric power, ammunition and weapons load-out, a text based radar readout, and a real-time graphical radar display with easy controls to toggle the distance it searches. The X-31 is a pretty CPU intensive ship, with 5 Programmable blocks running constantly and another 2 triggered automatically in response to certain actions.

Mercutio Martino fucked around with this message at 06:57 on May 26, 2016

RabidGolfCart
Mar 19, 2010

Excellent!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Until KSH wakes up to rectify the problem, you can just set your clock back to a time or date before the Havok license expired and it will work again.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

RabidGolfCart posted:

Until KSH wakes up to rectify the problem, you can just set your clock back to a time or date before the Havok license expired and it will work again.

So wait like, if KSH had stopped development this would have been just a ticking time bomb to gimp the entire game?

Is this some sort of development version limitation of Havoc?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Spookydonut posted:

So wait like, if KSH had stopped development this would have been just a ticking time bomb to gimp the entire game?

Is this some sort of development version limitation of Havoc?

Apparently so, going by the discussions in the bug forum. At least it looks like they're actively working on fixing it, so should be right come the patch.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Hah, I wondered if they're going to forget about it. My dedicated server has been nagging me about the license soon expiring since last month.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Truga posted:

Hah, I wondered if they're going to forget about it. My dedicated server has been nagging me about the license soon expiring since last month.

Looks like they just hotfixed it.

64bitrobot
Apr 20, 2009

Likes to Lurk

Mercutio Martino posted:

Steam user Alysius makes all kind of scripts, a few of which I am using in one ship. For example, his Target Selection Script enables fire-and-forget homing missiles with another program they wrote. With these two together, so far I have locked on to a ship 50km away purely by line of sight in empty space. The scripts for the missiles can fire at stationary or moving targets, update GPS data from the launching vehicle, themselves, remote controls, sensors, or even player camera fly-by-wire. I've spent nearly a week editing multiple scripts to condense the number of text panels, LCDs, and remote controls my atmospheric attack craft has to make it easy as possible to use for non programmers (like myself.)

Not too long ago people tore open the Remote Control Block's code and found out how it was able to detect and avoid objects during autopilot, with a theoretically unlimited range, so the floodgates opened on missile targeting and radar applications. Wrap your head around the labeling and you're a god amongst engineers.

Here's what I have been doing instead of trolling SA. I hate when people say "Survival Ready" and all that means is that is has conveyors 'n' poo poo. I've been testing it in survival to see how it actually handles the weight of empty/partially/and fully loaded reactors/cargo/weapons to see how it performs. Get tired of loading up a workshop item and it sits there because it can't handle its own cargo weight. It's being testing in Single and Multiplayer thus far and is performing quite well.

An atmospheric attack aircraft, working title X-31 (C1). She's designed to lock on at all manner of targets within its hilariously large area (record is 50km, working on 200km acquisition) of situational awareness and dispense justice from medium to long range. It is a VTOL aircraft, using electricity for normal flight and hydrogen for hover mode, which features a computer controlled flight and hover assist, line of sight targeting through the nose, and laser targeting of anything within 800m of itself for air defense. However it'll have an 'A' designation, not 'F'. She's not meant for dogfights. She is meant though, to fly without SE's HUD, and the players flying it will never have to go into its console unless something has gone terribly wrong. As cool as it would have been to have landing gear, rotors/pistons still suck in SE even with safety locks, so I axed them (that and they wouldn't stop loving bouncing).

The Flight Officer controls the normal and hover states, and its static weaponry (CSD Wakebomb Launcher, Azimuth Industries Gatling Gun, & Huge Rocket Launchers). I'm working on the right combination of programs to allow him to fire the anti-air missiles, which are being designed to intercept fighter craft without lock. She has 4 hard-points on each wing for the custom torpedoes still in development. He has easy sight of his shields, hydrogen fuel levels, and artificial horizon. To his left is a laser antenna used as a way-point finder when fed GPS directly from the System Officer so his screen isn't awash with GPS blips.

The Systems Officer launches the custom missiles and torpedoes after the pilot achieves lock, and can use a surveillance camera under the nose to verify the type of target and what to use against it. The lights t the left (which can be seen by the Flight Officer is 3rd person) show blue for idle, green for seeking, and red for target lock for up to 3 targets, and their real-time GPS data is fed to one of his screens. He is aware of his current location, time/power ratio for electric power, ammunition and weapons load-out, a text based radar readout, and a real-time graphical radar display with easy controls to toggle the distance it searches. The X-31 is a pretty CPU intensive ship, with 5 Programmable blocks running constantly and another 2 triggered automatically in response to certain actions.

This thing seems amazing and I want to use it.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Haha holy poo poo how does a developer let their license lapse? Serious question.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

Haha holy poo poo how does a developer let their license lapse? Serious question.

Same reason everyone's power goes out at the end of every other month? :shrug: Everyone forgets!

64bitrobot
Apr 20, 2009

Likes to Lurk

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

'Oh hey that thing is coming up' 'yeah but that's for another department to handle' 'yeah I'm sure someone will handle it'

Then no one handles it. It's pretty easy to imagine, sometimes stuff just doesn't happen.

Uncle Spriggly
Jan 29, 2009
Is it common practice to just lease technology licenses? Will I be able to play SE in 20 years or are a bunch of games going to flounder when development ceases?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Well Havok Engine licensing aside, this week it's all bugfixes again.

quote:

Summary
In this week's update, we're bringing you lots of bug fixes and improvements. The biggest fix is for ship toolbars - they're now synchronized between the server and the clients, so you'll no longer lose your configurations when you rejoin a server. Also, you will correctly see any modifications made to a toolbar by other players.
We've also improved the 3rd person camera, which now acts differently based on whether you are in a ship or station control seat. Because of these changes, the 3rd person camera should now be much easier to control. It's also easier to merge stations when using copy and paste. A number of issues that caused crashes have been resolved, and we fixed character animations being out of sync on multiplayer servers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKE7V3cAaXA

Fixes
- fixed jump not animating on other clients
- fixed merging of stations
- fixed horizon options in cockpits
- fixed thrusters not being disabled in cockpit
- fixed camera behavior after leaving cockpit
- fixed desync of character animation
- fixed camera resetting when rotating in 3rd person
- fixed running actions on powered off programmable block.
- fixed issues with switching camera
- fixed crashes when merging pistons
- fixed different toolbar behavior with server/client

Uncle Spriggly posted:

Is it common practice to just lease technology licenses? Will I be able to play SE in 20 years or are a bunch of games going to flounder when development ceases?

iirc for most actual released games it's perpetual, Space Engineers probably just has a development license because it's been in Alpha/Beta for much longer than they thought it would be. Besides after 20 years they'd probably just tell you how to hack those old licenses themselves :v:.

RabidGolfCart
Mar 19, 2010

Excellent!
Official statement from a Dev:

-Xocliw- on Reddit posted:

Thanks to everyone in the community who alerted us to the problem with Space Engineers. It was related to a wrong DLL, but everything should be in working order now and we're taking specific steps today to make sure it doesn't repeat in the future. Thanks again!

Basically they commited a debug DLL by mistake.

Mercutio Martino
Feb 13, 2015

64bitrobot posted:

This thing seems amazing and I want to use it.

Well, thank you! I appreciate it. However I just found out that this mod I have been using has an a number of scripts attached to it (I have been using a bunch of unrelated others), as well as that its radar blocks provide automatic target detection, auto-launch missiles, communicate through LCD with other ships, and can loving jam other radars. That, combined with the X-31's 3rd generation hover system is now damaging internal blocks somehow and making the shields constantly go between 98/99%, the X-31's systems are going to be redesigned from the ground up while I familiarize myself with that mod's functionality and coding, possibly stalling the whole project so it can be released as a set consisting of the attack craft, fighter craft, and airborne command-and-control craft. But at least now I know who to look for as a test pilot.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mercutio Martino posted:

Well, thank you! I appreciate it. However I just found out that this mod I have been using has an a number of scripts attached to it (I have been using a bunch of unrelated others), as well as that its radar blocks provide automatic target detection, auto-launch missiles, communicate through LCD with other ships, and can loving jam other radars. That, combined with the X-31's 3rd generation hover system is now damaging internal blocks somehow and making the shields constantly go between 98/99%, the X-31's systems are going to be redesigned from the ground up while I familiarize myself with that mod's functionality and coding, possibly stalling the whole project so it can be released as a set consisting of the attack craft, fighter craft, and airborne command-and-control craft. But at least now I know who to look for as a test pilot.

You could roll them all into one fighter craft with blueprint loadouts :v:. Also it looks like you're running out of LCD's to stick stuff on in the cockpits. Give the cockpits in the Azimuth Mega Modpack a look, because the LCD version of that has six usable screens. Also the Azimuth thrusters work properly in space and atmosphere, so you can fix your hover problem at the same time.

Mercutio Martino
Feb 13, 2015

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You could roll them all into one fighter craft with blueprint loadouts :v:. Also it looks like you're running out of LCD's to stick stuff on in the cockpits. Give the cockpits in the Azimuth Mega Modpack a look, because the LCD version of that has six usable screens. Also the Azimuth thrusters work properly in space and atmosphere, so you can fix your hover problem at the same time.

:byodood: Working on the blueprints-reload thing we talked about; gotta get the missiles first. I could condense the number of screens, it's just a personal choice so nothing is scrolling. I haven't used the Azimuth screens cause they'e just too drat tiny for my liking. MMaster's script doesn't like larger font sizes, but he is working on new functionality so we'll see when he updates it. The hover thrusters worked, it's a thruster damage issue with a new mod that was too cool to pass up because the large atmos were 1x1x3

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mercutio Martino posted:

:byodood: Working on the blueprints-reload thing we talked about; gotta get the missiles first. I could condense the number of screens, it's just a personal choice so nothing is scrolling. I haven't used the Azimuth screens cause they'e just too drat tiny for my liking. MMaster's script doesn't like larger font sizes, but he is working on new functionality so we'll see when he updates it. The hover thrusters worked, it's a thruster damage issue with a new mod that was too cool to pass up because the large atmos were 1x1x3

You could at least tell us what the cool mod was :colbert:.

The Azimuth LCD screens actually come off pretty decent with the LCD script.

At a font size of 1.0 it's pretty tiny, but at 1.2 it becomes much more legible.

And an external look at the fighter as it is now for the curious;

edit: Hotfix dropped, and it fixed something that's been in there for a few weeks now :allears:

quote:

Update 005
- fixed crash when playing music
- fixed crash in volume settings
- fixed crash with modded blocks
- fixed issue with projected blocks looking complete

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 02:35 on May 28, 2016

Mercutio Martino
Feb 13, 2015

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The Azimuth LCD screens actually come off pretty decent with the LCD script.
I'll give it a shot then, since the SCI Cockpits LCDs round off the corners. But that means a full redesign of the X-31, not just of its computer systems

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You could at least tell us what the cool mod was :colbert:.
If you remove my workshop item on the front page, the Rune Breaker, I'll tell you. I'm not longer happy with it as compared to what I can do now.

It's the Autopilot, Radar, and Military Systems, which I was using for it's wide area radars, but after really looking at it the author has written multiple scripts he's linked to aide his items with increased functionality and interoperability called ARMS, which I'm still trying to get my head around. If I'm right, that means that I can relay target information from completely different grids through the antenna messaging system. The fewer scripts I can use the better, which blows after I spent a few nights straight 2 weeks ago just editing code to use 2 Remote Controls in the X-31 instead of 6
:kingsley:

*Edit*

..unless you mean these...

Mercutio Martino fucked around with this message at 03:09 on May 30, 2016

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mercutio Martino posted:

I'll give it a shot then, since the SCI Cockpits LCDs round off the corners. But that means a full redesign of the X-31, not just of its computer systems
If you remove my workshop item on the front page, the Rune Breaker, I'll tell you. I'm not longer happy with it as compared to what I can do now.

If you're gonna just say you can build something better like that, I'll remove it from the list when you show us something better to replace it with :colbert:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
This week its another round of bug fi- new content?!

quote:

Summary
This week we're bringing you an exciting update: the new GPU particles we've been teasing you with for the past few months! Please note that these are a work in progress, and we still have some tweaks and adjustments to make. Nearly every particle in the game has been redone and converted into GPU particles, allowing us to render many simultaneously without negatively affecting performance. We would also really like to hear your feedback and opinions on the particles, so be sure to tell us what you think in the comments or on our forums.
We're also releasing the first batch of decals along with particles today. There are now decals for missile and bullet impacts, which should make your ships and stations look much more like they’ve been through battle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=037dJTyDJY8

Features
- new GPU particles
- projectile impact decals

Fixes
- fixed text shadow textures
- fixed crash when using mirroring with modded blocks
- fixed incorrect mirroring block for Window1x2 SideLeft
- fixed ore detection active before pasting ship
- fixed trees have black texture
- fixed marker display setting also affects button tooltips

Time to go blow up a ship or two and see how ugly I can leave them looking :peanut:.

Also I've been making some modular cargo/utility pods.

Cargo (Yellow), Hydrogen Fuel (Red Stripe), a base-in-a-box/pod (White patches, refineries, assemblers and Oxygen Farms), and my Mining Spike mining drones. They all have remote control and antennas for maneuvering too.

What are the buttons on the side for?

Red unlocks the connection, Green locks it :science:. Well activates them, anyway. The connectors have to be locked manually. Yellow's for turning the thrusters on/off so it's not fighting anything while stored on a large-block ship.

And the reason my mining drones are called Mining Spikes is because of this. Think it'll fill the container mid-drill? Just mount more container pods on the end. It works with overridden forward thrusters that push the drone through an asteroid until it pops out the other side, pooping out unwanted stone through Ejectors as it goes. I'm considering an atmospheric thruster rig to stick on the back so they can drill vertically in atmosphere too.

They'll also fit on the Hummingbird Multipod if you need juuust a little more storage for construction or mining (they have the big Azimuth containers inside).

edit: Quick trip report on the new effects; Looks like the blast decals are dependent on the block rather than the explosive impact, so it's only the vanilla missiles that leave them by default. Gotta wait for your favourite weapon mods to update if you want to see those leaving blast marks on the hull.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jun 3, 2016

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
Does anyone know if the force attributed to the various thrusters is accurate? The small ship large atmo thruster says it puts out 408kN, which means it should be able to push about 40,800kg. However, if the planet I'm on is 1g (9.8m/s2), wouldn't that mean that the thruster could only lift about 4100kg? This is obviously not the case as the thruster can lift itself. Is the stated thrust expressed as if you're dealing with a 1g field already?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Atmo thrusters scale with altitude, don't they? So I assume it depends on whether the position you're using it at is 1 bar pressure.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

OwlFancier posted:

Atmo thrusters scale with altitude, don't they? So I assume it depends on whether the position you're using it at is 1 bar pressure.

No, that would make sense. For some inane reason it is based on the fixed distance from the planet's center rather than external atmospheric pressure or altitude, which means for best effect it needs to be underground :pseudo:.

Lowen
Mar 16, 2007

Adorable.

squidflakes posted:

Does anyone know if the force attributed to the various thrusters is accurate? The small ship large atmo thruster says it puts out 408kN, which means it should be able to push about 40,800kg. However, if the planet I'm on is 1g (9.8m/s2), wouldn't that mean that the thruster could only lift about 4100kg? This is obviously not the case as the thruster can lift itself. Is the stated thrust expressed as if you're dealing with a 1g field already?

A few mistakes I see here: thrusters can push any amount of mass, it's just a question of how quickly it accelerates.

Also, 408kN should accelerate 408,000kg at 1m/s^2, which means it can lift 40,800kg at standard gravity, not 4,100kg.

I think the stats are correct with the exception of dampening. Thrusters output more than their rated thrust when they're dampening (up to 10 times more, provided power is available is what I read on a 9-month-old Reddit discussion).

https://www.reddit.com/r/spaceengineers/comments/3k3o37/how_can_i_calculate_the_upward_thrust_needed_to/cuuwt3d
. No longer true as of 22 October 2015 update.

e: nope I'm wrong, newtons are kg/m/s^2, not g/m/s^2. This makes thrusters about a thousand times better than I said above though. I think.

e2: I was right the first time.

Lowen fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jun 11, 2016

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Would anyone like to play Survival with me?

Lowen
Mar 16, 2007

Adorable.

Loopoo posted:

Would anyone like to play Survival with me?

Sure.

---

Here's a thing about thrusters:
http://www.spaceengineerswiki.com/Thruster
It's super deceptive though, because it gives thrust/mass ratios of thrusters in kN/kg, which means all the ratios on that page are < 1, implying that thrusters can't even lift themselves in standard gravity. If the ratios were in N/kg, you'd get actually useful numbers > 1.

Sorus
Nov 6, 2007
caustic overtones
I would be down with doing survival with folks. I've found I can't really play survival solo anymore.

e: http://steamcommunity.com/id/sorus

Sorus fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jun 9, 2016

Qubee
May 31, 2013

I'm exactly the same, survival solo is just too boring.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Q8ee

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I'll post this week's update notes sometime this afternoon when I'm not at work, unless someone else wants to go ahead and do it. It's mostly bugfixes and tweaks to clean up last week's new particle effects, but there is one apparent change I utterly love - blueprint-built batteries no longer default to Recharge :allears:.

This means I dont have to gently caress about with programming blocks to get my gravity cannon working, the shell battery will just start discharging without having to be told to do so mid-construction.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK9eLWpU38c

Fixes
- fixed airtight hangar door sound
- fixed impact audio sound related crash
- fixed ModAPI TextBox terminal control value type
- fixed a lot of spawns present in the mission scenario
- fixed crash when opening door
- fixed Crash on exiting game
- fixed repeating message - oxygen bottle
- fixed batteries always set to recharge from projector
- fixed wrong screen when you join scenario
- fixed crash when loading into scenario
- fixed tool duplication on death
- fixed wrong display of message when removing the helmet
- fixed cargoship's turrets shoots at blastdoors
- fixed crashes on other threads
- fixed not being able to drag animations into hotbar
- fixed jump effect showing to client
- fixed spawning of double encounter spawn
- fixed handbrake locking landing gears
- fixed seeing idle pose while going inside cockpit
- fixing third person camera tilt
- fixing netgraph and HUD key conflict
- fixed jump drive counter still active when exiting cockpit
- fixed incorrect gyro override values
- fixed antenna broadcasting setting
- fixed helmet lights shining from cockpit
- fixed doors set to off still venting oxygen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

No, that would make sense. For some inane reason it is based on the fixed distance from the planet's center rather than external atmospheric pressure or altitude, which means for best effect it needs to be underground :pseudo:.

"Fixed distance from the planet's center" would be sort of the same thing as barometric altitude, yeah?

I mean obviously if you, like, vaporized a large chunk of the planet IRL then the atmosphere would fall into the hole and there would be a difference. But in practice it's a reasonable approximation.

• Locked thread