Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Dillbag posted:

How dare they leave out the worst Final Countdown cover.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjeMDvCdrtc

I can't believe this video actually got a shout-out on the Wikipedia page for the song.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

I can't believe this one didn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYc2284BnP0

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Looking up that video brought me to this article from 2009 talking about songs that became re-popular through the Internet. It ends up being retroactively funny in the way that everything from the old Internet does by having one of Freddie Wong's early videos, where he's just called "some guy named Freddie."

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I'm getting a whole bunch of schadenfreude from reports about the state of the Trump campaign.

quote:

Recent reports have uncovered a slew of hair-raising details about the campaign's amateur/quasi-nonexistent status. Trump is raising nowhere close to the level of money required to run a modern presidential campaign. His campaign staff is skeletal and lacks the ability to coordinate a message, leading to chaotic setpieces where the entire Democratic Party message apparatus is being countered only by Trump’s personal Twitter account. (Sad!) Trump is wedded to bizarre strategic notions like competing in heavily blue states. He is devoting what few resources he does have to hopeless projects like hiring a pollster to help him win New York, where Republican presidential candidates have failed to reach even 40 percent of the vote in decades.

:getin:

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Moon Slayer posted:

I'm getting a whole bunch of schadenfreude from reports about the state of the Trump campaign.

And yet you rubes still don't see the obvious writing on the wall, Trump is a Shillary plant! Occam's razor and all that.

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3

Kaiju15 posted:

You mean that's not just a link to the Star Citizen thread?
I seriously thought the same thing.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

foreshadowing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaIG5DJgU-E&t=60s

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Moon Slayer posted:

I dunno, that seems more scary than schadenfreude. He's managed to get very far spending very little money. Now the GOP establishment is mostly getting behind him he's going to have a lot more money and expertise.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/740972317191352320
https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/740973710593654784

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
The real joke here is that all candidates are just puppets to the national committees and they're all completely interchangeable

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Kaiju15 posted:

You mean that's not just a link to the Star Citizen thread?

It's a 128MB flash drive with a shortcut link to the Star Citizen Kickstarter page

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Is this the political version of "Turn on your monitor"

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Azhais posted:

The real joke here is that all candidates are just puppets to the national committees and they're all completely interchangeable

Yea but some of us would prefer to not die in a nuclear fire in the next 4 years so...

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Azhais posted:

Wake up, sheeple

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

Moon Slayer posted:

Trump advisers worried he may announce VP pick on Twitter

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

rekt.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

I just realized that a Bernie and Nader ticket could've been the Bern-a-nader ticket.

:smithcloud: there's always next time.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

https://twitter.com/Reince/status/740993607289688065

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

:iceburn:

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

ehhhh.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

ayy lmao

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
Schadenfreude Thread: a man named Reince Priebeus

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

china bot posted:

Schadenfreude Thread: a man named Reince Priebeus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSVd-3SkRUo

grand_danois
Jan 9, 2005
not a dog irl
Drummer from band Good English writes a letter of support of her childhood friend Brock Turner's (Stanford rapist) character, throws in a bunch of victim blaming and rapist apologizing.

Then gets five shows (so far) canceled at various festivals and venues, and have to shut down their Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts. Good riddance.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

grand_danois posted:

Drummer from band Good English writes a letter of support of her childhood friend Brock Turner's (Stanford rapist) character, throws in a bunch of victim blaming and rapist apologizing.

Then gets five shows (so far) canceled at various festivals and venues, and have to shut down their Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts. Good riddance.

"Where do we draw the line and stop worrying about being politically correct every second of the day and see that rape on campuses isn’t always because people are rapists,” she wrote in a letter to Santa Clara Superior Court Judge Aaron Persky, which was obtained by New York Magazine. "

"The band’s publicity firm, Behind The Curtains Media, also cut ties with the musicians."

All the poets in the world can't describe how beautiful this backlash is :allears:

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
I don't wanna be that guy but can we leave political schadenfreude to the salt factory. The twitter one was funny though

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

snergle posted:

I don't wanna be that guy but can we leave political schadenfreude to the salt factory. The twitter one was funny though

No thanks, I don't go there because I don't wanna read 5,000 posts of goons bitching. Please bring good schadenfraude here, political or not.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

grand_danois posted:

This whole thing has just been another major case of afflueza retardation. Like why would these dipshits (especially the father) think for a moment that putting this poo poo online was a good idea?

I do love how they're blaming the known party school of Stanford.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

This whole thing has just been another major case of afflueza retardation. Like why would these dipshits (especially the father) think for a moment that putting this poo poo online was a good idea?

I do love how they're blaming the known party school of Stanford.

I don't think they did put them online. The drummer girl at least, or so I read, thought the letter she sent was private to the judge. It's public record though, and news outlets got hold of them and spread them so we can all see how horrible these people are.

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

Wedemeyer posted:

"Where do we draw the line and stop worrying about being politically correct every second of the day and see that rape on campuses isn’t always because people are rapists,”

I'm not some kind of word scientist or anything, but I am pretty sure that if you rape someone, that does make you a rapist.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I'm sure Brock also made that cute smile that made people go "d'awww" when he was shoving his penis inside an unconscious woman.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

I'm pretty okay with publicly hating this Brock guy and welcome any schadenfreude related to any dipshit defending him. Please keep it coming.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Doom Rooster posted:

I'm not some kind of word scientist or anything, but I am pretty sure that if you rape someone, that does make you a rapist.

The article posted:

(Turner was not convicted of rape. He was convicted of sexually assaulting an intoxicated and unconscious woman behind a dumpster at Stanford.)

Granted, that's pretty much purely pedantic, since rape typically gets charged as sexual assault.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Actually, “rape” means “kidnap”.
:goonsay:

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Platystemon posted:

Actually, “rape” means “kidnap”.
:goonsay:

something something sovcits travelling something driving hurf durf

(Not a dig at you, PlayStation.)

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
At least 10 people have refused to serve in a jury under Aaron Persky, the judge who gave such a lenient sentence to rapist Brock Turner

quote:

Another prospective juror stood up and said, "I can't believe what you did," referring to the six-month county jail sentence Persky handed to Turner, who was convicted of sexually assaulting an unconscious intoxicated woman last year outside a Stanford University fraternity party.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Sounds like a good way to be held in contempt of court.

I get that they’re angry, but a courtroom is a painful place to practice civil disobedience.

e: Or I could read the article and see that the judge is just letting them go. I thought that just applied to rapists who went to the same school as him.

Platystemon has a new favorite as of 08:00 on Jun 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Platystemon posted:

Sounds like a good way to be held in contempt of court.

I get that they’re angry, but a courtroom is a painful place to practice civil disobedience.

sounds like some dumbass didn't read the article

e: you sneaky fucker