Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

DreamShipWrecked posted:

As much as I complain about balance, its kind of amazing that Blizzard managed to make a somewhat functional balance at launch with twenty one diverse characters. TF2 has been out forever and it's still trying to completely balance nine.

It's really impressive. Widowmaker and McCree are the only characters I have serious issues with, and they only need number adjustments to make them tolerable to play against. Mercy will probably always be 100% required in competitive, which is "whatever" - it's an otherwise very open playing field.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
Just started using Zarya for the first time. Zarya is very, very underused on console, so I'm finding it fun to play her just because nobody knows what the hell to do about her.

Eating Ults is so fun.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
Mercy is fine, just needs slower ult charge.

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Low morale causes the golems to dance in panic.
Quick play had some fun things happen to me tonight. I had a hollywood attack where I went Reinhardt, then the rest of the team decided to stick with 4 Soldier 76s and a Lucio. We pushed rapidly through the first 2 checkpoints and got held up into overtime at the last, but somehow made it through without changing characters at all.

Also went up against a person who used McCree/Genji/Tracer always and kept complaining about 20 tick rate whenever he died.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
This game is incredible but I think they need to drop some new maps soon. Some of the existing ones are starting to feel old. Even retooling the existing ones would own.

Also holy poo poo junk rat is so good. His mobility with the conc jump is incredible. So satisfying to jump up, flick a trap over a wall and curve back down around a corner while making GBS threads out grenades.

It gives you a lot of the mobility of a pharah but with less predictability and more flexibility. I think they perform very similar roles but ratman is superior in almost every way.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
New content is coming by end of summer.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Brosnan posted:

Yeah. When I am roadhog about 3 health bars filled gives my buddy his ult. So ill just step into bastion/toblerone fire for a second and have him charge up his ult before going all in.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Anyone get really weird camera shake in some of their POTGs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzKRuMMaRv0

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I think Junkrat is stronger at close range and area denial but Pharah is way more manouverable and better at picks. I prefer Pharah but they are both crazy strong.

Also Zarya is extremely strong and I can't understand how anyone could think the opposite. Use your E to save teammates/profit off their death. Now you have 50 charge and can start doing some damage. It's important to alternate your cooldowns and realise that half Zarya's health regenerates, and your barrier can buy you time for your shields to start regenerating.

Also you can wipe people out with her ult solo but you need 50 charge and your self barrier to be on cooldown, so you can stand and deliver big old M2 grenades. Also Reinhart will straight up counter your ult so try to hold off until he is dead.

Zarya is like Reinhart in that she works well with a strong frontline, where you are afforded a bit of space to disengage in order to refresh your cooldowns and regen your shield. She needs people near her to make use of her shield and you need to have a bit of awareness for people that are in trouble.

She doesn't have Reinhart's straight up tankiness (nobody does) but she does have range and pretty loving high dps when she gets up there.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Which ultimate builds via damage slowest? Zarya's? I feel like even if I'm tearng rear end with her I only get like 3 a game.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
Is anyone else getting weird disconnecting issues where everyone in a match is running in place, then you get sent to the main screen of the game and finally makes you rejoin the match? It's been happening multiple times per match for me, tonight.

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Brosnan posted:

Well maybe if jerks weren't shooting other jerks, she'd have nothing to charge on so fast. :colbert:

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013

wit posted:

Well maybe if jerks weren't shooting other jerks, she'd have nothing to charge on so fast. :colbert:

This is true. I had a game where I was Mercy, got silver on damage done, and the enemy Mercy didn't get a single ult the whole game!

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

wit posted:

There's also a bug currently that lets her charge ult much more quickly, so that may be skewing perception. I think the bug is that she charges ult by damage-boosting someone shooting Rein's shield, so especially with high DPS characters she can basically have ult instantly.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
asked for a refund when i was lvl 13... blizz wouldn't do it....
Why am i paying for a beta??????

just watched a replay while i was playing tracer... I wish I recorded this, but a soldier was chasing me I teleported behind cover took 2-3 steps and then fell over dead.....

Watch the replay
soldier turns the corner watches me teleport then shoots the area where I teleported from and then gets the killing blow....

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE! I'm sorry but I paid for a game that was advertised as a competitive fps... not a game that has literally 1 game mode which still has bugs

This company has screwed me for the last time I will not be supporting it in the future... shame on all of you who work for blizz.. this company is now a shell of what it once was

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Countblanc posted:

well maybe if you asked!!!!

well maybe i should have!!!!

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Verranicus posted:

asked for a refund when i was lvl 13... blizz wouldn't do it....
Why am i paying for a beta??????

just watched a replay while i was playing tracer... I wish I recorded this, but a soldier was chasing me I teleported behind cover took 2-3 steps and then fell over dead.....

Watch the replay
soldier turns the corner watches me teleport then shoots the area where I teleported from and then gets the killing blow....

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE! I'm sorry but I paid for a game that was advertised as a competitive fps... not a game that has literally 1 game mode which still has bugs

This company has screwed me for the last time I will not be supporting it in the future... shame on all of you who work for blizz.. this company is now a shell of what it once was

I got a full refund on Diablo 3 after 70 hours played during its first week

Not sure if it helped that I had already beaten the game solo on the hardest mode with their hilariously unbalanced game.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

JollyPubJerk posted:

Not sure if it helped that I had already beaten the game solo on the hardest mode with their hilariously unbalanced game.

:psyduck:

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
Wow! Upping the stick sensitivity on console also seems to up the aim-assist. I upped the sensitivity for Tracer and now the reticule feels a lot more sticky when it passes over an enemy. It makes high-twitch characters a lot more playable with a controller.

This may have already been discovered, but it's news to me.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

JollyPubJerk posted:

lmao

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

JollyPubJerk posted:

I like to think a customer rep did the math and acted out of genuine concern for your wellbeing.

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric
Played against a guy who has 92 hours played as Genji, that's all he's been playing. Holy crap that guy was good.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
thats the trick to being crazy good with one character, play it constantly

its a boring trick though

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Papercut posted:

There's also a bug currently that lets her charge ult much more quickly, so that may be skewing perception. I think the bug is that she charges ult by damage-boosting someone shooting Rein's shield, so especially with high DPS characters she can basically have ult instantly.

At some point in the thread I asked if the game counts stuff that hits Reinhardt's shield as "damage" and some guy answered with a yes which is really baffling to me. Because in that case, the game basically counts Reinhardt's health pool as 2500 HP for a lot of things (edit: well, you get a new shield after 3 secs anyway so it's basically a ridiculously large pool to feed bunch of things). And maybe that Mercy ult charge is less of a bug and more of the fundamental concept being wrong.

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zzulu posted:

roadhog hasn't bored me yet

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Bolivar posted:

At some point in the thread I asked if the game counts stuff that hits Reinhardt's shield as "damage" and some guy answered with a yes which is really baffling to me. Because in that case, the game basically counts Reinhardt's health pool as 2500 HP for a lot of things (edit: well, you get a new shield after 3 secs anyway so it's basically a ridiculously large pool to feed bunch of things). And maybe that Mercy ult charge is less of a bug and more of the fundamental concept being wrong.

Shooting shields of any kind generally doesn't/isn't supposed to give ult charge.

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS

Zzulu posted:

genji is fun as poo poo though. he's an absolute powerhouse on the front lines if you're good. or you can just flank from behind and distract the widow/usually 2/3 of the loving team. or on koth maps you can just jump, dash, flip, spin, and reflect like you have parkinsons and overtime the point for like 20 seconds.

oh and you can reflect almost every ult in the game and i never tire of reflect sniping widows from across the map.

10 years of jumping 24/7 in wow have paid off, oh yes indeed.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Unless it's different in game taking damage/blocking damage as reinhardt does nothing for your ult charge. Loaded up training room and just took shots and blocked shots from the robots and your ult doesn't charge any faster for it.

Honestly, if it did it would be absolutely ridiculous because you need to shoot reinhardts shield in nearly every situation.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

-Inu- posted:

genji is fun as poo poo though. he's an absolute powerhouse on the front lines if you're good. or you can just flank from behind and distract the widow/usually 2/3 of the loving team. or on koth maps you can just jump, dash, flip, spin, and reflect like you have parkinsons and overtime the point for like 20 seconds.

oh and you can reflect almost every ult in the game and i never tire of reflect sniping widows from across the map.

10 years of jumping 24/7 in wow have paid off, oh yes indeed.

I had a double kill where I killed a junkrat and deflected his death grenades, which killed the mercy on him. Genji is awesome.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Ularg posted:

Unless it's different in game taking damage/blocking damage as reinhardt does nothing for your ult charge. Loaded up training room and just took shots and blocked shots from the robots and your ult doesn't charge any faster for it.

Honestly, if it did it would be absolutely ridiculous because you need to shoot reinhardts shield in nearly every situation.

reinhardt doesn't build ult off of shield damage dealt to him and nobody else gets ult off of shooting any kind of shield. I think it counts for your dpm stat on their stat tracking website tho

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
lol zen owns

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
Mei seems underrated to me right now, I think people just aren't quick enough with ice block/wall in regards to denying burst damage. It's actually really easy to duel McCree if you pop ice block immediately and waste his flashbang, almost no one bothers to wait, they just throw it immediately.

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

What's the definition of "on fire"? I suppose it's good amounts of damage/healing/buffs/etc without dying, but how exactly?

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

JollyPubJerk posted:

roadhog hasn't bored me yet

edit: I do play symmetra a ton of defense because i think shooting people in the back while they turn to hit my turrets is awesome. Also, I got a potg without doing anything.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Bolivar posted:

What's the definition of "on fire"? I suppose it's good amounts of damage/healing/buffs/etc without dying, but how exactly?

I think it's damage/kills/heals/objective points/anything positive, but rather than per death it's more like one of the per minute stats. like you need to be doing a lot of work within a short span of time to be on fire, and you gotta keep doing it consistently to stay on fire

I actually think zen is p easy to stay on fire with because of his orbs

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Bolivar posted:

I'm not sure if it's calibrated per character or not, but it basically seems to measure the frequency/consistency of useful activity. Get a few kills or some major damage/healing in a short timeframe, and the meter will fill. If your contributions are more sporadic, it'll stay below the threshold. Dying doesn't necessarily drain the meter right away, so you can stay on fire while respawning.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Supercar Gautier posted:

Dying doesn't necessarily drain the meter right away, so you can stay on fire while respawning.

But good luck staying on fire while you march your way back up to where the action is

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Has anyone seen a unicorn zen potg yet?

I swear I should be close to being considered, but since the algorithm is racist against chillbots it gives it to a bastion or reaper getting 1 kill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

Has anyone seen a unicorn zen potg yet?

I swear I should be close to being considered, but since the algorithm is racist against chillbots it gives it to a bastion or reaper getting 1 kill

I've got it a few times. hit people that are discorded, I think if they die you get the full 100 even if you do like 1 damage