Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Wario Land 1-3 are some of the best handheld platformers ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Wario Land 1-3 are some of the best handheld platformers ever.

Are you saying Wario Land 4 doesn't own

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

One through three are some of the best, while 4 is the best

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

All Wario games own except for Master of Disguise. I think that game is even worse than Other M.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
I've only played Wario 2 and 4 and I can agree that they are great.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

What's so bad about it

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

voltcatfish posted:

What's so bad about it

From what I remember: It's slow, levels are long as gently caress, graphics are ugly, and you mostly just walk back and forth around mazes solving tedious braindead puzzles

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

voltcatfish posted:

What's so bad about it

It's slow and tedious and its power drawing gimmick is the absolute worst implementation of that kind of gameplay I've ever experienced.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Is Master of Disguise Wario game worse than the Dana Carvey film of the same name?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

greatn posted:

Is Master of Disguise Wario game worse than the Dana Carvey film of the same name?

This is a challenging question

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

voltcatfish posted:

What's so bad about it

you press up to jump

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Master of Disguise looks and feels like one of those crappy Flash teaser games publishers used to put on the websites for their real games back in like 2003.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Do not even ask posted:

you press up to jump

Same as Super Smash Bros then

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Wario Land 3 is a shitshow and never let anyone tell you different.

Wario Land 2, though. That's a game that everyone should play. It holds up really well even today.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Wario Land 2 rivals Link's Awakening for best Game Boy (Color) game of all time

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

less laughter posted:

Same as Super Smash Bros then

:chloe:

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
poo poo, I think Master of Disguise is the only Wario game (other than the -Ware series) that I've played.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Sarchasm posted:

Wario Land 3 is a shitshow and never let anyone tell you different.

Wario Land 2, though. That's a game that everyone should play. It holds up really well even today.

yes 100% all of this post

less laughter posted:

Wario Land 2 rivals Link's Awakening for best Game Boy (Color) game of all time

it's the best one

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Donkey Kong '94 is better.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Donkey Kong '94 is better.

it's the second best one

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

I was always kind of annoyed by the Wario Land games as a kid, because the first two Mario Land games were some of the first games that I owned, and then out of nowhere Wario and his gameplay mechanics co-opted that line of games.

5 or 6 year old me wanted more real Mario Land games!

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
Anyone know of a good live tweet for Nintendo's e3? My work doesn't have access to YouTube but Twitter (for some reason).

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

thexerox123 posted:

I was always kind of annoyed by the Wario Land games as a kid, because the first two Mario Land games were some of the first games that I owned, and then out of nowhere Wario and his gameplay mechanics co-opted that line of games.

The Wario games are better though

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

thexerox123 posted:

5 or 6 year old you was a moron

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Wario's coolness aside, it's definitely weird that Nintendo went like 15 years without ever making a new 2D Mario game.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

less laughter posted:

5 or 6 year old you was a moron

Well yeah, I was 5 or 6.

To be fair, I didn't actually OWN Wario Land, which didn't help. I only played it a couple of times.

I ended up playing some of the sequels a few years ago by emulator and I was much more able to appreciate it. But it just seems weird that it supplanted the Mario Land series entirely instead of becoming a side-by-side franchise sort of thing.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Jun 10, 2016

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
E3 I'll be at work, can any of you pm me just the link to the YouTube of the treehouse from the start? I am leaving my phone at home so I'm not tempted to be spoiled. I want to click that link and go straight to the video when I get home without seeing a bunch of reaction videos show up on my YouTube front page that day everything that happened in the title image.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

greatn posted:

E3 I'll be at work, can any of you pm me just the link to the YouTube of the treehouse from the start? I am leaving my phone at home so I'm not tempted to be spoiled. I want to click that link and go straight to the video when I get home without seeing a bunch of reaction videos show up on my YouTube front page that day everything that happened in the title image.

Just bookmark https://www.youtube.com/user/Nintendo.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
That too will be filled with individual videos thumbnails and titles saying what happened in the treehouse video. I just want to click a blind link that goes straight to the main video.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Wario's coolness aside, it's definitely weird that Nintendo went like 15 years without ever making a new 2D Mario game.
New Super Mario Bros was one of my big motivations to get a DS. Nintendo finally doing a 2D Mario again was really novel. It's a shame the NSMB series has pretty much failed to grab me since NSMBWii though.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

Are you saying Wario Land 4 doesn't own

I went straight from GBC to DS, so I never played it.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I went straight from GBC to DS, so I never played it.

It's on the Wii U virtual console, please play it immediately

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

SRM posted:

New Super Mario Bros was one of my big motivations to get a DS. Nintendo finally doing a 2D Mario again was really novel. It's a shame the NSMB series has pretty much failed to grab me since NSMBWii though.

NSMBU is the best of the New series by far.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

greatn posted:

Nah, NSMBW is.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Houle posted:

Anyone know of a good live tweet for Nintendo's e3? My work doesn't have access to YouTube but Twitter (for some reason).

Nintendo's own twitter is pretty good, although since it's not a direct it will probably only tweet stuff like character or gameplay mechanic reveals.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

greatn posted:

I played an hour of it and felt nothing :( I think I liked it better than NSMB2.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I can't get into the NSMB series, the art has never grabbed me and I don't like the way wall kicking feels. I never finish NSMBU but that's the only one I've owned.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The good news is that there probably won't be any more New games because of Mario Maker.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
The "New" games are good, especially New U, but it's like Nintendo had temporary amnesia and forgot that the NES Mario games each had their own aesthetics. The NSMB series recycled graphics and music across games on four different consoles, which greatly contributed to them all feeling samey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
U had new music I'm pretty sure.