Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I think it just depends on what you have faith in the most. Sence sicence is being able to prove something over and over, and no one can PROVE sicence or evelution, and no one was there to see ether happen, it's not sicence. But sence I believe in the Bible and can pretty well prove it's reliabelety through the study of prophecy, I have faith in creationnism because that's what the Bible teaches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
My son was not feeling well, and had been fighting off a flu-like sickness for the past few days. 

In his college gym class, they had a section on Tai Chi presentations. One of the students presenting that day, chose the topic of how Tai Chi connects to tarot card reading through Chi power. 

He was not surprised to see that this girl was presenting such a topic, for he had sensed before that something was not quite ‘right’ spiritually with this girl. 

Now, over twenty demons were seen hovering around this girl, as she introduced herself as the tarot card reader. 

Each demon was attached to her, with a thick dead tan/brownish fibrous rope, covered in places with blackish muck. 

After this girl’s presentation, the girl returned to her seat, which was right next to my son’s. 

Then one of the demons attached to the girl, 
Came forth and lunged towards my son. 

This time, instead of simply binding up the demons like he usually does, he sensed from the Holy Spirit to read Psalm 91 instead. 

As he began saying this under his breath, the demon trying to attack, shrank back in sudden horror. 

As my son continued to recite this Psalm, a demon from him, (!) came out from his body (to his great shock and distress,) and reached out towards this other demon eagerly. This demon that had come from my son, embraced all the girl’s demons like long lost friends, and once attached firmly to one of this girl’s demons, went directly then into the girl. 

All this happened without him even touching her. 

My son was really upset to find that this demon had been in him, so he quickly asked the Holy Spirit what the demon was. 

“A spirit of sickness” was His reply. 

Within a day or two of loosing that demon, my son was completely recovered from his flu-like illness. 

Sadly, the tarot card reader girl was absent the following week, and when she returned, she told the class she had been sick with the flu, and that she probably caught it from a babysitting job she had on the same day of her presentation on Tai Chi. 

My son remained silent, convinced by the Holy Spirit that this particular tarot card reader would not be open to hearing about how she really became sick with the flu…

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Evolution as monkey into man, stuff like that, I just can't believe that. The Bible is the breath of God and that is what I believe. No matter what proof you show me, it just wouldn't be made real in my life.Without God, you will perish whether you believe in evolution or not!!!!!!!!!!!

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
No! Evolution and Creationism are mutually exclusive! The six days in the Bible are literal. And evolution (molecule-to-man theory) is NOT fact. SOME scientists just interpret the actual facts wrong. Pople just made the story up so they could shirk their responsibility to God, their Creator and Savior.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
It's time to stomp out atheists in America. The majority of Americans would love to see atheists kicked out of America. If you don't believe in God, then get out of this country. The United States is based on having freedom of religion, speech, etc., which means you can believe in God any way you want (Baptist, Catholic, Methodist, etc.), but you must believe. I don't recall freedom of religion meaning no religion. Our currency even says, 'In God We Trust.' So, to all the atheists in America: Get off of our country. People like Gail Pepin (The Chronicle, Oct. 11) have caused the ruin of this great nation by taking prayer out of our schools and being able to practice what can only be called evil. I don't care if she has never committed a crime, she is the reason crime is rampant. To The Chronicle, please do not give atheists a voice. You do more harm than good.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Suddenly the singer yelled in the microphone, "Jesus is coming - He is going to crack the skies - get ready!" The song was entitled, "Crack The Skies." Suddenly smoke was billowing out of smoke machines, the pounding beat was turned up to a frenzied pitch, eerie lights began flashing, the musicians stood like phantoms rising from a murky swamp. It was ghostly, weird, strange - and the crowd went wild - they seemed to love it. At the same festival, a wild spiked hair group had entertained - with painted faces, prancing about like homosexual peacocks. 

At first, I couldn't believe what I was seeing on stage. I said out loud, "This can't be happening at a Christian festival - they can't do this to my Jesus! These people can't be this blind - the leaders of this youth ministry can't be so undiscerning! Oh God - what has happened to your church that its leaders, its people, can't see the evil of this abomination?" 

Suddenly I was on the ground, on my back, weeping and sobbing, and groaning in the Spirit. I sat up and took another look at the stage. I was horrified by what I saw in the Spirit. I saw demonic images rising from that stage! I heard Satan laughing! Laughing at all the blind parents - the blind shepherds - the blind youth - the backslidden church! It was an overt manifestation of Satan - worse than anything I've ever seen on the streets of New York. 

I stood to my feet, literally shaking with the fear of God - consumed with a sense of His holy wrath against such wickedness. I rushed into the crowd crying at the top of my voice - Ichabod! (The glory of the Lord has departed!) Ichabod! I ran through the crowd, pushing aside chairs, weeping, shouting at the top of my voice, "Ichabod - this is satanic! Stop! God is grieved!" I was mostly ignored and I think most thought I was a crazy lunatic. I doubt anybody knew who I was - the musicians could not hear me, and the crowd was too tight to allow me near the stage. I wanted to get to a microphone and cry like an Elijah - "This is vomit on the table of the Lord! Who are your teachers, that you could be so blind, so worldly, so deceived!? What kind of blasphemy is this?" 

I will not shut up on this matter! I will not be silent while multitudes of our Christian youth are being deceived by smooth-talking wolves in sheep's clothing! True love demands that the truth be told.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
All the colored Doritos in the world, even all the rainbow Skittles, all the rainbow flags and even if they come up with rainbow toilet paper and rainbows are painted on all the buildings from sea to shining sea, even all these things together will not conquer the darkness which is now rolling across our country as a direct result of the little bit of tolerance which has morphed into a full blown attack on God Himself. Deny it if you want but look what is happening to the very state where most of the push to legalize perversion started! Look and keep watching. God is not mocked.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
It does not matter to me one way or the other what people think about the inquisition. I just read what the catholic encyplodia had to say about it and I found it interesting that there seems to be another side of story. That maybe, just maybe some good came out of it.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
It is best to practice abstinence when you are dating AND even when you are engaged. Also know that these are your last months or year of being with God as a single person. Honor this time and enjoy your quiet time alone with God while you can.You belong to Him now, but soon your body will become your husbands. Why rush it? You have a whole marital lifetime for the enjoyment of marital sex. . Just try your best to honor Him during your days of engagement and wait for that special night....the honeymoon! 

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
If being gay is a choice then God is a murder with Sodom and Gomorrah. 

Sin is a choice. 

Being gay is a sin and God is not a murderer. 

Christians are right!!!!!! 

You cannot concern or alter a true Christian which I am. 

I know the truth.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
 have found no flaw with Christian Doctrine, as I have with the Doctrines of dozens of other religions. 

This tells me that Christianity was based upon a truth, and others were masked in truth,m but were built upon a lie.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
People are idiots for blindly believing in science. People who believe in science think it's not a faith but you don't realize more than half of science is based on things you can't see. You guys swear buy big bang but you weren't there to see it. I have a witness, God, who is yours? Science can't even figure out how to cure cancer or isolate it from the gene pool so it is no longer a hereditary problem. I have someone who can do all that and more, God. Where's your super doctor? Oh can't help because he didn't make the phenomenon that is the human body? Tsk. Tsk. Every time you see a "theory" that's something that's not guaranteed to be correct that's just something accepted as correct by a bunch of flawed people. Science and math are plagued with them. You're putting your faith in people that aren't perfect and that makes you comfortable because you aren't perfect but imperfect people can't lead you to perfection. I am a science and math major and I'm not half as dumb as people on here. Being Christian doesn't mean to be ignorant, I know to look for the science in the world my God created and I'm thankful for every bit of knowledge I get but with that understanding also comes the ability to discern what what I need to pass class and what science is questionable. You rely on science to keep you alive everyday and it fails, everyday. I rely on God to keep me alive everyday and even when they bury me in the ground I'll be alive because that's what being a Christian means. Atheist and scientists don't bother me for not believing in God you guys bother me because you don't accept your "faith" and circumstances for what they are.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Atheists are arrogant and think God needs to explain things. That is like expecting a judge to allow an innocent person to submit evidence in the corrupt American courts. Not going to happen. So what's so funny about the Bible? It's not. When you are sitting in jail you will convert on your knees or will rot in jail. Believe.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
 No charity should ever be given to any organization that does not focus primarily on preaching the gospel.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

my witness is super God. he's 9 feet tall and if you give him stink eye he'll kick your butt!

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
That why my girls will never dance ANYTHING. I want them to be obedient and be modest. Any dance outfit I have seen is immodest. I'm always telling my girls that any clothing that shows their figure is wrong and God doesn't like it... I even find Irish dancing wrong, not in the dress code, but it the fact that it's not for God: so I don't care how much they beg and whine... no dance in this house...ever.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Why didn't God to it in a nanosecond, or even instantly? The only reason I can come up with is because he wanted a standard for us! Where do you think the 7-day week came from?

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
With all the many references to musical instruments, there is one instrument that is NEVER mentioned! The DRUM! Why is that? The drum was a very common instrument in Egypt and the lands around Israel. And yet the DRUM is NEVER mentioned in a King James Bible. 

Did the Lord just forget to include the DRUM or is there another reason? 

Is it because — drums are associated with voodoo, shamanism, paganism and magic rituals? 

… 

When the first blacks from Africa were converted to Christianity they knew the power and evil influence of DRUMS. And the converted blacks strictly forbid the use of drums! They referred to the drums as "the Devil's drum". 

… 

One simple guideline for Christian music is NO DRUMS!

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
It especially saddens me how many Christians think that Harry Potter, Halloween, etc are just "fun and games." They say things like "well, we don't look at it that way, we just do it for fun...we aren't thinking about Satan when we do it, so it's OK. We think that you can participate in these things in ways that still honor God. You are just being legalistic by trying to tell us differently. There's no way that God is upset by this..." etc, etc, etc.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Volume posted:

Why didn't God to it in a nanosecond, or even instantly? The only reason I can come up with is because he wanted a standard for us! Where do you think the 7-day week came from?

i think this ones true, aside from the god part.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

the only reason for time is so god doesn't make everything at once

- adolf hitler

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Do evolutionists put lids on their fish bowls out of fear of their goldfish growing legs and crawling out?

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Why don't you just admit that the Bible is fully God's word, and is true and come over to the side of the True light, Jesus Christ ? All those years of Public School propaganda about the need for you to disbelieve the Bible in order to be a 'good citizen' are difficult to overcome, but it can be done.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Atheists, Jesus loved you so much He spent 3 days in hell. Why can't you....? 

just say a pray and confess for Him. He will keep you from an eternity of flames and torment. How can you turn your back on the hell he went through for you. Once you are saved you are always saved. Go back to sinning if you wish. You will have been saved from the flames of hell. Please, please, just ask Jesus into your life and escape the flames forever. How can you not understand this logic. What will it hurt. My heart is burning with desire for you to pray now. PLEASE. 

I am not a troll. Trust me, trust a pastor.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
It was obscene to show Prince, a HOMOSEXUAL person through a sheet, as to show his siluette [sic] while his guitar showed a very phalic [sic] symbol coming from his below-midriff section. I am very offended and I would preffer [sic] not to have showed it to my 4 children who love football. One of them has hoped to be a quarterback and now he will turn out gay. I am actually considering to check him for HIV. Thanks CBS for turning my son GAY.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
An atheist asked, "What would a world with no God look like Ray?" 

If there was no God above, 
There would be no kindness, peace, and love, 
There would be no fresh air for us to inhale, 
No right, no wrong, no success or fail, 
There'd be no rainbow spanning the skies, 
There'd be no such thing as truth or lies, 
There would be no brilliant sun to give us light, 
No eyes designed to give us sight, 
There'd be no such things as space or time, 
No art, no music, no poems to rhyme, 
No rain, no snow, no ocean, no birds, 
No cats, no dogs, or buffalo herds 
There would be no such thing as radiant color, 
You would have no father and no mother, 
You would have no joy, nor songs to sing,
If there was no God...there'd be nothing.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Dawkins, you and your atheist friends cannot win. America WILL become a Christian Republic even if we have to write a whole new constitution. Millions of us are dedicated to this righteous cause. We will suceed. And then we will invade godless countries like "Great" Britain and kill all of your heathens. First we need to take care of things at home and in the Middle East but we will get around to Europe. You Godless freaks will die but then you will roast in hell for infinite time. Goodbye you loser

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I agree and I will not allow Harry Potter or anything else related to witchcraft in my home. When someone mentions it to my 3 year old son, he says "Harry Potter is witchcraft"[...] Anyway, anything that tries to make magic seem cool and mystical is yet another tool of satan.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
If evolution is true, And god doesnt exist... Then life means nothing more than illusion, we can kill people, we can murder, rape, steal, lie, mock any one we want to, understand columbine shootings...

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Evolution Theory (ET) is not natural science. It is supernatural, fable, mythological, and pokemon-styled- science. 

I can prove it. 

Now, I am a Christian.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Since you didn't grow up in this nation (or did you?) maybe you don't know the value we place on God here. He has been taken out of our public expression (Christian preachers arrested for praying to God in public)...

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Halloween is Satan's most holy day. There are women living in obscurity that are secretly having babies that will be sacrificed in demonic and pagan worship. 

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
To me, that's all I need to know!

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
If a woman is pastor, I do not go to that church. I also steer clear of "co-pastored" churches. At the churches I have attended, Pastor's wife sometimes plays piano, keeps nursery, or sits near front with her family. She never gets up to speak in services (only praise reports when prompted and the like).

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
there is no "i was a christian". there is no such thing. you either are or you arnt. let me explain something...and its called SURETY. there is one thing that i have, that you dont...and its called SURETY. i have TOTAL SURETY. let me repeat. THERE IS NO DOUBT IN MY MIND WHATSOEVER THAT JESUS CHRIST IS REAL. you CANNOT change my mind. absolute SURETY. that, my friend, is called faith. Do you have that? if you had that, then you wouldnt be on this website, asking people questions.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Yep - if you want to buy slaves, and you are a believer, you'd better be treating them the way God says to. 

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
You can be the best person in the world, but if you die without Christ, you'll end up in hell. And no amount of prayer from relatives, the church, etc is going to change that. Praying that the Lord give you comfort...

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Volume posted:

Do evolutionists put lids on their fish bowls out of fear of their goldfish growing legs and crawling out?

Volume posted:

Why don't you just admit that the Bible is fully God's word, and is true and come over to the side of the True light, Jesus Christ ? All those years of Public School propaganda about the need for you to disbelieve the Bible in order to be a 'good citizen' are difficult to overcome, but it can be done.

Volume posted:

Atheists, Jesus loved you so much He spent 3 days in hell. Why can't you....? 

just say a pray and confess for Him. He will keep you from an eternity of flames and torment. How can you turn your back on the hell he went through for you. Once you are saved you are always saved. Go back to sinning if you wish. You will have been saved from the flames of hell. Please, please, just ask Jesus into your life and escape the flames forever. How can you not understand this logic. What will it hurt. My heart is burning with desire for you to pray now. PLEASE. 

I am not a troll. Trust me, trust a pastor.

Volume posted:

It was obscene to show Prince, a HOMOSEXUAL person through a sheet, as to show his siluette [sic] while his guitar showed a very phalic [sic] symbol coming from his below-midriff section. I am very offended and I would preffer [sic] not to have showed it to my 4 children who love football. One of them has hoped to be a quarterback and now he will turn out gay. I am actually considering to check him for HIV. Thanks CBS for turning my son GAY.

Volume posted:

An atheist asked, "What would a world with no God look like Ray?" 

If there was no God above, 
There would be no kindness, peace, and love, 
There would be no fresh air for us to inhale, 
No right, no wrong, no success or fail, 
There'd be no rainbow spanning the skies, 
There'd be no such thing as truth or lies, 
There would be no brilliant sun to give us light, 
No eyes designed to give us sight, 
There'd be no such things as space or time, 
No art, no music, no poems to rhyme, 
No rain, no snow, no ocean, no birds, 
No cats, no dogs, or buffalo herds 
There would be no such thing as radiant color, 
You would have no father and no mother, 
You would have no joy, nor songs to sing,
If there was no God...there'd be nothing.

Volume posted:

Dawkins, you and your atheist friends cannot win. America WILL become a Christian Republic even if we have to write a whole new constitution. Millions of us are dedicated to this righteous cause. We will suceed. And then we will invade godless countries like "Great" Britain and kill all of your heathens. First we need to take care of things at home and in the Middle East but we will get around to Europe. You Godless freaks will die but then you will roast in hell for infinite time. Goodbye you loser

Volume posted:

I agree and I will not allow Harry Potter or anything else related to witchcraft in my home. When someone mentions it to my 3 year old son, he says "Harry Potter is witchcraft"[...] Anyway, anything that tries to make magic seem cool and mystical is yet another tool of satan.

Volume posted:

If evolution is true, And god doesnt exist... Then life means nothing more than illusion, we can kill people, we can murder, rape, steal, lie, mock any one we want to, understand columbine shootings...

Volume posted:

Evolution Theory (ET) is not natural science. It is supernatural, fable, mythological, and pokemon-styled- science. 

I can prove it. 

Now, I am a Christian.

Volume posted:

Since you didn't grow up in this nation (or did you?) maybe you don't know the value we place on God here. He has been taken out of our public expression (Christian preachers arrested for praying to God in public)...

Volume posted:

Halloween is Satan's most holy day. There are women living in obscurity that are secretly having babies that will be sacrificed in demonic and pagan worship. 

Volume posted:

To me, that's all I need to know!

Volume posted:

there is no "i was a christian". there is no such thing. you either are or you arnt. let me explain something...and its called SURETY. there is one thing that i have, that you dont...and its called SURETY. i have TOTAL SURETY. let me repeat. THERE IS NO DOUBT IN MY MIND WHATSOEVER THAT JESUS CHRIST IS REAL. you CANNOT change my mind. absolute SURETY. that, my friend, is called faith. Do you have that? if you had that, then you wouldnt be on this website, asking people questions.

Volume posted:

Yep - if you want to buy slaves, and you are a believer, you'd better be treating them the way God says to. 

same

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
i don't believe in genetics. people come from Heaven and god made them perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
im sure Jesus hates the ACLU too...i think i would rather be on the ACLU's bad side than on Jesus bad side!

• Locked thread