Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

10 Beers posted:

Is Atomic Robo still going? Or is it all old issues and/or trades?

http://www.atomic-robo.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

10 Beers posted:

Is Atomic Robo still going? Or is it all old issues and/or trades?

They actually finished an all new story after going to the internet, Atomic Robo and the Ring of Fire.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Carnage sounds like a great hero to me.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The Mighty Thor #7

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Head Lopper #4

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm
(Action Comics #560)

Clark Kent drops by Ambush Bug's newly-opened detective agency. Things go awry.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Looks like Supes is gonna have to bust out the old mind-erasing kiss from Superman II.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

TwoPair posted:

Looks like Supes is gonna have to bust out the old mind-erasing kiss from Superman II.

For some unknown reason, mid-80s Superman didn't really care for Ambush Bug...

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Mister Mind posted:

For some unknown reason, mid-80s Superman didn't really care for Ambush Bug...

Did he just make Superman pee himself in anger?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Gavok posted:

Did he just make Superman pee himself in anger?

No, it's just a problem Superman has, the timing was coincidental.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Anyone else think it's kinda hosed up that ambush bug just tore all the clothes off someone he thought looked like someone else?

I get his schtick is like fourth wall breakage, but still.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Cassa posted:

Anyone else think it's kinda hosed up that ambush bug just tore all the clothes off someone he thought looked like someone else?

I get his schtick is like fourth wall breakage, but still.

He pulled the cape out first, one way or another that confirms that Clark was wearing something underneath his suit.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
So is this guy supposed to funny or just obnoxious as gently caress?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Alacron posted:

So is this guy supposed to funny or just obnoxious as gently caress?

Yes.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
What's weird is in his first appearance he's a Joker like chaotic villain who straight up kills a mayor on live tv for shits and giggles. Granted, his teleportation didn't work the same, but still...

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Ambush Bug is such a terrible name, they should just go ahead and call him Lampshade Man.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

What's the joke? I don't get it.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Saoshyant posted:

What's the joke? I don't get it.

I think it's pretty awesome that Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is writing comic books. :neckbeard:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Something of the Willem Defoe about that Mycroft Holmes.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

It's apparently hilarious that Kareem Abdul Jabbar wrote a story

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

Travis343 posted:

It's apparently hilarious that Kareem Abdul Jabbar wrote a story

Relax.

This is funny for the exact same reason that his cameo was funny in Airplane, completely independent of the strength of his work in either. White America expects the black basketball man to only be able to run and bounce a ball. When that expectation is broken, there is surprise, and comedy happens.

What makes this better is that it's not just Sherlock Holmes, who is about as stuffy cracker honky as entertainment gets, but a secondary character from that universe for extra geek points. I hope it does well.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I've no idea who the guy is aside from the Muslim name, but according to Wikipedia he's a retired NBA player who later became a "best-selling author", so uh cool? From that Amazon link, he co-wrote a book about Mycroft Holmes. You guys are being weird.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

He also fought Bruce Lee.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Saoshyant posted:

I've no idea who the guy is aside from the Muslim name, but according to Wikipedia he's a retired NBA player who later became a "best-selling author", so uh cool? From that Amazon link, he co-wrote a book about Mycroft Holmes. You guys are being weird.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is one of the greatest NBA players ever, and a pretty cool dude to boot.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

goatface posted:

Something of the Willem Defoe about that Mycroft Holmes.

I was assuming the chubby mastermind in the background was Mycroft, since that's essentially the character in the book.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Saoshyant posted:

The humour is from the fact that not only is Kareem Abdul Jabbar a world reknowned Basketball player and martial artist and that he is dipping his toe into the comic writing market. But he's doing so about Sherlock Holme's lesser known, smarter brother on the basis that he identifies with him as being Polymath's.

It would be like finding out that Bill Gates in between running Microsoft and charities also engaged in Cage Fights while trying to woo Courtney Cox.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
I think the conclusion I'm drawing is that this cover is better placed in the Badass Panels thread, 'cause that's rad.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I honestly didn't realize KAJ was still alive.

Cool.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Saoshyant posted:

I don't remotely care about basketball, but I read this interview with Kareem last year and he's a fascinating man.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

qntm posted:

I think the conclusion I'm drawing is that this cover is better placed in the Badass Panels thread, 'cause that's rad.

I thought about badass panels, but I was more happy about it than I was "gently caress yeah" about it. :shrug:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Saoshyant posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArHNrCvwq4c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ic2k2P_FG0

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

That last one almost looks like some forced perspective trick. Dude was tall.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Bruce Lee was a tiny tiny man.

I always thought Mycroft Holmes was a hilarious character. He's better than Sherlock in every way at what Sherlock is known for, doesn't have the crippling character flaws and leads a pretty stable life, and the only thing keeping him from being the real protagonist is that he doesn't enjoy field work or adventure.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

I'm sorry, son, but you must have me confused with someone else. My name is Roger Murdock. I'm the co-pilot.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

The Question IRL posted:

The humour is from the fact that not only is Kareem Abdul Jabbar a world reknowned Basketball player and martial artist and that he is dipping his toe into the comic writing market. But he's doing so about Sherlock Holme's lesser known, smarter brother on the basis that he identifies with him as being Polymath's.

It would be like finding out that Bill Gates in between running Microsoft and charities also engaged in Cage Fights while trying to woo Courtney Cox.

You're just trying to get someone to post one of Jon Favreau's appearances in Friends!

...Fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMD-TWtY9lQ

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Please hum the John Williams Superman theme to yourself while viewing the following panels.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Lurdiak posted:

Please hum the John Williams Superman theme to yourself while viewing the following panels.

Did Supes just realize he could've had a V8?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

I found it funny because I thought it was some time/fiction-crossing story about Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Mycroft Holmes teaming up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

davidspackage posted:

I found it funny because I thought it was some time/fiction-crossing story about Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Mycroft Holmes teaming up.

That's definitely a book I would read.