Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Step 1. Play Free Mode
Step 2: Get a double Shine Fairy
Step 3: have someone waiting by the castle keep the entire time to cap it immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Silver Falcon posted:

Speaking of Skulltulas, I am having an absolutely miserable time trying to get the last Hard Skulltula in Legend mode- the one in Ganon's Tower. You have to kill Ganondorf while keeping all your useless braindead NPC allies at 30% or more health; one of your playable warriors has to be Darunia.

My problem is NPC Darunia gets loving massacred almost as soon as Ganondorf appears, and makes a b-line for his stupid rear end. My latest failed attempted I tried taking out the Castle Keep as quickly as I could, but even that took awhile because it's swarming with high-morale Lizolfols and such. By the time I can get back to Darunia and get Ganondorf off him, he's almost dead or dead.

Any tips for it? Characters/weapons I could use? I'm so sick of that mission by now and all I want is the Material Master potion.

Kill Ganondorf first? It's what I did.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
I finished my Skulltula hunt. Now I need whatever Gohma's gold material is - it's the only one I haven't had drop yet. I've read that the best spot to farm those is in either the Twilight or Termina maps, but I'm only halfway through Master Quest. Are there any other good locations to actually try to get them before finishing MQ? I've tried spots on the regular Adventure Map but all I get are silver materials and lovely weapons.

ZZT the Fifth fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Jun 7, 2016

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Speaking of farming is there a good spot for farming twili midna or skull kid? Maybe a ko competition or something with one of them my Linkle still needs a few badgers.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

ZZT the Fifth posted:

I finished my Skulltula hunt. Now I need whatever Gohma's gold material is - it's the only one I haven't had drop yet. I've read that the best spot to farm those is in either the Twilight or Termina maps, but I'm only halfway through Master Quest. Are there any other good locations to actually try to get them before finishing MQ? I've tried spots on the regular Adventure Map but all I get are silver materials and lovely weapons.

There's a Skull Kid-restricted Mission on Master Quest whose objective is that you kill three Gohma's I believe. It's where one of the old dungeons on the Adventure Map used to be, and is towards the bottom and to the left.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

Folt The Bolt posted:

There's a Skull Kid-restricted Mission on Master Quest whose objective is that you kill three Gohma's I believe. It's where one of the old dungeons on the Adventure Map used to be, and is towards the bottom and to the left.

Thanks, this should work. Now I just have to run the stage like 20 times until I actually start getting material drops from the Gohmas instead of weapons and Deku Nuts.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I can't figure out if the Spotpass fairy has anything special about it. It doesn't have any skills, so it just seems kinda unremarkable, aside from the fact that you can keep her even if you're at your limit.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I thought the countdown on Termina ended when you used the 4 masks?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

So, does Linkle have an actual story mode or just that one introductory stage?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

A full story mode, the others unlock later on.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"

tithin posted:

I thought the countdown on Termina ended when you used the 4 masks?
It ends when you clear the mission at the center of the moon.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Her story missions branch off other Legends mode missions, so you don't unlock her other chapters until you're progressing through the main story. As rad as she is, I'd advise you clear Legends mode first and then go back and do her missions so you don't have to do one every 5-6 regular story missions.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Linkle: Someone who uses fire and believes she's something other than who she really is. (In her case: The Legendary Hero)
Tingle: Someone who uses fire and believes he's something other than who he really is. (In his case: A Fairy)

And now you know why they appear on the field as an enemy team sometimes.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Linkle is my Legendary Hero.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

On second thought, thats probably why Linkle and Tingle's names are so similiar as well, given how similiar, yet different, they can be at times.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Folt The Bolt posted:

On second thought, thats probably why Linkle and Tingle's names are so similiar as well, given how similiar, yet different, they can be at times.

yeah i mean for one thing, linkle is good

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Folt The Bolt posted:

Congratulations on your transition, Linkle.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Linkle doesn't enslave her family members for manual labor...as far as we know.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

I'm still waiting for platinum to announce a Linkle game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lemon-Lime posted:

Her story missions branch off other Legends mode missions, so you don't unlock her other chapters until you're progressing through the main story. As rad as she is, I'd advise you clear Legends mode first and then go back and do her missions so you don't have to do one every 5-6 regular story missions.

Yeah, I wish you didn't because I've already done the main Legends Mode on WiiU and most stages two or three times :/

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Ometeotl posted:

Linkle doesn't enslave her family members for manual labor...as far as we know.

Neither does HW!Tingle, given that his background is taken from MM!Tingle and not WW!Tingle... as far as we know.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I did find out one unique thing about the Spotpass fairy by the way, her starting attributes are set up so that she can get the Rupee increase ability without needing to promote her a couple of times.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Who's more powerful, MM Tingle, or WW Tingle?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

mabels big day posted:

Rupeeland Tingle.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Also, having used Linkle a bit right now, I'd say she's easy to learn and a fairly decent character. Her damage output is decent, she's relatively fast, can do some simple, but effective combos, hits at multiple directions with decent reach, and is relatively mobile on some of her attacks. She's decent at crowdclearing, decent at officer killing. average at character killing, above average at handling multiple officers, her attacks are relatively safe, and she can empty the WPG of all regular bosses. Her main failing is that while there aren't that many characters who can do all of that as good as she can without effort put into learning how to use them, most characters have at least one or more things that they do better than her, and she's surpassed by a decent lot on higher levels of play. Jack of all trades, master of none. Solid high-mid tier character though, as you could do a lot worse than picking Linkle as your main, trust me.

blue font
Feb 28, 2011
Have the patches and the 3DS version made picking a 'main' viable? One of the reasons I dropped this game after awhile was because it was always forcing me to play characters I hated in Adventure mode.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Certain Adventure levels still require you to use specific characters in levels. However, some (but not all) of the Adventure levels in the 3DS version that say you're limited to a specific character also allow you to pick other support characters, and then when you start the level you can just switch to another character. However any Heart Container/Piece chests that spawn still can only be opened by that specific character.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Speaking of multiple characters in Legends; if the A rank reward for a stage is for a specific character, will the reward still drop if the stage completes while you're controlling a different character?

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

jivjov posted:

Speaking of multiple characters in Legends; if the A rank reward for a stage is for a specific character, will the reward still drop if the stage completes while you're controlling a different character?

Yes. So long as the character is one of the characters in the team you picked for the mission, you should get the A rank reward provided you meet the requirements for an A rank.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

mabels big day posted:

WW Tingle holds such a deep rooted psychological grip over his brothers such that he has more or less enslaved them. We even find him imprisoned at the very start of the game, and Link, in his childhood naivety, releases him. There's a deep, terrible darkness in his heart that doesn't exist with MM Tingle, who is simply a deluded manchild pursuing a career in cartography. WW Tingle is a powerful snake of a man.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Finally managed the last of the Hard Skulltulas in story mode. (The main story anyway. Haven't done Cia, Linkle, or Wind Waker Skulltulas).

Also got all the Skulltulas in the first Adventure map, so that's three illustrations in total complete! And the Material Master potion is mine at last! I noticed right away they changed the required mats to make it. It takes 20 silver materials now instead of 50 bronze. I am not very pleased by this development.

Oh also I got my first fairy to level 99! The lightning fairy from the first Adventure map. I have an option now to "Refresh" her. Should I?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Go for it, there's no reason not to refresh her. Just be aware that when you do, you have a chance to change one of her attributes, if you're going for a specific skill, check ahead of time to see what you should change and to what.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
Isn't the Material Master potion bugged to not drop gold materials? Maybe it's a confirmation bias, but that's what I've heard.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Fixed in the latest patch

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Twelve by Pies posted:

Go for it, there's no reason not to refresh her. Just be aware that when you do, you have a chance to change one of her attributes, if you're going for a specific skill, check ahead of time to see what you should change and to what.

Well you lose your fairy magic skills until you level her back up again, that's a pretty good reason to hold off on refreshing her until you have some food on-hand

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

blue font posted:

Have the patches and the 3DS version made picking a 'main' viable? One of the reasons I dropped this game after awhile was because it was always forcing me to play characters I hated in Adventure mode.

Twelve by Pies posted:

Certain Adventure levels still require you to use specific characters in levels. However, some (but not all) of the Adventure levels in the 3DS version that say you're limited to a specific character also allow you to pick other support characters, and then when you start the level you can just switch to another character. However any Heart Container/Piece chests that spawn still can only be opened by that specific character.

I'll say that in addition to this, the fact that exclusive missions are spread around all five maps which are each balanced to accomodate a certain level range means that, even if you just use one or two character, so long as you complete the majority of the map and get all of the characters' weapons, you should have enough Rupees to level up the rest to a suitable level by the time you hit the Twilight and Termina maps. Furthermore, the vastness of the content along with the fact that the level cap is back to 99 means that the amount of grinding you need to do is vastly decreased.

For the record, I main Ganondorf (Great Swords, though I am also knowledgeable in the Trident in case missions that require the Trident show up), Zant and Wizzro, so I know quite a bit about how to use those three. (I also use Gauntlets, Magic Rod, Master Sword, and Spinner Link, as well as King Daphnes as secondaries.)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I think my brain is lacking an essential chemical required to figure out how to use Zelda's Baton correctly.

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016
How did the level recap work? If you were above 99, were you lowered right to that? Or was it proportionately scaled (ie a level 127 got changed to 50-ish)?

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
Don't Get Hit on the mission for the Lv. 3 Spinner :gonk:

Any suggestions for an apothecary mixture to take into this map? I'm going to grind up Ganon materials to finish out Din's Fire so I can special attack as much as possible.

e:

coffeecup posted:

How did the level recap work? If you were above 99, were you lowered right to that? Or was it proportionately scaled (ie a level 127 got changed to 50-ish)?

You start from level 1 and go up to level 99 in Legends. I don't think it's going up.

ZZT the Fifth fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jun 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016
Oh I thought the "back to 99" thing meant the 255 cap on Wii U was also brought back down. Nevermind.

• Locked thread