Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Void ark only drops i200 gear. Either find a group to help you through midas or continue getting lore pieces.

Edit: it does drop the eso gear upgrades, which is 1 per run. I think you're better off running midas though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It gives a small amount of Lore too.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Where do you get the pompadour?

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

at the aesthetician

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

aiight thanks, i never bothered with getting the folklore books before because crafting was an eternal money pit with little return, but the changes in the last patch mean i'll actually want the stuff from them so i'll need scrips

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

seiferguy posted:

Void ark only drops i200 gear. Either find a group to help you through midas or continue getting lore pieces.

Edit: it does drop the eso gear upgrades, which is 1 per run. I think you're better off running midas though.

Yeah, Midas 1 and 2 are probably the fastest way to get your ilv up. They drop the accessory tokens (bolts?) that you can trade in for ilv220 right side and you only need one per right side. There's also a chain for a belt, and lenses and pedals that you can trade for foot and head gear for two tokens each.

You can also do the EXDR dungeons, they're min ilv200 and drop 215 items but you need the stuff for your class to actually drop and ideally be for a slot that isn't 210 already.

Otherwise you're stuck either spending lore or doing VA for the eso upgrade tokens to ilv210 and doing that enough times to hit ilv 205. Make sure you upgrade your weapon to 210 too if you haven't already.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Did I hear something about there being a draconic equivilent to Al Bhed in Skyward Sword? I havn't gotten there yet and trying to stay focused but that sounds interesting

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Final Steps really is no joke to try and Duty Finder. That DPS check is not forgiving. The pub group I was with wasn't even coming close. Granted 3/4 were nin and one of them had an i170 weapon. What's the ilevel on the trial? I didn't bother checking.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

you can beat final steps of faith with 4 people doing the maximum DPS output you could do when 3.0 launched, we're almost double that in 3.3

it's very forgiving

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)

MikeyLikesIt posted:

For some who stopped playing for ~2 months and is now grinding to get to ilvl 205 to complete the MSQ, is Void Ark the fastest way? I tried grinding out a5 normal but legit cannot deal with duty finder for that.

I have all eso gear so just need upgrades/some ilvl 230 pieces.

I went through this too, and buying a crafted 220 ring helped out a lot. You might want to check the market board for one, assuming you have a decent amount of gil.

The drops in the new light party content are all 215. Assuming you've already hit 200 those can help nudge you up a little bit. Also they are fun.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

ilifinicus posted:

you can beat final steps of faith with 4 people doing the maximum DPS output you could do when 3.0 launched, we're almost double that in 3.3

it's very forgiving

Which means that you need 2 good dps alive. One can't drag the pubbies through like in most of the rest of the content.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Alright, I got the ffgoons forums up and running :toot:

Everything is a hard copy over though I redid configs and poo poo but it accepts the same cookies and everything because I was already logged in and a post seemed to work. I did get a rando forbidden error on one pageload though? Test it out and let me know if anything is off.

Now to get the mumble back.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Did I hear something about there being a draconic equivilent to Al Bhed in Skyward Sword? I havn't gotten there yet and trying to stay focused but that sounds interesting

The lead English localiser is heavily involved in the lore there. He wrote a proper language for the Dragons, and wrote a post about it in the Lore section of the Official Forums. It's good stuff. There's no collectibles or anything to understand it since we have the echo though, but it exists.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

ilifinicus posted:

:stonk:

why would anyone do this to themselves

It's actually really easy to do these days, took me a few hours to get it set up with dual booting Windows and OS X. Everything runs and updates like normal, the only oddity is using the Nvidia drivers for my card, but that's just running another updated after a major system update.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

CrashScreen posted:

The lead English localiser is heavily involved in the lore there. He wrote a proper language for the Dragons, and wrote a post about it in the Lore section of the Official Forums. It's good stuff. There's no collectibles or anything to understand it since we have the echo though, but it exists.

I'm not even sure it's the echo, I think the dragons are supposed to just speak with such force of will that they are understood by all, language barriers be damned.

Ouhei posted:

It's actually really easy to do these days, took me a few hours to get it set up with dual booting Windows and OS X. Everything runs and updates like normal, the only oddity is using the Nvidia drivers for my card, but that's just running another updated after a major system update.

I cannot for the life of me imagine why anyone would want to go out of their way to install OS X.

Klades fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jun 10, 2016

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Klades posted:

I'm not even sure it's the echo, I think the dragons are supposed to just speak with such force of will that they are understood by all, language barriers be damned.

Ah, that's actually the right answer here. The Echo doesn't matter with them.

e: vvvvv Nidhogg seems to be able to do the same, and so does Vidofnir. Aymeric has no issue with understanding the dragons.

CrashScreen fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jun 10, 2016

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Klades posted:

I think thats Hraesvelgr. Remember that Alphinaud was astonished that he could understand Hraesvelgr after all those dragon interactions down in Anyx Trine.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I just saw a human lady do a little dance as her victory thing at the end of a dungeon. Was it always that way or can we change the animation for that now?

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I saw the same thing with the same race. Asked about it before and havn't be able to find an answer.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Verranicus posted:

I just saw a human lady do a little dance as her victory thing at the end of a dungeon. Was it always that way or can we change the animation for that now?

Female highlanders do a little Elaine Benes dance for /joy, which is what the duty complete animation is.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I think the server just blew up.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Hey excal goons, DGKK and TPT just got knocked down to 3rd and 4th place in terms of member numbers by The Valkyries, who are just a couple of people behind PBC. We're loving failures!

On the bright side, DGKK is number one in company credits :smug:

Also, the number one free company in terms of credits between all servers has like three times the number of credits and only 11 members :aaa:

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

seiferguy posted:

I think the server just blew up.

Yeah, Balmung just had a server wide lag spike too if my FC is to be believed.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

CrashScreen posted:

As a member of their family I am sorry for your loss.

Sorry I didn't know you posted that for her family who are all prolific posters on the something awful forums, comment taken back.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Men can't be Valkyries, Square please purge that guild.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Alright I think the mumble is working. I can't test it thoroughly but I can connect to it. Let me know if there's issues.

I installed a security module for apache that seems to be about as aggressive as an NYPD officer in front of an inner city public school hence all the random forbidden errors on ffgoons though. Should have that fixed in a few minutes.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Klades posted:

I cannot for the life of me imagine why anyone would want to go out of their way to install OS X.
Because it's my preferred OS? I'm not sure what the hard part about this is?

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

To whomever is trying to register on ffgoons and it's breaking: just noticed that it's broken, trying to fix it.

edit: should work now, though now you have to do recaptcha and solve a math puzzle like what is 2 + 2. harrowing, but I believe in you.

Boten Anna fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jun 10, 2016

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

hobbesmaster posted:

I think thats Hraesvelgr. Remember that Alphinaud was astonished that he could understand Hraesvelgr after all those dragon interactions down in Anyx Trine.

Also remember all the other times people talked to dragons.
It's either A) most of the dragons talk in people language but Hraesverahgelr can't be bothered so he just does the "force of will" thing (which kneesegg and midgardsmor also do) or B) Every time anybody talks to a dragon your character whispers translations in their ear off camera.

Were there any times when a dragon spoke and somebody couldn't understand it? I mean, it's been a while since I did 3.0 so maybe it happened.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He's like cashiers in Quebec.

He speaks English fine but gently caress you we speak Dragon here.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

Aphrodite posted:

He's like cashiers in Quebec.

He speaks English fine but gently caress you we speak Dragon here.

So if you start speaking broken Draconic to them they start speaking Eorzean out of disgust?

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

hobbesmaster posted:

Which means that you need 2 good dps alive. One can't drag the pubbies through like in most of the rest of the content.
where did I say "four DPS"

four people, you can carry 4 corpses if you have 4 people doing maximum 3.0 DPS, be it tanks or healers or DPS

mallamp
Nov 25, 2009

MikeyLikesIt posted:

For some who stopped playing for ~2 months and is now grinding to get to ilvl 205 to complete the MSQ, is Void Ark the fastest way? I tried grinding out a5 normal but legit cannot deal with duty finder for that.

I have all eso gear so just need upgrades/some ilvl 230 pieces.

Fastest way: buy 220 crafted gear

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

As apologies for the downtime or something I added [vine] and [webm] to ffgoons. I only tested [vine]. Knock yourselves out!

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

mallamp posted:

Fastest way: buy 220 crafted gear

b-but money v:v:v

Meantime I'm farming eso as I'm stuck in iLvl 155 for awhile before I can clear MSQ and get my favorite NPC minion. I may consider leveling a DoL because I'm poor. Good idea?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If you ask in FC people will usually make you that stuff for much cheaper.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Alder posted:

b-but money v:v:v
i220 crafted gear is super cheap to make now that favor items aren't red scrip locked, MB prices may or may not be tanking now but they will soon, and your friendly neighborhood crafters can make it without too much expense.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

Alder posted:

Meantime I'm farming eso as I'm stuck in iLvl 155 for awhile before I can clear MSQ and get my favorite NPC minion. I may consider leveling a DoL because I'm poor. Good idea?

Terrible idea. Crafting and gathering are a huge money sink, until you get to the max level where they start to pay off. If you are smart and savy, you can break even while you level crafting, but it would still be more profitable in the long run rushing it and then making it back at max level. Gathering though is a complete wash until you can reliably gather high quality materials that rich maxed out crafters need and are willing to pay big for.

edit: It's worth noting that this latest patch added a lot of things for crafters, so there is some money to be made gathering, but it's primarily basic level 60 materials.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Now is a very good time for diadem mats, actually. Several of them are used in the carbonweave set, which is very desirable for new omnicrafters, and they're still necessary for relic crafting. The ones to look out for are cloud cotton bolls (botanist), sphalerite (miner), and pterodactyls (fisher).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

ilifinicus posted:

where did I say "four DPS"

four people, you can carry 4 corpses if you have 4 people doing maximum 3.0 DPS, be it tanks or healers or DPS

I only could do it a couple times before I had to work. I've just never seen a party fail a dps check so hard. The other dps kept dying. I don't see how you could carry corpses.

• Locked thread