Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Mraagvpeine posted:

I'm helping too.

Post god is pleased.

Edit: new page! Hail, post god!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

I’ll flay you like some pitiful yama!

Our target is at the bottom of Aveclyff. The elevator closest to the door can reach the ground floor, so getting there isn’t a problem.

- Video: Bonus Boss – Cyclops Standard Model

Extra Mission: Defeat the Cyclops Standard Model!

Music: Out of Control

Rush and Khrynia will attack, Wyngale will attack and use Protection, Violet will hold back to build up AP for healing, and Jager will summon Lob Omen.

Ooof!
Are you all right?

The gimmick for this fight is that at the start of each and every turn, before we get to act, the Cyclops Standard Model will cast Gae Bolg [Berserk]. It doesn’t do a massive amount of damage, but since it happens first, it’s dangerous when starting the round at low health.

I don’t know why I bothered since Stealth is useless against full-battlefield attacks, and just useless in general.

Lob Omen, follow me!

Cyclops SM is also pretty dangerous even with regular attacks. It’s base BR is 100-102, and it has 575-586,000 HP.

Ouch.

These opponents are not to be underestimated.

Yep this is trouble. Looks like I’ll have two unions dead before I get to act.

Don’t let a punk like that take you out!

This was probably only delaying the inevitable, since I don’t think it works on the Gae Bolg’s attack.

I should probably change my strategy fast or this won’t last long. Jager is healthy and will continue the fight, Rush will revive Khrynia, the other two unions will heal themselves if they survive this which they won’t.

The full animation plays every single time.

Oh, come now, walk it off!

At least she will survive into the next turn.

I’ll try to bring everyone back to attempt to trigger Violet to learn Rejuvenating water, which is a good idea since I need that without Emmy and Irina leading unions. (Oops!)

How’d this happen?!

But that’s not going to happen this turn because all the “Bring them back” calls will be used up on two of the three dead unions.

And my meat shield has just about had it too.

Everyone alive is at full, but I’m sending them all to bring the dead union back to trigger Violet. If she learns Rejuvenating Water, it’ll heal all the living unions back up after the initial Gae Bolg.

Bring it!

Excellent, which means…

I didn’t need your help!

It’s completely unnecessary for Violet to learn this, since she is much less useful leading a union than many others (since she has no specials), but it was fun to do anyway.

All this healing should keep Lob Omen going a while longer.

Okay, time to go on the offense. Only Jager has any option to restore health, but that’s just Gaou and his lotions, so I decided not to bother, he’ll attack too.

Aaah!
Hang in there!

That hit harder than I thought it would, I was expecting to be able to safely tank two shots and then heal on Turn 7. Instead two unions will be dead. Gotta get that morale up.

Oh hi Irina

Father…
This time, you’ll face me.

I hadn’t even realized that this would trigger a Blackout. I was just going for the most AP-consuming attack. This’ll happen a lot now that Wyngale has learned Blackout.

Next time, you’re dead!

But that’s next time. This time, we’re dead.

Heh.

Very impressive, that alone was nearly 1/5th its total health.

Oh yeah, but we have the little problem that we’re about to bet wrecked. I am forced to use Talisman’s Gift to try and avoid dying instantly.

Are you all right?

That was either a pretty lucky roll or else Blaster can only do a percentage of your current health and not a percentage of your maximum.

You losers aren’t even a challenge!

No no, I think that Cyclops SM is indeed a challenge.

Into critical at last.

This will be another round where I try to heal everyone.

That’s three dead unions and one critical. A Bad Thing.

Yes, please Rush.

I will admit to seeing better timing.

Perfect. The Gae Bolg shot will always happen first, and the Rejuvenating Water will heal everyone back up, so I can go full-on attack with all the other unions.

Ohhh, looks like that totally hurt!

That’s okay. Hopefully this round will finish it off.

Scratches like that were no big deal.

I’ll flay you like some pitiful yama!

I’ll stop you no matter the cost!

All I can do is hope Wyngale can withstand the attack.

Steady there!

And it’s down.

learned Rejuvenating Water!
learned Double Time II!
learned Moonlight III!

I have received a good thing.

Pretty good reward for beating it. Unfortunately, I’ve put off grinding for components and upgrades long enough so I’ll be doing some of that before the next update.

New Arts Summary
learned Rejuvenating Water!
learned Double Time II!
learned Moonlight III!

Video: Bonus Boss – Cyclops Standard Model

Next Time: Was I really... dead?

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Apr 13, 2017

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
What exactly limits your ability to pull of Rejuvenating Water? MP cost? Just not coming up when you need it?

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
The next update isn't recorded yet, because I keep changing my mind on what I want to do there. I think I've finally settled on an order: I'll take on another bonus boss. That's the last bonus boss which is easy enough to do with my current stats (and I died on my first two attempts at it in this run). After that, I'll almost certainly need go increase my stats, so I'll do the bonus dungeon.

The bonus dungeon monsters are the only source for many of the highest-quality crafting items.

Glazius posted:

What exactly limits your ability to pull of Rejuvenating Water? MP cost? Just not coming up when you need it?

Mostly, it's the second one, but you also need 153 AP. However, Rejuvenating water ALSO restores AP.

Obviously you need to learn it first. That means you need someone with either Restore V, Refresh IV, Rejuvenate III, Revitalize II, Support I or higher as the union leader, and you need to use the all-unions-revive to trigger.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Apr 21, 2016

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Maybe it's just me but the Cyclops fight video won't load past the first few seconds unless I click past it. Not a huge deal but kind of strange.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Kibayasu posted:

Maybe it's just me but the Cyclops fight video won't load past the first few seconds unless I click past it. Not a huge deal but kind of strange.

Nope, it's the same over here.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Kibayasu posted:

Is it a browser issue? On Firefox I don't see any problems in the first 13 minutes of the video, and I watched it all the way through.

I hope people like long videos because the next bonus boss is about 70 BR above me and has the usual slew of massive damaging guaranteed-to-happen AoE attacks. It took 40 minutes and I still ended up with a dead union at the end. I tried a couple more times with a better union setup. My next attempt I died early on, and the attempt after that I won, but with 2 dead unions. And that took 35 minutes. I don't think I want to spend any more time trying to have everyone alive at the end.

I'll be splitting that video into two 21 minute parts.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Apr 23, 2016

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Is it a browser issue? On Firefox I don't see any problems in the first 13 minutes of the video.

It happened to me too, also in Firefox. Puzzling.

Arbitrary Coin
Feb 17, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Yeah, the video stops after a few seconds for me too.

In other words, thanks for showing this game off! The world and characters are fascinating as is the game's tendency to not tell you jack poo poo

Seriously hiding Wagram's identity in a throw away line at the end of a sidequest tied to an optional character in an optional town? Its almost impressive how much the game goes against the typical JRPG tendency to smash things in your face

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
I'm terrible at this LP thing. The sad thing is that even if all I could do in Overwatch would be to screw around on the practice map with target bots, I'd probably be doing that quite a bit. But thankfully, I can't. Apparently I really, really don't want to work on picking screenshots out of a 40 minute video.

This is taking way too long. If I knew it would take me this long to finish stuff up I wouldn't have done it like this. So I think I'll adjust the plan. I'll finish this up, then I'll go do the final boss so we have some closure, and the remaining bonus bosses will be done afterwards, so I'm not keeping people waiting for the story conclusion forever.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

I'm terrible at this LP thing. The sad thing is that even if all I could do in Overwatch would be to screw around on the practice map with target bots, I'd probably be doing that quite a bit. But thankfully, I can't. Apparently I really, really don't want to work on picking screenshots out of a 40 minute video.

This is taking way too long. If I knew it would take me this long to finish stuff up I wouldn't have done it like this. So I think I'll adjust the plan. I'll finish this up, then I'll go do the final boss so we have some closure, and the remaining bonus bosses will be done afterwards, so I'm not keeping people waiting for the story conclusion forever.

That's fair. Still excited for the final updates because this has been a drat good LP.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Was I really… dead?

I did a little component hunting for some common parts to upgrade stuff.

learned:
  • Nimble Moulinet III!
  • Blood Rage!
learned Wind Shear III!
learned Maledict!
learned:
  • Nimble Resonance Edge V!
  • Confuse V!
learned Mighty Cyclone!

Okay this bonus boss has a very obscure requirement. You need the Eye of Evil, and you obtain that in a particularly odd way. First, go to the Athulm Union of the Golden Chalice guild.

Hire Aquarius. He is a Commander. Commanders are a Tier 6 mystic class who has a focus on Wards.

Jog down the street a bit to the Ring of the Labyrinth guild.

Done. That was easy. Now that I have that, it automatically unlocks.

For this one, you have to travel to Darken Forest.

- Bonus Boss Video: The Idols (1/2)

This bonus boss is about where you had to go pick flowers for Rhagoh a long time ago.

Music: The Gates of Hell

Extra Mission: Destroy all of the Idols!

This is not the best configuration I could have made. I should have substituted Irina in as the leader instead of Khrynia, because I really could have used the extra Rejuvenating Water casts. Unfortunately my later attempts using Irina ended with a worse result.

First up is the Fiery Idol.

It’s really weak.

This is the worst thing you’re likely to see from it. It can do Inferno Insignia, but it usually doesn’t live long enough to pull it off.

Hit him harder!

I barely had to scratch him to put him into critical.

This is the end…
This isn’t over yet!

Normally he mostly uses Flare, but instead he’s spamming his only actually dangerous attack.

You gotta hit him harder than that!

The Icy Idol appears next. He’s the reason why this is attempt 3.

This attack does that several times, so if it hits you will likely die. It does have a good chance to miss or be dodged though.

This idol is a huge pain in the rear end even if you aren’t coming into the fight with a dead union. I can’t use Beowulf.

Caedmon revived Rush, and Paris put an orphic ward on him, which will likely be extremely useful very soon.

Do you require assistance?

At least this time I didn’t die horribly.

We’re all up and in great shape now, but that’s not going to last.

This friggin’ spell killed my first two runs.

The Icy Idol can cast it multiple times per turn if you deadlock him multiple times. Rush was saved because of Orphic Ward.

And on top of the acid, it can do this sometimes at the end of the turn as well.

You won’t take us without a fight!
Still with us?

Emmy is fine because of another Orphic Ward.

Are you all right?

No. That was a free “start-of-turn” move, because it can act again on Jager’s turn.

Well fought…

I have one healthy union, one half-dead union, and three fully-dead unions.

Emmy lived, but I’m outnumbered by dead unions.

I’m using this because there’s a super-high dodge chance before a special move goes off, so I’m more likely to live if I do a special than if I send her to revive or self-heal.

gently caress this guy.

That’s a strong one!

A strong one, huh?

I has more HP than the Fiery Idol, so it takes more punishment before you can defeat it.

STOP DOING THAT.

Looks like this only hits unions deadlocked with it. Well, that’s something.

Fantastic. :geno:

Awesome. :geno:

Yay. Are we having fun yet?

Ohhh, looks like that totally hurt!

We’ll avenge you.

gently caress THIS FIGHT

This is the end of Turn 10. It’s been four turns since I was able to actually attack the boss. That’s crazy.

Young… master…
Oh come now, walk it off!

IT’S STILL NOT DEAD

Ha ha ha ha ha!

EAT A BAG OF DICKS

The Charged Idol is actually much easier than the Icy Idol.

STILL A PRICK THOUGH

GUESS WHAT? THIS IS ONLY THE 1/3 MARK OF THE BATTLE. YAAAAAY

Naturally, it’s beginning to charge up its big move. At least this one happens on every other turn.

Here’s something to remember me by!
Thanks!
Yay! We’re totally BFF!

Helpful, but it won’t remove Curse. It’s too bad I was a complete loving moron and didn’t have Irina in charge of Khrynia’s union, THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN HELPFUL. But my two following attempts at it went badly, and gently caress doing this fight again.

This doesn’t matter so much because I already need to be killed and revived (because of the curse the Icy Idol dropped on me).

About time I got my morale out of the trench.

Oh. Probably not good.

Are you all right?

Let’s clear up these curses.

I owe you one!

Nowhere left to run, rat!

That did 41k damage.

Finally into critical.

And down in the same fight with the union! Unfortunately, there’s still more than HALF the fight left.

Now one last unit to go: the Divine Idol.

Like all the Idols, they reinforce and attack at the same turn without possibility to defend. This killing blow is a sign of things to come.

Emmy can cast Rejuvenating water, which is probably useful even though we aren’t in all that bad shape… yet.

The Divine Idol is guaranteed to cast Fulgurate at the start and Tempest Insignia at the end of EVERY single turn. That will be a problem.

Darn, I’d rather she cast this last to heal up all the damage that’ll be done during the turn.

But it turned out that only Jager took damage this turn anyway.

Bwaha ha ha ha ha!
Just like that!

Another thing I forgot to do was to enable David and Pagus’s Remedies. I have Wyngale as the only healer because I’m trying to get him to learn Revitalize II. This means that the mystic union is pretty crippled for healing.

Rhagoh!
The hell are you doing?

My bad union composition and lack of healing means that I can’t recover from this stuff each turn. Now I have to send two unions to revive and I’ll still face a Tempest Insignia at the end!

This fight was so long that I split it into two videos. This is the end of the first video.

- Bonus Boss Video: The Idols (2/2)

I am ready to fight!

The second fight video starts here.

This union is terrible. Gaou is the only healer and reviver, and his healing sucks. This configuration needs to be changed. I should swap Paris for Torgal.

This was actually the best outcome since his unions would never have survived Tempest Insignia anyway.

Hundred Flowers is good because it should keep the boss from Raidlocking, and with good timing everyone will dodge the attack.

Argh, I missed a chance for free damage.

Don’t underestimate your foes!

We’re down, but not out!

The standard-issue deathblow attack. I suppose I should be lucky that sometimes those just kill and do no damage to the rest of the union.

I’ve… been negligent…

This boss is like BR 140. It’s super-powerful.

All I can do is poke slowly at the boss while frantically trying to stand my team up each turn. I’m not even getting morale-raising chances anymore. Unlike with some enemies, there’s no point holding back to avoid triggering multi-union attacking arts because the Tempest Insignia hits everyone anyway regardless of deadlocks.

A random critical boosts that damage up to 71,640.

Starting all turns essentially guaranteed to be at half-health at BEST really limits your options. It makes this fight drag on for ages. Talisman’s Gift is tricky, since it does nothing against mystic attacks, it might not save you. I picked it anyway.

I’d already decided to attack and suffer the inevitable death, but this was a lucky dodge. It let Glenys tack on an additional 10,000 damage.

Sometimes you just have to eat a few bullets. I need to get damage in or else I’ll never win. This is worth 31,455.

This isn’t over!
Impossible…

That went right through Talisman’s Gift without doing anything.

Somehow, our unions got spread out, so the Divine Idol had to march to get close to one, which means it did NOT fire off Tempest Insignia. Too bad I have absolutely no way to control that.

Was I really… dead?

I need to take advantage of every chance I have to move the morale in a favorable direction.

Hooray, nobody died.

Gaou brings back Violet.

Ooh, boy.

And this guy’s in critical, finally.

Thank you!

Full health for everyone now is a great idea.

Don’t let ‘em take you out!

It’s been a while since he learned a new combat art.

Thank you.

This fight would have been easier with Irina in charge. Two Rejuvenating Waters would be great. TOO BAD I’M A DUMBASS

The hell are you doing?

Super, I just need to stay on top of this and I think I have it.

I’m not out of this yet…

Get ready for the best move you will ever see!

Aw, what are you doing?!

You still with us?

Brutal.

No question Rush will use Second Chance here. Emmy will be using Hundred Flowers. Everyone else will be trying to heal.

Jager barely survived that.

33k damage.

You still with us?

I could only get Jager up to half health, which wasn’t enough.

Oho!
Strong.

And that’s it for the fight. Unfortunately, Jager, Gaou, and Torgal were dead and get no XP. I tried to run this fight again, but after one attempt, even though it was shorter thanks to Irina being a leader, TWO unions were dead at the end instead of one. The time after that I died to the drat Icy Idol’s Acid Rain again. After that I lost interest in trying to do another 20 minute attempt with no guarantee that they would turn out any better.

learned Second Chance III!
learned Nimble Thunderclap III!
learned Rejuvenating Water III!
learned Maledict IV!
learned Permafrost II!
learned Wildfire!
learned Second Chance II!

Reward: 100,000 G
Obtained Comet! You have learned a new formation!

Anyway, because it’s been so long since my last update, and I’m getting tired, I think it’s best if I just do the final boss next. I hadn’t expected that it would take me this long to get this update up. I don’t want to keep people waiting for months if I slip on the schedule again, so I’ll do the final boss next and the remaining content will be done after, so at least there’s closure now and the rest doesn’t matter.

New Arts Summary
learned:
  • Nimble Moulinet III!
  • Blood Rage!
  • Rejuvenating Water III!
learned:
  • Wind Shear III!
  • Permafrost II!
learned Maledict!
learned:
  • Nimble Resonance Edge V!
  • Confuse V!
learned Mighty Cyclone!
learned Second Chance III!
learned Nimble Thunderclap III!
learned Maledict IV!
learned Wildfire!
learned Second Chance II!

Bonus Boss: The Idols (1/2)
Bonus Boss: The Idols (2/2)

Next Time: I desire to release Remnants from the hands of men.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 18:22 on May 18, 2016

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Holy poo poo that boss rush is insane

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom
Yeah that didn't look fun at all. I'm not exactly a creative genius when it comes to battle tactics but it looks like the only real move is 'heal every turn or die'

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

booksnake posted:

Yeah that didn't look fun at all. I'm not exactly a creative genius when it comes to battle tactics but it looks like the only real move is 'heal every turn or die'

I really feel like not giving you control of positioning was a mistake that the designers made. That one turn where the boss was forced to march because nothing was in range of it might have saved your rear end.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
Well, these are bonus bosses added as high-level content. I think I'm taking this one on much too soon. Plus my party configuration was bad. The run I did next time was faster by like 10 minutes just from switching Irina to be the union leader. Unfortunately, that one ended with TWO unions down instead of one, which was worse.

I'm going to work on recording the final boss soon.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
It seems possible to cling desperately to the edge of Game Over for quite a while thanks to how many dudes you have and their ability to revive each other.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
Next Update status report: So far, four failed attempts at the final boss. I might make one more attempt today, but because it takes 40 minutes+ per attempt, if I don't get it then, I won't have time to try again before Tuesday. There's a really unfortunate (guaranteed to happen) enemy move which can potentially wipe out an entire field of 9999 health unions if your morale is low. So it might take me a while to get past that. EDIT: BOOM. Beaten.

Glazius posted:

It seems possible to cling desperately to the edge of Game Over for quite a while thanks to how many dudes you have and their ability to revive each other.

Yeah - unless you're down to 1 union, at that point, the only thing which could possibly save you is sheer luck and hoping the enemy doesn't kill you with the inevitable Raidlock.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 19:48 on May 20, 2016

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Checkin’ my stats, huh?

learned:
  • Nimble Blue Streak!
  • Nimble Blue Streak II!

The final boss is past the door. On the way here, I got in a fight and reached BR 71, and Irina leveled up an art twice.

Be sure to have full stocks of all your combat items that you plan to use, just in case. Before I step through that door to the final boss, a roundup of my current characters stats and abilities.

We are BR 71. I’ve changed my party configuration. Paris and Torgal have switched unions and Irina is back in the lead slot of her union. Now all unions have a Remedies user and someone who can use items to resurrect. Let’s go over the unions one at a time.

I’ll start, naturally, with Rush’s union. It consists of Rush, the Duke of Ghor, and Darien in the Scatterswarm formation. As I read the description I now realize that Ghor should be in slot 5 since he has no mystic attack. Oops. Rush’s union is built for Rear Assaulting, with Rush also having healing, reviving, and morale control.

Rush Sykes

Class: Legendary Ninja
HP: 1115
Str / Int: 88 / 61
Atk / Def : 127 / 24 || 127 / 24
Mystic Atk / Def: 123 / 22 || 123 / 22

Current Arts
  • Dual Wield: Swift Devil’s Due V, Nimble Bladedancer V, Nimble Resonance Edge V, Swift Acala’s Wrath V, Nimble Third Eye IV, Nimble Spring Squall II
  • Invocations: Spark V
  • Remedies: Restore V, Refresh II, Rejuvenate, Revitalize V, Support, Kiss of Life V, Second Chance III
  • Evocations: Mystic Missile III
  • Psionics: Bluff V, Confuse IV, Enrage, Addle V, Maledict IV, Stealth, Mixed Message II
  • Wards: Orphic Ward V, Protection III, Decoy
  • Arcana: Rejuvenating Water, Fatal Eclipse,
  • Hexes: Poison Gas IV
  • Herbs: Restorative Herb)
  • Lotions: (Antivenin)
  • Potions: (Red Potion)
  • Traps: (Stun Trap)
  • Shards: (Gravity Tempest)
  • Explosives: (Flash Bomb)
  • Unique: Omnistrike, Talisman’s Gift, Cyclops

Duke of Ghor

Class: Legendary Axman
HP: 2297
Str / Int: 104 / 47
Atk / Def : 184 / 38
Mystic Atk / Def: 150 / 35

Current Arts
  • Power Grip: Smash III, Crossbreak III, Switchback II,(Dragon's Flight, Cyclone II, Mighty Rift Cleaver II
  • Unique: Bel'kwinith’s Fury

Darien

Class: Legendary Scout
HP: 1686
Str / Int: 98 / 47
Atk / Def: 177 / 24
Mystic Atk / Def: 180 / 26

Current Arts
  • Two-Handed: Nimble Double Strike IV, Nimble Thunderclap III, Nimble Cascade Strike III, Dragon Crush II, Fleche
  • Remedies: Restore IV, Refresh, Rejuvenate
  • Herbs: Restorative Herb III, Vivification Herb IV, Life Powder II, Restorative Tincture II, Vivification Tincture
  • Potions: Red Potion
  • Lotions: Antivenin, Eye Cream II

Emmy’s squad is for combat and healing. Emmy also can summon and has a low-health special attack. They are in the Juggernaut formation, which increases the number of extra attacks, tacking on extra damage with each attack.

Emmy Honeywell

Class: Legendary Cavalier
HP: 1239
Str / Int: 104 / 49
Atk / Def: 191 / 60 || 135 / 38
Mystic Atk / Def: 139 / 41 || 133 / 39

Current Arts
  • One-Handed: Knee Splitter
  • Power Grip: Smash
  • Dual Wield: Nimble Devil’s Due IV, Nimble Bladedancer III, Swift Resonance Edge IV, Nimble Acala’s Wrath, Nimble Moulinet III, Blood Rage
  • Remedies: Restore III, Refresh III, Rejuvenate II, Revitalize IV
  • Arcanas: Rejuvenating Water III
  • Traps: Stun Trap
  • Unique Arts: Hundred Flowers, Namul Niram

Caedmon

Class: Legendary Ataraxian
HP: 1475
Str / Int: 123 / 62
Atk / Def: 115 / 36
Mystic Atk / Def: 115 / 38

Current Arts
  • Dual Two-Handed: Nimble Flash Strike IV, Nimble Focus Strike IV, Earthrender IV, Scattered Petals
  • Evocations: Mystic Missile III, Flash Arrow II, Silencer II, Eclipse, Snare Shot
  • Remedies: Restore IV, Refresh, Rejuvenate
  • Herbs: Restorative Herb V, Vivification Herb IV, Life Powder, Restorative Tincture IV, Vivification Tincture
    Traps: Stun Trap

Glenys

HP: 1335
Str / Int: 83 / 47
Atk / Def: 140 / 33
Mystic Atk / Def: 137 / 30

Current Arts
  • One-Handed: Knee Splitter II, Cutting Lunge
  • Power Grip: Nimble Smash IV, Crossbreak III, Nimble Switchback III, Dragon’s Flight II, Moonset II, Moonshadow
  • Evocations: Mystic Missile
  • Remedies: Restore IV, Refresh II, Rejuvenate II, Revitalize III
  • Arcana: Rejuvenating Water II
  • Herbs: Restorative Herb

Torgal

Class: Legendary Cleric
HP: 1695
Str / Int: 103 / 54
Atk / Def: 140 / 37 || 140 / 37
Mystic Atk / Def: 117 / 26 || 117 / 26

Current Arts
  • Dual Power Grip: Fury Blow
  • Quad Wield: Mighty Quad Slice V, Mighty Four Winds III, Slice & Dice III, Quadrille III
  • Evocations: Mystic Missile III
  • Psionics: Bluff II, Confuse II, Enrage, Addle, Maledict
  • Unique: Lugh’s Revenge

Wyngale is leading the Mystics union. They are in the Candle 2 formation, which is good for a 4-mystics union. I have re-enabled all the healing for this union, which I had disabled to try to get Wyngale to learn Revitalize II. He is not a Warlock yet, since he doesn’t have Revitalize II needed for Rejuvenating Water or Grenade Impact needed for Crimson Flare. I never got David’s most recent weapon upgrades so his regular attacks will be doing crap damage.

Wyngale

Class: Legendary Cleric
HP: 896
Str / Int: 78 / 109
Atk / Def: 136 / 26 || 136 / 26
Mystic Atk / Def: 132 / 24 || 132 / 24

Current Arts
  • Quad Wield: Quad Slice III, Four Winds III, Slice & Dice II, Quadrille
  • Dual Power Grip: Fury Blow III, Bonecrusher II, Twin Gimlet
  • Invocations: Spark V, Wind Shear III, Double Time II), Caustic Blast, Permafrost II
  • Evocations: Mystic Missile III, Flash Arrow III, Silencer II, Eclipse II, Snare Shot
  • Hexes: Poison Gas III, Paralyze Gas III, Silent Gas II, Smoke Canister II, Dispirit
  • Remedies: Restore III, Refresh II, Rejuvenate III, Revitalize
  • Psionics: Bluff III, Confuse V, Enrage II, Addle II, Maledict III, Stealth
  • Arcana: Blackout, Whiteout, Animalcule, Fatal Eclipse
  • Traps: Stun Trap III, Land Mine II, Retreat Flare II, Pandora's Box

David Nassau

Class: Legendary Mysticknight
HP: 1492
Str / Int: 60 / 86
Atk / Def: 100 / 31
Mystic Atk / Def: 97 / 31

Current Arts
  • One-Handed: Knee Splitter, Cutting Lunge, Blue Streak, Double Slash
  • Invocations: Spark V, Wind Shear IV, Double Time III, Caustic Blast III, Permafrost V, Wildfire
  • Remedies: Restore IV, Refresh II, Rejuvenate
  • Arcana: Blackout
  • Herbs: Restorative Herb V, Vivification Herb IV, Life Powder, Restorative Tincture, Vivification Tincture
  • Shards: Gravity Tempest II
  • Unique: Ex Machina, Gae Bolg

Kate

Class: Legendary Druid
HP: 1198
Str / Int: 55 / 91
Atk / Def: 86 / 28
Mystic Atk / Def: 174 / 57

Current Arts
  • One-Handed: Knee Splitter III, Cutting Lunge II, Blue Streak
  • Evocations: Mystic Missile
  • Hexes: Poison Gas IV, Paralyze Gas III, Silent Gas II, Smoke Canister II, Dispirit V, Bewitch II, Cachexia
  • Arcana: Animalcule
  • Explosives: Flash Bomb

Pagus

Class: Adept Bishop
HP: 989
Str / Int: 43 / 107
Atk / Def: 163 / 64
Mystic Atk / Def: 167 / 67

Current Arts
  • Two-Handed: Double Strike, Thunderclap, Cascade Strike, Dragon Crush
  • Invocations: Spark V, Wind Shear IV, Double Time II, Caustic Blast II, Permafrost II
  • Remedies: Restore V, Refresh II, Rejuvenate, Revitalize IV
  • Wards: Orphic Ward III, Protection II
  • Arcana: Blackout, Rejuvenating Water II
  • Herbs: Restorative Herb III, Vivification Herb,
  • Unique: Megalore

Irina is back in charge of this union. It’s primarily a healing union, with some combat. It’s in the Unicorn II formation, which makes them faster and better with physical attacks. As a Scholar, Irina is immune to Instant Death, and Blocter’s Wonder Bangle means all other status effects on the union will wear off at the end of the turn, meaning that if Irina’s union can survive an attack, they can probably get another union up as well as heal.

Irina Sykes

Class: Legendary Scholar
HP: 1292
Str / Int: 53 / 131
Atk / Def: 238 / 18
Mystic Atk / Def: 237 / 19

Current Arts
  • Two-Handed: Nimble Double Strike III, Nimble Thunderclap II, Cascade Strike
  • One-Handed: Nimble Knee Splitter III, Nimble Cutting Lunge II, Nimble Blue Streak II
  • Remedies: Restore IV, Refresh III, Rejuvenate II, Revitalize V, Support, Kiss of Life III, Second Chance II
  • Arcana: Rejuvenating Water II
  • Lotions: Antivenin III, Eye Cream III, Throat Salve II, Invigoration Cream
  • Traps: Stun Trap III, Land Mine III, Retreat Flare III
  • Unique: Omnistrike

Khrynia

Class: Legendary Thief
HP: 1219
Str / Int: 62 / 66
Atk / Def: 99 / 21
Mystic Atk / Def: 99 / 21

Current Arts
  • Power Grip: Smash III, Crossbreak III, Switchback II, Dragon's Flight, Moonset II, Moonshadow
  • Invocations: Spark III, Wind Shear II, Double Time II, Caustic Blast
  • Evocations: Mystic Missile III, Flash Arrow III, Silencer II, Eclipse II, Snare Shot
  • Explosives: Flash Bomb III, Poison Bomb III, Smoke Bomb II, Sound Dampener II, Acid Bomb II, Evil Bomb
  • Shards: Gravity Tempest III, Earth Bind III, Shockwave II, Sunflare III, Moonlight III
  • Unique: Dual Snowpetal

Violet

HP: 1320
Str / Int: 88 / 45
Atk / Def: 195 / 62
Mystic Atk / Def: 93 / 31

Current Arts
  • Two-Handed: Mighty Double Strike IV, Mighty Thunderclap III,
  • Remedies : (Restore)
Future Arts
  • Hexes @ BR 26
  • Explosives @ BR 42
  • Arcana: Rejuvenating Water

Blocter

Class: Legendary Scout
HP: 1922
Str / Int: 97 / 37
Atk / Def: 194 / 55
Mystic Atk / Def: 84 / 24

Current Arts
  • One-Handed: Nimble Knee Splitter III, Cutting Lunge
  • Power Grip: Mighty Smash IV, Mighty Crossbreak III, Mighty Switchback IV, Mighty Dragon’s Flight, Cyclone
  • Hexes: Poison Gas
  • Herbs: Restorative Herb V, Vivification Herb III, Life Powder, Restorative Tincture III, Vivification Tincture
    Traps: Stun Trap

Jager’s union is all about combat power. Paris has been shifted in to add more reliable healing. They’re in the Pincers Grip II formation which boosts their attacks, but I’m not sure how well slashing attacks work with this group.

Jager

Class: Vagrant
HP: 2438
Str / Int: 130 / 59
Atk / Def: 196 / 60
Mystic Atk / Def: 197 / 57

Current Arts
  • Two-Handed: Nimble Double Strike IV, Nimble Thunderclap III, Nimble Cascade Strike III, Nimble Dragon Crush II, Nimble Fleche III, Heaven Pierce
  • Psionics: Bluff III, Confuse, Enrage, Addle
  • Explosives: Flash Bomb
  • Unique: Beowolf, Schiavona, Lob Omen

Gaou

Class: Legendary Hunter
HP: 1619
Str / Int: 137 / 45
Atk / Def: 168 / 41
Mystic Atk / Def: 171 / 40

Current Arts
  • Power Grip: Mighty Smash III, Mighty Crossbreak III, Mighty Switchback II, Mighty Dragon’s Flight III, Dragon’s Tail
  • Hexes: Poison Gas
  • Lotions: Antivenin III, Eye Cream V, Throat Salve II, Invigoration Cream II, Hartshorn IV, Cyclone Cream
  • Unique: Zeal’s Virtue

Paris

Class: Legendary Paladin
HP: 2092
Str / Int: 76 / 107
Atk / Def: 142 / 40
Mystic Atk / Def: 175 / 47

Current Arts
  • Two-Handed: Mighty Double Strike IV, Thunderclap II, Cascade Strike, Dragon Crush, Crush
  • Remedies: Restore III, Refresh II, Rejuvenate II, Revitalize III
  • Psionics: Bluff IV, Confuse III, Enrage II, Addle III, Maledict IV, Stealth III
  • Wards: Orphic Ward III, Protection II
  • Arcana: Rejuvenating Water II, Fatal Eclipse

New Arts Summary

learned:
  • Nimble Blue Streak!
  • Nimble Blue Streak II!

Next Time: I desire to release Remnants from the hands of men.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Apr 13, 2017

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
Okay, this update is going to be something like 200 images, which is totally ridiculous. This was not completely unforseen, though. So, new plan: I'll split the update into multiple pieces, and doing that, I might be able to get something up as soon as tomorrow. But I'd rather not quadruple post.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I'm looking forward to the update.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Quite the same.
I've already done all my theorycrafting though so I got nothing to add.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Update good. New page better.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Lets get to a new page so most of the questions can be answered.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
This poo poo gon be good.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I shall contribute to the page advancing towards plot.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
New page needed.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Also, I'm reminded we have still to pick up one last recruit who requires a large amount of BP before he shows up.

Traverse
Oct 13, 2012

Aw yeah, final boss time.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

The final boss legitimately has one of my favorite musical cues in video games.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
So, Remnants are living creatures and maybe Rush is one? Would like to see how that goes.

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom
Every treasure chest is a mimic!

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
I had wanted to do all three parts of the finale at once, but given how wretched my updating schedule has been for the past two months, I just want to get something out. So today will be part 1 (Update written, screenshots done, videos encoding at this moment). Part 2 and 3 coming as I finish them.

Onmi posted:

Also, I'm reminded we have still to pick up one last recruit who requires a large amount of BP before he shows up.

Absolutely correct, but since I'm fighting the final boss before reaching that BR, it'll have to wait for the postgame content. (I still intend to do that.)

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Jun 10, 2016

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Sweet, I still absolutely love this LP, it's good to see the game finally getting showcased. Besides I didn't kill half of the bonus bosses

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich

I had wanted to do all three parts of the finale at once, but given how wretched my updating schedule has been for the past two months, I just want to get something out. So today will be part 1 (Update written, screenshots done, videos encoding at this moment). Part 2 and 3 coming as I finish them.

Woo! Looking forward to it!

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

I desire to release Remnants from the hands of men.

- Video: The Conqueror’s Goals

No turning back now.

Music: The Warden and the Activator

The decision to not spend much money or polygons modelling the characters feet was a good one right up until this point.

You’ve arrived.

What’s your game, Conqueror?
I desire to release Remnants from the hands of men.
Release?

The beings of this planet have become far too accustomed to using Remnants as their tools. At this rate, they will push the Remnants power beyond their limits. They will destroy all existence.

Ridiculous! Do you really think so little of us?

Do you really think your trust in mankind is founded?

My duty is to prevent that eventuality.

Who – what really are you?

Merely one Warden of the Remnants.
Warden?

So, there’s something here in Elysion you need to release the Remnants, is that it?

Hint for Rush: It’s probably that thing with the red spinny balls he was using!

*sigh* You should know. This was not originally my task to complete. With the activation of this machine, all of the world’s Remnants will be freed.

While you’re answering questions, maybe you can answer me this: Why did you do that to Hermeien?
I desired to learn to what extent releasing the Remnants would affect this world.

Thankfully, I found that Remnants merely consume lesser lifeforms, like men.

People consumed by Remnants?! Then… if all the Remnants were released…

Well, do you finally understand?

Turns out that the God Emperor’s plan of “sit around and hope for a benevolent rule by the Conqueror” was a bad plan. Who knew?!

I understand that you don’t really give a drat about people’s lives!

But me?

My friends and family are something I wouldn’t trade for the world. I’ll protect ‘em!

No matter what!

As you wish.

I won’t hold back.

Come.

Music: Nisus

- Final Boss Video (Part 1/3): Roeas and Castanea

The final boss fight gets its own music of course.

Uh-oh. On each of my first 5 attempts at this, Jager summoned Lob Omen at the start of the first turn. No one is summoning now, which is not good. You really need the extra help a Summon provides.

This is the third and final time we fight Roeas and Castanea. The previous time was for Caedmon’s quest at Harphulus Pass. Her BR is now between 85-87 and her HP is approximately between 116,000 and 179,000 HP. Castanea’s HP is between 160,000 and 248,000 HP. We have to defeat both of them before the Conqueror will face us. If it takes you more than 4 turns to do that, you’re probably not ready to fight the Conqueror.

That didn’t really hurt much.

Yeah, let’s kick some tail!

Oh thank goodness, Jager gets to summon Lob Omen.

You want to keep your morale as high as possible at all times. It is not an exaggeration to say that the outcome of the fight rests entirely on keeping your morale high.

This is new.

Does that look familiar to anyone? Here’s a hint:

Yep, it’s the Brimslaubus, the thing that Leshau secretly gave to the Hermeien-run Academy. Whoops.

Its damage can range from mild to highly dangerous.

Lob Omen: Obey me!

Sure, an Omnistrike and Dual Snowpetal seem like just the ticket.

Impossible…

An eye-popping 126,176 damage.

I hope Castanea dies quickly because with Roeas dead, he will use Overdrive on his next turn.

Pretty impressive damage numbers.

Very nice!

Thanks for coming folks! That’s all the time we have for you today. No, seriously, this fight takes no less than 40 minutes. There’s a shitload of screenshots and I need to cut it off at a reasonable place.

The Conqueror’s Goals
Final Boss (Part 1/3): Roeas and Castanea

Well, here he is, the Conqueror, as expected, the final boss of the game.

I might have hinted before about how the Last Remnant handles difficulty if you complete sidequests. The Conqueror has 8 different versions based on certain conditions you reach. His BR for the first seven ranks is between 85 and 145. His BR at Rank 8 is set to the maximum of 255. According to the wiki the conditions are:

Rank 1: Infamous
  • Collected most Remnants and Lob Omen
  • HP: ~375,124

Rank 2: Notorious
  • Collected most Remnants but NOT Lob Omen
  • HP: ~438,772

Rank 3: Vicious
  • Default. Only collected the Tablet and Lob Omen.
  • HP: ~515,648

Rank 4: Sinister
  • Fought 1000+ battles
  • HP: ~589,599

Rank 5: Malevolent
  • Completed Frustrations and the Fallen
  • HP: ~661,410

Rank 6: Villainous
  • Kill a certain Bonus Boss - The Enlightened Seven
  • HP: ~739,835

Rank 7: Nefarious
  • Kill a certain Bonus Boss – The White Conqueror
  • HP: ~825,414

Rank 8: The True Conqueror
  • Complete all sidequests (except At Hatred’s End on PC)
  • HP: ~1,979,784

We completed all sidequests, so we get Rank 8: The True Conqueror. That version has a whole 1.1 MILLION more HP than Rank 7. Yes, we need to chew through almost 2 million HP to win.

Speaking of sidequests, several of them now matter:

If you did not complete the Balterossa quest “The Ancient War”, the Conqueror can use the Tao Tie as an art in battle. Didn’t finish “UFO?” Conqueror can use Lob Omen as an attack (not a summon). Missed “The Tablet of Marshall”? The Conqueror has Namul Niram (also an attack, not a summon). Failing to finish Royotia’s “The Fiery Revolt” means that the Emeth Tag is in the Conqueror’s hands and he can use Delta-Petra. All of those are pretty nasty, but by finishing the quests we avoided that.

Two other quests give the Conqueror arts if you DO complete them, though: Finishing Baaluk’s “Frustrations” quest has Leshau give the Brimslaubus to the Academy, and to Hermeien, so the Conqueror gets Seal. If we had finished Ophelia’s quest “At Hatred’s End”, Melphina gives up the Blue Elf, and the Conqueror would have Abyssal Gate.

Rush is still wearing the Ragna-Rock, and one effect of that is that it has “[Unknown] Bonus”. What that means is that Rush does 30% extra damage to the Conqueror (and the Fallen, and any possible palette swaps of the two).

On another note, there's a mild continuity error in this update, which is my own fault. See if you can spot it!

Next Time: Die.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Jun 13, 2016

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

I love that build up of the side quests affecting how many arts the Conqueror has, as well as the boss scaling in difficult depending on what you've completed.

And yeah Rush is pretty aware he's a Remnant at this point. And that his job was the watch over and release the remnants. It's more like he pieced this together a number of updates ago, most likely when they first mentioned remnants taking the form of humans.

This battle is going to be amazing, the True Conqueror is loving intense, I'm fairly certain the only boss more intense excluding The Fallen (due to the 10 turn limit) is The White Conqueror

Onmi fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Jun 10, 2016

asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

the absence or violation of symmetry
Check out the new dungeon armor from FFXIV. One of em is quite familiar.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Which Rank Conqueror has the least attacks and which has the most?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Mraagvpeine posted:

Which Rank Conqueror has the least attacks and which has the most?

Probably Rank 4, 6 or 7, although 6 & 7 are harder to get. So let's say Rank 4. It requires 1000 battles fought, but you can do that without completing all the Remnant side-quests.

An alternative answer to your question though is the White Conqueror bonus boss, which has ALL attacks available regardless of quest completion. I'm not even going to pretend that I stand a chance of beating him.

• Locked thread