Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I think if you've read the majority of mtmte you should read the swerve chapter at the very least if you're not going to catch up all the way. I forget the exact issue number though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
MTMTE gets a little up its own rear end at times but its biggest problem in my opinion is "this issue was fine/funny/cool but Roberts must be taking BMB's Masterclass Seminar in story decompression" which isn't near as much of a problem if you're able to read 6 issues in a sitting instead of spread across half a year.
If you're pirating or if there's some kind of IDW Unlimited service, it's not too much of a slog to go through Dark Cybertron. If you're paying by the issue, gently caress it, skip it and read a synopsis. I really like the current arc, but like basically every comic story ever, it'd be better digested all at once instead of 22 pages a month. Curse of the medium, I guess. Like, this would be an absolutely killer 2-part episode of MTMTE The Animated Series if such a thing existed.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Thanks for the advice everyone. I still have some misgivings, but Dark Cybertron is cheap on Amazon, I'll grab both volumes and forge ahead.

Diet Poison posted:

I really like the current arc, but like basically every comic story ever, it'd be better digested all at once instead of 22 pages a month. Curse of the medium, I guess. Like, this would be an absolutely killer 2-part episode of MTMTE The Animated Series if such a thing existed.

That's pretty much every comic book, yes. I don't read single issues of anything, I get collected volumes on my Kindle. I've learned to live with that meaning I'm always trailing months behind...because pasting together a bunch of small digital comics into one big one so they can take my money is so difficult, apparently.f

e: that's 'misgivings', not 'muffins'. Phone, stop being silly.

Zoe fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Jun 10, 2016

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
The two biggest problems with Dark Cybertron are i) it interrupts MTMTE's story to drag everyone back to Cybertron for crossover bobbins; ii) it takes absolutely ages to get going. One thing I will say though is that it's got one of the more satisfying endings to a crossover event published anywhere of late.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I think some people who read- and got reeeaellll tired of- Furman's IDW work might get more thigns out of Dark Cybertron.
It kind of ends a lot of things from Furman's influence that were kind of bad or tiresome (NO GIRLS EVER, daaark universe, shockwave's schemes...) and for all and with emotional/characterful interaction instead of macguffins.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Diet Poison posted:

MTMTE gets a little up its own rear end at times but its biggest problem in my opinion is "this issue was fine/funny/cool but Roberts must be taking BMB's Masterclass Seminar in story decompression" which isn't near as much of a problem if you're able to read 6 issues in a sitting instead of spread across half a year.
If you're pirating or if there's some kind of IDW Unlimited service, it's not too much of a slog to go through Dark Cybertron. If you're paying by the issue, gently caress it, skip it and read a synopsis. I really like the current arc, but like basically every comic story ever, it'd be better digested all at once instead of 22 pages a month. Curse of the medium, I guess. Like, this would be an absolutely killer 2-part episode of MTMTE The Animated Series if such a thing existed.

The Humble Indie Bundle regularly offers a near-complete run of one of IDW'sbooks every couple months. I got up to volume 6 or so of not-RID, MTMTE, and a good chunk of the previous ongoing/Marvel reprints for $15 American.

This month I think it's Ghostbusters.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Gammatron 64 posted:

Not even Wheeljack, the best Transformer?

gently caress you, Huffa.
\

I literally ordered wheeljack first thing after making that post.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

I literally ordered wheeljack first thing after making that post.

Good man!

:hfive:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Ugh, I still need to get MP Wheeljack.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
You can, and for only 20 bucks, too! :unsmigghh:

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Zoe posted:

Thanks for the advice everyone. I still have some misgivings, but Dark Cybertron is cheap on Amazon, I'll grab both volumes and forge ahead.

I think TF stuff is included in Comixology's new subscription service, btw.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

I caved and preordered the Takara Skylynx thingie, does anyone want....everything but Ratchet? As a bundle (no being sneaky and just asking for Wheeljack)?

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

The MSJ posted:

This combiner is neither 3rd party nor Transformers, but it is very official.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxTJQmvHL-k

I went ahead and ordered it. I love Toy Story and I have the previous set which is Mickey and Co.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Captain Invictus posted:

You can, and for only 20 bucks, too! :unsmigghh:

I mean seriously though, KO MP Wheeljack has some pretty major flaws and it's one that you should go legit with.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
My KO Exhaust, which I got because the real one can't be sold in America because vaping or something, has a little trouble tabbing together firmly in car mode. Like, the whole roof's (both his chest and backpack) tabs are a little too big, or slightly off-position. It's scary the way that Tracks/Road Rage has that little tab holding their ankles shut in car mode.

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I think TF stuff is included in Comixology's new subscription service, btw.

Ooh! Thanks for the heads up!

I caved and preordered the Takara Skylynx thingie, does anyone want....everything but Ratchet? As a bundle (no being sneaky and just asking for Wheeljack)?

DT, are we absolutely certain that there will be no Ratchet release in North America?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jun 10, 2016

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

DT, are we absolutely certain that there will be no Ratchet release in North America?

The preorder wont be filled until October, if it's not out by then it's REALLY not happening (IMO).

edit: Also, wasn't the rule that FunPub couldn't offer characters at Botcon that have an upcoming retail release?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

edit: Also, wasn't the rule that FunPub couldn't offer characters at Botcon that have an upcoming retail release?
We've never seen the official contractual obligations or whatever the proper nomenclature is; but it is said to be a six month window.

I was going to say I think we'd have gotten him in May but apparently they screwed up their may event or something so maybe in the fall with the supposed Hasbro Blast-Off?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
We aren't getting a Hasbro release of Ratchet. Hasbro specifically asked BotCon to make him because they didn't have plans to themselves.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Spiderdrake posted:

I was going to say I think we'd have gotten him in May but apparently they screwed up their may event or something so maybe in the fall with the supposed Hasbro Blast-Off?

I hadn't head that Blast-Off was possible, that'd be neato.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They didn't screw up the May event, they just didn't want to sell a highly sought after figure for a discount so they held Groove back from HST.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Rhyno posted:

They didn't screw up the May event, they just didn't want to sell a highly sought after figure for a discount so they held Groove back from HST.

Source your rumors

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Bunch of video reviews of w1 TR stuff reviewed in a language I unfortunately don't know: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLUCtpii56I edit: forum parsed out the list from the URL, but there's also blurr/skullsmasher/scourge

Watching Hardhead now, looks to be ROTF deluxe sized from his comparison? I don't recognize that BB.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Spiderdrake posted:

I don't recognize that BB.

DOTM Nitro Bumblebee

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Dude is clumsy as hell but I'm sold on Skullcruncher, Hardhead and now Blurr which I didn't expect at first; he looks really nice. Scourge, not so much.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

ALL THE TITAN RETURNS!!!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Rhyno posted:

I mean seriously though, KO MP Wheeljack has some pretty major flaws and it's one that you should go legit with.

Oh really? Like what?

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Consistently, or in "some reports?" Mine is quite nice, and I compared to the online vids.

On a side note, is there some kind of master-list of all currently available MP KOs?

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
As long as I'm here, another comic question. Is there anything that follows that group of Decepticons that found Grimlock? Fulcrum and Misfire and whoever else? They got a brief scene in Vol 5 when Tyrest was doing his thing, which reminded me, they were kind of fun.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

Zoe posted:

As long as I'm here, another comic question. Is there anything that follows that group of Decepticons that found Grimlock? Fulcrum and Misfire and whoever else? They got a brief scene in Vol 5 when Tyrest was doing his thing, which reminded me, they were kind of fun.

Just MTMTE.

They've had one arc per season and appear during finales.

I think they'll meet up with Team Rodimus now that the Lost Light are traitors.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

Oh really? Like what?

I've had three and they all had the same crappy shoulders. Ended up going to the legit because of the issues. Ditto for the Lambo mold, I got tired of repinning and shaving pegs.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Rhyno posted:

My legit one has some tabbing-together issues so YMMV.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/06/10/masterpiece-cheetor-first-prototype-image-316861#images

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I have such a huge boner right now.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

That looks really freaking good.

Also according to TFW:

quote:

You’ve probably noticed by now that the Tokyo Toy Show is in full swing, and with it comes many new details on Takara‘s upcoming Transformes figures. A panel focusing on the brand took place, though unfortunately, photography was prohibited.

However, Twitter user @tagoal has brought us some juicy details. Namely, Legends Ginrai was apparently confirmed as being in development – and if that’s not enough, it sounds as if he features a redesign of the cab, chest, feet, and arms!

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Oh poo poo, I never thought I would be hype for Cheetor of all people but gently caress, that looks loving good dude

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They were not joking when they said 2016 would have some fuckin Beast Wars poo poo.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Rhyno posted:

They were not joking when they said 2016 would have some fuckin Beast Wars poo poo.

between this and the primal that's like 300 bucks im not ready to spend but will

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Literally The Worst posted:

between this and the primal that's like 300 bucks im not ready to spend but will

I bet we see a proto for MP BW Megatron by years end.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Rhyno posted:

I bet we see a proto for MP BW Megatron by years end.

no no no shut up shut up shut uuuuuuup

how tall are these things going to end up being anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Literally The Worst posted:

no no no shut up shut up shut uuuuuuup

how tall are these things going to end up being anyway

Primal is like voyager size I think.