Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
The thing I've been working on with Kan will be announced on the show Thursday June 2nd, around 24:57.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

zari-gani posted:

around 24:57.

Goddamn, challenges are now so long they're adding extra hours to the day.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

zari-gani posted:

The thing I've been working on with Kan will be announced on the show Thursday June 2nd, around 24:57.

That late in the episode makes me think that the ice cream announcement might be about something else.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Kakaricho posted:

That late in the episode makes me think that the ice cream announcement might be about something else.

Yeah I really don't think mine is a big enough thing for it to be announced during ice cream. (I don't know what the announcement could be.)

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Tonight's two reveals:

-They're going to commence development of a brand-new Megadrive game with the intention of releasing it in 2018 for the Megadrive's 30th anniversary

-They're airing a TV special of an "88-game pilgrimage" in Shikoku on July 3, broadcast in 4K (is this a reveal? maybe it was already announced)

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 12:40 on May 31, 2016

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

-They're going to commence development of a brand-new Megadrive game with the intention of releasing it in 2018 for the Megadrive's 30th anniversary

I must have missed the postcard that told me I was living in Brazil.

If you're referring to articles like this,
http://news.denfaminicogamer.jp/megadrivecx/kibe1

It's common to over-exaggerate entertainment news in Japan to push a product, this time likely being the Mega Drive DVD set I mentioned before.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

They're airing a TV special of an "88-game pilgrimage" in Shikoku on July 3, broadcast in 4K (is this a reveal? maybe it was already announced)

It was.

Kakaricho posted:

NTT Plala (an ISP) and I-Cast (child company) are collaborating with Fuji TV to make 4K TV programs. The first one will be "Game Center CX in Shikoku - 88 Game Machine Pilgrimage (tentative title)", a reference to Shikoku's 88 Buddhist temple pilgrimage. It will premiere on NTT Hikari (an on-Demand TV service) in late June in 4K, and in standard HD on Fuji One-Two-Next (the regular broadcast channels) some time after. In addition to the trip, there will also be a game challenge.

http://av.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20160412_752770.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shikoku_Pilgrimage

Date was later pushed back to July 3rd in a later broadcast.

Kakaricho fucked around with this message at 15:49 on May 31, 2016

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

I just realized that the announcement of the project I worked on will be paired with the Cho Aniki episode. I'm so honoured.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

The Cho Aniki challenge is a two part episode.

In the opening, all of the old rumors that Beat Takeshi was really drunk making Takeshi's Challenge Letter were confirmed true during a conversation with Takeshi himself.

The ice cream announcement was about the Shikoku special. Arino is already fearing being shot in 4K

The new AD they teased a while back will finally make an appearance next time

edit - according to the credits, Matsui is back as an AD, and Oosuka is a director now

Kakaricho fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jun 2, 2016

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Thanks to Kakaricho for this screenshot:

Game no Naka Ni Haicchatta ( "I Ended Up Inside A Video Game"), written by Producer Kan. A 32-page children's story book to be released July 30th in Japan. 1,350 yen. Available at HMV, Amazon, and Rakuten. Taking preorders now: http://tinyurl.com/gamenonaka

Summary (translated from the Amazon listing): "Mina is a girl who loves video games. One day, while fidding around with her game, she gets sucked into its world. There she plays the role of the protagonist, Pandasaurus. Can she clear the game? Also, she meets an unfamiliar man... What will happen?"

Better shot of the cover:

And a better look inside:

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Congrats! Now I can raise my children on GCCX at every stage of their lives!

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

My sincerest apologies.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
That is so sweet and amazing! :kimchi:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

That's some adorable artwork. Congratulations on the publication!

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

that's some really gorgeous art

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

zari-gani posted:

Game no Naka Ni Haicchatta ( "I Ended Up Inside A Video Game"), written by Producer Kan. A 32-page children's story book to be released July 30th in Japan. 1,350 yen. Available at HMV, Amazon, and Rakuten. Taking preorders now: http://tinyurl.com/gamenonaka

Summary (translated from the Amazon listing): "Mina is a girl who loves video games. One day, while fidding around with her game, she gets sucked into its world. There she plays the role of the protagonist, Pandasaurus. Can she clear the game? Also, she meets an unfamiliar man... What will happen?"

That is unreasonably adorabe. :unsmith:

Adamant
Jan 30, 2013

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

and then there's Mew who as far as I recall is inaccessible outside of glitches.

They've had special events in Japan where you can get Mew traded to your VC game that mimic the old Mew events from back in the day. You needed a special voucher included with the Pokemon R/G/B/Y edition 2DSes to attend.

Chances are they'll have Arino "attend" a similar event.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

zari-gani posted:

Pre-ordered. It's my reading level too.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Mister Chief posted:

I'm never going to be able to read this, but I've ordered it all the same.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Mister Chief posted:

Haha, that's actually a good point. Recommended to people learning Japanese!

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

i feel like i should be kinda weirded out by a children's book about arino but i mostly want to see his little girls' expressions when he reads it to them :3:

imagine having ur actual dad in a children's book

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

Kakaricho posted:

The Cho Aniki challenge is a two part episode.

In the opening, all of the old rumors that Beat Takeshi was really drunk making Takeshi's Challenge Letter were confirmed true during a conversation with Takeshi himself.

The ice cream announcement was about the Shikoku special. Arino is already fearing being shot in 4K

The new AD they teased a while back will finally make an appearance next time

edit - according to the credits, Matsui is back as an AD, and Oosuka is a director now

:aaaaa:

I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE SO BADLY. TAKESHI~ ♥

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Caitlin posted:

:aaaaa:

I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE SO BADLY. TAKESHI~ ♥

I got super hopeful when an overly confident Arino was doing well and talked about doing an Arino/Inoue-as-Beat-Takeshi routine to fill time when he was doing well.

A man can dream.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Nemo2342 posted:

I'm never going to be able to read this, but I've ordered it all the same.
same

zari-gani posted:

Haha, that's actually a good point. Recommended to people learning Japanese!

I've found that Japanese children's books are hardcore as gently caress, just yesterday I read ともだちごっこ, which was basically Babby's First Book About Bros Before Hos

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

zari-gani posted:

[cropping most of the post out]

This is ridiculously cute. Congrats!

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I'm definitely going to buy this book when I have the cash. Congrats.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Yeah that art is amazing. I might have to buy a copy for myself and one for my library's children's collection. It doesn't look like there's much (any?) text inside so it wouldn't really need a translation.

Adamant
Jan 30, 2013

Speaking of the Pokemon episode, has there been any indication of when they'll post part 2? I'm finding myself checking the Nintendo Youtube channel on a daily basis just to see if it's up.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

King Vidiot posted:

Yeah that art is amazing. I might have to buy a copy for myself and one for my library's children's collection. It doesn't look like there's much (any?) text inside so it wouldn't really need a translation.

They haven't added the text to the pages yet so the previews are just of my art.

Thanks everyone for the support! I'm really hoping it gets a lot of preorders. Incidentally, Kan's mother is extremely excited about it and claimed she'll buy 30 copies.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
I just watched the latest episode and I have two questions:

1) what the gently caress is cho aniki

2) Is it not a very hard game or has Arino just gotten a lot better at shooters? It doesn't look that much easier than your average shooting game, except maybe that the save system is more generous. He was making pretty good progress.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

zari-gani posted:

Incidentally, Kan's mother is extremely excited about it and claimed she'll buy 30 copies.

Kan's family is the best. :3:

Rochallor posted:

2) Is it not a very hard game or has Arino just gotten a lot better at shooters? It doesn't look that much easier than your average shooting game, except maybe that the save system is more generous. He was making pretty good progress.

1) It's Cho Aniki. What, you don't like muscle bound dudes? What's wrong with you?
2) He's come a long way. But yes Cho Aniki is more forgiving than your typical shooter.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

Rochallor posted:

This sums it up better than anyone could imo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_H-1hmdQEk

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Adamant posted:

Speaking of the Pokemon episode, has there been any indication of when they'll post part 2? I'm finding myself checking the Nintendo Youtube channel on a daily basis just to see if it's up.

They haven't announced anything, but Arino posts here when he catches a new Pokemon.

https://twitter.com/arikachopokemon

Adamant
Jan 30, 2013

Kakaricho posted:

They haven't announced anything, but Arino posts here when he catches a new Pokemon.

https://twitter.com/arikachopokemon

Yeah, I've been following those.

He never actually gets to read any of the replies, does he? People have been trying to tell him he already has Flash for a while now.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

The Kumamoto charity event raised over 300,000 yen and collected over 200 games to be donated.

Arino is not very popular with babies though.

Also, Noda is returning as Yoiko's manager after 6 years, and Matsui's return as Chief AD and Oosuka's promotion to Director were confirmed.

Adamant
Jan 30, 2013

Kakaricho posted:

They haven't announced anything

They have now:
https://twitter.com/arikachopokemon/status/741270653358112768

Part 2 got recorded today.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

What is m(_ _)m

Bowing? The player character from Hotline Miami? An aerial view of someone raising the roof except their hands are on backwards?

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

univbee posted:

What is m(_ _)m

Bowing? The player character from Hotline Miami? An aerial view of someone raising the roof except their hands are on backwards?

Prostration

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

June 11th is Nakayama's birthday

@Poco_SP_Dragon

univbee posted:

What is m(_ _)m
Bowing?

Yes.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Kakaricho posted:

Also, Noda is returning as Yoiko's manager after 6 years, and Matsui's return as Chief AD and Oosuka's promotion to Director were confirmed.

Oosuka must be pretty awesome behind the scenes to get bumped up that fast.

univbee posted:

What is m(_ _)m

Killroy, obviously. He just forgot the nose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Random Stranger posted:

Oosuka must be pretty awesome behind the scenes to get bumped up that fast.

I think he's the best AD when it comes to handling Arino. He takes enough of his crap to get a laugh, but pushes back some too. The on going drama of whether Arino can push him into asking out the beautician he likes is great fun too.
That said, the crowd at the charity event went crazy when they said Matsui was coming back